Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Darthemed posted:

Hell, Kvlt! told me back in 2013 that he'd link me to his horror reviews. Never did give me that link.

You can't expect a then six year old to be able to set up hosting/etc. for a blog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
And after I introduced him to the Guinea Pig series...

:negative:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

weekly font posted:

364 days til Halloween.
SIL-VER SHAMROCK

Basebf555 posted:

I hate November 1st.
I didn't cancel my Shudder trial because I'd only used it for 2 movies so I've gotta watch a handful of Shudder movies in November.

Bert of the Forest
Apr 27, 2013

Shucks folks, I'm speechless. Hawf Hawf Hawf!
Little recap of our Halloween night! We don't get trick or treaters normally given we're in a city apartment, so we decided to spend the night with a friend doing a triple feature with accompanying movie-themed cocktails/LED lighting setups to go with each film. Really happy with how the night turned out since I have never really made drinks more advanced than straight cola + vodka on ice, though these are ultimately just kind of prettier versions of that.

First film of the night was Return of the Living Dead (which I discovered in this thread) which was accompanied by open-faced avocado "zombie burgers" and "Acid Rain", a key lime soda + cream sakke cocktail topped with salted lime. This was a blander looking drink, feel like I should have gone all out and gotten dry ice and maybe some food coloring for this one for the full "chemical" effect, but it was tasty enough.

Second film of the night was Child's Play 2019 with a "Buddi Berry" cocktail made from blueberry soda + white wine, topped with blood orange and gummy bears (because toy theme?). This one turned out the best in my opinion, both for taste and appearances, and the fact that I got to try the cool "liquid separation trick."

And the last film of the night was Trick R Treat to end us on some pure halloween vibes. Served with "Sam's Drink", an orange creme soda + chocolate liquor mix topped with candy corn and a chocolate peanut butter cup, naturally. I went a little heavy on the liquor here which looks neat but made the whole thing taste like chocolate, but by this point in the night I realized my mistake going with so many sugary drinks in a row so I may have just been sick of sugar by that point. Fitting feeling for halloween I suppose! Still - looked cool.

Overall really fun night and now I kinda want to make this a yearly tradition so long as I start finding more ways to make drinks look nice that aren't just "put colored soda in it" :ghost:

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

Did anyone else feel that Mandy kind of lost steam after she got set on fire. Instead of following her journey into some intense psychological horror, we instead just got this extended power fantasy with Cage running around with plot armour. That said Ned Dennehy has such dreamy eyes :allears:

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Debbie Does Dagon posted:

Did anyone else feel that Mandy kind of lost steam after she got set on fire. Instead of following her journey into some intense psychological horror, we instead just got this extended power fantasy with Cage running around with plot armour. That said Ned Dennehy has such dreamy eyes :allears:

I feel like this is kind of the only real problem with Mandy. The Venn diagram of people who are gonna be into the first half, and people who are gonna be into the second, is not one with much overlap.

e: also, it's copying Deadbeat at Dawn's homework to an absolutely hilarious extent.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Yup, it turns into a completely different movie. That first half is like some hypnotic dream, I love it.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

I feel like this is kind of the only real problem with Mandy. The Venn diagram of people who are gonna be into the first half, and people who are gonna be into the second, is not one with much overlap.

e: also, it's copying Deadbeat at Dawn's homework to an absolutely hilarious extent.

But if it does overlap for you (like it does with me) it's one of the best movies of all time.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

But if it does overlap for you (like it does with me) it's one of the best movies of all time.

Yep. As soon as the King Crimson kicked in in the intro I was like, this is made for me.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

yes a little bit. That laughter scene almost lulled me to sleep in a very intense way, was definitely the high point of the movie.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
What’s a good horror movie for when you’re getting a cold :smith:

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

I'm wondering if anyone here can help me out with some recommendations for movies where the clergy basically has its rear end kicked by some Satanic or otherwise paranormal force. I'm thinking about the scene in Amityville Horror where the entity basically walks into a church and beats up a priest, or even The Fog where it turns out that the local church is hiding something and is actively targeted by the ghosts.

It's a weird one, I know, but indulge me. Thanks in advance for any recommendations!

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

david_a posted:

Giallos got me through opiate withdrawls a while ago. Something about their hyper-stylized vibe makes them kinda dreamy and fun when youre sick. A Lizard In Woman's Skin was my fav.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

david_a posted:

The Thing.

Kamaitachi
Feb 20, 2004
Grimey Drawer

Sarchasm posted:

I'm wondering if anyone here can help me out with some recommendations for movies where the clergy basically has its rear end kicked by some Satanic or otherwise paranormal force. I'm thinking about the scene in Amityville Horror where the entity basically walks into a church and beats up a priest, or even The Fog where it turns out that the local church is hiding something and is actively targeted by the ghosts.

It's a weird one, I know, but indulge me. Thanks in advance for any recommendations!

Superstition (1982) A priest attempting to bless a possessed house has the blade from a table saw chew through his chest.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Absolutely. The second half was still a cool movie, but just a way different cool movie than I wanted after the first half.

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

Sarchasm posted:

There's some nice priest abuse in Exorcist, Exorcist III, and I think I remember a priest being killed in Prince of Darkness?

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

Ok so I was only like 700 post behind but I was looking to rent something on Prime and:

They remade The Taking or Deborah Logan and there is a sequel to The Gallows? I must be behind on news.

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...

Sarchasm posted:

:catholic: "Demons aren't real! They're parables, metahors.
:what: "Then what the gently caress is that?"

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Sarchasm posted:

Casper.

T3hRen3gade
Jun 7, 2007

Look in my eye,
what do you see?

Sarchasm posted:

Not clergy in the Catholic sense, but last month's movie of the month "Viy" is all about a religious philosopher getting his rear end kicked by demonic forces. It also happens to rule.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

About to watch Train to Busan for the first time because Halloween is *Daft Punk voice* NEVER OVER

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Sarchasm posted:

As far as 80s exorcist rip offs go, I was always a fan of the Unholy.

HeavingGirth
Oct 6, 2014

Untrustable posted:

Ok so I was only like 700 post behind but I was looking to rent something on Prime and:

They remade The Taking or Deborah Logan and there is a sequel to The Gallows? I must be behind on news.

I looked into this and I don't think that's what happened. The art got changed/added to shudder and it just got a revamped trailer, but everything I saw it was just the same movie? I could be completely lost here because I can't find any information about it.

Edit: I loved that movie/found it especially harrowing having seen a loved one go through Alzheimer's, pretty awful stuff.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

drat i really quite liked noroi but occult was pretty dang bad.
i think they coulda made a decent sorta supernatural horror version of Four Lions but they'd have needed a budget over £50 and a script

the guy did make 4 films that same year so i guess he just gave a couple people some cameras and told them to improv a movie

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Rageaholic posted:

About to watch Train to Busan for the first time because Halloween is *Daft Punk voice* NEVER OVER

It's great.

Speaking of Asian horror, why in the hell is Raimi remaking The Grudge so soon?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

It says subject to final licensor approval. I know that it's probably some marketing person at Lionsgate or whatever, but I like to imagine it's Tobe Hooper. Right now Tobe Hooper is at home, looking at this image, deciding whether to give it a thumbs up or a thumbs down.

https://twitter.com/Kotobukiya_EN/status/1190433592314216449?s=20

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Gross

Kinky Cookie Bunny
Apr 1, 2011

I'm trying to remember a zombie horror movie that I would have watched in the late 90s or early 2000s, but I can't remember what it is. I only remember a few scenes of it but I remember that it scared me a lot and I wanted to go back and watch it again.

I remember at one point a guy went into a basement and then when they opened the basement door later, he was at the door as a zombie and they killed him.

There was someone who was acting weird or creepy or something and the lady just shot him and said to put him on the pile of zombie corpses.

At the end of the movie, they make a pile of zombie corpses and set them all on fire in daylight to make sure they are dead.

Anyone know what film this is?

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Kinky Cookie Bunny posted:

I'm trying to remember a zombie horror movie that I would have watched in the late 90s or early 2000s, but I can't remember what it is. I only remember a few scenes of it but I remember that it scared me a lot and I wanted to go back and watch it again.

I remember at one point a guy went into a basement and then when they opened the basement door later, he was at the door as a zombie and they killed him.

There was someone who was acting weird or creepy or something and the lady just shot him and said to put him on the pile of zombie corpses.

At the end of the movie, they make a pile of zombie corpses and set them all on fire in daylight to make sure they are dead.

Anyone know what film this is?

Night of the Living Dead remake from 1990

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Last horror con I went to had Tom Savini and Tony Todd in the same room and I got my Night 90 DVD signed by both, it was awesome

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Franchescanado posted:

This is the best I could manage.

Dude. gently caress yeah!

What a nice surprise thank you so much.

I can finally replace this badge of shame.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Gripweed posted:

It says subject to final licensor approval. I know that it's probably some marketing person at Lionsgate or whatever, but I like to imagine it's Tobe Hooper. Right now Tobe Hooper is at home, looking at this image, deciding whether to give it a thumbs up or a thumbs down.

https://twitter.com/Kotobukiya_EN/status/1190433592314216449?s=20

Needs more make-up. And Mr. Hooper's dead.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

idek what that is but i support anime tiddies leatherface

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Why isn’t she wearing a dead skin mask

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Kvlt! posted:

idek what that is but i support anime tiddies leatherface

Kotobukiya has a line of statues of horror movie icons reimagined as women

Kinky Cookie Bunny
Apr 1, 2011

Origami Dali posted:

Night of the Living Dead remake from 1990

That was it, thank you! So much! It scared me so much as a kid and I'm happy to see it again and it just kinda looks doofy.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

ruddiger posted:

the Unholy

Kamaitachi posted:

Superstition (1982)

Prince of Darkness

Will check these out. I've already seen Viy but I appreciate the recommendation.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Gripweed posted:

Kotobukiya has a line of statues of horror movie icons reimagined as women

They should just use their anime titty Pinhead design for the eventual Hellraiser remake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I hate anime tiddy horror characters so much