Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

Really debating on whether to go nuts and get that 77" OLED for $4949 this Christmas season...

Like what even is the point of becoming a high earner if you don't splurge on giant OLED tvs?

e: lovely rear end page snipe... speaking of, anyone have experience with that fancy bidet seat in the flyer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

Enos Cabell posted:

Like what even is the point of becoming a high earner if you don't splurge on giant OLED tvs?

e: lovely rear end page snipe... speaking of, anyone have experience with that fancy bidet seat in the flyer?

I've held off by justifying I'm going to buy some flavor of supertoilet in my next house.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Enos Cabell posted:

I haven't used that particular bidet, but just lol if you dont have a bidet. Dry wiping your rear end is for plebs.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

DiggityDoink posted:

I haven't used that particular bidet, but just lol if you dont have a bidet. Dry wiping your rear end is for plebs.

Jokes on you, I exclusively poo poo while showering!

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

DiggityDoink posted:

It's true. We live the good life here in the Costco thread.

small brain: dry toilet paper
big brain: wet wipes
huge brain: wafflestomp in the shower
galaxy brain: bidet

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
if you flush wet wipes go gently caress yourself

Argyle
Jun 7, 2001

Chinatown posted:

If you do gently caress yourself, wet wipes are handy.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Chinatown posted:

I've seen pictures of how it can be bad but what else are you supposed to do with them? I'm not about to throw my literal poo poo in the garbage. I dry wipe first and then maybe use a wet wipe. Probably less than once a day.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Chinatown posted:

Yah they do quite the number on municipal sewage systems. Our cool grandpa mayor posts extensively about it on his social media from time to time :haw:

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I've seen pictures of how it can be bad but what else are you supposed to do with them? I'm not about to throw my literal poo poo in the garbage. I dry wipe first and then maybe use a wet wipe. Probably less than once a day.

stop rubbing your poo poo on them

stop buying them

get a bidet

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

trashing them is p common in southeastern europe, some old soviet blocs, and india and stuff where sewers are old and clog super easily. if you want you can just get a small trashcan next to a toilet like those used for feminine hygeine products and put that. it might be unusual for americans but it's a pretty common practice for hundreds of millions of people.

or don't use them. if you want you can get a spray bottle and soak TP and use moistened-TP.

and also yeah get a bidet.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

I do throw them away after use, but I also live alone and that probably wouldn't work for people who have spouses or boyfriends or girlfriends.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Xaris posted:

if you want you can just get a small trashcan next to a toilet like those used for feminine hygeine products and put that.

i also consider a small covered trashbin standard bathroom equipment. what, you gonna flush your floss?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Doc Hawkins posted:

stop rubbing your poo poo on them

stop buying them

get a bidet

This x1000000000

Seriously the bidet might be the best thing I’ve ever owned.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Enos Cabell posted:

I’ve heard some require a dedicated circuit for the heater. Is that the case for this one?

I’m still going to find the excuse to put in a toilet outlet but I don’t want to have to run a new circuit.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Fallom posted:

I’ve heard some require a dedicated circuit for the heater. Is that the case for this one?

I’m still going to find the excuse to put in a toilet outlet but I don’t want to have to run a new circuit.

The one I got from amazon is unpowered. I live at the beach in CA though so I really don’t need my rear end heated or dried I guess.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

priznat posted:

Simply Purrfect sucks. I tried pretty much everything and the best one I have found is “worlds best cat litter”. It’s a bit more spendy but it is drat effective at keeping smells down.

I'm typically extremely suspicious of anything that tries to label itself "World's Best" but World's Best Cat Litter is true to form. It's way better for cats than the typical bentonite clay stuff too. It doesn't clump quiiite as well, but the cheap stuff is basically concrete mix so I'm not surprised. It still does the job well enough, and smells worlds better besides which is the more important thing to me.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Chinatown posted:

i always have a jar of this in the fridge for snacking. so good.

:hmmyes: I grabbed a jar on a whim last trip and they are so drat good.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious
what page is the bidet on?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

DarkHorse posted:

I'm typically extremely suspicious of anything that tries to label itself "World's Best" but World's Best Cat Litter is true to form. It's way better for cats than the typical bentonite clay stuff too. It doesn't clump quiiite as well, but the cheap stuff is basically concrete mix so I'm not surprised. It still does the job well enough, and smells worlds better besides which is the more important thing to me.

Yeah same about the name but it lives up to the hype. A similar wheat based litter called "swheat scoop" is also good but WB is king.

Also I think that clay is a non renewable resource that gets mined just for cats to poop in whereas the corn/wheat based stuff is using byproduct.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Its easy. You don't use wet wipes.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Chinatown posted:

Its easy. You don't use wet wipes.

drat. I should have read this before I went there. :saddowns: Maybe I can stop taking showers and just use those.

Well I got my stuff but also got 2lbs of Tillamook Extra Sharp White Cheddar cheese for $10.49. Wow. I haven't had Tillamook in years. I'm excited!

I also got a 6 pack of LED lights for $6.99. Holy poo poo. Last time I was looking at LED light bulbs they were like $10 each.

Also got the dog. As is tradition.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
The extra sharp white is :discourse:

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

the mean lunch lady posted:

The Costco in town is selling Toto washlets now. I told my Japanese friend about it and when she forwarded it to her expat group everyone needed to know where to get them.

These things were a godsend while I was biking across Japan and if I had electricity near my toilet it would have been an instant purchase.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

bidets sound cool but maybe not 400 dollars cool

ill stick to my garden hose on the sink approach

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I bought a $25 bidet on Amazon and it's been fine. My house water has really high pressure so I have to use a soft touch on the dial else I get paint-stripping pressure wash on the balloon knot.

Also I don't mind the cold water because I live in the desert and also I'm a tough guy. Tough guy with a clean brown eye

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

bidets sound cool but maybe not 400 dollars cool

ill stick to my garden hose on the sink approach

$400 is a small price to pay to guarantee a pristine rear end hole 99% of the time.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Do those power bidets come with a long cable to reach the GFI plugs usually near the sink? I think that is all I got in my bathroom.

I also want to replace the row of Broadway lights that are my bathroom Lighting that burn hotter than the freakin sun. But then before I know it I'll be replacing the entire bathroom.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
You can add another outlet after your GFCI plug in the circuit in parallel and have it be GFCI protected. Obviously not an answer for everyone though

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

I rolled with an extension cable until I was able to install an outlet next to the bowl. The extension never seemed safe to me.

I have the toto washlet and it is worth more than what they are asking you to pay. Only 1 out of my 3 bathrooms have it, but I'd like to eventually have one in all of them.

Rascallion
Feb 10, 2014
That is a good price for Toto, but there are much better deals on off brand Korean models online.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

canyoneer posted:

I bought a $25 bidet on Amazon and it's been fine. My house water has really high pressure so I have to use a soft touch on the dial else I get paint-stripping pressure wash on the balloon knot.

Also I don't mind the cold water because I live in the desert and also I'm a tough guy. Tough guy with a clean brown eye

This had me chuckling sensibly the whole way through.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

the mean lunch lady posted:

Page 10. I find the BFAds website easier to use: https://www.bfads.net/stores/costco/ads/black-friday/page-10#viewer

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"
My only experience with Kirkland Champagne and Prosecco is drinking it outside in the pool on a hot day which it's perfect for.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Rascallion posted:

That is a good price for Toto, but there are much better deals on off brand Korean models online.

I should also add that's in Canadian dollars.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Coxswain Balls posted:

I should also add that's in Canadian dollars.

I bless the bidets down in Caaaaanada

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

Dang Costco so zero Black Friday deals on the PS4 or Switch? 4 different Xbox bundles though...

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

MarcusSA posted:

The one I got from amazon is unpowered. I live at the beach in CA though so I really don’t need my rear end heated or dried I guess.

You live by the beach you should be using the 3 shells method. Poser!

Or just go in the ocean and grab a jellyfish to clean your starfish after. Maybe an urchin if it is a stubborn one.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
never forget

https://twitter.com/boner_tricks/status/793174738579419136

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

Rotisserie chickens are basically Maintenance Human.