Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Cavauro posted:

my monitor has a matte screen and does not reflect anything. gently caress this. plus i was using it to type on here. got any more clever remarks.

ur butt stinks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

shiksa posted:

it's a weed leaf friend

I considered that, but that doesn't look like a weed leaf.

Or any other kind of leaf.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Didn't JR used to yell "SOUPBONE!!" when Taker or maybe Kane would punch people?

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Didn't JR used to yell "SOUPBONE!!" when Taker or maybe Kane would punch people?

he would say it for the other hosses though taker would get a soupbone call every so often. kane not so much (cause most of the time kane would do the throat strike)

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I forget who it was that had Carcinogenic Right Hands. Big Show had a typewriter-like head

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

DeathChicken posted:

I forget who it was that had Carcinogenic Right Hands. Big Show had a typewriter-like head

I would remember that call if I heard it. maybe they didn't use it much.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

DeathChicken posted:

shane carwin

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

Iskanderson
Apr 16, 2009

DeathChicken posted:

I'm pretty sure it was Undertaker.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

there were rumors about TLC but not destiny's child

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
what's the oldest really good lucha match that's actually on tape? So much of that stuff seems just completely wiped out or not recorded at all

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

AkumaHokoru posted:

there were rumors about TLC but not destiny's child

dunno why you would say this when you can see the rumour right there :smug:

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

DeathChicken posted:

Taker.

Iskanderson posted:

I'm pretty sure it was Undertaker.
Yepper.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Seams posted:

dunno why you would say this when you can see the rumour right there :smug:

lol i mean thats fair but a rumor has to travel to gain power

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
It travelled here from 1998

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I remember really enjoying the feud in WCW between Raven Benoit and DDP but don't actually remember what it was about or what happened. Does anyone remember? Bonus points if you can just from memory without any refreshers.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Spikegal posted:

I remember really enjoying the feud in WCW between Raven Benoit and DDP but don't actually remember what it was about or what happened. Does anyone remember? Bonus points if you can just from memory without any refreshers.

Ok so Benoit was feuding with Raven and had to go through the Flock before he faced Raven. He finally faced Raven at Souled Out 98 and destroyed him. The next month Benoit faced DDP for the US title at Superbrawl and lost. Raven then DDTed DDP through a coffee table on MTV Live and started their feud, and Benoit was like, hey I beat you and could have beat DDP so let's all feud. They had the best 3 way up to that point at Uncensored, then Benoit went with Booker T and Raven beat DDP at Spring Stampede to then drop the US title to Goldberg the next night.

Manwall!
Dec 27, 2004
Manwall es victorioso!
People often talk about dream matches, but what are some potential nightmare matches you can think of; matches that never happened but would have almost certainly been either complete shitshows or so lacking in chemistry as to be unwatchable?

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Manwall! posted:

People often talk about dream matches, but what are some potential nightmare matches you can think of; matches that never happened but would have almost certainly been either complete shitshows or so lacking in chemistry as to be unwatchable?

HBK vs austin aries

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Hogan vs Low Ki

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

zsj vs shane mcmahon

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
big daddy vs marty scurll

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Manwall! posted:

Giant Gonzalez vs. Great Khali.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Gavok posted:

Giant Gonzalez vs. Great Khali.

now youve done it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwGrDn1iDG0

Note: this was in the 1994 G1

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Thanks for posting that, I was intending to look for it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuXcynBZEC0

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

kane vs shuji ishikawa

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Lid posted:

Note: this was in the 1994 G1

Is Inoki to blame for this? Because I feel like this is something Inoki would do.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Jerusalem posted:

Is Inoki to blame for this? Because I feel like this is something Inoki would do.

good news they werent in the tournament proper, but this was on one of the shows

the tournament had some dead set legends

Chono, Choshu, Fujiwara, Mutoh, Fujinami, Hase, Hashimoto, Sasaki and even a young Takayuki Iizuka

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

yoshi-hashi vs davey richards

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.

fatherofmustard posted:

Hogan vs Low Ki

Nah man that sounds like a good time.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
Erik watts v David sammartino

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Draxion posted:

zsj vs shane mcmahon

Zack would carry him to a passable match.

Brakkus vs The Great Khali, book it.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Loch Ness vs. Ahmed Johnson

BTF
Oct 15, 2019

I love Matt Taven

Manwall! posted:

Matt Taven vs Baron Corbin

Preferably in a 60 minute Iron Man Match.

That ends in a draw.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

seth rollins in aew or njpw

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Cavauro posted:

seth rollins in aew or njpw

Rollins in a workrate match in NJPW would depend entirely on who he's faced with but would likely be as poorly received as Cody's work there. just like polite applause, that's all.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Vader vs Brian Danielson

Or really anybody who doesn't know the difference between a worked punch and a shoot punch vs Brian Danielson.
One big potato and suddenly he's signing his checks "Daniel Bryan"

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

harperdc posted:

Rollins in a workrate match in NJPW would depend entirely on who he's faced with but would likely be as poorly received as Cody's work there. just like polite applause, that's all.

he would be literally chase owens

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Low Desert Punk posted:

what's the oldest really good lucha match that's actually on tape? So much of that stuff seems just completely wiped out or not recorded at all

MS-1 vs Sangre Chicana is the oldest, greatest match ever type match I've watched. It's from the EMLL 50th Anniversary show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXJC75SV6xE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Hogan/Warrior but in TNA.