Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Some other notable upcoming stuff in the indie space

https://store.steampowered.com/app/944920/Nanotale__Typing_Chronicles/?snr=1_239_1700__1707_6 <-- The sequel to Epistory: Typing Chronicles

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1121560/Atelier_Ryza_Ever_Darkness__the_Secret_Hideout/?snr=1_239_1700__1707_16 <-- The latest in the incredibly chill Atelier series. This is the one where the character designer is horny for thigh gaps

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1003890/Blacksad_Under_the_Skin/?snr=1_7_7_popularcomingsoon_150_2 <-- Telltale-style adaption of the Blacksad comics, by the Yesterday dev I think

https://store.steampowered.com/app/978460/Emily_is_Away_3/?snr=1_7_7_popularcomingsoon_150_2 <-- For the third game it looks like they're moving on from the fake AIM interface to fake Facebook

https://store.steampowered.com/app/952540/Romancing_SaGa_3/?snr=1_7_7_popularcomingsoon_150_2 <-- Romancing SaGa 3... hopefully they eventually remaster Frontier 1 & 2

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1148650/The_Legend_of_BumBo/?snr=1_7_7_popularcomingsoon_150_3 <-- Latest game by Binding of Isaac creator

https://store.steampowered.com/app/359510/Tangle_Tower/?snr=1_7_7_comingsoon_150_3 <-- PC release of my top indie game of the year, a sequel to Detective Grimoire that is an improvement in every way, gorgeous to look at and fun to click on everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

itry
Aug 23, 2019

something posted:

Thanks a bunch!

So my Idle/Incremental/Clicker game NGU IDLE launched at the start of this month:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1147690/NGU_IDLE/

If you've ever played a game like Cookie Clicker or Clicker Heroes or Adventure Capitalist, it's one of those but better because a goon made it. It's a mix of a Resource Management and RPG game where you can close it overnight or go to work, and come back and you've gained all sorts of stats and things and makes you feel like you accomplished something in your life. It's chock-full of crude jokes and puns and recently some cool art another goon (Musluk) made.

This .gif sums up the tone of NGU IDLE:

And now my shill has ended.

Someone's made a pretty in-depth review for it too:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLIy0k-H108

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja

I played this for about an hour, and it's neat! It immediately reminded me of Idle Wizard, are you aware of that one? Your game seems to be of a similar brand of idle games, where there's actual gameplay involving figuring out various systems to make them numbers go up. As opposed to actually clicking repeatedly on things. When Idle Wizard unfolds, it becomes kind of like a mathematical puzzle game where you have to figure out how to mash different multipliers together, in order to launch the numbers on a whole new level. If you haven't, check it out, I think it could provide inspiration for further development.

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

Eldervale is some sort of early 2000s inspired survival horror third person shooter from a single dev.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1032830/Eldervale/?snr=1_7_7_230_150_1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-r8wp6KOW3o

there is also an demo on Itch https://solkitte.itch.io/eldervale-demo

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Looks interesting but it's hard to tell how polished it is from the video.

When it comes to October releases I feel like now's the calm before the storm.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Something moved today:

Moons of Madness - Space Odyssey meets Cthulhu

Knight Swap - a puzzle game based entirely on the movement pattern of a chess knight

New Tricks for Old Gods - what the gently caress

Feral Blue - a gritty, survival-based take on Pirates!

Tangle Tower - a detective point'n click adventure game with cool-looking visuals

AI War 2 - full release of the grand strategy/rts sequel

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Tangle Tower is a sequel to the detective grimoire games. Cute and good. Also on Apple Arcade

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Bogart posted:

Tangle Tower is a sequel to the detective grimoire games. Cute and good. Also on Apple Arcade

does "on apple arcade" mean it's also compatible with ios?

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

I appreciate this thread.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

mike12345 posted:

does "on apple arcade" mean it's also compatible with ios?

Apple Arcade is the new dumb subscription service so it's not for sale on the normal app store. It's dumb!!!

Anyway I'm just gonna get it on switch so nyah

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
It’s dumb but has a lot of good games on it. :shobon:

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Palpek posted:

I just saw that earlier this month a new Amanita Design game got released (they made Machniarium and Botanicula): Pilgrims

As always it looks very original but might be too rough for me.

This is very good but it's literally an hour long lol

itry
Aug 23, 2019

It's also very cheap.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

itry posted:

It's also very cheap.

True, I got it with apple arcade

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I hope Amanita makes another game like Pilgrims, the systems are great and I was all set to do more and then the game just ends.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

In a shocking twist more games released today that caught my eye:

Crossroads Inn - you run an inn in a classic Western RPG game

Lornsword Winter Chronicle - a mix of action and strategy genres with a heavy focus on the story

Dusk Diver - PC release of an anime beat-em-up

Ailment - a pixel-art story-driven action game

Lonely Mountains Downhill - ride a bike down the hill

stikir - a weird small platformer

Palpek fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Oct 23, 2019

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

The Outer Worlds is out for PC in about 48 minutes (4 PM PDT). The MSoft Game Pass for PC beta is a whopping $1 right now so if you want to play what will probably be the second best RPG of the year (all hail Disco Elysium) for a buck now's your chance.

You can also get it on Epic Game Store if you want, I guess.

Palpek posted:

In a shocking twist more games released today that caught my eye:

Crossroads Inn - you run an inn in a classic Western RPG game

This sort of thing is extremely my jam but it looks like a bunch of negative reviews flooded in so I think I'll wait for some more takes to get posted before I risk it.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
Disclaimer: This is pure self-promotion, nothing more.

Phucker in the Rome was just released like two seconds ago. It is the final game in the HIGHLY revered Phucker saga, and it's also the best one out of all three of them.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1164570/Phucker_in_the_Rome/

Problem Sleuth
Apr 12, 2011

WELCOME TO THE NEW FUTURE

Gortarius posted:

Disclaimer: This is pure self-promotion, nothing more.

Phucker in the Rome was just released like two seconds ago. It is the final game in the HIGHLY revered Phucker saga, and it's also the best one out of all three of them.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1164570/Phucker_in_the_Rome/

This looks incredibly stupid so I'll give it a shot after work

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Outer Worlds is here. Obsidian's new New Vegas in their own sci-fi universe. You can also get it for $1 if you sign up for Xbox Game Pass on PC as the game's included.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

A fresh batch:

Olimdal - a puzzle game where you're playing as a tiny wizard

MO: Astray - a great-looking action platformer where a character resembling Baba visits horror sci-fi

Egress - a Dark Souls take on a Battle Royale multiplayer game

Journey of Greed - a card-based digital board game

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Palpek posted:

MO: Astray - a great-looking action platformer where a character resembling Baba visits horror sci-fi

Hmm. This one looks pretty nice. Need to look up some gameplay.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Palpek posted:

Olimdal - a puzzle game where you're playing as a tiny wizard

Oh that looks awesome, I've always had a thing for tiny isometric puzzly games. Only one review but for :sixbux: it seems like a reasonable risk.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Captain Hygiene posted:

Oh that looks awesome, I've always had a thing for tiny isometric puzzly games. Only one review but for :sixbux: it seems like a reasonable risk.
Drop by with some impressions if you end up buying it.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Palpek posted:

Drop by with some impressions if you end up buying it.

I've played about 10 levels and give it a moderate recommend. The gameplay isn't quite what I'd guessed from my quick look: you do maneuver your little wizard around each level to get to the portal, but the catch is that you're always moving various other blocks/furniture with you while you move. Some duplicate your movement, some only move certain directions, some move oppositely to you, etc, with the goal being to shift them around to let you get where you need to go.
For what it is, it's extremely pleasant - looks and sounds nice, and it's pretty relaxing. The big drawback is that it looks to be a lot shorter than I'd guessed, ~30 levels if I'm not mistaken. For a PC game I was guessing it'd be a lot longer, but sure enough it's originally an iphone game you can buy for $3. So I like it and recommend taking a look, but probably wouldn't buy until it hits at least that price point.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Ok, sounds pleasant. There were some puzzle mobile games that translated well to a bigger screen (like The Room games).

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Hey y’all, hope you don’t mind if I do a plug, but my buddy’s puzzle game came out at the beginning of the month and he’s still providing updates for it. It’s called Crossniq+ and you make crosses with tiles. There’s time attack, an endless survival thing, but honestly the real hype is in Versus, which is ripe for poo poo-talking. It’s got a big Y2K aesthetic about it and he spent ages making sure the menus were as Dreamcast as possible. Also it’s eight bucks. Come on. Eight bucks.

You can get it on itch.io, Steam, or the Nintendo eShop. The Switch version supports the touch screen in handheld mode!

Here’s a trailer: https://youtu.be/CG-feYEN5JU

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Yea CROSSNIQ+ owns, it plays as great as it looks. I haven't played versus yet but the endless mode is tight, managing the special blocks that restrict your movement is strangely compelling.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
There's a new ice age game

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

SeXReX posted:

There's a new ice age game
I thought this one was really random for a tie-in title because the last movie released 3 years ago. Which kid is asking their parents for an Ice Age game at this point?

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
Special needs children.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

No Longer Home 29 - a magical realist point and click game

Spirit Oath - some kind of indie tactical game

XOXO Blood Droplets - absurd, dark comedy, twisted romance VN - it's free

Brume - action-adventure game with graphics that remind me of Obra Dinn

Palpek fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Oct 31, 2019

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

lol my internet hosed up double post

Palpek fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Oct 30, 2019

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
The releases so nice you posted them twice! I’ll definitely give the point and click and the vn a look, even if I’m leery the former might be cashing on Kentucky route zero.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

But I repeat myself :f5h::downs:

Palpek fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Oct 31, 2019

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

OKAY FINE, WE'LL TRY THEM, GEEZ!

No Longer Home looks interesting, I'll look at it some more and maybe give it a shot

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
The new Brume release its actually an extended cut of the old version.

Those who don't know sokpop, the collective releases 2 games a month and you can subscribe to their patreon as low as $3/mo to get them

A game from back in August, Bobo Robot, I highly recommend. It's a byte sized metroidvania sorta thing with a whole heap of charm.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Repost from horror thread since this is currently Halloween in America and this came out on the last of September.

---
I want to recommend Now You See, a Texas Chainsaw Massacre rear end point and click adventure game. Reminds me a lot of those old Flash escape room horror games you'd find on Newgrounds. Its minimalistic design and lack of player friendly features like a hint system result in a lot of pixel hunts and obtuse puzzles but I haven't found it too taxing as a casual adventure/hidden object game player. Pretty, some fun scares, and decently well designed by a two person team I believe. Recommended if you liked Scratches.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

This thread never stops.

Lost in Sweets - you manage a pâtissierie in a mystical world full of weird creatures, graphics look hella cute

Reviser - a top-down twin stick shooter with RPG elements in a military setting

The Lighthouse - you're a detective in a noir thriller with some alternate dimensions mixed in

Bewitched - a VN with pleasant graphics

Ratropolis - a card game where you defend a fantasy rat city from enemy attacks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

One interesting highlight today:

Legioncraft - rogue-lite strategy game with a kick-rear end visual style, check it out: