Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eggplant Ronin
Apr 26, 2007

How you like my balls now?:smug:
My biggest takeaway from Bump in the Night is that Bray Wyatt and Detective Popcorn sound pretty similar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPu7aLcZVTY

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
A status update:

https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/1189596504476061696

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I cannot get over how lovely the story mode in WWE2k20 is. So poorly written even compared to last year, the framing of flashbacks interspersed with the Hall of Fame induction is really boring, the whole "do this thing to progress" meaning that even when you're completely dominating you go into a cutscene where the male character promptly does something very boneheaded & loses. That sure makes for satisfying gameplay. And generally the male character is so bad that his stupidity isn't endearing, it just makes him contemptible. Why the gently caress are you meant to care about him at all? I get he's meant to be comedy relief but it's comedy written for a 7 year old. Or Vince McMahon I guess, on a par with Dean Ambrose's gas mask shtick.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

forkboy84 posted:

I cannot get over how lovely the story mode in WWE2k20 is. So poorly written even compared to last year, the framing of flashbacks interspersed with the Hall of Fame induction is really boring, the whole "do this thing to progress" meaning that even when you're completely dominating you go into a cutscene where the male character promptly does something very boneheaded & loses. That sure makes for satisfying gameplay. And generally the male character is so bad that his stupidity isn't endearing, it just makes him contemptible. Why the gently caress are you meant to care about him at all? I get he's meant to be comedy relief but it's comedy written for a 7 year old. Or Vince McMahon I guess, on a par with Dean Ambrose's gas mask shtick.

So what you're trying to say is that it's good poo poo?

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

In games that are actually decent news, Fire Pro just got patched in preparation for the next DLC and a few new moves got added in. Mostly basic stuff but still neat that even without shelling out there are things that are added.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Eggplant Ronin posted:

My biggest takeaway from Bump in the Night is that Bray Wyatt and Detective Popcorn sound pretty similar.

Oh no they do

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Honestly, Ryland started his Developer's Journal too early. I appreciate that he wanted to get people engaged and informed but my buzz for the game died down once he shifted into this "live" thing and announcing "the game will probably come out 6 months from now" is just "ok, I'll come back later."

I'm still buying first week and remain ever thankful for the guy's work. I'm just buzzed out.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I don’t mind the updates. I get why some do, but I like the transparency, it’s a neat concept to have regular updates from the source, and every handful of updates has had something neat that’s kept my interest/hype for the game

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I know I'm being kind of entitled complaining about it. Its just the weirdness of getting really hyped for the big new additions being announced and then months of "I'm adding more attributes."

Like I said, its cool that Ryland is so transparent and keeps people engaged. It just was kind of a big buildup to a long wait for me. But I'm being an rear end and I'm still just sad I can't buy it sooner.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

there was a theory that adam jennings of promotion wars fame was just adam ryland cutting his teeth on visualbasic before creating EWR. and that's why PW2 didn't happen and never was going to. well i think it's true

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/OnlineEyeDee_/status/1189677627247714304?s=20

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

In games that are actually decent news, Fire Pro just got patched in preparation for the next DLC and a few new moves got added in. Mostly basic stuff but still neat that even without shelling out there are things that are added.

They also finally added the Stardom belts if you got that DLC

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

People trying out the entrance craft thing.

https://twitter.com/jamesdizarnell/status/1189731854620020736

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?
This DLC is kicking my butt because now I want to fine-tune every entrance and I have around 45 or 50 personally maintained edits. I can't imagine how crazy it is for people who have hundreds.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Like I'm mad that they're putting something that should be in the base game as DLC and double mad that they're charging $20 for it, but drat if I don't see the potential in these new entrances.

shoplifter
May 23, 2001

bored before I even began

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

:perfect:

Can see a lot of excellent stuff being done

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Fell flat on his foookin' arse face!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

DLC isn't on playstation yet :(

shoplifter
May 23, 2001

bored before I even began
It was delayed a week

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I should play Fire Pro more.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

for the past three days wrestling twitter has been abuzz about the rumor of toby fox making a wrestling rpg. no solid info in favor or opposed to the idea yet; will update when that changes if no one else does first.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Who the gently caress is Barron Blade?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

okay I'm sold on the entrance DLC

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

A “Yukes story mode universe” character, basically. Showed up as one of the other NXT recruits in the first 2K game with an NXT story mode, then reappeared the following year as a backstage road agent in gorilla, then showed up last year as a fat, washed up oaf who runs the micro indie your character starts in and secretly tries to sabotage your signing to NXT.

Who’s he this year?

Eggplant Ronin
Apr 26, 2007

How you like my balls now?:smug:

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Who the gently caress is Barron Blade?

Some 2k employee's old No Mercy CAW

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Basic Chunnel posted:

A “Yukes story mode universe” character, basically. Showed up as one of the other NXT recruits in the first 2K game with an NXT story mode, then reappeared the following year as a backstage road agent in gorilla, then showed up last year as a fat, washed up oaf who runs the micro indie your character starts in and secretly tries to sabotage your signing to NXT.

Who’s he this year?

He's relaunched BCW after the shenanigans of last year and is actually one of the few amusing characters in the story because he is so intensely carnie. He references Buzz (last years PC) & claims credit for him becoming a WWE Superstar™ and says if you just sign this contract without reading it then this time BCW really will surpass WWE. It's super dumb but at least it's consistent to Barron Blade from last year which instantly makes him more interesting than anyone else in the story mode.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
WWE 2k20's story mode is like Vince saw the Spike Lee NBA game story and was like "do that".

And then he ripped up the script a month before the game went gold.

Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

can you use the new arenas in fire promoter?

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
According to the Discord it looks like it'll be a while before Carl can update the Mod Pack to work with the new stuff- his ETA is "Not Until Winter Break" which is mid-December. A pity.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Maxwell Lord posted:

According to the Discord it looks like it'll be a while before Carl can update the Mod Pack to work with the new stuff- his ETA is "Not Until Winter Break" which is mid-December. A pity.

I mean props on him for continuing to work on it even though every new addition breaks it. Considering he almost abandoned it after Fire Promoter (I think).

Angry_Ed fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Nov 2, 2019

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Maxwell Lord posted:

That was the estimate when the DLC was announced, which was rather pessimistic. Yesterday he said he'll have a test version ready today with the release version to follow. It's already available if you're okay with a public test version.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Oh, good!

In the meantime I'm already spending too much time with this. The camera options are a little obtuse but everything else I think I've got the hang of.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/nwa/status/1191855964611211264

3 new arenas, including NWA Powerrr, NWA 70, and Austin Idol's Universal Wrestling College
NWA Champion Nick Aldis joins the RetroMania Wrestling roster
Go for the 10 Pounds Of Gold in an all-new game mode

quote:

Battle your way through the RetroMania Wrestling roster to win the coveted 10 Pounds of Gold. Those who played the classic "WrestleFest" will find this arcade style mode very similar to the "Saturday Night's Main Event" battles in that game.

Can you take down Nick Aldis, the Road Warriors, and more on your quest to become the Champion?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Austin Idol, the Road Warriors and, weirdly, ZSJ.

LOL, just checked the roster and big fan of John Hennigan's in-game moniker. Committed to the gimmick.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Its totally just all the random CAWs you add AFTER you add your favorites from the big rosters.

Its brilliant.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Target Black Friday ads are out.

You should feel bad if you bought this game at full price

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Chris James 2 posted:

https://twitter.com/nwa/status/1191855964611211264

3 new arenas, including NWA Powerrr, NWA 70, and Austin Idol's Universal Wrestling College
NWA Champion Nick Aldis joins the RetroMania Wrestling roster
Go for the 10 Pounds Of Gold in an all-new game mode

I am a big boy and I’m very strong thanks to goat milk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Astro7x posted:

Target Black Friday ads are out.

You should feel bad if you bought this game at full price

30 dollars too much for 2k20