Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
For how terrible they've been, England should be pretty happy to be only 3 down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Vaders Jester posted:

It's a nebulous law, if a team spends 5 minutes failing to do anything with that advantage, surely that's on them and advantage over, not just until they score a try or gently caress it right up?

so when do you draw the line? there's no time limit to advantage specified in the law

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

NGL I didn't think the England scrum would be skull hosed like it has been.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

what the gently caress are all these scrum penalties for

3peat
May 6, 2010

drat, england is garbage. And their rugby team aint much better!

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

gently caress this ref.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

I get that hating on England is popular but haters gonna hate and england will win this world cup, i hope you love being sour cos i love being great

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Dell_Zincht posted:

gently caress this ref.

It would be less annoying if everyone hadn't called it beforehand

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

:scotland:

Julio Cruz posted:

so when do you draw the line? there's no time limit to advantage specified in the law

That's pretty much the problem with the law. It's entirely discretionary and if a team is in the 22 it's basically until they score or gently caress up which seems pretty dumb.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Looke posted:

I get that hating on England is popular but haters gonna hate and england will win this world cup, i hope you love being sour cos i love being great

Eh, they haven't shown anything suggesting they'll win. Unless Jones has something up his sleeve for a failing scrum they'll struggle.

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

Vaders Jester posted:

That's pretty much the problem with the law. It's entirely discretionary and if a team is in the 22 it's basically until they score or gently caress up which seems pretty dumb.

But they can’t gently caress up too quickly either.

Graces should have come back for the second penalty against Faf on the near side by the 22 considering there had been about a zillion phases from the initial call and England weren’t able to do dick.

Pail Ale
Jul 3, 2007

Bucket Beer
Pillbug

Julio Cruz posted:

It's not time, it's distance. If there's no infraction from the attacking team to call the penalty back, they can theoretically stay there for the whole game.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken

bessantj posted:

Eh, they haven't shown anything suggesting they'll win. Unless Jones has something up his sleeve for a failing scrum they'll struggle.

Pretty much. They look like a team that has already played their final last week, where the stars all aligned. Today, they've looked nervous and out of their depth.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Eddie will take a injury in the front row so they go to uncontested scrums.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Vagabundo posted:

Pretty much. They look like a team that has already played their final last week, where the stars all aligned. Today, they've looked nervous and out of their depth.

They got everything from the breakdown last week. This week they're lucky to get a sniff. Total turnaround.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Vagabundo posted:

It's almost like England have trouble against sides they can't physically bully.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
all i'm seeing every south africa scrum:

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

bloody ray purchase

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

England have played 3 1/2 world cup finals South Africa 2 1/2 and they've scored a combined total of 1 try in all that time.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:
One tuilagi break could make all the difference here, still tight enough. For all SA's pressure they haven't been great going forward.

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

bessantj posted:

England have played 3 1/2 world cup finals South Africa 2 1/2 and they've scored a combined total of 1 try in all that time.
:eyepop:

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken

Vaders Jester posted:

It's almost like England have trouble against sides they can't physically bully.

It would have helped if the All Blacks had turned up last week.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

At this stage, I don't mind if England win. Other than Billy V and Eddie, they all seem like good people but if they do lose and it's to a bizarro Garces penalty, Woodward might have a heart attack and save us ever hearing from him again.

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

man, de klerk is a little blonde missile flying in there every time

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Yeah if England win they'll have definitely deserved it after that semi performance.

Countdown until Cole goes down injured though?

MyChemicalImbalance fucked around with this message at 11:27 on Nov 2, 2019

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
They're hosed if the new saffers props can win scrum penalties like that

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

RIP England scrum

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

15 is the score that won the boks both their cups.

Pail Ale
Jul 3, 2007

Bucket Beer
Pillbug

Vaders Jester posted:

RIP England scrum

No

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

G A R C E S

oh no computer
May 27, 2003

Oh England can scrum then

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Sweet Chariot sounds terrible.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
God they needed that

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Scrums are strange things

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Where has that scrum been all game? Oh, it's because Mako is off.

Pail Ale
Jul 3, 2007

Bucket Beer
Pillbug
Has there ever been a wc final without any tries scored?

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Pail Ale posted:

Has there ever been a wc final without any tries scored?

1995 and 2007, both bok finals.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
And suddenly England have some momentum

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

:(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dell_Zincht