Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
I think my record was around going from 8 to 40 when standing up 2 or 3 times near a big starving bandits group.

Getting toughness through damage seems glacial by comparison.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cardiovorax posted:

How much did he have before? I've had dudes go up crazy amounts of toughness in a single fight, but 43 at a single bop would be pretty impressive.

Somewhere in the high single digits I think, or at most like 10 or 12

Plek
Jul 30, 2009
Any time one of my guys tries to get up with an enemy within a mile they they instantly knocked down again by the Force or something, and it doesn't seem to train toughness at all unless you actually get all the way up.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Plek posted:

Any time one of my guys tries to get up with an enemy within a mile they they instantly knocked down again by the Force or something, and it doesn't seem to train toughness at all unless you actually get all the way up.

I'm not 100% on this, but I think if you are trying to get up and an enemy becomes aggressive in the actual standing up animation then they instantly go back down for self preservation. That knock out seems to only last ~10 seconds. The trick to leveling toughness by standing is to do so when the enemies are not directly on top of you. The character needs enter the standing animation, but they don't need to finish it to get the bonus points.

Small exploit I found though, you can actually cancel the standing animation by cancelling the character's current action. I have that set to R but I can't remember if that is a default key.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
I've installed the Mist Ghouls mod and went through obedience, big mistake.

Also my biggest single toughness gain was with my current game, El Presidente, the hiver prince, lost his arm to a harpoon 5 minutes into the game. 212 damage, toughness went from 1 to 15 instantly.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

:byewhore: I never bothered to learn what his people do with him if you send him back home with cruddy robot limbs

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Certainly nothing interesting. Like dragging the Bugmaster to Cat-Lon.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Anyone tried dragging Cat-Lon to Tinfist?

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
I did with no reaction whatsoever.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Clark Nova posted:

:byewhore: I never bothered to learn what his people do with him if you send him back home with cruddy robot limbs

They recognize him as a skeleton and attack him until dead.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
War upon all slavers. Any time I see a slave caravan of any kind out in the world, I beat them up and take all their equipment and patch up and free any slaves with them and I haul as many of the slavers as I can with me on my way to wherever and the first time I encounter some wildlife I drop them off naked to be eaten by spiders or beak things or whatever.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Using Living World mod.

Current state of the world.
-Holy Nation in defeated. Scattered remnants. Shek have taken over most of it. Flotsam took the Capital.
-Cannibal Capital back in the hand of Deadcat. Surrounding towns still owned by Cannibals.
-Reavers wiped out in Favor of Crab Raiders.

Plans:
-Defeat Southern Hive so they get replaced by Western Hive.
-Defeat Anti-Slavers and United Cities if reputation tanks as a result of that.
-???
-Ashlands

Trying to find more to do. I'm 200 hours in on Steam overall across a couple different saves and wish there was a little more structure and interesting interactions. But surely I have my money's worth.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
To the detriment of my lp, as well as my living standards, I've been playing Rimworld and holy poo poo I found this while looking up race mods in the workshop.

Kenshi apparel

Hivers!

Skeletons!

Shek!

:allears:

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
there's a mod to add in beak things and such too

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Spoilers for Ashlands

FrickenMoron fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Nov 2, 2019

CopperHound
Feb 14, 2012

Spoilers!

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Better safe than sorry, edited it.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I was just there with Beep yesterday and I didn't get that interaction. :(

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Dismantling a base.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

FrickenMoron posted:

Spoilers for Ashlands

Beep is the best

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I have captured Eyegore. Should I:

-Peel him to death.
-Give him to the anti-slavers to maximize relations with them.
-send him home without limbs.
-send him home with shoddy quality economy limbs.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

I don’t know if the anti-slavers will actually take him. He makes a good training dummy

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

yeah antislavers will absolutely take him.

though it may be because he had no limbs when I dragged him over.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FrickenMoron posted:

Spoilers for Ashlands

I love this

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Sent Eyegore packing with robot limbs. He came back with his original limbs. This is bullshit.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Zesty posted:

Sent Eyegore packing with robot limbs. He came back with his original limbs. This is bullshit.

Yeah if he survives a new Eyegore spawns, I think you can actually farm meitou desert sabres from it if youre strong enough.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Let it be known: an enemy of Cyber Beep the Invincible Battle Born is an enemy of the Shek!

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I was not awarded Seto after turning in Bugmaster. I had room in my squad, and I've talked to both Bayan once and Esata twice. Seto just sits there, having her 20k bounty with The Holy Nation but not interactable.

I am running Reactive World now, so does that maybe make it more complex?

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

You have to be careful not interrupt Esata while she’s monolouging at you after you talk to her the first time.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Clark Nova posted:

You have to be careful not interrupt Esata while she’s monolouging at you after you talk to her the first time.

oh. rip

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Just encountered a fun bug. Left the game paused but running overnight, came back and as soon as I unpaused everyone started starving. Problem persisted through reloading saves and stuff, but was resolved by relaunching the game. :shrug:

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Since I love this dumb game way too much I've started a LetsPlay thread. Let me know what you think!

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Leal just did one, too. I never thought I'd see even one Kenshi LP here, never mind two of them.

It's certainly starting out interesting. That must have taken some you some time to set up like that.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Cardiovorax posted:

Leal just did one, too. I never thought I'd see even one Kenshi LP here, never mind two of them.

It's certainly starting out interesting. That must have taken some you some time to set up like that.

Not that much actually, I created my own custom gamestart with a forced southern hiver and a Skeleton that has no limbs. Luckily a gamestart is very easy to make. I also think Leal paused his LP.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Also that's more of a meme one, it's be nice to see one that's a bit more mechanical and that deals with mods

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
I think I do like your style more, yes. If you want some feedback on something that bothered me a bit about Leal's LP and that I think you could do better, it would help if you showed the in-between stuff more - the process of getting places and what happens on the way. Leal jumped around a lot. One moment on the west of the map, then the east, then the north to fight cannibals, but with no real sense of connection between those things. Those were the interesting bit, to be fair, but it meant that everything came across as a bit disjointed.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Oh yeah definitely. It bothers me about some youtube video series too, unless theyre narrated well with a good reason for the big skips etc. On the other side you have youtubers that spend 40 minutes in a video shoving people into cages and micro their inventory around...

I've already got a plan where to go next, I'm also gonna try to edit the wandering recruits squad so the skeletons are all kinds (p4 unit, screamer, etc) instead of just the default 3 eyed skeletons. I also need to uninstall this https://www.nexusmods.com/kenshi/mods/501 mod because these are completely broken.

These guys have a 2x natural str multiplier, several hundreds hp for all limbs, have natural regeneration and insane armors. Also the NPC ones that roam the world have 150 str and toughness by default. Why? Theyre so cool and fun looking and the tower they have is cool too with spooky red lights. But its so broken and unbalanced the mod is unuseable.

It's the same with the Thrashers mod this guy made, they are robotic walking turrets but for some reason he thought it would be good to have them be barrel harpoons, so they can rapidly empty 6 shots of 100+ damage into your guys and they travel in packs of 4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

What a shame. Those really do look great, but they would be even better if they hadn't been made by an idiot. Gonna have to look into taking that mod and stripping out the usable parts for my own use. Can't exactly put it back on the Nexus or the Workshop again, but I might share it here.