Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

oh but seriously I posted:

got obsessed with the concept of skeletor and so i watched this very gay children's show. p. good, favourite moment was the <1 second shot of the imp kicking hodark in the shin and expressing "ffs man, don't be a dick" in a worldless shriek

The best part was that Hordak 100% got the wordless shriek message :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.
This is very cool: https://twitter.com/DreamWorksSheRa/status/1186360252125646849

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Holy loving poo poo that is AWESOME

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

she ra continues to bring about the SJW agenda to normalize gender and sexuality diversity

excellent

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

I don't know who that is but I'm super happy for them and very excited for Double Trouble.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I'm so glad Double Trouble is as campy and extra as I hoped they'd be

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

T-man posted:

she ra continues to bring about the SJW agenda to normalize gender and sexuality diversity

excellent

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juIipTTY1Vo

New trailer is pretty good. :allears:

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDsmVr82kWk

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I like how Bow’s smart jacket shows off his abs. Which are never drawn.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbfkhjlF-YU

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
Very pumped for the new season, plus it looks like there will be more swift wind so that's awesome. My daughter loves the show. Most of our friends with kids aren't white and she goes to a korean daycare so there is very little white representation in her life (this will obviously change when she gets.older) so she freaked out when she saw Adora
She kept pointing at Adora and then at herself and saying "me!" It was a powerful case for inclusion in.media.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
Oh my gosh the new season comes out already? Was the wait longer between the previous ones or something?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Last season aired early August, so only 3 months ago.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
No I mean what was the wait between 1-2 and 2-3?

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Shadow Weaver going for the psychological abuse high score. You gotta respect the commitment. :shepface:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Captain Oblivious posted:

Shadow Weaver going for the psychological abuse high score. You gotta respect the commitment. :shepface:

It's not subtle given she's literally a parasite who leeches all her power from others.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

No I mean what was the wait between 1-2 and 2-3?

Premiere dates:
S1 - Nov 13 2018
S2 - April 26 2019
S3 - August 2 2019

The show hasn’t even a year old.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!
I thought they were all already made up until episode 50 or something? So technically this schedule is pretty slow.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Gotta admit I have a few complaints mostly with the tone, which I think has been mentioned; it's not clear how seriously we're supposed to take the threat of the Horde and how much peril people are really in day to day. That the Horde is shown with clearly dysfunctional and incompetent leadership at least explains a lot. It might be one of those things they can settle on later, at least. I feel a bit spoiled by Avatar.

Other thing is that a lot of characters outside the Horde and the Best Friend Squad, mostly the other princesses, are pretty underdeveloped. And in the case of the ice princess at least, inconsistent, it's a little hard to square her original appearance with how she came back and was suddenly Ice Toph.

I suppose they can probably fix both of those later on if they can pick a tone and stick with it, and give the other characters enough focus to develop a bit more. Comes off as a bit too much like throwing in extra characters to make sure their toys are advertised, but the toyline might not even be a thing yet.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Ah, gotta love perfectly cromulent advice given creepily. If anyone else had said "You've got the potential to be greater than your parents, but you're not them and you need to take the path that suits you" it would have been just fine.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Elfface posted:

Ah, gotta love perfectly cromulent advice given creepily. If anyone else had said "You've got the potential to be greater than your parents, but you're not them and you need to take the path that suits you" it would have been just fine.

I mean, it's pretty well established that Shadow Weaver has absolutely no concept of healthy relationships, given, y'know, Adora and Catra. She does slightly better with Glimmer because she actually has a similar enough skillset that Shadow Weaver can give direct advice and tutelage with, but she still only really knows 'creepy manipulative supervillain' mode.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Shadow Weaver owns because I still don't know if I trust her or not. And her voice actress knocks it out of the park with every line.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Elephant Ambush posted:

Shadow Weaver owns because I still don't know if I trust her or not. And her voice actress knocks it out of the park with every line.

Same, it’s like you’re constantly waiting for the other shoe to drop and everyone being all ‘curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal’.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Come on tomorrow come onnnnnnnnnn

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!
Is Hordak blushing???

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

CaptainCrunch posted:

Is Hordak blushing???

Tsundak. :colbert:

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!

I hate that I know what that means.

Ironslave
Aug 8, 2006

Corpse runner

The_Doctor posted:

Same, it’s like you’re constantly waiting for the other shoe to drop and everyone being all ‘curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal’.

I get the impression that Shadow Weaver is a character who is solely on her side. So long as it benefits her more to remain within the Alliance--and it does, since her bridge with the Horde has been fairly burned and she is being given the chance to play vizier from a lack of options--I think she will.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

CaptainCrunch posted:

Is Hordak blushing???

Bet you can’t guess what Imp said to cause it!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Ironslave posted:

I get the impression that Shadow Weaver is a character who is solely on her side. So long as it benefits her more to remain within the Alliance--and it does, since her bridge with the Horde has been fairly burned and she is being given the chance to play vizier from a lack of options--I think she will.

I was gonna say pretty much that, Shadow Weaver is on Shadow Weaver's side. It depends on what Angella figures what to do with her; indefinite imprisonment might honestly be the best option presuming she doesn't do executions, since releasing or banishing her would probably bite them in the butt in the long run. And you'd think a Catra's Horde would be just as hostile to her as Hordak's, but say it with me everybody...

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Taear posted:

I thought they were all already made up until episode 50 or something? So technically this schedule is pretty slow.

They're written, and voices recorded, until episode 52. That's the end of the order and probably the show. They're releasing them as they finish the animation.

KenjiKaizoku
Oct 21, 2008
Oh hey, would ya look at that, Season 4 is officially available to stream! Brb, gonna gay-out for the next few hours.

Aphra Bane
Oct 3, 2013

Scorpia in the new credits :(
Looking forward to her (hopefully) severing with Katra this season

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Shadow Weaver is a definite "the ends justify the means", but while we're drat sure what the means are, we have only hints at what her ends truly are.

She's damned good at putting the viewer through the ropes and it's kind of my favorite sort of antagonist, the kind you need to keep close while knowing it will hurt you in the process.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Of course Scorpia would protect Emily :3:

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

My thoughts on the three episodes I’ve watched so far, which were the last three:

- Entrapta :3:
- Jumanji Micah
- Hordak crying when he found out Catra played him hurt me
- Double Trouble killing it in those heels
- Prime looks like Hordak hosed the twins from Matrix Reloaded
- seriously why is his face like that
-While I acknowledge she is a well-written and complex character GOD I HATE CATRA

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

The changes to the transformation animation in episode 3 are great.

TheShadowAvatar
Nov 25, 2004

Ain't Nothing But A Family Thing

Good episodes. I liked them and want to see the end now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aristide
Sep 2, 2011

Mysterious Cat Country

Thank goodness I have tonight off because I marathoned all of s4. This series just has such well writen and compelling characters. No one is wholly good or evil.

Except Scorpia.

Also I want a real Spinnerella/Netossa kiss, Dreamworks you cowards!