Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

I somehow unlocked Krueger despite doing exactly 0 executions ever. I didn’t even know they existed. Unless knife kills automatically count?

Sometimes regular melee counts, and executions in campaign supposedly count too.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Nov 4, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I like to tell myself I'm a special snowflake aka "not one of the bad ones" cause I appear to be the only person on earth who actually uses the sawed off variant of the 725, which makes it's effective range like 20 feet lol.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
Don't ever feel bad about using the 725. It is a game wherein your goal is to kill other people and people are going to kill you too.

Call of Duty has always been a game where if you spot an enemy before they spot you, you have a massive advantage. Getting left clicked out of existence with double barrel shotgun is no different than getting left clicked out of existence with something like the AX-50 or whatever the 50-cal sniper is.

The M4 absolutely outclassing every other rifle is a much larger problem with the game's balance.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

veni veni veni posted:

I like to tell myself I'm a special snowflake aka "not one of the bad ones" cause I appear to be the only person on earth who actually uses the sawed off variant of the 725, which makes it's effective range like 20 feet lol.

I've seen a few of those around, so take heart; you're not alone

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

I've seen others using it, but I think the reason you don't see more is that (as cool as it might look) there's nothing a sawed off 725 does in that range that the other shotguns don't also do, and generally in a substantially more forgiving manner

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
I'm still gonna use the 725 religiously, gently caress whiny camping pubbies. Check your corners, trash rear end scrub.

What they need to actually fix is the M4 being so good nobody uses any other AR

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

Protocol7 posted:

The M4 absolutely outclassing every other rifle is a much larger problem with the game's balance.

i must be a weirdo then, cause I find zero joy in using the obvious meta gun like the M4/M13, which are just both ludicrous from the get go, no need to grind attachments/variants

i've had way more fun grinding and actually getting "descent" using all the non-American blueprint guns

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
The riot shield really needs to be a OHK at least from the rear. Or give me a perk or some kind of attachment to make it a OHK. I always found the people who complained the shield was a OHK to be giant babies because they want to punish me when they are the ones who couldn't kill me before I got a chance to get close enough to bash them.

I've already got about 10 kills with it, but it should be more like 2 dozen.

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

I like when people compare being shot by a sniper rifle from 40m to being 1shot by a shotgun at 40m, as if the shotgun isn’t being fired from the hip, and has 2 shots back to back.

Also the shotguns are inevitably being used to camp just as much as m4s are, so it’s not like your being rewarded for an aggressive strategy.

If you really want to counter campers, shoot an rpg at every window you’re even vaguely suspicious of and you’ll get a kill at least a third of the time

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

vivisectvnv posted:

i must be a weirdo then, cause I find zero joy in using the obvious meta gun like the M4/M13, which are just both ludicrous from the get go, no need to grind attachments/variants

i've had way more fun grinding and actually getting "descent" using all the non-American blueprint guns

Oh for sure, definitely play the game and have fun with all the guns. Playing with dumb loadouts is the best part of a COD game.

Bitching about getting killed by a shotgun at CQC ranges is weird when someone with an M4 can down you from across the map with little effort.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

LGD posted:

I've seen others using it, but I think the reason you don't see more is that (as cool as it might look) there's nothing a sawed off 725 does in that range that the other shotguns don't also do, and generally in a substantially more forgiving manner

Well, you get a much faster fire rate on those two shots than with the other 2 shotguns, so if I miss the first shot nbd, and the mobility is equal to a pistol, so you get to juke around quicker than everyone else. I find myself winning close quarters shotgun skirmishes the vast majority of the time with it. The downside is that if you run face first into more than 1 or two people, you are bound to die during the reload, even with sleight of hand.

If the semi auto has a sawed off variant I might actually look into leveling that for the extra shots.

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

Protocol7 posted:

Oh for sure, definitely play the game and have fun with all the guns. Playing with dumb loadouts is the best part of a COD game.

Bitching about getting killed by a shotgun at CQC ranges is weird when someone with an M4 can down you from across the map with little effort.

:agreed:

was the riot shield also a giant loving cheat code in the last MW, or will it be an obvious nerf next patch?

right now with how the loving knife throwing mechanic works and the speed you have with it, it might as well be the loving body force field/shield from Dune

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Trying to use the GS 50 is an experience. If you one tap the head, fine. It's very unlikely you will survive long enough to make the second shot.

Would be nice if the ADS speed was better and the hip fire is garbage

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Also, I returned to the Odin and got it to around lvl 25 last night and I think it's my favorite AR atm. Is it the best? Probably not. But it's more fun to use than the long range laser SMGs. Every kill you get with it feels brutal. It's so loud and beefy.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

How does Demolition mode work?
Does everyone have bombs?
Are there only 2 and if they defuse you're hosed?
It's mentioned prior and got me curious.

veni veni veni posted:

Also, I returned to the Odin and got it to around lvl 25 last night and I think it's my favorite AR atm. Is it the best? Probably not. But it's more fun to use than the long range laser SMGs. Every kill you get with it feels brutal. It's so loud and beefy.

Odin is joyous and chunky.
Never look back.
Try it in Hardcore (the superior mode).

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Protocol7 posted:

Don't ever feel bad about using the 725. It is a game wherein your goal is to kill other people and people are going to kill you too.

Call of Duty has always been a game where if you spot an enemy before they spot you, you have a massive advantage. Getting left clicked out of existence with double barrel shotgun is no different than getting left clicked out of existence with something like the AX-50 or whatever the 50-cal sniper is.

Eh, that second bit is questionable given the spotty netcode in this. Been having a lot of killcams where I put a few rounds in somebody, but on their screen I don't get a shot off and I'm way out of position.

Shotguns are at the bottom of the barrel in terms of broken poo poo in this game, but they'll likely get the nerf bat first because of the ~*e sportz*~ crowd baying for blood because how loving dare a shotgun be useful in one of these games since... MW2? Blops 2 maybe?

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Capn Beeb posted:

Eh, that second bit is questionable given the spotty netcode in this. Been having a lot of killcams where I put a few rounds in somebody, but on their screen I don't get a shot off and I'm way out of position.

Netcode stuff

This is the worst with Shields I think, an issue shared by R6 Siege - wherein shield positioning for you vs them is never in synch, and it gets you shot in extremely bullshit ways on a regular basis.
Still, the bashing knife tossing rocket man is fun.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Lightweight suppressor - 25% damage range reduction
Tactical suppressor - 1ADS frame slower, negligible ADS sway
Monolithic suppressor - 7% damage range increase, 1ADS frame slower, noticeable ADS sway

Looks like tactical is the suppressor of choice.

Everyone shows up on UAV when firing regardless of ghost or suppressor :raise:

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

I enjoyed HC TD, HC Dom, and HC Hq

Also, side note:

Apologies to the guys I was playing with last night for disappearing. Not my call.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

DarkDobe posted:

This is the worst with Shields I think, an issue shared by R6 Siege - wherein shield positioning for you vs them is never in synch, and it gets you shot in extremely bullshit ways on a regular basis.
Still, the bashing knife tossing rocket man is fun.

Yeah I've had a few deaths where I felt like I had good coverage but the kill cam shows some body part sticking out.

Also, I'm a messenger in real life, so I prefer to be a bashing package tossing delivery man (I haven't unlocked the RPG yet. Work never ends.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I've been starting to feel like aggressive play is way more viable lately. Unlocking stims, shotguns actually being good, Dead silence actually working now, and my familiarity with the maps growing has been a big part of that. All of my best rounds lately have been me sprinting around the urban maps indoors and blasting campers without ever stopping. I just have to ignore the urge to cross any major LOS areas unless I absolutely have to. I just try to keep the walls on my side.

I'm honestly not that good at this game and usually average 8-20 kills in a normal to good round, sometimes less than that in a lovely round, but every round I've had lately where I was pushing 30 kills was the direct result of just running around like a maniac. I don't think people expect it at all atm which makes it all the more fun.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

DarkDobe posted:

How does Demolition mode work?
Does everyone have bombs?
Are there only 2 and if they defuse you're hosed?
It's mentioned prior and got me curious.

In previous call of duty games Demolition was how you padded your kd because attacker spawns were completely fixed to one side of the map. You could have the entire team literally in the enemy spawn site and there was nothing they could do about it.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

vivisectvnv posted:

:agreed:

was the riot shield also a giant loving cheat code in the last MW, or will it be an obvious nerf next patch?

right now with how the loving knife throwing mechanic works and the speed you have with it, it might as well be the loving body force field/shield from Dune

This is the best the riot shield has ever been by a large margin. In the last MW you couldn’t face people head on, you had to turned slightly or else the shield wouldn’t cover you fully. They’ve made it a hell of a lot easier to move up on people in this one.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

TMMadman posted:

The riot shield really needs to be a OHK at least from the rear. Or give me a perk or some kind of attachment to make it a OHK. I always found the people who complained the shield was a OHK to be giant babies because they want to punish me when they are the ones who couldn't kill me before I got a chance to get close enough to bash them.

I've already got about 10 kills with it, but it should be more like 2 dozen.

If you're not executing when you get a rear chance with the riot shield what are you even doing here?

TMMadman posted:

Yeah I've had a few deaths where I felt like I had good coverage but the kill cam shows some body part sticking out.

Also, I'm a messenger in real life, so I prefer to be a bashing package tossing delivery man (I haven't unlocked the RPG yet. Work never ends.

C4 is good too. It's like a combo of Claymore and Knife Juggler since the C4 can do both just slightly worse.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Carecat posted:

Monolithic suppressor - 7% damage range increase, 1ADS frame slower, noticeable ADS sway

Interesting, I thought I was doing worse with the monolithic suppressor but I assumed that was just placebo. I'll have to try the tactical or light on mp5.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Aphrodite posted:

If you're not executing when you get a rear chance with the riot shield what are you even doing here?

C4 is good too. It's like a combo of Claymore and Knife Juggler since the C4 can do both just slightly worse.

I forget about the executions a lot, but they are also kind of dumb because it's literally the slowest way in the game to kill someone. And you aren't even protected during the animation. Also I find it very jarring visually in the middle of a match.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

TMMadman posted:

I forget about the executions a lot, but they are also kind of dumb because it's literally the slowest way in the game to kill someone. And you aren't even protected during the animation. Also I find it very jarring visually in the middle of a match.

Good points but also have you ever heard how angry people get on the rage mic when you do one?

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
I don't know what it is today but Headquarters is loving infuriating. Just 725 in the killfeed non stop. Played a game today where I just had to alt f4 after shooting someone directly in the back with the 680, seeing the hit markers and them just turning around to pop me. I hope they put the new game modes in soon just to have something a bit more focused than dom/tdm but that doesn't make you wanna strangle all the cunts.

Sultan Tarquin fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Nov 4, 2019

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Executions are for when the pubbie passes right by you and doesnt see, you're in a building, and you want somebody to call you the n word over headset

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

My big galaxy spirit brain belief is that playing with a gun you enjoy is far more important than playing with one you feel you need to use. If you want to use a sawed-off, use it, you'll do better. If the only SMG you're interested in is the P-90, that's your SMG. Follow your Murder Heart.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Carecat posted:

Do they? I tested this with a buddy in a private match and suppressors kept us off the radar.aaaaa

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Black Griffon posted:

My big galaxy spirit brain belief is that playing with a gun you enjoy is far more important than playing with one you feel you need to use. If you want to use a sawed-off, use it, you'll do better. If the only SMG you're interested in is the P-90, that's your SMG. Follow your Murder Heart.

Not only this, but also if you start to get bored with a gun just ditch it and use something else and you'll probably do better because you'll be having fun with something new. Regardless of how good you think the gun you are using is. I always do better when I'm having fun. most of my bad rounds are when I'm mad and annoyed at the game. If I'm doing lovely anyways, and I don't have the sense to just turn the game off, I might as well try some new gun and enjoy the novelty.

I used nothing but the M4 for the first week and it was the least I enjoyed the game. As I realized it was was going to take weeks to unlock everything for it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Black Griffon posted:

I use the Bizon because it looks like a spray painted Super Soaker.

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
My weapon of choice is the Uzi with gas nades and c4s. I play as a speeding objective goblin. Definitely need to have consistent headshots to win duels tho

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

I use the Bizon because it looks like a spray painted Super Soaker.

Bizon is cool and fun. I wish the AK wasn't such a late unlock, though.

Have any of y'all not been receiving XP after a match lately? It happened a few times last night.

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
life is short - play hard

veni veni veni posted:

I've been starting to feel like aggressive play is way more viable lately. Unlocking stims, shotguns actually being good, Dead silence actually working now, and my familiarity with the maps growing has been a big part of that. All of my best rounds lately have been me sprinting around the urban maps indoors and blasting campers without ever stopping. I just have to ignore the urge to cross any major LOS areas unless I absolutely have to. I just try to keep the walls on my side.

I'm honestly not that good at this game and usually average 8-20 kills in a normal to good round, sometimes less than that in a lovely round, but every round I've had lately where I was pushing 30 kills was the direct result of just running around like a maniac. I don't think people expect it at all atm which makes it all the more fun.

That’s interestingly my observation as well. I am too old to compete with the 15-30 year old regs and I despise playing this like Unreal Tournament or Quake 3 DM in 1999 and running and gunning around (like I was when I was mid 20 years old), always sprinting and doing 90 and then 180 degree aiming snaps whenever I enter or leave indoor areas but it works better for me as well. The amount of sitting ducks I was able to shot in their face down there was hilarious :allears:

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
The best smg (other than the mp5 ofc) is actually the p90 cuz you can make it look exactly like the P90s from Stargate

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
I have a persistent green dot on my Weapons tab but I can't find anything I haven't highlighted. How do I find it?

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I was literally just about to post that I've been hopelessly bound to the P90 in any game ever since I first saw Stargate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

WattsvilleBlues posted:

I have a persistent green dot on my Weapons tab but I can't find anything I haven't highlighted. How do I find it?

It's for a weapon you've yet to unlock.