Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

Bold Robot posted:

What's the best way to level to 50 after beating the story? I finished up at level 41. Would rather not do TVHM unless it's way more efficient than the rest of the endgame content - the story was a one-two punch of pretty bad and hard to ignore.

Circle of Slaughter or just knocking out any side quests you didn't do. Everything will scale to your level now so you'll get there pretty quick either way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Bold Robot posted:

What's the best way to level to 50 after beating the story? I finished up at level 41. Would rather not do TVHM unless it's way more efficient than the rest of the endgame content - the story was a one-two punch of pretty bad and hard to ignore.

I got from 42-50 doing side quests at Mayhem 1 in normal mode and had fun. Everything scales to your level after finishing the campaign.

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

BizarroAzrael posted:

Still plenty seems odd though, like the absence of the other BL2 hunters and Athena, and how Aurelia left the raiders custody, and the Watcher not being present or mentioned. Can all be resolved but weird it didn't come up. Also TPS indicated Axton and Gaige left Pandora to find other vaults, but Commander Lilith (confusingly set after TPS epilogue) indicated they didn't really do anything)

And as good as Dragon Keep was, Maya indicated they were going to take down Helios, and they just didn't.

Isnt the wreckage of helios in the background of the 1st bl3 map?

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
Wrecking Helios is a major part of the plot in Tales from the Borderlands. None of the vault hunters or crimson raiders were involved.

highmodulus
Feb 16, 2011

Let's go crazy Broadway style!

Kaysette posted:

I got from 42-50 doing side quests at Mayhem 1 in normal mode and had fun. Everything scales to your level after finishing the campaign.

I did this exact approach as well- with a few circles of slaughter as well.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Is farming Kill-a-Volt with the Transformer shield on Mayhem 3 a good way to get legendary weapons? Seems like he can't hurt you at all.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Niwrad posted:

Is farming Kill-a-Volt with the Transformer shield on Mayhem 3 a good way to get legendary weapons? Seems like he can't hurt you at all.

Probably faster to farm Traunt since he doesn’t have any immune phases

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Go offline and farm skags at first way point on mayhem 3. 900% exp

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

euphronius posted:

Go offline and farm skags at first way point on mayhem 3. 900% exp

Or gravewarden.

No_talent
Jul 30, 2009

Did I play the game wrong or something? I plowed through the story with Zane and finished it at level 32 with a random rear end build. I'm almost 35% of the way through the story again with Moze at level 8. From what I've seen here ~40 seems to be a lot more normal.

Except one guy I know who has a level 44 flak and is stuck on Eden-6 because he's the worst at games. He straight up refuses to anything but red text guns, even if they are wildly underleveled and have 0 synergy.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

So, is there seriously no way to queue up for a specific Circle of Slaughter? I'm really sick of the Cistern.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

10 Beers posted:

So, is there seriously no way to queue up for a specific Circle of Slaughter? I'm really sick of the Cistern.

Cistern is the only one I get when queuing up too, it's bizarre

Also takes forever to get a group (prob cuz I usually try at like 2 or 3am Eastern time) and when it finally does put me in one, it's with one other person lagging so bad they're under the floor or something

Sioux
May 30, 2006

some ghoulish parody of humanity
I played the last week with the Halloween event disabled. Apparently it can happen when you don't get a specific update when you are in the menu's. First I figured there were no ghosts in the area's I quested, until I googled it. Kinda bummed out though because now I still have to farm those ghosts and get into the new level. Hope it doesn't take ages.

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Thought's and prayer's

Dutymode
Dec 31, 2008

Skypie posted:

Cistern is the only one I get when queuing up too, it's bizarre

Also takes forever to get a group (prob cuz I usually try at like 2 or 3am Eastern time) and when it finally does put me in one, it's with one other person lagging so bad they're under the floor or something

Have you unlocked the other maps solo?

Also I don't really see a benefit to grouping at all really unless you're praying to get carried.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Dutymode posted:

Have you unlocked the other maps solo?

Also I don't really see a benefit to grouping at all really unless you're praying to get carried.

At the time, I hadn't. But I got into a Slaughter Star the first time, and Cistern literally every time after that.

I did a group cuz I was struggling solo at the time so was hoping getting in with others would help. I don't really need to now cuz I can handle Mayhem 3 stuff as long as I don't play like an idiot

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Sioux posted:

I played the last week with the Halloween event disabled. Apparently it can happen when you don't get a specific update when you are in the menu's. First I figured there were no ghosts in the area's I quested, until I googled it. Kinda bummed out though because now I still have to farm those ghosts and get into the new level. Hope it doesn't take ages.

It won't. If you just go do whatever random sidequest you'll run into enough ghosts to get to 25 quick.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

I don't know how common this is, but I've only seen it this one time on Promethea: I got a brief graphic "glitch" while looking around -- part of the arcing electricity on a pool of water was replaced with a blue "ZAP," and now I kinda wish they were always pools popping with ZAP.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Amara with the Transformer shield, Brainstormer shotgun, and phasegrasp is an absolute machine.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Could anyone share a PC save with the TVHM unlocked? I'd like to play through the campaign for the first time starting with a fresh level 30 character instead of having a piddly handful of skill points for most of it. (You can create level 30 characters for TVHM like you could in BL2, right?)

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
Nope, soz brah

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

Megazver posted:

Could anyone share a PC save with the TVHM unlocked? I'd like to play through the campaign for the first time starting with a fresh level 30 character instead of having a piddly handful of skill points for most of it. (You can create level 30 characters for TVHM like you could in BL2, right?)

I think the save editor isnt quite out yet. Iirc the guy making it was aiming for this weekend to release it.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Resting Lich Face posted:

I think the save editor isnt quite out yet. Iirc the guy making it was aiming for this weekend to release it.

Oh really? That's actually good timing. I guess I'll wait.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Is there a trick to getting the haunted named targets to spawn? I've tried to kill them for the Bloody Harvest challenges but they never show up.

Also, is there anything about the challenge to loot a Bloody Harvest legendary being bugged?

10 Beers fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Oct 31, 2019

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Is there any actual purpose to money in the game? i feel like I should be picking up as much random junk from the ground as I can get and then when I'm full I keep opening up my invnetory and chucking out a cheap item to pick up a more expensive one.

But if money is just mostly useless I can stop doing that dumb min-maxy poo poo and just play.

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?

Agent355 posted:

Is there any actual purpose to money in the game? i feel like I should be picking up as much random junk from the ground as I can get and then when I'm full I keep opening up my invnetory and chucking out a cheap item to pick up a more expensive one.

But if money is just mostly useless I can stop doing that dumb min-maxy poo poo and just play.

Pretty much the only purpose is buying SDUs and the occasional item from a vending machine. I spent a lot of my early cash on upgrading the backpack size just so I wouldn't be constantly running out of space. I also pretty much ignore any loot that's not green or above anyway.

Also It's dumb that you can't sort your inventory by value.

sfmarine7
Aug 26, 2004
hey, how's it going
I believe money is useless beyond buying SDUs. Respec costs scale as a % of your current amount.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

10 Beers posted:

Is there a trick to getting the haunted named targets to spawn? I've tried to kill them for the Bloody Harvest challenges but they never show up.

Nope, they’re rare spawns so you just gotta keep resetting. It took me 5-10 tries for most of them.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

sfmarine7 posted:

I believe money is useless beyond buying SDUs. Respec costs scale as a % of your current amount.

Cool, given that SDUs cost exponentially more each time it effectively means that you have to just be a certain level to reasonnably afford a given SDU so minor backpack efficiencies are pointless.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

Armacham posted:

Pretty much the only purpose is buying SDUs and the occasional item from a vending machine. I spent a lot of my early cash on upgrading the backpack size just so I wouldn't be constantly running out of space. I also pretty much ignore any loot that's not green or above anyway.

Also It's dumb that you can't sort your inventory by value.

Even worse is that sorting is bugged right now. It wasn't until like TVHM Mayhem 2 that I was starting to see green weapons with better stats since the first 10-20 levels or so. They've made it such that finding green or white weapons is just white noise at this point. Maybe they should compensate them in some way like up their damage a bit more than blues on up but of course have little to no modifiers.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

sfmarine7 posted:

I had like 70 million on Amara, gave a bunch to my next character to unlock storage space right away, then lost the remainder loving around in Slaughter Shaft

Been running that again for getting hecktoplasm and helping my wife's Moze farm up some gear so I'm back to 75 mil

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Small Halloween hotfix. Mostly bug fixes but Tediore E-tech shotguns(Shotguns with the alien barrel) got buffed.

quote:

This week's Borderlands 3 hotfixes, which will be live on all platforms by or before 3:00 PM PDT today, address various issues reported by the community. We appreciate all the help. Please keep sending in your bugs to support.2k.com!

BUG FIXES
Addressed reported collision issues in various maps
Raised the Eridian chest out of the dirt near The Terradome
Made a modification to prevent certain players from escaping out of the Slaughter Shaft
Addressed a potential progression blocker for "Footsteps of Giants" mission when fast traveling to a vehicle
Removed an incorrect text description for the Legendary Sniper Rifle Stalker
No change has been made to the gameplay of the gun, only the text has been removed.

Addressed a potential progression blocker during the "On the BloodPath" mission
Addressed a reported concern that Emperor Spiderants were causing the screen to shake infinitely
Addressed a reported concern where Rachael the Anointed's beam attack was not properly visible on all settings
Addressed a reported concern that Troy was not spawning with his pistol
Fixed a typo on mission text for "Blood Harvest: The Rebloodening"
WEAPON FIXES
Tediore E-Tech Shotguns were set to the wrong value and were corrected, resulting in a damage increase for all Tediore E-Tech Shotguns.

Tediore E-Tech Shotgun Damage increased by 50%
BLOODY HARVEST – HAPPY HALLOWEEN!
As you play Borderlands 3 today, you'll notice it's even spookier! Haunted enemies are everywhere!

For TODAY, October 31 ONLY – You will see a drastic increase in the number of Haunted enemies!
It's a great day to work on those Bloody Harvest challenges, Vault Hunters! After today, the rates will go back to their normal values. In the coming weeks, you will start seeing more standard Anointments on your gear as the spooky season begins to fade from Borderlands 3.

ANNIVERSARY EVENT
We hope you all enjoyed the Mayhem on Twitch Anniversary event! After listening to community feedback during the event, we are making two changes to Mayhem Mode:

The chance of receiving a weapon penalty as a Mayhem modifier will continue to be reduced at the same rate as the Mayhem on Twitch Week.
The drop rate for Anointed gear has been increased.
MARKING GEAR AS TRASH/FAVORITE ON PS4
After downloading last week's patch, some players on PS4 reported that they were unable to mark their guns as trash or favorite while in the inventory menu. We are working on fix for this and intend to implement it in the next patch.

TURNING OFF GUARDIAN RANK
We have heard that some of you would like the option to turn off Guardian Rank. We're currently looking into how that can be achieved and intend to be able to provide more information in the future!

As always, if you experience any issues, please submit a ticket to support.2k.com. We're listening to your concerns and look forward to seeing everyone's feedback from this week. If you missed last week's roadmap, it covers topics like a larger bank, performance and stability, character buffs, target dummies, and more. Read that roadmap here: October 24 Patch, Hotfix, and Roadmap notes.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Was someone asking a bit ago if legendaries can drop anointed?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Anointed legendaries are quite common, especially with the event going.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

So which Vault Hunter goes with Elemental Weapons the most? I assume the siren?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Yep

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

quote:

For TODAY, October 31 ONLY – You will see a drastic increase in the number of Haunted enemies!
It's a great day to work on those Bloody Harvest challenges, Vault Hunters! After today, the rates will go back to their normal values. In the coming weeks, you will start seeing more standard Anointments on your gear as the spooky season begins to fade from Borderlands 3.

Nooooo I worked 12 hours today and won't be able to take advantage of this :negative:

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!
I live in Europe so I don't know what "today" means for Gearbox. Is it still "today"?

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Every day is yesterday, today and tomorrow when you snort that yay like Randy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Agent355 posted:

Cool, given that SDUs cost exponentially more each time it effectively means that you have to just be a certain level to reasonnably afford a given SDU so minor backpack efficiencies are pointless.

I have a level 50 FL4k and started over with Amara. I used the bank to give my Amara a bunch of lvl 50 weapons so she could sell them. I was able to upgrade a ton of stuff at lvl1 (or whatever you are when you get to Sanctuary) :sun: