Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Don't care, Tits & Trollocs

On the other hand if this goes full Legend of the Seeker I'd be ok with that too.

Make Bruce Spence a flashback male channeler who goes mad, that would rule

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

ChubbyChecker posted:

Ngggggggh, Myrdraal, I'm trying to sneak around, but I'm dummy thicc and the clap of my rear end cheeks keep alerting the Ta'veren.

TURTLE SLUT
Dec 12, 2005

If I can't get serious and epic WoT then I'll settle for full ham, tits and bad CGI channeling WoT. Get me Ishamael chewing the gently caress out of every scene he's in and unnecessary Aiels bouncing their dick and boobs in the background while exposition is going on. As long as it isn't just forgettable halfway in between ham and serious.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Wanna see that doom wad throne room from the Ba'alzamon dream scenes in book 1

All skulls and monster faces and NIN logos

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

On the other hand if this goes full Legend of the Seeker I'd be ok with that too.

Make Bruce Spence a flashback male channeler who goes mad, that would rule

gently caress, he'd actually be a great Lews Therin.

Bruce Spence appearing as a character only Rand can see and having long conversations no one else can hear.

Old Kentucky Shark fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Oct 31, 2019

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

gently caress, he'd actually be a great Lews Therin.

Bruce Spence appearing as a character only Rand can see and having long conversations no one else can hear.

This is an incredible idea

JOHN SKELETON posted:

If I can't get serious and epic WoT then I'll settle for full ham, tits and bad CGI channeling WoT. Get me Ishamael chewing the gently caress out of every scene he's in and unnecessary Aiels bouncing their dick and boobs in the background while exposition is going on. As long as it isn't just forgettable halfway in between ham and serious.

It's a pity Tim Curry is in a wheelchair because he would make an incredible Ishamael

Who else can chew scenery to that extent?

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Johnny Depp is Ishamael in Robert Jordan's The Wheel of Time!

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.
There are probably more quality TV shows on now than there ever has been. Golden Age!

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Data Graham posted:

Wanna see that doom wad throne room from the Ba'alzamon dream scenes in book 1

All skulls and monster faces and NIN logos

It's sometimes amazing how nineties the Wheel of Time is

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Billy Zane for Ishamael or just cancel the whole thing.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

James Gandolfini as Ishamael

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Gilbert Gottfried as Loil. Full prosthetics.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Billy Zane for Ishamael or just cancel the whole thing.

Really it's this.

Second option is Mark Strong, but I'd really like to see Mark Strong for a more long-running role. I'd say Demandred, but unless they incorporate and expand on elements from the River of Souls short he's not around for even as long as Ishamael.

Something super scenery-chewing, anyway. One of the Seanchan? A Great General?

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Nov 1, 2019

Spek
Jun 15, 2012

Bagel!
I'm not familiar with the actor your talking about but if you want someone who hangs around forever and could chew the hell out of the scenery look no further than Padan Fain.

TURTLE SLUT
Dec 12, 2005

Let's not forget to ask ourselves the question every casting agent for anything should ask:

What role should be played by Danny Devito?

Aginor? Loial? Rand al'Thor?

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
and
Danny Devito
as "Herid Fel"

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

Spek posted:

I'm not familiar with the actor your talking about but if you want someone who hangs around forever and could chew the hell out of the scenery look no further than Padan Fain.

Look on YouTube for all the scenes with Lord Blackwood in the 2009 Sherlock Holmes movie for some Grade A Prime Scenery Chewing. Like yeah, use precisely that energy for Ishamael.

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

and
Danny Devito
as "Herid Fel"

The nope.gif one would be a pretty good Herid Fel.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Nov 1, 2019

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Spek posted:

Mark Strong as Fain would work, but I think Fain is a bit creepier than the type of villain he usually plays. Fain needs someone who can do sniveling and distrustful early on but then insidious, malevolent, and oozing...wrongness for the rest of the series. Leland Orser would probably kill it.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice
Just use Brad Dourif.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Willem Defoe needs to be a scene chewer

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE posted:

Just use Brad Dourif.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

Democratic Pirate posted:

A good Ishamael candidate imo

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

I mean, Fain's basically the more-evil Gollum, so just get Andy Serkis.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Double points if we can get Robert Pattinson another role hanging out with him.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Hell yeah

Wait when did Robert Patrick and Dafoe share a scene?

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Wrong Robert P.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

OB_Juan posted:

Double points if we can get Robert Pattinson another role hanging out with him.

He’s got the mustache, we just need to dye Pattinson’s hair white and throw some wrinkles on him...

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Pander posted:

I mean, Fain's basically the more-evil Gollum, so just get Andy Serkis.

Get Dourif to play the Original Mordeth that appears as an apparition in Shayol Ghul; and get Serkis to play Padan Fain. Then once they merge; Have Mordeth appear as a hallucination that talks to Fain when doing Fain POV scenes.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Inspector 34 posted:

Wrong Robert P.

:thejoke:

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

No big name actor will show in this.

Goreld
May 8, 2002

"Identity Crisis" MurdererWild Guess Bizarro #1Bizarro"Me am first one I suspect!"

JOHN SKELETON posted:

Let's not forget to ask ourselves the question every casting agent for anything should ask:

What role should be played by Danny Devito?

Aginor? Loial? Rand al'Thor?

Egwene.
Either with lots of comments about braid tugging or just playing it completely straight, either way would work.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

ChubbyChecker posted:

Well, I'm sure nobody who's ever been in the running for an Oscar will deign to be in some lovely production like this one.

But I'm guessing you can get most of these guys named abovethread with the lure of a check and a catering table.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE posted:

Well, I'm sure nobody who's ever been in the running for an Oscar will deign to be in some lovely production like this one.

But I'm guessing you can get most of these guys named abovethread with the lure of a check and a catering table.

am I missing :thejoke: here or...?

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

ChubbyChecker posted:

Willem Dafoe will do like, anything.

It's not going to be an ensemble cast but if it does well I wouldn't be surprised to see some bigger names get pulled in as the story opens up in season 2-3.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
This gives me strong Game of Throne vibes in that Rosamund Pike is basically their Sean Bean. The kids are all unknowns and there will probably be a few familiar faces scattered throughout the first season. Were there really any other big names in the first season of GoT? I feel like most of the main cast outside of the kids had one or two things they were well known for, mostly in British television and movies, but weren't exactly household names. Who was the biggest name outside of Bean? Lena Headey? Peter Dinklage? It's hard to remember how well known they were or weren't before Game of Thrones blew up. When people thought of 300, did Lena Headey really leap to mind?

I think the big difference between it and Game of Thrones is that HBO had a whole stable of actors from a dozen series at that point that they could call on so even small roles got someone who had chops. I think half the casts of Rome and The Wire ended up in GoT by the end. Amazon unfortunately doesn't have that resource to draw on at the moment. Give it a few years maybe?

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Atlas Hugged posted:

When people thought of 300, did Lena Headey really leap to mind?

I think you have this backwards; when I hear Lena Headey 300 pops into my mind. But yea I don't know quite how big she was pre-GoT. I had no idea who Dinklage was beforehand though.

and Bean didn't stick around long, whereas Moraine is supposed to be more of the focus of WoT-TV. Who knows, though.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Sab669 posted:

I think you have this backwards; when I hear Lena Headey 300 pops into my mind. But yea I don't know quite how big she was pre-GoT. I had no idea who Dinklage was beforehand though.

and Bean didn't stick around long, whereas Moraine is supposed to be more of the focus of WoT-TV. Who knows, though.

The Sara Conner Chronicles RIP you were too good for us

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

Yes

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

Atlas Hugged posted:

This gives me strong Game of Throne vibes in that Rosamund Pike is basically their Sean Bean. The kids are all unknowns and there will probably be a few familiar faces scattered throughout the first season. Were there really any other big names in the first season of GoT? I feel like most of the main cast outside of the kids had one or two things they were well known for, mostly in British television and movies, but weren't exactly household names. Who was the biggest name outside of Bean? Lena Headey? Peter Dinklage? It's hard to remember how well known they were or weren't before Game of Thrones blew up. When people thought of 300, did Lena Headey really leap to mind?

I think the big difference between it and Game of Thrones is that HBO had a whole stable of actors from a dozen series at that point that they could call on so even small roles got someone who had chops. I think half the casts of Rome and The Wire ended up in GoT by the end. Amazon unfortunately doesn't have that resource to draw on at the moment. Give it a few years maybe?

You realize that HBO doesn't actually have a stable in Santa Fe where they put actors who aren't currently filming for them, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

I have recollection of her, but looks like that I have seen the Bond movie that she was in. Looking at her filmography, she seems to have been in quite a few dingleberries, but fortunately Moiraine's role doesn't require an exceptional actor. She just needs to show no emotion while saying platitudes like "The Wheel weaves as the Wheel wills" etc.