Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

man I'm I think in the minority here when I say I'm a huge fan of the G-Self design so this may not come as a surprise but I actually do not like that at all. Adding a bunch of sharp angles to it is jarring and really messes with what I like about it. Love the head though. I will always agree with more mustache.

edit: oh what a horrid snipe but I have nothing else to contribute so here's the post again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

Queadlunn posted:

I managed to find a bunch of the Advance of Zeta kits in Taipei on a trip! Gonna start putting stuff together tomorrow.

Aw man, I love the aoz kits. Nice haul!

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Puddin posted:

It's a G-Self with a moustache, claw feet and laser beam toes, what's not yo love about it.

Puddin posted:

It's a G-Self

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

On top of Joe Glass Jaw's point that that thing ruins the G-Self's design by adding a bunch of stuff on top, the real crime is that it's a new G-Self kit that isn't a MG or RG G-Self

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Gripweed posted:

MG or RG G-Self

One day, friend. One day.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Gripweed posted:

On top of Joe Glass Jaw's point that that thing ruins the G-Self's design by adding a bunch of stuff on top, the real crime is that it's a new G-Self kit that isn't a MG or RG G-Self

More G-Reco is better than no G-Reco.

Also I kinda like it.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

I will fight you.

Should I take a 40 minute train to grab a RG Nu double funnel set?

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Rather than an MG G-Self, they should devote that MG spot to an MG Xi, and save a spot later on for an MG Penelope after the movie hits.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Puddin posted:

I will fight you.

Yes

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Rather than an MG G-Self, they should devote that MG spot to an MG Xi, and save a spot later on for an MG Penelope after the movie hits.

The HG Penelope box is loving massive as is, it's like a foot and a half long, a foot wide and half a foot high.

We'll theres a chance they have a RG Perfect Strike as well, so I guess it's worth the trip!

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

Unicorns are metal. Gundanium alloy to be exact...

Puddin posted:

I will fight you.

It'll make your funnels more special than the funnels of the people who just had them delivered like plebs.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

I'm still disappointed that they wasted a giant HG slot on that ugly Penelope instead of something cool like the Armorzagan of the Yggdrasill

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Puddin posted:

The HG Penelope box is loving massive as is, it's like a foot and a half long, a foot wide and half a foot high.

The biggest boxes for only the best.

The MG should be the size of the PG Unicorn one.

Vahtooch
Sep 18, 2009

What is this [S T A N D] going to do? Once its crossed through the barrier, what's it going to do? When it comes in here, and reads my [P O S T S], what's it going to do to me?
Hey thread, so I've borrowed an airbrush off a friend, nothing too fancy, and want to have a crack at painting. With the goal being to finally shiny up the inner frame of my mg strike freedom.

What would you recommend practising on kit wise apart from spoons. Something that's still a fun kit and not just a generic mook.

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

Unicorns are metal. Gundanium alloy to be exact...

Vahtooch posted:

Hey thread, so I've borrowed an airbrush off a friend, nothing too fancy, and want to have a crack at painting. With the goal being to finally shiny up the inner frame of my mg strike freedom.

What would you recommend practising on kit wise apart from spoons. Something that's still a fun kit and not just a generic mook.

I've always suggested simple SDs. They give you a good mix of larger surfaces and some tighter spots if you want the practice. They're also pretty good for getting a handle on masking. The bigger pieces are easier to notice runs on as well.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
Yeah an SD is good, also IBO kits are good as well due to their more open nature of frames.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
So, who wants a 1/60 scale Infinity Mazinger Z? https://www.gunjap.net/?p=354440

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
*heavy breathing*

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
Ffffffffuuuuuuucccckkkkkkk.

https://bandai-hobby.net/item/3553/

quote:

In addition to AT field reproduction parts made of PET material, hand parts for AT field breakthrough scene reproduction are also included.

I hope this means we're getting the angels as well.

So I made my trip, but the Nu funnels weren't there. Did get the build strike RG and one of the baseball team themed rx-78's.

If anyone gets to Tokyo, go check out Mandarakes in Nakano, it has heaps of P-Bandai stuff on the shelves.

I wish I went there first up.

Puddin fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Nov 1, 2019

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Ignimbrite posted:

*heavy breathing*

I beg your loving pardon?!

I already have the Kotobukiya kit, I don't need this. And I'm going to repeat that to myself until I believe it :shepspends:

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

.... I want that. :stare:

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Ignimbrite posted:

*heavy breathing*

Awww yiss. Especially with the stand, I'm a sucker for a fancy in-universe stand.

The page for the regular kit has some sweet x-ray and exploded views.
https://bandai-hobby.net/item/3552/

I mustn't run away from the pre-order page :v:

RillAkBea fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Nov 1, 2019

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
Somone in one of the reddit threads made a funny saying instead of a pre built inner frame for this, we'll just get a few slabs of wet meat to attach the parts to.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Puddin posted:

Somone in one of the reddit threads made a funny saying instead of a pre built inner frame for this, we'll just get a few slabs of wet meat to attach the parts to.

They missed the better joke - instead of the standard inner frame it's a human skeleton.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Personally I can't wait for the PBandai RG 12th Angel.

Contains:
Ping pong ball x 1
Marking decals x 1

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Cautiously optimistic this kit won't have the awful rubber or neoprene sleeves.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

RillAkBea posted:

Personally I can't wait for the PBandai RG 12th Angel.

Contains:
Ping pong ball x 1
Marking decals x 1

It's just a Haro.

How are they going to accurately model Shinji's tears?

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Ignimbrite posted:

*heavy breathing*

come to daddy

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

grassy gnoll posted:

It's a Real Grade. They've got a very specific aesthetic of sliding plates on the inner frame.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Puddin posted:

Ffffffffuuuuuuucccckkkkkkk.

https://bandai-hobby.net/item/3553/

I hope this means we're getting the angels as well.

I wouldn't get too excited, all the Revoltech Eva 01's have come with the same thing and the closest we've got to an Angel, other than Unit 03, is a jacked up torso for 01 to be posed beating the poo poo out of. It does come with light up eyes though! Kaworu's Eva has a deal too, but you plug in the Moon to the back of its head to recreate the pose and its rad as hell.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

grassy gnoll posted:

The exploded views of the elbow already show that it's not sleeves at least.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It's a Real Grade. They've got a very specific aesthetic of sliding plates on the inner frame.

The interesting thing is they don't have pre-assembled joints in the more recent RGs. The Nu only has the funnel hinges pre made.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Is this where I complain that Super-Minipla Jaguar Vulcan is P-Bandai exclusive?

http://bandaicandy.hateblo.jp/entry/20191031_smpsun

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Ignimbrite posted:

*heavy breathing*

:yeshaha:

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Ignimbrite posted:

*heavy breathing*

*heavy breathing intensifies*

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

*heavy breathing intensifies*

*Looks at hand*

I'm the lowest of the low..

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

Anyone know how to fix this?

RG Strike Freedom Leg incidentally.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Luminaflare posted:

Anyone know how to fix this?

RG Strike Freedom Leg incidentally.

Gold plastic is brittle way more often than other colors, it seems. Not much to do other than glue it solid unless you want to recast the part. Probably easier to just buy a second kit and keep all the other parts for bashing.

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

Look at this absolute unit Bluefin put up for preorder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queadlunn
Dec 10, 2005

Yak Deculture!
Fallen Rib

Apprentice Dick posted:

Look at this absolute unit Bluefin put up for preorder.

Sweet GODDAMNED Christ that thing is beautiful.