Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sioux
May 30, 2006

some ghoulish parody of humanity
Yeah same happened with me and some rando on FB whose game I joined. He dropped a bunch of lvl50 stuff and I had tons of backpack space from that time on. Will do the same with an alt, should I ever make one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.

Joey Freshwater posted:

I have a level 50 FL4k and started over with Amara. I used the bank to give my Amara a bunch of lvl 50 weapons so she could sell them. I was able to upgrade a ton of stuff at lvl1 (or whatever you are when you get to Sanctuary) :sun:

The lost loot box works great for this too. Empty the lost loot box, use the lvl 50 character, pick nothing up then switch to the new character and empty the loot box. Voila, lvl 50 items.

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.
Thinking about picking this up for our 25 hour Extra Life event this weekend. What stands out as the fun, exciting character for this? I've played sirens in the past but the mech looks baller as hell.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Zane putters out a bit toward the endgame but I thought he was extremely fun on my first playthrough.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Unfortunately the mech is kind of poo poo right now but Moze as a character is fun to play. Really, they're all fun to play. I like Amara because I like doing tons of elemental damage but I can pick up any of them and have a good time.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

humpthewind posted:

The lost loot box works great for this too. Empty the lost loot box, use the lvl 50 character, pick nothing up then switch to the new character and empty the loot box. Voila, lvl 50 items.

The gun gun works a treat too, though I never really used Eridium to buy anything.

Also any guns you get through the rewards that you get that you have to go into the Social tab to claim through messages transfer to other characters as long as you don't claim them from the one that earned them.

Wizard Whateley
Apr 12, 2002

I am a bootlicking scab who loves seeing people be paid less than living wages. If the workers don't like it they should just kill themselves. Let me know who is organizing so I can report them to management. I pine for the days of the Pinkertons.
I'm starting to wonder if I'm on a fool's errand... Does anyone know if it's possible to get a legendary class mod with torgue +crit%? I've farmed an insane amount of legendaries and haven't found one yet. Only with low +torgue overall dmg or +projectile speed.

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.
Welp I didn't realize clicking a character on the selection screen would chose it, so I guess I'm a non-binary robot now! Got a lil spiderant buddy so that's neat.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Target Practice posted:

Welp I didn't realize clicking a character on the selection screen would chose it, so I guess I'm a non-binary robot now! Got a lil spiderant buddy so that's neat.

I mean it’s very easy to pick a new character if you want.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

RatHat posted:

I mean it’s very easy to pick a new character if you want.

if you don't mind rewatching the multiple minute unskippable cutscene

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Target Practice posted:

Thinking about picking this up for our 25 hour Extra Life event this weekend. What stands out as the fun, exciting character for this? I've played sirens in the past but the mech looks baller as hell.

Flak fade out is incredible

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
From everything I have seen this is true. Sadly for my Fl4k playthrough I really want to go with a pet focus, using that one tree that focuses on buffing the pet.

Not entirely sure what I will do for my Zane playthrough.

Moze is currently rocking the relic? or was it a class mod? that sets hp to 1 and adds the hp to the shield. When I get to 50 I have a level 50 of that and a level 50 of the other that let you heal shields when you would otherwise heal health. Also I have a Transformer for this level, a few other levels, and level 50 version as well. And probably a focus on Explosion tree plus a bit of the Shield tree that really helps get the most shield.

Amara is my level 50 right now, was trying to Punch things as much as possible though I had to switch to elemental for awhile. Eventually I did get the Facepuncher, though it doesn't seem to do a lot yet. Probably need to get more gear with bonuses to Punching, and with extra points into skills that increase punching. I do not have a Brawler Guard yet. Instead I have a Rough Rider that gives a bonus to melee when without shields.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Pretty late on this, but after being mildly disappointed by Outer Worlds I feel like giving BL3 a shot. What's the goon consensus on it?

I should mention that I liked BL2 a bunch, but only when playing melee Krieg, melee Zero, or anarchy Gaige. So, kinda weird fast-paced aggressive characters that one-shot everything. I find Borderlands to be excruciatingly boring as anything else, in large part due to how bullet spongey and nonreactive enemies can be. Is there anything that fits this playstyle in this game?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Vargs posted:

Pretty late on this, but after being mildly disappointed by Outer Worlds I feel like giving BL3 a shot. What's the goon consensus on it?

I should mention that I liked BL2 a bunch, but only when playing melee Krieg, melee Zero, or anarchy Gaige. So, kinda weird fast-paced aggressive characters that one-shot everything. I find Borderlands to be excruciatingly boring as anything else, in large part due to how bullet spongey and nonreactive enemies can be. Is there anything that fits this playstyle in this game?

Amara the punch-Siren is your girl, although her Brawl tree is a late-bloomer that's more focused on survivability early on. Enemies aren't nearly as spongey in this game, and you can ragdoll them for extra fun.

DreadCthulhu
Sep 17, 2008

What the fuck is up, Denny's?!
I tried to do the katagawa ball at like level 14 or 15 and that felt pretty rushed, the thing was so damage spongey, but I came back around 18-19 with a bunch of guns unlocked with golden keys and that was way better. Good reminder that the side-quests are not the worst use of time, even though they can feel as a bit of a grind, unless you're a huge fan of the lore and the writing in the game, which I personally enjoy, in some moderation.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Vargs posted:

It’s a good game you won’t regret buying it if you liked bl2

Amada has a ricochet elemental build and melee build.

Flak with a Jacobs shotgun and fade out annihilates everything

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

What's a good level 50 Fade Away build for Fl4k? The green and orange tree capstones both seem pretty decent so wondering which one I should build towards and grab.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Gotta give credit to the Tommy Wiseau quest as being the only quest to get an honest laugh out of me so far. Maybe just because I wasn't expecting it.

Unrelated, but I threw a grenade at some shield wielding bandit and he knocked it aside, which I thought was pretty cool, but it happened to fly into a psycho bandit who then baseball bat'd my grenade back at me and then I thought it was really cool. So good job devs o nthat.

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

Agent355 posted:

Gotta give credit to the Tommy Wiseau quest as being the only quest to get an honest laugh out of me so far. Maybe just because I wasn't expecting it.

The quest in Lectra City where you try to help the guy stuck in a porta-potty was the comedic highlight for me! So silly xD

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Doing a Fl4k crit sniper build and got my hands on a Headsplosion. Seems like it might be absolute BIS for this build, it's crazy helpful.

Shame I found it at level 38 so it'll be useless when I get to max level but it's a nice little glimmer of might one day be a thing.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Agent355 posted:

Unrelated, but I threw a grenade at some shield wielding bandit and he knocked it aside, which I thought was pretty cool, but it happened to fly into a psycho bandit who then baseball bat'd my grenade back at me and then I thought it was really cool. So good job devs o nthat.

The Film Buff also voices Traunt. I still really enjoyed both performances on my third playthrough, so that's something.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Agent355 posted:

I've also had skags grab my Tediore gun on a reload (where it turns into a proximity mine) and try to bring it back to me like a dog playing fetch.

Little things like that really add to the fun of this game.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

I like the Tommy quest because the guy doesn't just sound like Tommy Wiseau, he sounds like Tommy Wiseau merged with NoHo Hank from Barry.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

Shiftypenguin posted:

I've also had skags grab my Tediore gun on a reload (where it turns into a proximity mine) and try to bring it back to me like a dog playing fetch.

Little things like that really add to the fun of this game.

Never tried this with a Tediore (I totally will now!) but I’ve seen this with grenades. Downed me once or twice before I caught on.

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Agent355 posted:

Doing a Fl4k crit sniper build and got my hands on a Headsplosion. Seems like it might be absolute BIS for this build, it's crazy helpful.

Shame I found it at level 38 so it'll be useless when I get to max level but it's a nice little glimmer of might one day be a thing.

That gun is great for a crit build flak, until you pick up a rowans call or lucians call and just go into full on ricochet mode and annihilate everything surrounding your target. The headsplosion just doesn’t have the firing speed to take full advantage of flaks guerrillas in the mist.

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

MarshyMcFly posted:

That gun is great for a crit build flak, until you pick up a rowans call or lucians call and just go into full on ricochet mode and annihilate everything surrounding your target. The headsplosion just doesn’t have the firing speed to take full advantage of flaks guerrillas in the mist.

I got a few lucians calls but the damage seems kind of low - even when critting TTK is much higher than other good guns. What am I missing?

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.

Greenplastic posted:

I got a few lucians calls but the damage seems kind of low - even when critting TTK is much higher than other good guns. What am I missing?

It allows you to fire and hit multiple enemies for the entirety of fade away since it doesn't run out of bullets. Definitely my preferred way to deal with badass enemies with giant yellow armor bars

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

Greenplastic posted:

The benefit is the high number of bullets that are ricocheting to nearby enemies with a high rate of fire; The large magazine means you don't lose any time during Fade to reloading. It's for when you want to hit everything on the screen at once. You wouldn't use it to DPS a boss or single target when other guns have higher output.

I got a Rowan's call the other day though and that thing is absolutely disgusting.

Are there any SMGs worth keeping? It's not a class I tend to favor in shooters and I want to clear my bank out.

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Listerine posted:

The benefit is the high number of bullets that are ricocheting to nearby enemies with a high rate of fire; The large magazine means you don't lose any time during Fade to reloading. It's for when you want to hit everything on the screen at once. You wouldn't use it to DPS a boss or single target when other guns have higher output.

I got a Rowan's call the other day though and that thing is absolutely disgusting.

Are there any SMGs worth keeping? It's not a class I tend to favor in shooters and I want to clear my bank out.

Cutsmans and night hawkins are super good SMGs

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

Listerine posted:

Maliwan legendaries are very good for Elemental Amara. I've gotten a lot of mileage out of Tsunami, Cutsman and Devoted's of various types.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Listerine posted:

A couple of stacks of haunting with an ammo regen bonus on a Lucian's Call is obscene. It regens ammo almost as fast as it fires. I lasted about 90 seconds without reloading on Sanctuary, and it's even more absurd once you're in a place where you can actually shoot things.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

MarshyMcFly posted:

Cutsmans and night hawkins are super good SMGs

Seconded, I used a Night Hawkin for like 15 levels before I found something better.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Listerine posted:

I dig the Cloud Kill. Wish it was farmable, though.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
So when a mod/weapons says "After using Phasegrasp" (or whatever other skill) does it only apply to that starting Action skill or the other alternate Action skills in that tree as well?

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

A small thing I really appreciate in this game is that I'm pretty close to the end of the game and I'd been assuming I was going to run into typhon deleon given how much people kept talking about him. I was 100% expecting a joke gag character and it's really nice that while he's totally doing that 'not what you expected' thing he's still hyper competent and not played as a complete joke.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Megazver posted:

So when a mod/weapons says "After using Phasegrasp" (or whatever other skill) does it only apply to that starting Action skill or the other alternate Action skills in that tree as well?

From testing, associated skills should work just fine. Also, "after using Phasegrasp" counts when you point it at a wall and whiff a shot, which is hilarious and a little broken for abilities that stack.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Agent355 posted:

A small thing I really appreciate in this game is that I'm pretty close to the end of the game and I'd been assuming I was going to run into typhon deleon given how much people kept talking about him. I was 100% expecting a joke gag character and it's really nice that while he's totally doing that 'not what you expected' thing he's still hyper competent and not played as a complete joke.

I think they did a great job with different takes on "family" and "fitting in;" Typhon is a subtle part of that throughout the game. I think they made it worthwhile to dig up the logs, and I feel a little bad for people who didn't bother.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Oh also that tannis has been doing the '15 year old girl crush' on typhon since before we met him and it doesn't turn into a 'oh no he's ugly and fat I hate him now' and she just continues to crush anyway.

It's not exactly GOOD writing but it avoids some of the more tiresome tropes and I appreciate that.

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.
Is it just me or is this game harder than the other two? I'm playing Fl4k and it seems like fights take forever and my weapons are garbage, even at a low level. I just killed gigamind so I know I'm not up there level wise.

I remember being underpowered but not this bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Target Practice posted:

Is it just me or is this game harder than the other two? I'm playing Fl4k and it seems like fights take forever and my weapons are garbage, even at a low level. I just killed gigamind so I know I'm not up there level wise.

I remember being underpowered but not this bad.

Enemies are much quicker and more reactive compared to BL2, a large chunk of BL2 was spent fighting lovely Loader Bots and other Hyperion forces, CoV and Maliwan forces are a lot deadlier on average.