Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Problem with the 725 is the nuts hip fire potential by default, there's not really any reason to make it sawed off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Carecat posted:

Problem with the 725 is the nuts hip fire potential by default, there's not really any reason to make it sawed off.

Uh, except it’s cool as hell?

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

So what perks are the good ones ?

Clavavisage
Nov 12, 2011

Carecat posted:

Sawed off removes the potential for mid range clean up kills, dont do it

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Fun part of pubbies: lines on the voice chat like "this n word played the game before the creators played it"
Bad part: same pubbies as well as half my team quitting part way through when things aren't going our way

Spawning directly into the crosshairs of an already firing super apache is a barrel of laughs I must say

codo27 fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Nov 3, 2019

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013
The Oden is awesome. Without attachements it has a very medium range niche because the low rof is punishing at close range and the high recoil make it hard to hit at long range.
However around level 15 you start unlocking stuff that reduce the recoil and a x3 scope and oh do this gun become a beast at long range.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Protocol7 posted:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

codo27 posted:

Spawning directly into the crosshairs of an already firing super apache is a barrel of laughs I must say

Spawn protection being gone sure is great, isn't it? Wait until someone hits your spawn with white phos.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

I focused on hq for a mission but now I can’t stop

It makes the giant 10v10 maps actually fun to play and having the action focused on a single point makes farming kills so much easier

It’s especially good for sniper challenges but I gotta say, i know the progress bars are broken but I’m all but certain it’s not tallying my kills for the 60 sniper kill daily

Been racking up buttload a of sniper kills all day and still haven’t gotten it checked off

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Oh and sorry 725 dudes but it’s most certainly getting a nerf

I know this because I’ve been in a few matches where literally 90% of the lobby was using it

I should probably work on leveling it before that happens

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Its hilarious how the COD community is fine with an M4 having sniper rifle range, but a shotgun can't kill people at 20 yards. That's just too much.

Clavavisage
Nov 12, 2011

rap music posted:

Oh and sorry 725 dudes but it’s most certainly getting a nerf

I know this because I’ve been in a few matches where literally 90% of the lobby was using it

I should probably work on leveling it before that happens

quote for ban

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Mill Village posted:

Its hilarious how the COD community is fine with an M4 having sniper rifle range, but a shotgun can't kill people at 20 yards. That's just too much.

I can see them adding recoil to several of the ARs too fwiw

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Protocol7 posted:

Yeah I can't bring myself to put a barrel on it even if it's objectively better just cause it looks so much cooler. just so satisfying at close range.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Personally idgaf but from a dev perspective they are probably seeing that an extremely disproportionate amount of shotty kills are from the 725, thus they will make the others more competitive by nerfing it

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
When do I start unlocking cool parts like stocks for my guns so I can play Barbie Shoot-em-up?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Krogort posted:

The Oden is awesome. Without attachements it has a very medium range niche because the low rof is punishing at close range and the high recoil make it hard to hit at long range.
However around level 15 you start unlocking stuff that reduce the recoil and a x3 scope and oh do this gun become a beast at long range.

I just tried it out because you mentioned it and went on an absolute tear. The one problem I have is the ammo capacity but at least I’m killing enough dudes to run out of ammo.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
I finished the campaign and, well, it’s good...ish?

The performances for all the characters were great and the locations and set pieces were all pretty cool.

Felt like the campaign at parts kept a pretty tight leash, forcing you to be in some pretty specific spots or straight up punishing you for traveling off the beaten path a tiny bit. Maybe just I expect too much from a CoD campaign in 2019.

A few missions regarding a certain Urzikstani character and their background clearly tried to evoke an emotional response and just didn’t do it for me. But some missions like fighting the gigantic Russian guy or playing as Sgt. Garrick guiding the assistant Stacy through the invaded embassy were a fun change from the normal shoot mans.

I think it’s a great start and if they really do continue it I’d still be interested? I’m one of those who enjoys CoD campaigns and I still did enjoy this overall. Not sure it’s really worth replaying though.

In multiplayer news - I’m sure someone else discovered this part already - but it looks like in private matches you get to play with all the guns and gunsmith options. Plus the bots don’t spam claymores! Great testing ground for loadouts.

The bots can pull of some loving lucky throwing knife shots though, so watch out for that sneaky poo poo.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Speaking of claymores, I wish the TTK was a little longer in this because I love breaking off contact and leaving a surprise for the guy that tries to chase me down. It’s always fun when I get to do it but how often does someone survive an initial volley?

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Stun grenades taking out claymores for a few seconds is great but you're still kind of announcing your presence and then there's the extra issue of only getting one every 30 seconds with the specific perk and also lol who the hell is living that long in the first place.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Speaking of claymores, I wish the TTK was a little longer in this because I love breaking off contact and leaving a surprise for the guy that tries to chase me down. It’s always fun when I get to do it but how often does someone survive an initial volley?

If you think the ttk is too long, switch to using an mp5, and engage from around 50 meters out and up

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only person on earth that just absolutely loving hates Dom. Complete trash mode.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

veni veni veni posted:

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only person on earth that just absolutely loving hates Dom. Complete trash mode.

I would enjoy it more if anyone would actually play the objective. Just had a game of Bridge where the enemy team just camped vaguely near B after we captured it so they could try to get easy kills. Never pushed to capture it or A, just sat there. It was so stupid.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Mill Village posted:

People have been convinced via video games and movies that shotguns are only good out to melee distance. poo poo, I've been seeing MP7 snipers lately.

I just want to level up to get the AK going but gently caress it's slow going.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I would enjoy it more if anyone would actually play the objective. Just had a game of Bridge where the enemy team just camped vaguely near B after we captured it so they could try to get easy kills. Never pushed to capture it or A, just sat there. It was so stupid.

yeah I'd probably hate it less if I wasn't so hard wired to play the objective, which just gets you murdered 100 times in Dom. It's so comically inferior to BF conquest, that it's always just baffled me that its a popular mode. I guess people just like it cause they can farm people actually trying to play the objective. I can't think of any other reason why they would.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The M91 is loving sick as hell. Running it with a backup shorty for when I want to get feisty and run around is the most fun loadout I've played so far.

RIP M4. You might be the most op gun in MW, but you are also the most boring gun in MW.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

veni veni veni posted:

The M91 is loving sick as hell. Running it with a backup shorty for when I want to get feisty and run around is the most fun loadout I've played so far.

RIP M4. You might be the most op gun in MW, but you are also the most boring gun in MW.

I don’t know how but they did make it the most boring gun.

Anyone rolled it with the .458 SOCOM? Does that make it any more interesting?

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

30 pistol kills for weapons master gently caress me off

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

codo27 posted:

Sounds like a good thing to do in hc

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

codo27 posted:

The sniper rifle one is killing me, I hate sniper rifles in FPSes. Might not be so bad if I had the reflex sight unlocked but that requires, you know, leveling the sniper rifles up.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Given how hard spec ops is, I hope XP gains get adjusted to reflect the effort it asks of you.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Spec Ops really needs to be nerfed, parts of it are just so un-fun, or at least give it difficulty options so a wider variety of people can play it. Right now some missions feel impossible without 4 good players.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Cinara posted:

Spec Ops really needs to be nerfed, parts of it are just so un-fun, or at least give it difficulty options so a wider variety of people can play it. Right now some missions feel impossible without 4 good players.
I really want to like Spec Ops but they really need to add difficulty options because all I wanted was a chill coop mode but it's like the most brutal thing ever instead.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Insert name here posted:

I really want to like Spec Ops but they really need to add difficulty options because all I wanted was a chill coop mode but it's like the most brutal thing ever instead.

Private matches with bots are good for this, you just don't unlock anything of course.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

veni veni veni posted:

yeah I'd probably hate it less if I wasn't so hard wired to play the objective, which just gets you murdered 100 times in Dom. It's so comically inferior to BF conquest, that it's always just baffled me that its a popular mode. I guess people just like it cause they can farm people actually trying to play the objective. I can't think of any other reason why they would.

You know what doesn’t help that problem? You can check your KDR on the scoreboard easily in objective based modes, but not in TDM, the one place where that’s relevant to the team. It’s frankly baffling and encourages the weird player behavior in a lot of modes.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

The sniper rifle one is killing me, I hate sniper rifles in FPSes. Might not be so bad if I had the reflex sight unlocked but that requires, you know, leveling the sniper rifles up.

Honestly, I'm not much of a sniper, but it wasn't that hard to do with the HDR since it's a one shot kill on pretty much everywhere except a limb. Although I did have the Grassy Knoll version of it which had a high level barrel on it that helped with recoil.

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!

Protocol7 posted:

I don’t know how but they did make it the most boring gun.

Anyone rolled it with the .458 SOCOM? Does that make it any more interesting?

I ran the SOCOM rounds for one match tonight and it didn't make a huge difference in kill times, but the 10 round mag size is absolutely crippling.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Cripes, spawn protection is still in the game. It's an option you can toggle in private matches from anywhere between 0 to 10 seconds. Wonder why IW removed it from public matches.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh

You know what doesn’t help that problem? You can check your KDR on the scoreboard easily in objective based modes, but not in TDM, the one place where that’s relevant to the team. It’s frankly baffling and encourages the weird player behavior in a lot of modes.

Scoreboard doesn't show captures and defends on Domination until the end of the match. Weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

gently caress they need to fix this backend

Challenges and missions are so goddamn broken