Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Make it a point streak, it’ll encourage people to also run objectives. All “you can have it back when you’ve shown me you can behave”.

Even better.

PKM is good when the netcode works. Had a round on that Russia map in the city and would put six or seven rounds in someone and either get an assist or they'd just spin about and two tap me. Think I'll just put this on the backburner for now, between the netcode, spawns, spawn protection being removed from beta (why?), and the non stop callouts, poo poo just isn't all that fun.

Bit of a bummer, I absolutely loved the beta and playing that is what got me to buy this in the first place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
I feel TTK is approaching titanfall levels of "instant death" but titanfall had the excuse of being ultra fast and essentially being a twitch shooter

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
I do think as others have said something needs to be done about quitting early. I don’t care the mode they need to make it annoying. Because I’ve had too many games get slightly lopsided but then have a teammate or two quit and then make it really bad.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

soggybagel posted:

I do think as others have said something needs to be done about quitting early. I don’t care the mode they need to make it annoying. Because I’ve had too many games get slightly lopsided but then have a teammate or two quit and then make it really bad.

Let's say if you quit out on three games in an hour, you get added to a player pool of similar people and you get matchmade together. You are not matchmade with the general player population. Play some games in the quitter pool to get added back to the main population.

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
My posting is like I Love Lucy without the funny bits. Basically, WAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

E.G.G.S. posted:

The city Ground War map would be so much better if I could find the right angle to mortar the sniper roofs with the JOKR launcher.

Did they stop paying for licensed names or something? I see so many weird names for guns in this game.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

GyverMac posted:

Did they stop paying for licensed names or something? I see so many weird names for guns in this game.

I think they’re really playing up the “alternate reality” part of things, mostly our world but just slightly off. Like the Harrier has weird square intakes and the AC-130 has those big winglets. Basically our world but just slightly askew. I think it’s kind of cool actually.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!

Black Griffon posted:

I do think increasing the amount of non-lethals you spawn with could maybe gently caress with close quarter campers a bit. All of them could be used to ferret out the fuckers when used efficiently.

Also, MW2 chat: Once on Favela I was stuck with a full stack of cool clan tag guys on one side and a rapidly diminishing team on my side. Obviously that didn't go so well, until it was just me left, and I switched to my
K N I F E
B U I L D
I was unstoppable, practically flying around the match like an alien from Alien. Match ended with me owning them like a god and them ragequitting. Best moment of my pvp career.

Stuns or flashbangs can gently caress them up pretty good.

Or just let scavenger loving refill non lethals. Not sure why they took that out and replaced it with "do nothing for 30 seconds while it regenerates"

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

The riot shield and claymores is loving awesome. Too bad dead silence is so lovely

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Remember when noob tube was a 4 letter word

"Owns"

Yup, four letters. :getin:

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

Capn Beeb posted:

Let's say if you quit out on three games in an hour, you get added to a player pool of similar people and you get matchmade together. You are not matchmade with the general player population. Play some games in the quitter pool to get added back to the main population.

I think cool downs never work. Things like five minute or even 30 minute bans. I like the matchmaker pool idea. My idea is just if you quit twice in 30 minutes or maybe twice in an hour you just don’t get to earn any XP or progression for an hour. That probably doesn’t fix it either. So maybe do both mine and your suggestion. Punish the fuckers.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Mister Facetious posted:

"Owns"

Ngl i was always the guy running around with 1887s and the Riot shield when that was the big thing so i was never above being THAT guy

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Le Saboteur posted:

Is there a counter to someone with a riot shield running at you head on if you have no way to flank around behind them? Thats been kind of annoying for me in tight spaces.
Explosives are what usually get me as RS in this game seems to not reduce explosive damage by much if at all. Otherwise as people have said, aim for the feet and back up. You're faster than them and if they try to sprint to catch up the shield drops a lot and you can headshot them.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I just went 29-12 with the M91 in a game of HQ and felt like a loving god. Mmm. Yeah, that’s what I play COD for. We still lost because I was the only one trying to actually play the objective, but I get a kick out of the fact that my KDR was better than the people hanging back and playing it safe.

E: There was also a lot of C4 use. So many C4 double kills.

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012
camping is this game makes me want to kill myself
gently caress you iw retards for putting claymore at lvl 1

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Remember when noob tube was a 4 letter word

man, I used to be a surgeon with that loving thing in the original modern warfare.

I remember doing poo poo like cross map shots on Ambush into the various sniper nests.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

TMMadman posted:

man, I used to be a surgeon with that loving thing in the original modern warfare.

I remember doing poo poo like cross map shots on Ambush into the various sniper nests.

Yeah, people would use the same sniper nests every drat game so you could get the shot dialed in and pop a blind grenade into a window to clear a path and get an easy kill, it ruled.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Not Al-Qaeda posted:

The part that really sucks is that you have to pick between a perk that only sometimes prevents you from dying and anything else that’s useful.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Does anyone want to do some co-op with me?
It's uh...
Embarrassingly hard to deal with randoms that either never do objectives, or drop, or don't rez you, or might as well not be there.

DarkDobe#1234 on blizzard thingy.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Wow the Oden is loving irredeemable without any attachments. This thing is worth leveling up though huh?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Yeah, people would use the same sniper nests every drat game so you could get the shot dialed in and pop a blind grenade into a window to clear a path and get an easy kill, it ruled.

Yeah, but it was even better getting that sweet easy kill with the AK noob tube from somewhere near the other sniper nest.

I was seriously skilled with the noob tube in 4.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

veni veni veni posted:

Wow the Oden is loving irredeemable without any attachments. This thing is worth leveling up though huh?

Yes.
I like it even if it's clunky as gently caress. Also outdamages other guns (barring headshots) and clicking skulls with it is pretty easy.

JoaoVitorBF
Aug 31, 2018

I AM THE DARKNESS
The maps sure are unmemorable and uninspired. I mean, the game is fun and I don't think the maps are that bad to play, but they are pretty generic and I don't remember the name of any, except for Piccadilly because that's the map where everything is blue and everything sucks.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

soggybagel posted:

I think cool downs never work. Things like five minute or even 30 minute bans. I like the matchmaker pool idea. My idea is just if you quit twice in 30 minutes or maybe twice in an hour you just don’t get to earn any XP or progression for an hour. That probably doesn’t fix it either. So maybe do both mine and your suggestion. Punish the fuckers.

Yeah. Something needs to be done, it's frustrating seeing your team steadily trickle out as the stomp gets worse and worse.

veni veni veni posted:

The FAL is in the same boat. A later perk unlock turns it into a burst rifle which is probably the only way it'll be truly viable, but holy poo poo it's like rank 50something :argh:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

DarkDobe posted:

Yes.
I like it even if it's clunky as gently caress. Also outdamages other guns (barring headshots) and clicking skulls with it is pretty easy.

Yeah played a few more rounds with it and it’s pretty rad. Sort of tricky though

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

veni veni veni posted:

Yeah played a few more rounds with it and it’s pretty rad. Sort of tricky though

Slimy... yet satisfying!

It's really an acquired taste.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

You could also throw combat knives across the map and kill someone running out of spawn at the start of the game. Good times.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

It seems really bad at close range though and I feel like I need to run overkill with a shotgun to not get murdered.

The thing that makes most of the guns feel like poo poo until you start unlocking stuff is the slow rear end default Ads speed. Being able to ADS at half the speed of someone with an upgraded gun is crippling.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Not Al-Qaeda posted:

Hey friend, you should probably find a different word. Just a friendly suggestion. Also sorry about all the claymores.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Mister Facetious posted:

"Owns"

We had a cyber security presentation today and the lady brought up haveibeenpwned.com and she pronounced it "pawned". I guess really its just an internet word no one with a life should be aware of, or certainly ever use.

Twice now I've had this super glitch where everything just becomes one big glitch, all I can see is my arms and gun and the odd object if I get close enough to it, but its completely unplayable. I rebooted the game and even my PC when I noticed the lobby background was all black after just closing the game, but was still black even after the full PC reboot. But everything worked fine when the game loaded in. I finally got to see the city ground war map, and a portion of it had the tiedye glitch painted over it. Hopefully all this gets worked out.

People are ruining FFA for me with this loving metal gear solid-esque sneaking. Double kill? Forget about it, everyones at least 50 feet away from each other at all times. Do you keep the music on? Seems foolish to leave it on with the emphasis on sound, as much as I enjoy how it denotes certain moments in a round.

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

These spawns seem pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOSLY0G43f0

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
So it doesn't seem to record kills for weapons you haven't unlocked yet but have blueprints for. So I was trying to do one of the missions that is get 35 kills with an SMG and I was using the MP7 Blueprint you get for pre ordering and I got around 20 kills in a match and 0 progress on the mission. Possibly a feature, most likely a bug.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Le Saboteur posted:

So it doesn't seem to record kills for weapons you haven't unlocked yet but have blueprints for. So I was trying to do one of the missions that is get 35 kills with an SMG and I was using the MP7 Blueprint you get for pre ordering and I got around 20 kills in a match and 0 progress on the mission. Possibly a feature, most likely a bug.

I dont think blueprints count - but using the guns in Gunfight does.
I ended up pre-leveling a good amount of the 'cast' by playing a ton of gunfight early on.
There's also the occasional UI glitch that reverts all your gun levels to 1 (but doesn't affect the unlocks)

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

9mm rounds for the M4. Better/worse? Any thoughts? I just unlocked them.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Just make it so bailing results in temp ban and reverts any earned xp, weapon and otherwise. Maybe even a period of diminished xp gain

It sucks being on either side of it. You end up in an unwinnable match or one with nothing to shoot at

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Lol they aren't going to ever suspend people for bailing that would be ridiculous. It is weird that you get to keep your XP though seems like if nothing else that might motivate people to stick around if it didn't.

Sometimes I'll bail If my team is getting completely loving steamrolled because gently caress that and the game should have better matchmaking.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Gonna try to play this game with a podcast in the background to see if I am somehow even worse without the footsteps/callouts. Getting myself hyped with some absolute trash mallgoth rock before then:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqURPBtGJzg

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

RCarr posted:

The riot shield and claymores is loving awesome. Too bad dead silence is so lovely

Ayep. Regenerating claymores, stun grenades, trophy system, overkill with a quickdraw M4, take Dom B and sit right there in the corner in full view of everyone on the other team. Nothing like it.

Couple of times already we'd get back to the lobby and someone'd yell WHO IS THAT DUMB MOTHERFUCKER WITH THE SHIELD GODDAMNIT even though my team lost and I went like 7-15.

That's quality trolling.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

GD_American posted:

Ayep. Regenerating claymores, stun grenades, trophy system, overkill with a quickdraw M4, take Dom B and sit right there in the corner in full view of everyone on the other team. Nothing like it.

Couple of times already we'd get back to the lobby and someone'd yell WHO IS THAT DUMB MOTHERFUCKER WITH THE SHIELD GODDAMNIT even though my team lost and I went like 7-15.

That's quality trolling.

It reminds me of the quality salt I’d get playing as Ajax when I dabbled in BLOPS 4. Even though I only had the shield for like thirty seconds in a match people would get furious, it ruled.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

codo27 posted:

Do you keep the music on? Seems foolish to leave it on with the emphasis on sound, as much as I enjoy how it denotes certain moments in a round.

I've been turning off the music since Black Ops 1. It's pointless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
holy gently caress the mp5 is good hipfired