Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Die fuckin Hardman!!!!!!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grei Skuring
Sep 12, 2011

:norway::thumbsup:
Apparently not that hard. That crybaby. Such wonderfully realistic crying too. Good job on your crying characters, Kojima!

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Grei Skuring posted:

Apparently not that hard. That crybaby. Such wonderfully realistic crying too. Good job on your crying characters, Kojima!

Strong men... also cry...

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
so the baby is sassy and can sass people

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Heavy Metal posted:

Strong men... also cry...

Correct me if I’m wrong but IIRC in the finale the only reason why he was able to beat Rau was because he actually felt bad about every single person he killed, and that empathy made him able to memorize and understand everyone’s fighting styles

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

That sounds like Kenshiro to me, he's a big softie deep down. And let's no forget he fought somebody voiced by Gackt in sequel OVAs. And Gackt is a real life vampire. Some Halloween trivia.

By the way, Gackt was in an MGS2 commercial with a baby.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2IYM7QkJi8s

Heavy Metal fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Oct 31, 2019

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
IGN man broke the review embargo saying:

“Tomorrow is in my hands, and it is breathtaking, easily one of the most unique and stunning experiences I’ve had in all my years of gaming"

Then the tweet got deleted after kojipro said thanks for the nice review.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Steve Yun posted:

Correct me if I’m wrong but IIRC in the finale the only reason why he was able to beat Rau was because he actually felt bad about every single person he killed, and that empathy made him able to memorize and understand everyone’s fighting styles

Close enough

Feeling sad about his friends dying let Kenshiro unlock the final Hokuto Shinken skill but Raoh also managed it because he thought he killed Yuria and was genuinely in love with her so it ended up with Ken just being better at punching people.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

I am so unbelievably pumped for this poo poo.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I want to see that ridiculous NDA more than another trailer for this game.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Here's the NDA, don't ask me where I got it:

Do not post your review until November 1st, 2019
At midnight
Pacific Time

Do not mention this included mini game

You are absolutely expected to have completed the game before you publish your review.
If you are not sure if you have completed the game, this includes the fifth time the credits scroll.
And the second secret ending.

You must refer to this game's genre as "strand"

Pregnant women, the elderly, and children under 10 should avoid prolonged exposure to Death Stranding

Discontinue playing Death Stranding if any of the following occurs:
itching
vertigo
dizziness
tingling in extremities
loss of balance or coordination
slurred speech
temporary blindness
profuse sweating
or heart palpitations.

Abisteen
Sep 30, 2005

Oh my God what the fuck am I?

Steve Yun posted:

slurred speech

How the gently caress am I supposed to get drunk and play this game then Kojima what the gently caress.

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
I’ve managed to not watch much of the stuff beyond the Guillermo del toro trailer other than knowing you have ladders and maybe some delivery stuff. I’m getting this game either way. Should I watch the launch trailer or is it really spoilery?

Also in that early trailer it had a lot of WW1 imagery that I don’t think has popped back up since (well I haven’t seen it in the few screens here and there I’ve seen, maybe there is heaps of it!) is this aesthetic still in the game?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

teacup posted:

I’ve managed to not watch much of the stuff beyond the Guillermo del toro trailer other than knowing you have ladders and maybe some delivery stuff. I’m getting this game either way. Should I watch the launch trailer or is it really spoilery?

Also in that early trailer it had a lot of WW1 imagery that I don’t think has popped back up since (well I haven’t seen it in the few screens here and there I’ve seen, maybe there is heaps of it!) is this aesthetic still in the game?

I watched it twice and I don't know if I've been spoiled or not. I have no idea what this loving game is really about.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Some game journos have said to not watch it.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

teacup posted:

I'd recommend watching one of the gameplay stuff so you have an idea of what the actual game is, since it may not be something you're into.

And the answer to your second question is yes.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Nov 1, 2019

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Steve Yun posted:

At midnight
Pacific Time

You are absolutely expected to have completed the game before you publish your review.
If you are not sure if you have completed the game, this includes the fifth time the credits scroll.

Pregnant women, the elderly, and children under 10 should avoid prolonged exposure to Death Stranding

itching
vertigo
dizziness
tingling in extremities
slurred speech
temporary blindness
profuse sweating
or heart palpitations.

:eyepop:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
are there any videos/pictures of unboxing or something, of the steel book version of the game? for some reason, this version is 66 quid when usually these steal books are like 46, and the base game is 41 and im trying to decide if its worth the extra 20 quid or not. because if its just the game normally and then they throw in a steal book like sekiro or spider-man did instead of how yakuzas and resident evil 2 did it, then im out.

CIGNX
May 7, 2006

You can trust me

teacup posted:

edit: I guess my original response was a spoiler, so I'll also just say "yes"

CIGNX fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Nov 1, 2019

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Uh they were explicitly saying they didn't want to be spoiled

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002

teacup posted:

This close to release I'd honestly say skip the launch trailer if you're already sold on it. I'm sure it's not going to ruin anything but it's got a real MGS5 trailer vibe of "here's a bunch of the important story beats and later game things" more than the previous trailers have.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I mean I've watched the trailer a few times and I'm sure I was 'spoiled' on some things but I have no clue what they WERE

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

If Death Stranding continues for more than 100 hours, consult your doctor.

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

Kohima loves to make trailers and I consider them apart of the experience of death stranding, you might be spoiling yourself by not watching it :ocelot:

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Presenting Nipples posted:

Kohima loves to make trailers and I consider them apart of the experience of death stranding, you might be spoiling yourself by not watching it :ocelot:

Yeah the Kojima Game full experience is always great.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Death stranding is what the CT scan of your abdomen shows when the gamer diet gives you diverticulitis hth.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
It’s past midnight where the reviews at

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

lots of review videos are up on youtube now

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
Looks like it's a good game but not mindblowing maybe? https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/death-stranding/critic-reviews

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
IGN: 6.8 OKAY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujcC1_Ur9RY

Time to slit my wrists

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

The Verge review was well written. Good game, epic story with more questions left unanswered than Lost. But boring. Clunky. And I get the impression they weren’t the happiest about all the crazy unanswered plot points. There is a ton of just...walking. Very detailed walking game. The takeaway seem like you’re only going to enjoy it and even finish it if you’re really obsessed enough to get past the boredom and all it asks of you.

I was actually going to buy a PS4 if this was really good, and I’m not a cynic I love story driven epic games like this, but it is a very hard wait and see for me now.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Blind Rasputin posted:

The Verge review was well written. Good game, epic story with more questions left unanswered than Lost. But boring. Clunky. And I get the impression they weren’t the happiest about all the crazy unanswered plot points. There is a ton of just...walking. Very detailed walking game. The takeaway seem like you’re only going to enjoy it and even finish it if you’re really obsessed enough to get past the boredom and all it asks of you.

I was actually going to buy a PS4 if this was really good, and I’m not a cynic I love story driven epic games like this, but it is a very hard wait and see for me now.

I'm in the same camp. What's kinda funny is that with all that we saw of the game ahead of time, it sounds like exactly what was advertised, I just kept having this hope that there would be a little more to the game and that the gameplay itself would be engaging (which is impossible to get from just marketing videos).

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZHUY-nVXKU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

IGN saying the world and story are great but the gameplay is boring.

Eurogamer saying the gameplay is great but the sci fi nonsense drags it down.

I like boring games and sci fi nonsense so sounds like I'll enjoy it. :shrug:

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Steve Yun posted:

At midnight
Pacific Time

itching
vertigo
dizziness
tingling in extremities
slurred speech
temporary blindness
profuse sweating
or heart palpitations.

Reads almost like an intentional leak!

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"

Blind Rasputin posted:

but it is a very hard wait and see for me now.

I'll be curious if Kojima takes the post-launch feedback from players and critics and makes use of patches to alter aspects of the gameplay, like the way fast travel is implemented, or being able to toggle aspects of the multiplayer help/construction system (as both are detailed in the IGN review)... or if he sticks to his "vision", irregardless of what the responses turn out to be in the next month.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Steve2911 posted:

I might get this as a podcast game or something, I'm a spaz and I can't enjoy just sitting down and delivering packages. I wish there was a demo where you could try the core gameplay for like 1 hour.

Agent Escalus posted:

I'll be curious if Kojima takes the post-launch feedback from players and critics and makes use of patches to alter aspects of the gameplay, like the way fast travel is implemented, or being able to toggle aspects of the multiplayer help/construction system (as both are detailed in the IGN review)... or if he sticks to his "vision", irregardless of what the responses turn out to be in the next month.

I find this very unlikely and besides, the game is what it is, he will not and can not patch the gameplay loop to be different.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Steve2911 posted:

ok but what does videogamedunkey say

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
I think I’m totally down for this.

The best time I ever had in No Man’s Sky was when I got lost from my spaceship and ran in circles for six hours looking for it, constantly on the verge of running out of oxygen, overheating and being chased by drones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
In true Tim Rogers fashion here is the ONE HOUR Tim Rogers review of Death Stranding

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZHUY-nVXKU