Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

We had rain and a windstorm with 30mph wind. And it was also around 40 degrees. Still got around 80 kids, which is less than normal but not terrible.

Speaking of which, stopped by the church today and tons of people were returning unopened things of Halloween candy. They had a shopping cart by the return counter nearly full of bags.

Oh, found a new great thing. Over by the jerky were these two packs of salami whips (like a long Slim Jim, only salami). They’re very tasty, absolutely awful for you (one whip has 21% of your daily saturated fat) and only $5 for the two pack. No idea why they’re so cheap, they seem high quality and you get quite a lot of them. All the pets in the house tried to assault me when I ate one, so it must be good stuff.

Edit: looks like amazon and world market sells one pack of the salami for around $6-$7 so Costco is totally a deal.

Lava Lamp Goddess fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Nov 2, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Lava Lamp Goddess posted:

We had rain and a windstorm with 30mph wind. And it was also around 40 degrees. Still got around 80 kids, which is less than normal but not terrible.

Speaking of which, stopped by the church today and tons of people were returning unopened things of Halloween candy. They had a shopping cart by the return counter nearly full of bags.

Oh, found a new great thing. Over by the jerky were these two packs of salami whips (like a long Slim Jim, only salami). They’re very tasty, absolutely awful for you (one whip has 21% of your daily saturated fat) and only $5 for the two pack. No idea why they’re so cheap, they seem high quality and you get quite a lot of them. All the pets in the house tried to assault me when I ate one, so it must be good stuff.

Edit: looks like amazon and world market sells one pack of the salami for around $6-$7 so Costco is totally a deal.

Got a name for that meat?

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

canyoneer posted:

90% of the candy my kids got is from the costco candy bags.
I should order something weird to make it interesting for the kids that trick or treat at my house

i was really disappointed costco didn't have bottlecaps, butterfingers, gobstoppers, or any of the weird misc. candies

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Got a name for that meat?

Piller's Old Forest Salami Whips from the brand Black Kassel. Here’s the listing on World Market’s website: https://www.worldmarket.com/product/pillers-old-forest-salami-whips.do

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Relevant Tangent posted:

i was really disappointed costco didn't have bottlecaps, butterfingers, gobstoppers, or any of the weird misc. candies

wanna be the guy that gives out weird candy
maybe even the weird gross ones that got traded last

like those orange and purple peanutbutter rock-hard "taffys" that'd you have in your stash months later, even after the candy corn has been eaten, and chalky necco wafers: the "candy" that would survive nuclear winter unchanged (same company)
maybe some candy dots
and those suckers with a whistle for a stem (it's like giving your nephew a kiddie drumset but inflicted on a lot more people!)
and some Razzlers (that candy that turns into gum!)

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Lava Lamp Goddess posted:

Piller's Old Forest Salami Whips from the brand Black Kassel. Here’s the listing on World Market’s website: https://www.worldmarket.com/product/pillers-old-forest-salami-whips.do

Cool! I'll keep an eye out for those

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Candy dots are terrible. I don't like eating paper.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Candy dots are terrible. I don't like eating paper.

Its fiber

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost
One of the cooler ideas I heard for halloween was glow bracelets, you can get a pack of 100 for $10 (Though I'm not sure if that was at Costco or just online)

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

I liked the idea of giving out tiny packs of playdoh. You can get them at Costco as well!

large hands
Jan 24, 2006
pbuc

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

hey it's me your friend, invite me to your house for fancy cheese and wine

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
It'd be funny if Costco sold the wine shrink wrapped to a board like the cheese too

Heffer
May 1, 2003

DarkHorse posted:

One of the cooler ideas I heard for halloween was glow bracelets, you can get a pack of 100 for $10 (Though I'm not sure if that was at Costco or just online)

I'm looking at alibaba and they have a ton of slap bracelet options for cheap if you can take the lead time. Probably make parents of a certain age go wild too.

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

priznat posted:

It'd be funny if Costco sold the wine shrink wrapped to a board like the cheese too

Wish they sold wine in BC Costco :(

I'm excited for the truffle cheese, I had a soft cheese called truffle tremor once that was insane

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

large hands posted:

Wish they sold wine in BC Costco :(

I'm excited for the truffle cheese, I had a soft cheese called truffle tremor once that was insane

:same: having a good costco booze selection here would be awesome

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

priznat posted:

Whenever we go to Maui we hit Costco before anywhere else and it's like the promised land with bountiful booze and poke

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Went to Costco with a buddy for moral support since Sunday is Thunderdome day and he doesn't go often. It wasn't bad at all really. Parking lot packed but the lines weren't bad. It's a HUGE advantage not using a cart. He just needed socks. I found the 32 Heat base layers so I picked up another 2 pack and got some slippers. I usually buy house slippers with soles once per year but couldn't find any last year but Costco abides.

What I didn't need when I went there was a laptop. I bought a laptop. :shrug: I wanted one that I could fit in my sling backpack to take with me to coffee shops or wherever and what I'm typing on now is a gaming laptop which is a bit too big. I used my Kindle before but that was just too small. It was $300 and they had 4 left in stock and they weren't getting any more in. Eh, gently caress it. I have the money to spare. Now I just need to find a use for it. Buy first, justify purchase after.

Oh, we also got our communion. He picked up the tab for me going with him. PBUC

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

I just put money in the Magic Fingers!

I was really disappointed in that cheese from years past. I threw most of it out.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
Yeah it’s unfortunately not amazing. That spiced rubbed one on the right is the best.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
Does anyone have any experience with this chair and backup cam coming up on sale? Probably won't get the latter because my car is a 2001 accord that's falling apart, but the chair seems to be ok and mine could use replacing

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

Gravitee posted:

I was really disappointed in that cheese from years past. I threw most of it out.

I'll have to report back, but I'm sure i can use them for cooking if they're not amazing by themselves.

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

"gaming" chairs are typically complete junk but if costco is selling it I don't think it can really be that bad, try it out.

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

Also I haven't seen those stroopwaffels at any costco around me, perhaps they don't carry them in the chicago area.

secular woods sex
Aug 1, 2000
I dispense wisdom by the gallon.

Slider posted:

Also I haven't seen those stroopwaffels at any costco around me, perhaps they don't carry them in the chicago area.
They were at the Ashland & 15th one last week.

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

The tuscan hand rubbed fontina is the best cheese.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

priznat posted:

I wish my Costco sold liquor

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
What makes a chair a gaming chair?

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

It's more expensive

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

its a racecar seat

but for gaming

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Renegret posted:

It's more expensive

Yeah. Figured.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

It's cheaper and lower quality than a real office chair which costs a thousand minimum, but much flashier.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Find a nice used Steelcase task chair off craigslist for $50 and be very happy with your good chair

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

shovelbum posted:

It's cheaper and lower quality than a real office chair which costs a thousand minimum, but much flashier.

Yeah it's this. If you're going to cheap on an office chair get one from Ikea that people seem to like. Otherwise if you sit on your rear end for a significant amount of time then everything is garbage till you get toward 1000 dollars.

No this isn't hyperbole and no it isn't an exaggeration. Ergonomics is real and my friend.

Edit
Or yeah do what you SHOULD do and buy one of those 1000 chairs used for pennies on the dollar.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Slider posted:

"gaming" chairs are typically complete junk but if costco is selling it I don't think it can really be that bad, try it out.

tbf i have no idea what makes a gaming chair but i dont have $1000 to spend on herman miller aereon steelcase chairs and people are way too savvy here to throw them out in liquidation and poo poo here and a bunch of people whose dedicated gig-job it is to pick poo poo like steelcase up for cheap and resell. just something that's comfy, adjustable, and has good support and lasts up to 5 years is fine.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

I bought a bunch of clothes from costco online, then took the two things I didn’t like back. Then while I was taking them back I bought a down jacket

Also I got a nintendo card for 10% off that was p cool

I like Costco

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost
Has anybody here who is crapping on gaming chairs actually sat in a gaming chair? I haven't but there was one guy in D&D who said that they were really comfortable, but lamented the styling. They are made out of surplus car seats, apparently.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

silence_kit posted:

Has anybody here who is crapping on gaming chairs actually sat in a gaming chair? I haven't but there was one guy in D&D who said that they were really comfortable, but lamented the styling. They are made out of surplus car seats, apparently.

It isn't that they aren't comfortable, it's that they aren't built to last. The fancy expensive steelcase etc chairs last actual decades. That's before you even approaching ergonomics.

Re: automotive seats, that's an inexpensive way to get an office chair that will last, put a used car seat on the spinny bit from a lovely office chair. People do that.

Math You
Oct 27, 2010

So put your faith
in more than steel
Need the bolstered sides in my gaming chair so I don't slide out while I'm writhing in anger because they made a character show less cleavage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Xaris posted:

tbf i have no idea what makes a gaming chair but i dont have $1000 to spend on herman miller aereon steelcase chairs and people are way too savvy here to throw them out in liquidation and poo poo here and a bunch of people whose dedicated gig-job it is to pick poo poo like steelcase up for cheap and resell. just something that's comfy, adjustable, and has good support and lasts up to 5 years is fine.

Aerons own and pretty much wherever they exist you'll find a maintenance guy that fixes up damaged ones from his workplace and sells them cheap on the side. I got mine on craiglist for $150 years ago and the only maintenance I've performed is replacing a $1 armrest bolt