Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

I loving love chomping sausage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eggplant Ronin
Apr 26, 2007

How you like my balls now?:smug:

Ainsley McTree posted:

I think that there should be some circumstance in which the defeated player gets banished to some other edge of the map. Selfishly, I think it should happen when an aggressive player starts a fight with no provocation; if the defender manages to kill the attacker, they should have the option of making them spawn in the rear end end of grizzlies with summer clothes or something. If the main stakes of free roam PVP are “being annoying” then there should be some risk of the attacker being annoyed too

This is just a griefer delivery system and I love it.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Griefer, grief thyself

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Internet Wizard posted:

The cores system makes so much of the game just feel like tedious filler between me and cowboy shenanigans. I want my deadeye to recharge during a mission, I don’t want to go to use it and realize I haven’t had a cup of coffee in the last 30 minutes so my meter is empty.

My health bar doesn’t need its own health bar.

When the game gets out of its own way its pretty fun though.

Cook some seasoned big game meat and you'll have gold cores for a full in game day. Mint for health, thyme for stamina, and oregano for dead eye. Gators are a good source for this.

Eggplant Ronin
Apr 26, 2007

How you like my balls now?:smug:
I was expecting some sort of spooky Halloween-themed bounty but discovered it's something much, much better: A politician!

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Internet Wizard posted:

The cores system

Ah dammit, I was getting increasingly excited to get back into this on PC and then you had to remind me of the most useless aspect of the game.

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
I really hope rockstar starts the PC pre-load soon, i want to play this game so loving badly

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Looks like it's coming soon, the Launcher just got updated and there's new stuff in the source code about preloads and decryptions:
https://www.reddit.com/r/reddeadredemption/comments/dow063/rdr2_preload_coming_soon_rg_launcher_update_with/

As a side-note, I watched a couple of before-you-play type YouTube videos yesterday to get myself (additionally) hyped for next week. Shouldn't have scrolled down to the loving comments :suicide:

I managed to stay spoiler free for 12 loving months until the literal week before I can play. What a dumbass.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
when the game offers you a prompt to push dutch van der linde aside (forcefully), don't do it

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Eau de MacGowan posted:

when the game offers you a prompt to push dutch van der linde aside (forcefully), don't do it

Shove Micah though. Forcefully.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy
Has there been anything said about whether or not you can copy your console data to PC?

Gasoline
Jul 31, 2008
You can now preload on PC, it's 110GB.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Probably a pie-in-the-sky wish, but is there crossplay for RD:Online? New CoD has it so Sony has opened the door to crossplay at least, and Rockstar's already theoretically got some of the infrastructure there, what with everyone having to have a Social Club account linked and all.

Not sure if GTA5 had it?

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

lmao i love that this is going to take 12 hours on my internet

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Gasoline posted:

You can now preload on PC, it's 110GB.

Wish I'd seen this before I left for work, I could have let it run all day and been at least 20% done before I got home.

Super Foul Egg
Oct 5, 2005
Don't take me for an ordinary man

Drone posted:

Probably a pie-in-the-sky wish, but is there crossplay for RD:Online? New CoD has it so Sony has opened the door to crossplay at least, and Rockstar's already theoretically got some of the infrastructure there, what with everyone having to have a Social Club account linked and all.

Not sure if GTA5 had it?

100% not happening because before it even reaches the 'will Sony allow it??' phase there is zero chance Rockstar are going to let the PC version of their incredibly leaky edgecase-tastic netcode into the mostly walled garden of the console online.

One version is for playing, one is for having rainbow horses spawned on top of you until your game crashes, and that's how it will remain.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
Welp, by draining all my bandwidth, it's looking like two days...

Except if I'm home and grinding Division 1, it can't have *all* the megabits. :argh:

Still, sould have it all down and ready for the day 1 35 gig patch, right?

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
Dunno how many gbs it would cut, but they should have an “MP only” and “SP only” install options.

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
A few friends and I will be playing the game for the first time once it releases on PC next week. We will not be doing any single player stuff for the first month and plan on just spending all of or time on multiplayer and squeezing in the campaign in the rare time that we've got time to play but nobody is online.

How does the multiplayer work for in this? Will me and my pals be able to roam around as a gang and pvp other gangs? Is there a coop campaign or at least multiplayer quests? I've avoided a lot of spoilers for the game until I finally have a chance to play it, but I want to make sure it will be something 3 or 4 people can have fun playing together for a while

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

Jesustheastronaut! posted:

A few friends and I will be playing the game for the first time once it releases on PC next week. We will not be doing any single player stuff for the first month and plan on just spending all of or time on multiplayer and squeezing in the campaign in the rare time that we've got time to play but nobody is online.

How does the multiplayer work for in this? Will me and my pals be able to roam around as a gang and pvp other gangs? Is there a coop campaign or at least multiplayer quests? I've avoided a lot of spoilers for the game until I finally have a chance to play it, but I want to make sure it will be something 3 or 4 people can have fun playing together for a while

Yes you will be able to. You can set up a temporary posse for free or pay a 200$ fee (I think) to make it a permanent posse, which means it will persist through sessions and all that fun jazz. You can do stranger missions, bounty hunts, and trade deliveries as a posse. I am not sure if there's a way to do the story mission as a posse though. You can all roam together in the same session and PVP other gangs if they're around.

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

Transmogrifier posted:

I am not sure if there's a way to do the story mission as a posse though.

If you mean the Online Story stuff, yes. Posse leader controls which mission to start, you just go to the point with your posse or start it from the menus

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

drat no one on xbox is playing the Halloween event

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

KoRMaK posted:

drat no one on xbox is playing the Halloween event

I think folks are just tired of PvP content. It'd be cool if it was a spooky horde co-op mode with the costumes as unlockables.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Capn Beeb posted:

I think folks are just tired of PvP content. It'd be cool if it was a spooky horde co-op mode with the costumes as unlockables.

Exactly, something like the zombie mode from RDR1. I want more easy to get into co-op content, as it is right now it is all a pain to do.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Capn Beeb posted:

Yea co-op content that you could just restart over and over would be cool but tons of people are still playing showdown series so why it swap over to spook event

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

VarXX posted:

If you mean the Online Story stuff, yes. Posse leader controls which mission to start, you just go to the point with your posse or start it from the menus

That's what I meant, yeah. Good to know!

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
Yay, after much procrastination I finally got the last achievement (reach rank 50). Now I'm definitely done with this game.

While online improved alot over the last few months it just didn't capture me like the single player did.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Cool have fun with your offline rng cricket sounds

🤠

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Pre-load finished. Now we wait. And wait. And...wait.

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

So, does anyone have any idea exactly what time the PC release is going to unlock? Are we going to be able to VPN it?

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

Jesustheastronaut! posted:

I get that you want a multiplayer experience.

However, just in case you hadn't been paying attention to news and reviews, the single player of this game is outstanding, and the multiplayer is okay.

I play the multiplayer all the freaking time, and enjoy it. But jeesus does it not live up to the single player.

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010
With the speed of my internet my preload might be done by unlock time. Currently it says there is a day to go but I doubt it'll stay that way for long.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Transmogrifier posted:

Yes you will be able to. You can set up a temporary posse for free or pay a 200$ fee (I think) to make it a permanent posse,

Holy poo poo

Super Foul Egg
Oct 5, 2005

That's imaginary cowboy bucks friend this isn't Star Citizen.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

I started a permanent posse way back but have done nothing with it. My gta friends didnt make the jump. Are there benefits to it at all?

Super Foul Egg
Oct 5, 2005

Not really, it's a very unintuitive system compared to GTA where once you joined a group you were just in it until you left. It does lock some player vs player missions behind it though so you'll want one eventually.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

BiggerBoat posted:

Holy poo poo

It's an in game fee, to be clear. Not actual real life cash.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Goddamnit I have a loooong weekend and the game is pre-loaded, just gimme some sugar, Rockstar.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

BigglesSWE posted:

Goddamnit I have a loooong weekend and the game is pre-loaded, just gimme some sugar, Rockstar.

Yeah this feels so silly that I downloaded 110gb in 40 minutes last night now I just keep playing gta5 for a week. I know you've gotta keep it even so everyone has a chance to load and play at the same time, I just can't not know it's sitting there on my drive right now, mocking me. But I'll be god-damned if I'm gonna turn on my PS4 and play that old garbage version!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Launch trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-WKpapqVU8

Man I wish you'd launch it.

I don't expect them to suddenly release the game early, however, it has been done. Battlefield V was suddenly released a few days early last year on their subscription thingy, and they announced it the moment the game was released.

I wouldn't buy a Rockstar subscription but man....I cannot stress enough how much time I'd have for some cowboyin' all these days up till Tuesday.

BigglesSWE fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Oct 31, 2019