Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

IronicDongz posted:

G is fun but I don't like that he's Q. Q is fun because of the mystery and I don't think we should ever get to see beneath the mask, especially not when the character underneath is so tonally different than what Q is

They share some normals, but I think it's probably a red herring, or a Gill/Urien situation where maybe he is related to Q. He isn't Q, as far as I know Capcom hasn't come out and said so. There's a similar costume, and some moves look very similar. I'm honestly surprised at the restraint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

You when you read my posts:
The tiny joysticks came in. They're square gate. Best budget stick 2019.
EDIT: I actually really like the stick part, at least for the shmup I quickly tested it on, but the buttons are a really stiff. Tiny novelty toy stick that cost $15 has some flaws.

HerniaFlange fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Nov 1, 2019

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Firstborn posted:

They share some normals, but I think it's probably a red herring, or a Gill/Urien situation where maybe he is related to Q. He isn't Q, as far as I know Capcom hasn't come out and said so. There's a similar costume, and some moves look very similar. I'm honestly surprised at the restraint.

It's not just some normals, something like 60-80% of G's attacks are better/fuller/healthier versions of Q's attacks. This doesn't mean they're the same person but they're definitely related just from context clues in the fighting style.

b0lt
Apr 29, 2005

HerniaFlange posted:

The tiny joysticks came in. They're square gate. Best budget stick 2019.
EDIT: I actually really like the stick part, at least for the shmup I quickly tested it on, but the buttons are a really stiff. Tiny novelty toy stick that cost $15 has some flaws.

The buttons are surprisingly good for what they are, which is a hollow cylindrical button placed directly on top of this mouse microswitch.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Samurai Shodown's online remains mysterious indeed. After several matches it lagged and then timed out but I just had a GREAT set with a player in Japan. Then it was Samurai Slowdown going into a casual room with max bars in the US? :iiam:

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

b0lt posted:

The buttons are surprisingly good for what they are, which is a hollow cylindrical button placed directly on top of this mouse microswitch.

Oh sure, I wasn't expecting a replacement for Hori FC or anything (I mean it would have been nice but oh well), it was plenty responsive. It just was stiff enough that trying to play on it for more than 15 minutes made my thumb start to get sore. I guess that means it won't be the end of the world if I pop one open to see if I can put something in that might work better. Or I can be a normal person and not try to give myself another project that I'll give up on halfway through, but then I wouldn't have yet another thing sitting in pieces in a box either, and that just won't do.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Hey don't play fighting games on the weekends

:mad:

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Neo Rasa posted:

Samurai Shodown's online remains mysterious indeed. After several matches it lagged and then timed out but I just had a GREAT set with a player in Japan. Then it was Samurai Slowdown going into a casual room with max bars in the US? :iiam:

That's what really trips me up, I've played with KK (The SNK community manager) who lives and works in japan a handful of times now and the connection was somehow totally good, from TX to JP, on both ends since he streams from SNK HQ and I could see it on his side too, then other times people a couple states away it's real rough.

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
G is definitely Q imo: https://youtu.be/VivPApIEa5k

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

HILDE ANNOUNCED FOR SCVI AND SHE LOOKS RAD.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Not feeling that costume
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XznU3L3uWD8

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

Thank you for closeup of B R E A S T S plate that showed it flexing while she breathed.
Also thank you for crotch stab super.

Arzachel posted:

They can pump out another 1000 bucks worth of costumes and it'll still be less of a titty game than SC6.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Yardbomb posted:

HILDE ANNOUNCED FOR SCVI AND SHE LOOKS RAD.

The one good SC girl returns. Finally.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

HerniaFlange posted:

Thank you for closeup of B R E A S T S plate that showed it flexing while she breathed.
Also thank you for crotch stab super.

For Project Soul this is about as puritanical as they get.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
I like the robe and crown, she looks like a king.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

The coat is good.

It's about time they put Gina Davis in a fighting game.

Did she just stab nightmare in the dick?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

mango sentinel posted:

Yeah, now he's Knightgeld

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

mango sentinel posted:

The coat is good.

It's about time they put Gina Davis in a fighting game.

a league of their own fuckin rules

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Barudak posted:

Yeah, now he's Knightgeld

heh

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

HerniaFlange posted:

It sucks. Her old design is so much better. :(

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

Lemon-Lime posted:

It sucks. Her old design is so much better. :(

Yeah, seriously. I hate being that guy, but the breastplate doesn't even make sense, why are there boob pockets? That would have to be some custom-rear end armor. Then again it's Soul Calibur, so that's a dumb reason to be annoyed by it.

Voldo custom butt cheeks armor when?

I hope there's at least one new character in the Bullshit Blazing reveal today.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
SC would be better if it had sound effects for voldo's rear end clappin

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I loved playing Hilde, and her mechanics were unique, but holding a button down was... man, it was weird. I settled on Alpha Patroklos just because of that one move that was almost an EWGF in SC. The spinny one.

the just frame version of "twister"

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Nov 3, 2019

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost

CRISPYBABY posted:

SC would be better if it had sound effects for voldo's rear end clappin

get a friend to clap his hands whenever you do 4B+K

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

help I'm trying to guard the money pit but I'm dummy thicc etc etc.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNGjSll2_Uc

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The 2 new GG reveals were Chipp and Potemkin. Chipp in particular got buff as gently caress, hes like twice the size he used to be.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Stream, actual gameplay coming soon https://www.twitch.tv/arcsystemworksu

I wish Potemkin had his older design, or a brand new one

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Hell naw, Xrd Potemkin looks so drat cool, I'm insanely happy he got That: But More.

Super buff Chipp is kinda neat looking also.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Breaking the characters on the select screen based on general playstyle (balance, Tricky, speed, etc) is something that sounds like a much more upfront benefit to beginners picking this up than I think I've seen in any other fighting game. Also feels like something David Sirlin would do so I'm not sure how that makes me feel.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Stream, actual gameplay coming soon https://www.twitch.tv/arcsystemworksu

I wish Potemkin had his older design, or a brand new one
:same:

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

NO WAIT, CHIPP SWOLENUFF.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

even compared to rev, new GG looks really drat pretty

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
everytime the camera moves i close my eyes and scream for the Actual Gameplay to come back

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The game looks really beautiful and I like how chunky the combo/hitstun is but I'm immediately worried about how the wallbreak stage transitions work.

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

I hate Potemkin's stupid giant bumper boots. Everything else is cool, but the boots are so dumb. I am furious about these boots.
Chipp Zabuff is cool, but I miss his 80s pants.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Chipp went full Twink-->Twunk->Hunk

Picked up all that beef the Sol dropped.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
gg2020 mehh..heat knuckle and ground normals normal blockable in the air without fd even and there's throw whiff indicating either no more 0f throws or 2 button throw. big meh

hard to judge games from alphas or betas but this game has a long way to go and maybe in a different direction before it looks good to me

Zand fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Nov 4, 2019

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Zand posted:

gg2020 mehh..heat knuckle and ground normals normal blockable in the air without fd even and there's throw whiff indicating either no more 0f throws or 2 button throw. big meh

Throw is 4/6D, it's still 1 button. I think it does have a whiff animation though.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dust only launches on Counter Hit...I'm getting worried guys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

chip damage can't kill, that's uh, that's sure a choice they made