Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The flying whale from the Phantom Pain teaser was seen in the trailer too it looks like. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

FatalT posted:

All I can say is, Good luck avoiding story spoilers for the next 6-9 months!

Especially if this game is full of memeable content

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Look Sir Droids posted:

Also, was that a dinosaur swimming around at the 3:15 mark?

Kojima, you magnificent bastard.

Looks like the whale thing that's shown at the end of the trailer. It's got the same back

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
how spoilery is that trailer, is there new music?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Vikar Jerome posted:

how spoilery is that trailer, is there new music?

The first question is impossible to answer cause Kojima, yes to the second I think?

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.
IMO trailers are by definition not spoilers. They're marketing.

It doesn't seem to reveal anything explicit about the plot.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I am curious about the total cutscene length. I hope we get that number before release. I am putting in a bet for around 10 hours.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
It does seem to reveal that the "connect America" quest gets finished midway through the game.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

I said come in! posted:

I am curious about the total cutscene length. I hope we get that number before release. I am putting in a bet for around 10 hours.

i believe the leaked impressions said mgs4 length so make of that what you will.

im curious how big the map is, will it really be a scaled down whole america?

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

Vikar Jerome posted:

i believe the leaked impressions said mgs4 length so make of that what you will.

If so, goddamn. I wonder what the budget for this was if there's that much mo-cap and voice work from so many established actors.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
I also assume it's like MGS4 in the way that there are a lot of irrelevant things you can do in the first chapters, but most players will just beeline for the main quest markers.

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
The trailer left me with more questions than answers.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Adaptabullshit posted:

Welcome to a Hideo Kojima game. The questions probably won't be answered either, but the excitement comes with wondering which ones.

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
One week!

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Adaptabullshit posted:

Kojima at his best

e: I can't wait for the 83% metacritic score, all gamers making a huge fuss about it beeing overhyped and stuff, while I'll deliver some wonderfull pizza while soothing the BB.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
I think Kojima has some things to say about America

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Holy poo poo, that "BB's Theme" song from the trailer is freaking amazing. Here it is by itself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVavFG7xJ88

EDIT: It kinda reminds me of parts of Odin Sphere's theme:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APcDOXjiG7g

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

tuo posted:

Kojima at his best

e: I can't wait for the 83% metacritic score, all gamers making a huge fuss about it beeing overhyped and stuff, while I'll deliver some wonderfull pizza while soothing the BB.

Not looking forward to the brutal harassment and death threats that a reviewer will get when they give the game a 7/10. It's perfectly okay if someone doesn't end up liking this game.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Were I a professional game reviewer I would call in every single favor I possibly could not to be assigned Death Stranding.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Harrow posted:

Were I a professional game reviewer I would pull in every single favor I possibly could not to be assigned Death Stranding.

Absolutely, this is a game I would not want to review, or I would just half rear end it and say only nice things about it and give it a 10/10. I salute the brave soul that is going to give this game a negative rating and recommend that people not buy it.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

I said come in! posted:

Not looking forward to the brutal harassment and death threats that a reviewer will get when they give the game a 7/10. It's perfectly okay if someone doesn't end up liking this game.

I actually expect this game to be a solid 8/10. Cool story with pretty good storytelling, but kojima, very solid game mechanics which are something new, but kojima.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea I'm expecting 7-8 range myself, cool high concept Kojima game with typical good Kojima mechanics and bonkers everything else

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

This game will be good for people that already like Kojima and bad for people that already hate Kojima.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Look Sir Droids posted:

This game will be good for people that already like Kojima and bad for people that already hate Kojima.

What about the people who love to hate on Kojima?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The obsession people have with Kojima is maybe a bit weird, but that is not his fault (celebrity worship in general is ultra weird). His games still own.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

Avirosb posted:

What about the people who love to hate on Kojima?

Inverse proportion between their review score to the amount they shitpost about it.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
America is a lie :911:

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Embargo for reviews ends tomorrow, right?

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

ZeeBoi posted:

Embargo for reviews ends tomorrow, right?

Friday, November 1st

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Oh right, today isn’t Thursday. :downs:

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

I said come in! posted:

The obsession people have with Kojima is maybe a bit weird, but that is not his fault (celebrity worship in general is ultra weird). His games still own.

To me its no different then getting excited for a directors upcoming movie. If you are a fan of someone's work, then yeah you know to check out whatever they are making.

But yeah gamers are crazy so Kojima and Yoko Taro can feel like wacky caricutures, Although that Taro wears a full face mask and acts goofy.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
A reviewer friend of mine mentioned they had a copy. They gave it to another reviewer who likes Kojima because they hate Kojima. They told me basically, that the embargo for reviews ends on friday at 12am PST if I got the time conversion correct. Also that the NDA they had to sign was the most ridiculous one they'd ever seen and that certain spoiler/plot points were marked as 'do not mention'. I didn't ask for any details on the game and they didn't give me any.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

redreader posted:

I didn't ask for any details on the game and they didn't give me any.

That's for the best. It's super easy to get blacklisted in this industry. I know a few people in the game industry who work on high profile games, or get access to them, and I never bother to ask for details on what they are working on, don't want to put them into an uncomfortable position.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

redreader posted:

Also that the NDA they had to sign was the most ridiculous one they'd ever seen and that certain spoiler/plot points were marked as 'do not mention'. I didn't ask for any details on the game and they didn't give me any.

That rules

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
Oh. I clean forgot my most important point. Part of the NDA / review agreement said: "if you review this game you absolutely are expected to have completed it"

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

redreader posted:

Oh. I clean forgot my most important point. Part of the NDA / review agreement said: "if you review this game you absolutely are expected to have completed it"

Good

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Good, there was a big complaint that Konami only allowed reviewers access to MGSV for a limited number of hours because they were probably worried the second half of the game wouldn’t review as well. Expecting completion is a confident move.

And I guess that explains why review embargoes are being lifted a week before launch.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

i wonder, with all the stuff about connecting and online stuff, that we'll have a similar (and actually working) thing from peace walker/mgsv with the extra endings that change things up? might be half the reason the pc version isnt out til next year, to avoid datamining poo poo like with mgsv?

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

redreader posted:

loving sick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

redreader posted:

Also that the NDA they had to sign was the most ridiculous one they'd ever seen and that certain spoiler/plot points were marked as 'do not mention'.

You may occasionally* notice a floating psychic vampire following Norman. Also the vampire has Tourette syndrome. Please do not mention this.

*Always