Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

:scotland:
How many excellent players are retiring after this?

AWJ, Read, Smith?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
Well that was a pretty chill and fun game, not usually a 3rd place playoff kinda guy but it was pretty nice to have a no stakes palate cleanser after the semi.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Saw a bum :tutbutt:

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Well good win by New Zealand. Well done those lads.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Well done. Not a bad little game.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master

Skarsnik posted:

:eyepop: :eyepop:

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Skarsnik posted:

The best rugby games always involve seeing a bum.

I really wish we had put up more of a fight there, I foolishly let hope enter my heart when the score was 14-10 and then saw it crushed.

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

Kitchner posted:

The best rugby games always involve seeing a bum.

Donnacha O'Callaghan wanting to play in his red underpants. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xC4K47UfO5g

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

The southern kings aren't very good at rugby imho.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Vaders Jester posted:

AWJ, Read, Smith?

I think a big chunk of the team are gone. Add Crotty, SBDubs, Coles, Cane(?).

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

That's a lot of stretch, fellas.

If Mr. Jones there releases him and sends #22 through the uprights, does he get 3 points?

If #22 manages to come down in play and touch it down, does he score the try?

edit: Rugby newb here folks, forgive the ignorance.

duodenum fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Nov 1, 2019

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Rolabi Wizenard posted:

That's a lot of stretch, fellas.

If Mr. Jones there releases him and sends #22 through the uprights, does he get 3 points?

If #22 manages to come down in play and touch it down, does he score the try?

edit: Rugby newb here folks, forgive the ignorance.

He gets pulled off for an HIA, Heinie injury assessment.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken

The Rabbi T. White posted:

I think a big chunk of the team are gone. Add Crotty, SBDubs, Coles, Cane(?).

Crotty, Read, Todd and Ben Smith are moving on, but a fair chunk of the team have signed contract extensions, including Coles and Sam Cane. Retallick and Whitelock's contracts allow for them to take a season off to play overseas, but they're contracted to the NZRU for at least the next 3 years.

Considering the odds on Rennie being appointed the next All Blacks coach has just shortened considerably, it's fairly likely players that go back with him like Aaron Smith and Brodie Retallick would want to stick around for a bit longer as well.

SBW hasn't committed to anything yet, and it is now known he is also fielding a $9million offer from the Toronto Wolfpack.

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Nov 1, 2019

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

:scotland:
Rennie is great value, a big loss for Glasgow but he's done pretty well there the last couple of years and I'm not surprised he's heading back to NZ.

Can't blame SBW taking that kind of payday, the guy deserves it.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib

Vagabundo posted:

So this will be the first time since the game's gone professional that all three SANZAR teams will be looking for new coaches at the end of their international season.

Steve Hansen had already flagged he would be stepping down at the end of the Rugby World Cup to take up a contract in Japan.
Michael Cheika resigned after Australia's limp defeat to England in the quarterfinals, and likely quit before he was dismissed.
Rassie Erasmus has now stated he will step aside at the end of the tournament.

Eddie Jones was the sole survivor of the 3 SANZAR coaches after the 2003 tournament.
Steve Hansen was one of the survivors after the 2007 tournament, as part of the All Blacks' Three Wise Men coaching panel with Sir Graham Henry and Wayne Smith.

Rassie is going to stay on as director of rugby operations or some such bullshit title. I don't know how much overseeing he will do with the new coach and game plans and such. Kind of hard to believe that he talk over the team just under 2 years ago thanks to AC's incompetency.

Dog Friday
Feb 22, 2006
Not terribly fussed who wins tomorrow but just hope the outcome is determined by the players and not Jerome Garces

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:
The 2007 world cup was the first one I followed as a fan, I got South Africa in our school sweepstakes and won £50 that I spent on vodka and takeaway pizza. We shouted Francois when hitting drop kicks at lunch time in honour of Steyn's beefy boot. That team was seriously impressive, but man for man this one might be better. If England match their performance from the semis it'll be hard to beat but I'd love a final upset.

They play in green so it's good enough for me, uppa boks.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

I hope England lose and it's caused directly by inexplicable scrum penalties in the true French fashion.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
I hope England win so that every obnoxious ABE’er chokes on it.

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Total Meatlove posted:

Come down Cardiff and say that saesneg

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Meteor.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

How the gently caress is Cane not retiring? Dude doesn’t know where he is most days of the week.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

Chwyldro Dawnsio Dawns

Vaders Jester posted:

AWJ, Read, Smith?

AWJ recently signed a new contract that lasts until the end of the 2021 Lions tour.

Ken Owens is probably closest to retirement. He's 32, and already has an office job for life at the WRU.

Hallum Amos is likely taking at least 4 years away from Rugby to go to University.

Dan Biggar is in the "make enough money abroad to sustain your future" phase of his career. He was replaced at his previous club by Gareth Anscombe, and if that happens at an international level, I wouldn't be surprised if he retires, to live in a castle made out of gold.

Bradley Davies is also 32, and I think a lot of people had already assumed he was retired, before the start of the World Cup.

Hadleigh Parkes has a job at the BBC, and could transition into broadcasting pretty easily, but he also has incredibly close ties to the new Welsh management team, so I'd expect him to stick around for as long as he's injury-free.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Total Meatlove posted:

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
it may be coming home

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Nice early try again please lads, howay!

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master
I hope both teams play fair and everybody has a nice time.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Wizard Master posted:

I hope both teams play fair and everybody has a nice time.

gently caress you.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Welp, good start there.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

rip sinkler

Pail Ale
Jul 3, 2007

Bucket Beer
Pillbug
Ooof, not a good start

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Nasty, he had a full mma fencing pose going on.

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

SA looking sharp.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

de klerk is a bloody wanker :(

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Garbage already from this ref, allowing knock ons and forward passes

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
This is incredibly sloppy from England so far.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Boks with a lively start.

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

boks aren't getting bullied like the ABs were

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:
Pollard needs to find his kicking boots, think every opportunity has to be taken here. Good start from the boks though.