Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

Last half was so much better than the first one. I can't understand how England could have looked so good last week and so ordinary this week, I guess they poured everything they had into beating NZ.

They couldn't bully the bok forwards like they did the kiwis then they didn't have a plan B. A problem they had in the 6N mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

oh no computer posted:

You won bokke. Enjoy the world cup, I hope it makes you very happy. Dear lord. What a sad little life bokke. You ruined my night, completely, so you could have the world cup, but I hope now you spend it on some lessons in grace and decorum, because you have all the grace of a reversing dump truck without any tyres on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fPmVv5is6Q

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Well done Boks. Very good game.

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Looke posted:

which parent abused you as a child to make such a retarded statement

The English one.

Christ de Klerk was loving everywhere

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Kitchner posted:

Lol

I'm so glad SA have won, England as a country is so insufferable when they win anything that isn't football, and the only reason they aren't insufferable when they win football trophies is that they never win.

hmm not liking this tbh

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012
Nice interview with Kolisi.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
let's go the Springboks

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

I got on my flight at 18-12 and by the time I’d figured out how to connect to inflight WiFi and paid my $6 it was all over. Well played boks and well played delta.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

:scotland:

tarbrush posted:

I think they just didn't manage their nerves. Which is unlike them as a side and as individuals, but that's what world cup finals can do to you.

England do really well when they get a fast start and keep a team on the back foot. SA didn't allow them to get their game going and were constantly pressuring them in defence so England were forced out of their normal structural play and they tend to not cope very well in those circumstances.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
Lol England

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Vaders Jester posted:

England do really well when they get a fast start and keep a team on the back foot. SA didn't allow them to get their game going and were constantly pressuring them in defence so England were forced out of their normal structural play and they tend to not cope very well in those circumstances.

Yeah. But I think at this point England are good enough that you have to just tip your hat to South Africa and acknowledge that keeping England on the back foot for 80 minutes is really loving hard, and they did it.

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Kitchner posted:

Lol

I'm so glad SA have won, Clive Woodward is so insufferable when they win.

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

oh no computer posted:

You won bokke. Enjoy the world cup, I hope it makes you very happy. Dear lord. What a sad little life bokke. You ruined my night, completely, so you could have the world cup, but I hope now you spend it on some lessons in grace and decorum, because you have all the grace of a reversing dump truck without any tyres on.

Haha lekker kak julle af ne.

Hier was nog so ‘n engelse doos in die pub wat nog ewe windgat aan die begin skree, maar hy was maar stil die res van die tyd fokken lolll

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

KinkyJohn posted:

Haha lekker kak julle af ne.

Hier was nog so ‘n engelse doos in die pub wat nog ewe windgat aan die begin skree, maar hy was maar stil die res van die tyd fokken lolll

I think most fans do that??

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Woodward is insufferable win , lose , or draw.

oh no computer
May 27, 2003

KinkyJohn posted:

fokken lolll

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Eddie couldn't even turn the ship around at half time. Fire him imo.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

goatface posted:

Eddie couldn't even turn the ship around at half time. Fire him imo.

Nah, keep him. He's great.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Julio Cruz posted:

so when do you draw the line? there's no time limit to advantage specified in the law

TBF, most teams have the wherewithal to try a shot to nothing like a cross field or chip through or something rather than just ineffectively trucking it up for two dozen phases in that situation.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Vaders Jester posted:

That's pretty much the problem with the law. It's entirely discretionary and if a team is in the 22 it's basically until they score or gently caress up which seems pretty dumb.

then change the law, I have no problem with that

but complaining when the law's enforced as it's currently written is pretty dumb

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Julio Cruz posted:

then change the law, I have no problem with that

but complaining when the law's enforced as it's currently written is pretty dumb

I'll get right on changing that law then. :rolleyes:

The law being dumb is why people complain about it chief.

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

kecske posted:

I think most fans do that??

This particular guy was being consciously super obnoxious trying to rile people up, but after a few minutes he went quiet.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

kecske posted:

hmm not liking this tbh

You wouldn't, your first reaction was to post "at least its not Wales" and then when a welsh fan points out England is insufferable when they win you pout.

Frankly other than maybe Japan (and obviously Wales) I don't think I would have supported anyone else over SA. I have three black South African friends and the first black captain is a big deal for them and the fact that they won the world cup with him leading them is a big deal. I'm really glad they won for that reason, and they also just played really good rugby.

That being said, English fans like you and the other guy generally make it really easy to enjoy seeing them lose.

Kitchner fucked around with this message at 12:42 on Nov 2, 2019

bigfoot again
Apr 24, 2007

South Africa played great. Their rush defence was amazing and England couldn’t handle it. England looked knackered and Ben Young’s was Bad Ben Youngs.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

The problem is that inside the 22 a penalty should be worth 3 points to any team in the world. So when a team has advatage you have to think advatage will be over when they score something. On a practical level I don't know how you could change the rules to make it not subjective.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Aramoro posted:

The problem is that inside the 22 a penalty should be worth 3 points to any team in the world. So when a team has advatage you have to think advatage will be over when they score something. On a practical level I don't know how you could change the rules to make it not subjective.

Set number of phases, if the team with advantage opt to take a penalty within those set number cool, if not advantage over?

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Kitchner posted:

You wouldn't, your first reaction was to post "at least its not Wales" and then when a welsh fan points out England is insufferable when they win you pout.

Frankly other than maybe Japan (and I viousky Wales) I don't think I would have supported anyone else over SA. I have three black South African friends and the first black captain is a big deal for them and the fact that they won the world cup with him leading them is a big deal. I'm really glad they won for that reason, and they also just played really good rugby.

That being said, English fans like you and the other guy generally make it really easy to enjoy seeing them lose.

Every country has annoying fans when they win I don’t think a particularly English phenomenon

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

I dunno...

It's great to listen to English commentators lament.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

KinkyJohn posted:

This particular guy was being consciously super obnoxious trying to rile people up, but after a few minutes he went quiet.

well that guy sucks and you should dunk on him imo.

Kitchner posted:

I hope you can find joy again someday.

Pail Ale
Jul 3, 2007

Bucket Beer
Pillbug

Vaders Jester posted:

Set number of phases, if the team with advantage opt to take a penalty within those set number cool, if not advantage over?

If they're clearly not gaining ground, it should be a reset. By that point, halfie should have kicked it into touch for a 5m lineout.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

SA have broken the curse of losing in the pool stages too though even if England had won, it would have been the first side to win the WC without winning all of their matches.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

kecske posted:

I hope you can find joy again someday.

I did, it was watching SA win the world cup trampling England into the dirt and then seeing you strop. I enjoyed it a lot.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Kitchner posted:

I did, it was watching SA win the world cup trampling England into the dirt and then seeing you strop. I enjoyed it a lot.

oh no computer
May 27, 2003

Kitchner posted:

You wouldn't, your first reaction was to post "at least its not Wales"
Yes, this is a uniquely English phenomenon.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

oh no computer posted:

Yes, this is a uniquely English phenomenon.

Well now all the Wales haters can be happy Wales are in a post Gatland world.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Tip Wales into the sea imo

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Vaders Jester posted:

I'll get right on changing that law then. :rolleyes:

The law being dumb is why people complain about it chief.

yeah, no

the complaining wasn’t “boy the advantage rule is dumb” but “why is the ref continuing this advantage”

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

a lot of sides will change up in a post-coach world. Cheika, Gatland, Hansen, Erasmus. Jones almost certainly.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

kecske posted:

a lot of sides will change up in a post-coach world. Cheika, Gatland, Hansen, Erasmus. Jones almost certainly.

Townsend probably although they'll wait til he wooden spoons the six Nations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oh no computer
May 27, 2003

And the results are in: