Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fallorn
Apr 14, 2005
High Wisdom would have him realize she should try to just get every skill book made for all sorts of mundane things because of synergistic abilities between skills and it would most likely make his territory game better.

His golems need manual dexterity sounds like he needs needle craft, sewing, cross stitch and other skills. Also why the hell doesn't he turn them into a potion factory and just sell consumables.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Fallorn posted:

High Wisdom would have him realize she should try to just get every skill book made for all sorts of mundane things because of synergistic abilities between skills and it would most likely make his territory game better.

His golems need manual dexterity sounds like he needs needle craft, sewing, cross stitch and other skills. Also why the hell doesn't he turn them into a potion factory and just sell consumables.

As always, the reason he isn't running a potion factory is due to his low wisdom.

I like that he's got a fresh new way to exploit gamer's mind, looking forward to seeing him do that. Also all his bullshit hax have worked out for him until now, so I really want him to get into demon spells and then realize that oops, Baal's got like full claim to his soul and/or his mind's super messed up now because of it, whoopsie! Just have one thing seriously backfire on him after he's done so much winning, and then we get the skill explanation/grinding to fix that.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
I think you guys are ignoring the important bit where he actually likes grinding.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Kyte posted:

I think you guys are ignoring the important bit where he actually likes grinding.

Oh this wouldn't be a punishment for him to grind out a fix to baal-mind, I just think it'd be a fun new type of grinding for us to see. Grind to fix a problem in his character build instead of improve it. Hell have it take place entirely in his mind and show his mental landscape in the comic, next-level grinding there. Instead of just seeing him meditate for a panel or two we dive into his psyche.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
I stopped reading for a bit, but I've caught up on roughly 2-3 years of updates. I think I laughed loudest when the healing golem poked his head out of the ground to shoot a healing lazer at Jeehan during his final battle with the Saint of the Church of Masks.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Jihan barely even hesitating before smashing that like and subscribe button.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

paragon1 posted:

Jihan barely even hesitating before smashing that like and subscribe button.

He probably agreed to a marriage contract or something.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Jihan going to have to explain to all his party members why his relationship status says "Married to the Witch of Slaughter" now.

Married to the Witch of Slaughter would be a pretty good metal album name.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Low wisdom is such a meme already, but agreeing to a contract prompt without more info has to be in that category. Looking forward to seeing the details of what that actually involves. I'm totally down for it being something very similar to a marriage contract and seeing the fallout that would come from that, been a minute since we had romance goofs take center stage.

I forgot he already got smooched once by his sensei, she's certainly in the lead among the harem right now.

I was also a bit surprised that after a long running theme of people being freaked out at his insane power, his reaction after getting back from hell was "I'm weak as hell and I need to power up more." I guess it makes sense given that if he hadn't had extra questions pending he might have been well and truly screwed over by baal, but it's not the mindset I was expecting from him. Good on the people behind the manhwa for surprising me I suppose.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
The stronger he gets the more attention he attracts from things stronger than him.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Yeah some MMOs the mobs dont even aggro onto you if youre way below them.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Looks like he got that free druid upgrade. He can also tick "literally live forever" off the list of things to get done, just has that as a freebie now.

Jee-Han's going to eventually make the equivalent of a super-nuke for the Abyss, but until then at least he gets to freeload off of the auction and get lots of stuff. Once he gets even a few in-demand magic item recipes then any time he wants more money I have to figure he can just order materials, craft that item, and make wild profits.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Forget Super-Nuke, something with a name like that is gonna kickstart a new universe, possibly at the expense of the current one.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

By the way, Jee-Han (pre tower/golem upgrade) was passively making more than $8 million USD worth of golems every day. So you know, that's a thing.

But now he's actually going to get into real crafting to finally make that real money and power.

I love me this comic, but oof my broke butt did not need to be reminded how crazy rich Jee-Han is.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
The Gamer's income should be represented as an idle clicker.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
This game doesn't really open up until you make your first tower that makes towers that makes towers that make golems.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
SO WHO WANTED A GENRE CHANGE???
https://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/the-gamer/season-4-ep-104/viewer?title_no=88&episode_no=300

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
I remember this part in GTA:San Andreas, I captured 80% of the city as soon as the territory mechanic was introduced only to get kicked out a few story missons later

Also goddamn Jee-Han, a little arrogant aren’t we? Put points in wisdom idiot!!!!

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

This was really rash on his part. He considered zero diplomatic preparation beforehand.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

sincx fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Mar 23, 2021

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Wow, Jee-Han, way to jump in with both feet. :stare:

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse
This is the poo poo I'm here for, holy cow.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

"Hey, maybe you should calm down and slow yourself down"

"I guess you're right."

"So what's the plan then?"

"Oh I'm going to do a surprise attack on every non-evil organization in Korea to conquer their lands and build more sorcery towers, while also taking all their members as prisoners of war."

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Pretty sure non-evil groups are the exemptions.

profileusername
Mar 2, 2019

Jee-Han with the dark determination of a gamer.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

paragon1 posted:

Pretty sure non-evil groups are the exemptions.

I’m not so sure, the translation’s kind of spotty. He listed the Cheonbu guild next to the Yeonhon guild and the Church of Masks; is he taking those over and destroying them too? Or is he listing them because they already count as his territory?

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

blastron posted:

I’m not so sure, the translation’s kind of spotty. He listed the Cheonbu guild next to the Yeonhon guild and the Church of Masks; is he taking those over and destroying them too? Or is he listing them because they already count as his territory?

those are technically his allies, he was saying all the non evil groups are safe

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Ha, if he's already confident enough that with his new tower he could take on the Ninth gate, then imagine if this works like most strategy games and he can build up a tower or some other crazy building on the territory he conquers. There were a LOT of little dots on that map of his.

Gonna be hilarious if charisma turned out to be the super useful stat he needed to do this mass invasion without pissing out everyone and getting them to ally against him. If I'm one of the little groups that just got golem squashed then I'd definitely be teaming up to go after this upstart gamer jerk.

Now I want all the shady organizations that aren't literally adjacent to him to team up, all of the evil abyss in Korea vs. Jee-Han... and it's still NOT ENOUGH.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
He states in the chapter he plans on making another tower

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Yeah more towers is the plan now, but if it's going to replicate a proper strategy game I wouldn't be surprised if he got some other unique options. At a minimum we know he can make like a mini-base thing with golem factories and "buildings" supporting them within his territory.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
"Ok, conquered a new territory... wow, this is just all over the place. Better build them a temple and aquaduct, keep a horseman there to heal up and suppress rebels..."

Meanwhile capital territory Jihan's Mom's House begins work on a wonder: Golem made of golems made of golems making more golems.

booksnake
May 4, 2009

we who are crowned with the crest of wisdom
An emissary from the Ninth Gate wishes to speak with you.

"Our words are backed by nuclear legendary magical weapons"

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Alternatively, Dominions style (replace "Top 5 Kickstarter Pens" with "Jee-han Han The Gamer"):

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Elfface posted:

"Ok, conquered a new territory... wow, this is just all over the place. Better build them a temple and aquaduct, keep a horseman there to heal up and suppress rebels..."

Meanwhile capital territory Jihan's Mom's House begins work on a wonder: Golem made of golems made of golems making more golems.

See this guy gets it.

I really enjoy Jee-Han being like "My OP ability only let me cast two spells with zero indication I was doing so twice per SECOND, so I moved that up to 12 per second in my house :smug:"

That Guy Bob
Apr 30, 2009
Why bother with structures? Just build everything out of golems. That temple is a golem, that aqueduct is a golem. House? Golem. Road? Golem. Golems all the way down.

Fallorn
Apr 14, 2005

That Guy Bob posted:

Why bother with structures? Just build everything out of golems. That temple is a golem, that aqueduct is a golem. House? Golem. Road? Golem. Golems all the way down.

Make the mage tower of out golems so that it can slowly move around.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

New chapter's out. Anyone have a quick refresher handy for who the existence eater is? Can't quite place who that refers to.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

NowonSA posted:

New chapter's out. Anyone have a quick refresher handy for who the existence eater is? Can't quite place who that refers to.

Gonna guess the sunglasses guy from a million chapters ago who has the kid with terminal magic disease.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Pewdiepie posted:

Gonna guess the sunglasses guy from a million chapters ago who has the kid with terminal magic disease.

That's who I think it refers to as well, first name that came to mind, but I'm not sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

We have never met the irregular magician thus far. He is the Third Pillar of Seoul iirc, and his only presence thus far has been from sunglasses teacher mentioning him once. We know he is apparently an equal to the entire Chunbomoon clan on his own.