Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I use my Viz sub more than I use my Netflix sub

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
Having your face literally blown off every time you transform probably makes you a bit kooky.

Seriously, you can see chunks of her brain and her nose falling in the air during the transformation panel jesus christ

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Denji straight up hates transforming because it hurts when they come out, so yeah, I doubt it's pleasant.

Also this series owns even if I feel like Beam gonna die here

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Aki is my boy and goddamn it's going to be bad when he dies :saddowns: He's simply to pure and good

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
And you know Fujimoto is gonna kill him because he promised to basically

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Street shark boi will never die you heathens

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Spiderdrake posted:

Denji straight up hates transforming because it hurts when they come out, so yeah, I doubt it's pleasant.

Also this series owns even if I feel like Beam gonna die here

Maybe the headsplosion originates from inside, and her pain-processing grey matter is soup before pain-feeling outer membranes, bones and skin are affected? Or the whole thing is so fast it's just one owie and then devil time.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
https://readms.net/r/csm/045/6291/1

Reze is kind of a big deal. And it seems Beam knows more than he's allowed to tell.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Bomb is very cool.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

I love the fingersnap sending a lit fuse towards someone. Such a cool idea.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Lots of interesting stuff happening this chapter.

Beam knows stuff.
Makima knows stuff.
The second division is about to be slaughtered.
That guy from the second division seems to recognize Reeze. But why. :psyduck:

Good to see Beam survived though. :ohdear: He's a good sharkboy.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Hmm, does Reze just happen to be Russian or has the gun devil taken over the Russian government?

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

RatHat posted:

Hmm, does Reze just happen to be Russian or has the gun devil taken over the Russian government?

Early on Makima was talking to some higher ups and they mentioned the Russians are using devils for military purposes.
So there is definitely a connection there.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Possibly important that Russia was hit the longest in the gun devil attacks too.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Mulderman posted:

I love the fingersnap sending a lit fuse towards someone. Such a cool idea.

Dynamite with a laser beam, guaranteed to blow your mind, anytime.

Down With People
Oct 31, 2012

The child delights in violence.
Bomb!Reze's Aliens-looking nuclear warhead face is an incredible piece of character design.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Of course Gun and Bomb are partners. Either because every gunshot is powered by a small explosion, or because they both work for War.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

It occurs to me they haven't really mentioned devils formed out of primal fears, have they? Like a lot people are really afraid of weapons and forces of nature and sharks and blood, but effectively every human is afraid of the unknown and death and I'd think darkness would rank pretty high too.

Maybe those devils are more passive since they don't need to do much to encourage the fear or remind people of them.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

It occurs to me they haven't really mentioned devils formed out of primal fears, have they? Like a lot people are really afraid of weapons and forces of nature and sharks and blood, but effectively every human is afraid of the unknown and death and I'd think darkness would rank pretty high too.

Maybe those devils are more passive since they don't need to do much to encourage the fear or remind people of them.

THE FUTURE IS BEST!

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
After the gun devil arc is over comes the far more powerful spider devil

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Christ, loving spiders.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
The Public Speaking Devil.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Commitment devil

Serge Painsbourg
Jul 26, 2016

Existential Dread Devil

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Capitalism Devil.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
The interpretive dance devil

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Mulderman posted:

THE FUTURE IS BEST!

At first I was thinking maybe abstract concepts didn't really generate devils then I remembered that one.

Edit: and infinity, I guess.

Mr.Unique-Name fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Oct 31, 2019

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

The Ghost of Lenin Devil

Serge Painsbourg
Jul 26, 2016

Clown Devil
Satan Devil

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
The Devil Devil

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

The Mass Hysteria Devil.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Devil ManMan Devil

And who the gently caress is afraid of angels?

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Lurking Haro posted:

Devil ManMan Devil

They're God's enforcers so it kinda makes sense.

My guess is that Makima is the human devil.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Sindai posted:

After the gun devil arc is over comes the far more powerful spider devil

We already met the Spider Devil. Like many terrifying things, she works for Makima.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Lurking Haro posted:

Devil ManMan Devil

In scripture, most appearances of angels to humans begin with the angel declaring "BE NOT AFRAID".

... Then again classic angel depictions were eldritch beings of wings, flames, eyes, and wheels, occasionally beast faces. "Human with wings" is a cop-out.

Do an image search for old testament angels, poo poo gets weird. There's a reason why the game Bayonetta's angel enemies look the way they do.

The fact that the Angel Devil drains lifespan with a touch also could be peoples depiction of the Angel of Death, aka the Christian Grim Reaper, who comes to you in your final hour.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
The Shadow/Darkness Devil, and I may as well throw in the elemental ones: Fire, Water, Lightning/Thunder, Ice, Wind, Earth

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Fire and Lightning sure, but people aren't really scared of Water, Ice, Wind, and Earth. They'd have to be specific things, like the Typhoon devil. Earthquake, Blizzard, Tornado, ect.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
People are definitely scared of water. Though it does raise the question whether the water demon, drowning demon and suffocation demon are distinct entities.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I mean there's an Eternity devil and a Future devil as separate entities so probably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Can't wait for the acrophobia devil to show up and chump the gun devil like "heh nothing personnel, kid"