Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Party Bug
Mar 13, 2008

SALT BECOMES EMPOWERMENT

The last two Rondos. We're getting into SotN and the really long ones soon. I'm not going to post those here but I still intend to play every drat Castlevania, so those interested can follow the youtube playlist or stream for regular updates.

and gently caress dracula

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaming Jay
Jul 11, 2015

Welcome to my full LP of one of my favorite sci-fi RPGs of all time: Battletech: The Crescent Hawk's Inception. This is an old DOS/Amiga/C64-era game set in the Battletech universe. You take on the role of Jason Youngblood, a young Steiner soldier training the be a Mechwarrior like his father on the planet of Pacifica. After getting some minimal training the planet is invaded and the real adventure kicks off. The game is a mix of turn-based mech battles, exploration and unique encounters, and a little bit of light RPG elements. Plus there's a stock market mini-game you need to figure out if you want money to do anything. Oh and this game is by Westwood, the studio that would later go on to create Dune 2 and Command & Conquer.

Full disclosure, I made this LP a while back and I'm very new to SA. I was told that this thread might be an appropriate place to share completed LPs so here I am. I wasn't able to find this game posted anywhere on SA and honestly, I think this game deserves a good, complete LP for posterity. If you have any thoughts on how I could improve this post please let me know! If you guys like this playthrough I've also done one of the sequel to this game (which is more of a tactical strategy game than an RPG but also really deserves a good full playthrough for posterity), and if this LP is received well I can share my LP of the sequel as well. Now on to the main attraction...

Episode 1: Training and Invasion!

In the first episode we spend some time exploring the citadel and going through our first mech battle training missions. We also work on enhancing our financial portfolio with some shady stock trading and use our new found funds to buy some heavy weaponry!

Episode 2: Invasion, the Starport, and Crescent Hawks Operatives

With the planet invaded we make our way to the Starport with a damaged mech we stole. There we try to avoid the Kuritan authorities while we search for secret operatives to recruit. We also dabble in the arena to try to make a quick buck!

Episode 3: Exploration, Cities, and Salvage

Further exploring Pacifica we have some unique encounters including a daring jail heist. We also work on seeing what we can salvage from a few choice mech battles.

Episode 4: The Star League Cache

Hijacking a mech from the arena and then bidding adieu to the Starport as we seek out the Star League cache and a way off this rock!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Gaming Jay posted:

I can share my LP of the sequel as well.

Imma stop you right there, hoss. You said and did the right things to try and disguise that this was a YouTube Dump, but looking at your actual channel rubbed away any of the grey area that you would have been safe in.

Please don't post already completed LPs on Something Awful, period. Not even in the Casual Thread. It says so right there in our wonderful Subforum Rules Thread. Now, you're more than welcome to start a brand new LP here, but SA is not the place for view farming, at least this blatantly.

Now please enjoy your complimentary 24 hours of not posting anything on The Something Awful Forums once the admins sober up.

Gaming Jay
Jul 11, 2015

nine-gear crow posted:

Please don't post already completed LPs on Something Awful, period. Not even in the Casual Thread.

I'm sorry I guess I misunderstood. I thought the description for this casual thread here said if you had completed a game or live streamed one and wanted to post it you could.

My comment about posting the sequel was also something I was only considering if this post was received well. But by the sounds of it people don't want completed LPs posted in any circumstances though? So that's my bad. I won't post further.

I'm also sorry if my post somehow made it seem like this wasn't a previously completed LP. I tried to be clear about that and wasn't trying to hide anything. I tried to make my post look like the style of other posts I've seen here because I wanted to give people a quality post. I didn't intend that to come across as deciet or disguising though

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Gaming Jay posted:

I'm sorry I guess I misunderstood. I thought the description for this casual thread here said if you had completed a game or live streamed one and wanted to post it you could.

My comment about posting the sequel was also something I was only considering if this post was received well. But by the sounds of it people don't want completed LPs posted in any circumstances though? So that's my bad. I won't post further.

I'm also sorry if my post somehow made it seem like this wasn't a previously completed LP. I tried to be clear about that and wasn't trying to hide anything. I tried to make my post look like the style of other posts I've seen here because I wanted to give people a quality post. I didn't intend that to come across as deciet or disguising though

I mean, you did make more effort to understand the culture here and conduct yourself appropriately, so you get props for that. You seem like a decent enough guy and like I said you're probably in the clear given the grey area involved in this sort of thing, but I've got to hew to the rules.

Please don't let this discouraging you from posting anything else here though. I've actually watched some of your stuff and you've got a great LPing presence in your videos and can probably do some great stuff here. Just take this as some trial and error first steps. Pretty much everyone fucks up in some way trying to figure out how to LP on SA.

E: I've also retracted the pending probation, because, well, no rules have technically been broken here. I apologize if I cam across overly harsh.

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Oct 31, 2019

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

nine-gear crow posted:

I mean, you did make more effort to understand the culture here and conduct yourself appropriately, so you get props for that. You seem like a decent enough guy and like I said you're probably in the clear given the grey area involved in this sort of thing, but I've got to hew to the rules.

Please don't let this discouraging you from posting anything else here though. I've actually watched some of your stuff and you've got a great LPing presence in your videos and can probably do some great stuff here. Just take this as some trial and error first steps. Pretty much everyone fucks up in some way trying to figure out how to LP on SA.

E: I've also retracted the pending probation, because, well, no rules have technically been broken here. I apologize if I cam across overly harsh.

Hmm.

Reading the OP of this thread... the only relevant bits are these:

CJacobs posted:

:justpost: :justpost: :justpost:

If you're asking, the answer is yes. The subforum's usual standards of quality are significantly loosened here, so if you're nervous about it or are unsure, just go for it. What do you have to lose, anyway?

There's only really one rule: Please don't debate the ethics/social effects/etc of having a casual LP thread here. If you must, do that in the Sandcastle, where LP subforum-related discussion is usually had. Also don't bother calling somebody out on what is/isn't a casual LP, nobody cares. If someone makes a bad LP then it'll be ignored and they'll stop posting. But it's hard to make a bad LP anyway so don't worry about it.

Other than that, good luck and have fun! :)

It doesn't say anywhere which, if any, subforum rules are loosened and which are still strictly adhered. I completely understand the confusion of what's allowed in this thread, if you're new and read that OP the first time.

Perhaps a good time to clarify the rules in the OP?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Carbon dioxide posted:

Hmm.

Reading the OP of this thread... the only relevant bits are these:

It doesn't say anywhere which, if any, subforum rules are loosened and which are still strictly adhered. I completely understand the confusion of what's allowed in this thread, if you're new and read that OP the first time.

Perhaps a good time to clarify the rules in the OP?

There's also this bit

CJacobs posted:

This thread is for people who don't want to go the extra mile to spit-shine their LP to perfection, or get caught up in editing for hours on end. If you want to post your LP just to entertain people and aren't concerned with being informative, drop it here! Did you record a whole game live or do a live stream that you think is worth saving for posterity? Chop it up into chunks and post it here! Basically: If you don't want to make a thread for your LP, this is the thread for you.

Which, again, is a fairly wide grey area. It's perhaps a question of "just how does one define a YouTube Dump". Because the above example simultaneously both is and isn't. I think a lot of the time in iffy cases like this the sincerity of the poster is what carries it across the finish line, which if nothing else the LP post was made in earnest, so I'm more inclined to ultimately let it slide than if someone Kramered in and was like "Yo, checks out mah YouTub page homes!" and left.

May you live in interesting LP times, I suppose.

Gaming Jay
Jul 11, 2015

nine-gear crow posted:

Thanks. I really appreciate that. SA is a bit intimidating to be honest but your encouragement was really nice. And no worries, I understand the need to prevent SA from becoming a dumping ground so you didn't come across as too harsh. In any event consider the lesson learned :)

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

Hi. I forgot your name. Whatever.
My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
Hyrule Warriors

The final chunk of Legend Mode brings us to the Wind Waker story.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Contrary to what Jacob says in the video, we did get the normal New 3DS outside Japan. There were a few limited releases of that 3DS with bundled software and specific faceplates. There was an Animal Crossing bundle, a bundle with one of the 3DS Mario games, and a bundle with Pokemon Red/Blue.

The Hammer's design in Hyrule Warriors is a reference to the Magic Hammer from Link to the Past.

Fortunately Lizard Wizard has already beaten Yoshi to the punch on a LP of Neopets (or at least the PS2 game).

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
Hyrule Warriors

Illness prevents Yoshi from joining us for the thrilling tail-end of the same poo poo we've been doing for months.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
Hyrule Warriors

It's the penultimate part of the LP, and well, we found her.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
Hyrule Warriors

Hyrule Warriors ends in a confusing scramble and weirdly abrupt conclusion. It couldn't have gone any other way.

Level 1 Thief
Dec 17, 2007

I'm busy, and I'm having fun.

Dropsy is a game about a clown who wants to hug the whole world. I'll be playing it blind.

I've wanted to play Dropsy for a while now but I was always afraid it would turn out that I didn't like it. Fortunately these fears were unfounded -- this game is very charmingly grotesque and (most of the time) relaxing and it's expressive enough to get past most of the hurdles of games that don't use text. It's well worth a look.

Full Playlist

01. Hugs 1-10
02. Hugs 11-22
03. Hugs 23-33
04. Komm, süsser Dropsy (Hugs 34-52)

Level 1 Thief fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Dec 22, 2020

Level 1 Thief
Dec 17, 2007

02. Hugs 11-22 (Playlist)

Dropsy has some troubles at home, but he's not about to let that stop his mission.

NigelThornberry
May 16, 2019
This is Thief (2014) the one that got a lot of fans pissed and that the general public considered " meh". Kind of a weird mish-mash of ideas, but pretty entertaining to LP. This is more of a LP "lite" format with tedious/boring parts cut out (IMO of course) .

https://youtu.be/-kJNOhmmvZk

NigelThornberry fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Nov 28, 2019

NigelThornberry
May 16, 2019

Level 1 Thief
Dec 17, 2007

03. Hugs 23-33 (Playlist)

Dropsy sells out.

Level 1 Thief fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Dec 10, 2019

Level 1 Thief
Dec 17, 2007

04. Komm, süsser Dropsy (Hugs 34-52) (Playlist)

He came, he saw, he hugged. All's well that ends well.

Overall, I had a pretty good time with Dropsy! It definitely had a few uneven parts (particularly some of the mouse mechanics) but for the most part the puzzles were pretty logical and I was never stuck for too long. The artwork strikes a great balance between grotesque and charming and I really enjoyed just hanging out in the world, meeting weird people and figuring out how to make their day a little better. Not a big fan of the abrupt tone shift in the ending -- everything that happened was foreshadowed, sure, but I just didn't feel like Dropsy really needed a big showdown with an antagonist. Still, that's only a small part of a very enjoyable adventure game.

wesandjjthrowaway
Feb 14, 2020

by Reene
This is wesflarger. Using this throwaway account because both myself and jeremystery were probated for so drat long by the humorless burt sexual. That's all I'm saying about that because the GBS forum internet drama isn't what this thread is about and not why I joined in the first place. It's about playing the souls games at the lowest possible level, and that's what I want the discussion to be focused on. I do talk about it a bit in the LP but that's not the center of the thread. I do think I have something not awful to offer the LP threads with my under leveled souls playthroughs. By the way, nine gear crow, I owe you a half hearted apology. Your reaction to my antics was fine compared to other mods. Anyway, i'm seriously not a meta troll or anything just a gay nerd that wants to talk about video games and I DO give a drat about the LP forum.

Here's the first update https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AB5...Jb&index=2&t=4s I have three others recorded and I'll update them each day as my voice recovers from my horrendous chest cold. I would like to get a discussion going on playing the souls games (in this case Bloodborne) at their lowest possible levels, because I have done it with every game. It's entirely possible and you can still create a pretty powerful character. It also shows just how whiny some people are about a game being too hard because they really aren't that hard if you know what you're doing. Let me know what you think and give me any suggestions to make the thread and the videos better or more entertaining. I'm a pretty seasoned and good souls player so I think I have something to offer to people who who also play the Fromsoftware games.

If you don't know, Bloodborne is a Fromsoftware game and is a spiritual successor to the Souls series. They get a really stupid reputation of being too hard and then a lot of people who just suck at the game try and spin it to make Souls games seem like bad designed games. Which they are not. They are the best designed games I have seen in my life and they are not that hard and very enjoyable if you take the time to learn the mechanics and get familiar with each game. I've beaten them all at their lowest level except Dark Souls 3. Let me know what you think and any criticism is welcomed as long you're not just being an rear end in a top hat. If you're going to be an rear end in a top hat at least be funny.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

This is Fallout 4, but not all of it. In fact, it's only the beginning, as I vow to never leave Sanctuary. At first I thought this might be the worst part, but then I remembered that by never leaving Sanctuary, I don't have to engage with the story. I don't have to go through (too many) fake dialogue trees. I don't have to listen to Preston Garvey tell me about another settlement that needs our help. So maybe this is actually one of the best ways to play Fallout 4.

Never Leave Sanctuary - Episode 1

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

This is DOOM, the frenetic, adrenalin-packed, high-intensity first person shooter, published by Bethesda. It's about as close to the opposite of The Witcher as possible. I'm playing it more or less blind. Also I haven't played a serious FPS game in... uh... about twenty years. Who remembers the Marathon trilogy?

Episode 1 - Rip and Tear

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Fallout 4

Never Leave Sanctuary - Episode 2 should amply demonstrate the fact that I have no idea what I'm doing.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Doom (2016) Mostly Blind

Episode 2 is less "Rip and Tear" and more "Rip my hair out because I'm bad at video games." But that won't fit in the title.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I'm practicing healthy social distancing by forgetting to post updates to the thread.

Fallout 4

Never Leave Sanctuary - Episode 3 is painful but lucky for you, it's also edited down to less than nine minutes.

Doom (2016) Mostly Blind

Episode 3 can act as a nice palate cleanser after watching the Fallout 4 video.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

CirclMastr posted:

I'm practicing healthy social distancing

i commend you :hai:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Is there a fallout 4 mod that puts in the social distance donut that you can wear?

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Leal posted:

Is there a fallout 4 mod that puts in the social distance donut that you can wear?

I'm going to guess that yes there is, but I am not going to mess with mods until I at least make the settlement self-sufficient. Or go crazy.

Well, crazier.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Fallout 4

Never Leave Sanctuary - Episode 4 is almost a breaking point for my sanity. Watch me build a useless tower out of sheer madness (and most of my wood).

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

CirclMastr posted:

Fallout 4

Never Leave Sanctuary - Episode 4 is almost a breaking point for my sanity. Watch me build a useless tower out of sheer madness (and most of my wood).

You're over halfway there!
I almost wonder if having zero defense is causing you to not get hit by raiders. Like a sort of baby's-first-settlement protection's being triggered. Then again it's Bethesda so maybe it's just super rare (or broken)

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747
I believe theres a trigger for raiders as soon as you build a single defence turret maybe?

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Doom (2016) Mostly Blind

Episode 4 is further proof that my main enemy is gravity, thus making me Wile E. Coyote.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

It's Pikachu! Adorable! Interactable! Half-baked and barely works!
Hey You, Pikachu! is one of the many Pokemon spin-off games on the Nintendo 64 and a beloved remnant of many a childhood in spite of itself. Utilizing voice recognition technology and a twig of a microphone, you talk to Pikachu to do "fun" "activities" with them or yell in impotent fury when they ignore you while daylight is ending. The technology is somewhat impressive for its time, but Siri/Alexa/Google/etc this is not.
So join me and Mugiwara Yoshi as we try desperately to get Pikachu to hit the loving piñata and eat the loving popcorn.

(Thanks for the gif, Leal!)

Part 1: Chutorials
Part 2: Mamachu
Part 3: Wet Chu Friends
Part 4: Chu on Every Plant
Part 5: Beachu Bum
Part 6: Daringchu
Part 7: Piratechu
Part 8: Pikachu Decided This is the End of the LP
Part 9: Sharkchu Speedrunner
Part 10 END: Go Away, Pikachu!

Fanart

(By BrennaOkazaki)

ThornBrain fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Jun 22, 2020

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Fallout 4

Never Leave Sanctuary - Episode 5 features actual progress, eventually! And more poor decisions on what to spend my resources on.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
Hey You, Pikachu!

Part 2: Mamachu
Now that we're friends with Pikachu, we have to help them with their babysitting.

Magical

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Doom (2016) Mostly Blind

Episode 5 features optional viewer participation! Post in the comments your guess for how many times I run in a circle around the level without finding the objective. Whoever guesses closest to the actual number wins a special prize. Hint: it's more than one.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Fallout 4

Never Leave Sanctuary - Episode 6 shows the cracks starting to form in what's left of my sanity.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Doom (2016) Mostly Blind

Episode 6 features the debut of an enemy with way too much health. Seriously, Revenants look spindly as hell but are such bullet sponges that I constantly refuse to believe how much ammo they take to kill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
Hey You, Pikachu!

Part 3: Wet Chu Friends
Pikachu lives with us now, so it's time for more freedom of movement and a lot of water.