Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

I'm guessing that in the year since release they haven't changed the mission scoring-system so that it isn't insane and tedious to consider mastering?

Inspector Gesicht fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Nov 5, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

junan_paalla posted:

My friend said the game's over 100gb, can anyone confirm?

Yeah it’s 109gb, no word yet on whether there’ll be a day 0 patch, or even what it’ll need to unlock. Given that Rockstar didn’t even bother giving a release time until 9 hours after some folks should’ve been playing, I’m not super hopeful

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

One nice thing about the Rockstar launcher - I'm getting over double the download speeds I typically get from Steam.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
Last minute decision time for me.

How OP are some of these pre order bonuses? I'm trying to talk myself into getting this, since I've waited a year to play it but I'm honestly not convinced the free upgrade from Rockstar is worth it. I've got a few buddies going in blind like I am and I seriously doubt the online component will be a selling point for any of us other than a week of fuckoffery.

After seeing GTAV price drop after it's PC launch, knowing its jank as hell Rockstar controls, I just can't muster the oh my god feeling for some reason.

Givin fucked around with this message at 13:47 on Nov 5, 2019

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?
The bonus that extends your tracking vision is incredibly useful. It's why I have the premium edition of the game on PC and Xbox.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy
I mean you might as well get the Special Edition since it's a free upgrade from the base game. The Ultimate Edition extras are really just for multiplayer so if you don't plan to play it, then just stick with the Special Edition. Assuming you can still get it as a free upgrade.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
Yeah, pretty dumb question on my part now that I think about it. I didn't see the compare editions link on the pre order page and that told me what the difference was.

Snaked in a pre order just in time.

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?
Download and Decrypt starting now. Restart the Rockstar client.

edit: It took about 15 minutes to decrypt on a Samsung Evo 860 M.2

LASER BEAM DREAM fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Nov 5, 2019

Deketh
Feb 26, 2006
That's a nice fucking fish
Dangit the launcher just reset my download progress, back to 5gb it goes. This is seriously delaying my howdying

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

I am pretty happy that I came home during lunch break for the Nvidia driver, because decrypting is taking a loooong time. If I left it for after work I'd be cursing at the screen for 30-60 minutes or so, I guess, since it took 10 minutes just to decrypt 20GB out of 109GB

I got the special edition + free LA Noire directly from Rockstar, as it was the same price everywhere else (maybe I could have saved 5€? LA Noire alone is worth much more than that to me), but didn't spring for the extra 15€ for the Ultimate edition, I hope I won't miss the multiplayer perks and freebies too much (I'm focusing on singleplayer anyway, plan on messing around online a bit but not make it my main focus at least for now)

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
It’s about a 20 minute decrypt for me, currently at 80/109 and it’s been going for 13 minutes. Although people on reddit are saying there’s a 3gb patch to download as well, rip in peace my bandwidth for the month

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

What kinda settings do you guys think I'll be able to run this at with an i5 2500k + gtx 1060 6gb?

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

Frankston posted:

What kinda settings do you guys think I'll be able to run this at with an i5 2500k + gtx 1060 6gb?

Nobody has played it yet.

You have the minimum processor and recommended video card, so probably like 1080p30, but with high graphics settings?

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Frankston posted:

Does the GTX 1060 support Nvidia's BallsWorks™ ? Horse testicles physics can be quite resource-intensive

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Nobody knows how well optimised it is either, so it could be GTAV level quality, or it could be GTA IV level quality :v:

And yes - there’s an extra 3gb to download once decrypting finishes. Another 20 minutes to wait!

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I got a 1080TI and 16 gigs of RAM, so I think I'm set to crank this fucker to ultra. Oh my god this is taking forever to get going though.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods
Welp can’t even get to the main menu, game just crashes to desktop after 5 seconds every time...

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

Welp can’t even get to the main menu, game just crashes to desktop after 5 seconds every time...

:rockstar:

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

I’m in, howdy pardners

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy
I'm still decrypting. It is taking way too long. :suicide:

CaptainAssholay
May 23, 2001

Don't Think
The speed at which this game loads compared to GTA V is loving hilarious. GTA V I have to go do something while waiting for it to load and join a server. This took 30 seconds.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

Phew, resolved this by disabling Avast anti virus, in case anyone else runs into this.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

I’m in, howdy pardners

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

webmeister posted:

I’m in, howdy pardners

the fact that someone in australia has faster internet than me is depressing

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This is my second time, is there a decent online map for finding all the hidden goodies and stuff so I don’t have to deal with that again?

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
life is short - play hard
DX12 benchmark on Ultra Settings plus MSAA*2 and additionally everyting manually set on Ultra/Max because the preset does NOT put everything on Maximum:

55 fps average on 2560*1440 and 4800 MB VRAM on a 2080Ti Zotac non oc and 9900K non oc.

Visually stunning, truly next gen graphics. I played this on the PS4 pro, where it was beautiful as well, but the PC Version maxed it out of contest, as expected.

ladd
Aug 14, 2004

Taintrunner posted:

This is my second time, is there a decent online map for finding all the hidden goodies and stuff so I don’t have to deal with that again?

I used https://rdr2map.com/ for my Xbone Play through (make sure you sign up and regularly save your progress).

ladd
Aug 14, 2004
Double post.

ladd fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Nov 5, 2019

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

I'm running a 1080TI and a 9800k and I'm getting some disappointing results. 30fps or so @ 1440p everything on ultra.

Can anyone check the performance tab of task manager while running? My GPU is only getting up to 30% and my CPU is only getting to 20% or so, really weird.

MR.B
Mar 15, 2007

I am the Owl
I'd like to play, but Rockstar launcher just crashes when I launch the game...

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Frankston posted:

I'm playing it on high settings on a laptop with a GTX 1060. I'm sure I can do some tweaking later to increase a few parameters to ultra but it takes time

It should run fine for you

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
Doeos anyone know if rockstar's lovely launcher has ps4 dualshock 4 controller compatibility like Steam? I'll probably want to switch between that and mouse/keyboard like I do with GTA.

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009
US Goon shocked and appalled to find that world is a dirty, unjust place

Decrypting at 40%, Lookin' foreward to Howdy'in y'all later :clint:

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

MR.B posted:

I'd like to play, but Rockstar launcher just crashes when I launch the game...

Someone up thread had a similar issue. Disabling their antivirus (in this case, Avast) temporarily allowed them to launch the game.

davebo posted:

Doeos anyone know if rockstar's lovely launcher has ps4 dualshock 4 controller compatibility like Steam? I'll probably want to switch between that and mouse/keyboard like I do with GTA.

I went looking for the answer to this on reddit but didn't see it in a cursory glance. If GTA on PC has support for it, I imagine they would do the same for Red Dead too.

Downloading the 3GB now but I also have to make some phone calls, which is fine. I can spend the time on hold making my lady look amazing. Come join us on the Discord if you haven't already: https://discord.gg/yRkJgbk

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
drat, game looks incredible on my ultrawide desktop. Bummer the cutscenes are 16:9, but whatever.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Anyone else having issues with the game freezing? I’ll be playing fine for a few minutes and then everything will freeze up for a few seconds. The sound keeps going but the visuals freeze, then eventually it recovers and keeps going. Until the next time it freezes.

What I’ve played so far has been great otherwise, just wish I could stop it freezing!

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted

webmeister posted:

Anyone else having issues with the game freezing? I’ll be playing fine for a few minutes and then everything will freeze up for a few seconds. The sound keeps going but the visuals freeze, then eventually it recovers and keeps going. Until the next time it freezes.

yeah same

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

It’s happening worse in cut scenes which doesn’t make any sense, the first couple of shoot-outs have been fine

Gooch181
Jan 1, 2008

The Gooch
I'm getting the launcher crash when I attempt to launch the game, my only AV is windows defender and I added both the game and launcher as exceptions. Updated nvidia driver, re verified through rockstar launcher. Nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
I've contacted Rockstar support about the startup bug and they replied with, "Yes, lots of people are having this problem, please stay calm we are trying to fix this." An excellent start.