Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Finally Marceline and Bubblegum can gently caress on camera

e: :laffo: what a way to start a new page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
This was actually leaked a while back; a few people (like Jenny Goldberg, art director on Into the Florpus and Iggy Craig, an OK KO boarder) listed "Rumble Jaw" on their resumes and so someone asked that guy who runs the "animation jobs in LA" blog what Rumble Jaw is and he said it was adventure time related

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Makes sens- wait where??

HBO Max is being set up as Warner's equivalent to Disney+; the pete browngardt looney tunes shorts are also gonna be on there

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

TwoPair posted:

Finally Marceline and Bubblegum can gently caress on camera

e: :laffo: what a way to start a new page

Remember when talking about that ship resulted in people getting mad and calling you creepy? Good times. I actually read the Adventure Time threads when I was watching the show for the first time last year and it was extremely funny in retrospect. What Was Missing broke people's minds once somebody mentioned the obvious.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Ruflux posted:

Remember when talking about that ship resulted in people getting mad and calling you creepy? Good times.

I was one of those people :shobon:. Well okay, didn't get mad and call anyone creepy, I just thought there was no way and that people were reading too much into things. Now I look real dumb in retrospect...

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Best Marcie haircut?

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

wait... what?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

That poor snake on a stick would make an awful sword.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
So is this a sequel? Elseworlds?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Is that Buster from Arthur?

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

Is Abracadaniel trans now?

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

The Silver Snail posted:

Is Abracadaniel trans now?

He might just have longer hair. Barbers seem in short supply if Finns hair is anything to go on.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3hAt82t1ZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRuC4R3HSG0

New Infinity Train shorts

Xelkelvos fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Oct 24, 2019

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

Here's synopses for the four (hour-long each) specials:

quote:

“BMO” | “When there’s a deadly space emergency in the farthest reaches of the galaxy, there’s only one hero to call, and it’s probably not BMO. Except that this time it is!”

“Obsidian” | “Marceline and Princess Bubblegum journey to the imposing, beautiful Glass Kingdom — and deep into their tumultuous past — to prevent an earthshaking catastrophe.”

“Wizard City” | “Peppermint Butler starts over at the beginning, as just another inexperienced Wizard School student. When mysterious events at the campus cast suspicion on Pep, and his checkered past, can he master the mystic arts in time to prove his innocence?”

“Together Again” | “Finn and Jake [reunite] to rediscover their brotherly bond and embark on the most important adventure of their lives.”

No.1 Special
Apr 4, 2011

This could be very interesting. Not only for Adventure Time but for other popular CN shows.

Those were nice. Maybe they're setting up season 2?

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
Are they making more episodes of Are You Afraid of the Dark? The three part thing was OK, and it's easier to get my child to watch horror things that weren't made before she was born.

No.1 Special
Apr 4, 2011
If you want to watch more Infinity Train I hope you got 15 bux. ATT and Warner are trying to be like Disney+.

https://twitter.com/CNschedules/status/1189317730542981121

At least C.H. Greenblatt is getting more work.

https://twitter.com/The_GWW/status/1189318208295264256

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Close Enough was that thing the creator of Regular Show did forever ago, right?

No.1 Special
Apr 4, 2011

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Close Enough was that thing the creator of Regular Show did forever ago, right?

Yeah. It was supposed to be on TBS, but then the ATT merger happened and TBS had to stop caring about original animated series except for American Dad and Final Space and even that is going to Adult Swim probably. After that it went into limbo until just now.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

No.1 Special posted:

Yeah. It was supposed to be on TBS, but then the ATT merger happened and TBS had to stop caring about original animated series except for American Dad and Final Space and even that is going to Adult Swim probably. After that it went into limbo until just now.

I think Louis CK stuff (as he was gonna get an animated sitcom) were another factor of the TBS cartoon block getting canned

No.1 Special
Apr 4, 2011

Digamma-F-Wau posted:

I think Louis CK stuff (as he was gonna get an animated sitcom) were another factor of the TBS cartoon block getting canned

I didn't know that. Makes sense.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I would still expect the shows to air on Cartoon Network, these streaming services are not meant to be profitable initially and TV ad rev is still.. extant

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Gumball is exceptional in every way, but I really live for when Nicole is onscreen.

Battleship shots is pretty transparently a drinking game, right? They even have those frat Bros who sound like they were recorded in a meat locker.

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

The 7th Guest posted:

I would still expect the shows to air on Cartoon Network, these streaming services are not meant to be profitable initially and TV ad rev is still.. extant

It's not, viewership is so far down the shitter for all the major kids networks that there's literally no reason for CN to air any new shows there. Both Disney and CN have turned to basically only caring about streaming and experimental formats like bombs on TV because there's just not enough money in regular TV anymore. I do expect that the current batch of cartoons being made will still air on CN, but quite possibly after the streaming launch.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Yeah, kids are absolutely relentless cord cutters and you've got to adapt or die. Especially since kids are the most shameless and prolific pirates and you're competing with that service.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Too bad that services are competing with each other, while piracy competes with the accumulative of services, and as the accumulative grows in number, their ease of use decreases, making piracy all the more attractive and we go back to 2005.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeSpS6AIULI

Idk what the release schedule is on these, but here's a newer one. The Kaiju Car.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!
Man it'd be great if CN would acknowledge other countries exist and might want to watch their promo content on youtube.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaqKPRxxaSk

the wikipedia article for this posted:

On April 29, 2015, Netflix announced it had given the production a series order consisting of thirteen episodes. At the same time, Deadline reported that production on the series will take three years and is expected to be the most expensive animated program to make with each episode costing five to six million dollars. Production companies involved in the series include Warner Bros. Animation, A Very Good Production, A Stern Talking To, Random House Children's Entertainment, Gulfstream Television and Big Kid Pictures. The series was originally slated to premiere in the fall of 2018 before receiving its fall 2019 premiere window.[6]

the entire existence of this feels very :psyduck:

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

It seems profoundly wrong to spin out that book into a big long complicated plot that mostly doesn't rhyme.

Also a weird decision to put the entire arc of the characters becoming friends in the trailer.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
The best adaption of that story was the Johnny Bravo episode with the Girl Scout Cookies. Honestly though I'll probably watch that out of curiosity. If it's at least bonkers enough it could be interesting. I thought most of Horton Hears a Who was fine.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

SlothfulCobra posted:

It seems profoundly wrong to spin out that book into a big long complicated plot that mostly doesn't rhyme.
Also a weird decision to put the entire arc of the characters becoming friends in the trailer.

There have been not one but two wide theatrical releases of How The Grinch Stole Christmas. Dumbasses in Hollywood will continue to stretch really short stories way longer than they should go as long as they see a nickel of profit.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Oof, the animation in this is rough. And like half the scenes they showed the words didn't match the mouths

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It feels like it's trying to be some fuckin' generic fantasy journey becoming friends story, like I can tell the plot beats just from the trailer.

Fuckin' dire.

cartoons123
Nov 7, 2013

Macaluso posted:

Oof, the animation in this is rough. And like half the scenes they showed the words didn't match the mouths

I’ll be fair and put that blame on the way trailers are cut, which always seem to gently caress up the sync in some way or other. Otherwise... eh? They’ve been pushing the fact that they’re going for movie quality animation, and you know in some ways this looks fine, if nothing special. I can see this going in between 2019 Grinch and like Horton heads a Who on the “Modern Dr. Seuss Animation Adaptations” scale. I guess at least it doesn’t look like it’ll be a Lorax?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

TwoPair posted:

There have been not one but two wide theatrical releases of How The Grinch Stole Christmas. Dumbasses in Hollywood will continue to stretch really short stories way longer than they should go as long as they see a nickel of profit.

Honestly I legitimately love the Jim Carrey version

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

drrockso20 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1DcD8e55YY

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I mean, Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs discarded almost everything from the original short story and still managed to be really good with a pretty good sequel, but it still doesn't bode well. I'm fine with crazy premises, I just get grumpy when things try to springboard off of old IPs in bad faith.

Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles takes a bunch of wild departures and is probably my favorite TMNT yet, but this looks pretty dumb and boilerplate. I will not watch it in a box, I will not watch it with a fox.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

SlothfulCobra posted:

I mean, Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs discarded almost everything from the original short story and still managed to be really good with a pretty good sequel, but it still doesn't bode well.

To be fair, Phil Lord and Chris Miller did that movie. I'm sure if they were handed the reigns to Green Eggs and Ham, they could perform their witchcraft on it and we'd get something amazing

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I would not watch it on TV, I would not watch it while I pee. I would not watch it in a car, I would not watch it in a bar. I would not watch it on PC, I would not watch if it was free.

drrockso20 posted:

The "YOU'RE AN IDIOT" echo gag is 100% good poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

SlothfulCobra posted:

I mean, Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs discarded almost everything from the original short story and still managed to be really good with a pretty good sequel, but it still doesn't bode well. I'm fine with crazy premises, I just get grumpy when things try to springboard off of old IPs in bad faith.

Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles takes a bunch of wild departures and is probably my favorite TMNT yet, but this looks pretty dumb and boilerplate. I will not watch it in a box, I will not watch it with a fox.

I watched a bit of Rise but found it hard to get into. How long does it take to pick up?