Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Apollo
Jan 1, 2013

webmeister posted:

Anyone else having issues with the game freezing? I’ll be playing fine for a few minutes and then everything will freeze up for a few seconds. The sound keeps going but the visuals freeze, then eventually it recovers and keeps going. Until the next time it freezes.

What I’ve played so far has been great otherwise, just wish I could stop it freezing!

I'm having the same issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Good luck with the beta test, see ya'll next month

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

I wonder if the tedious slow gameplay is more fun on a PC. Either way, enjoy the slow burn of the beginning few hours!

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

e: double post, thanks forums

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Was hoping to just jump straight into online, but it is either not up yet for PC or you need to do a certain amount of the single player first?

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?

Taintrunner posted:

drat, game looks incredible on my ultrawide desktop. Bummer the cutscenes are 16:9, but whatever.

Right? I was only able to play for about 30 minutes, but I thought for sure they would run the cut-scenes fullscreen at 3440x1400.

Autistic Speculum
Apr 9, 2009

webmeister posted:

It’s happening worse in cut scenes which doesn’t make any sense, the first couple of shoot-outs have been fine

I'm having the same issue. I tried switching from Vulcan to DX12, Fullscreen, Windowed, Windowed Borderless, vsync on and off. No luck yet. Looks like it's happening to a lot of other people also.
i5-7600k
1060 6gb
SSD.
I also am using a a G-Sync on a FreeSync monitor. Hope that isn't the issue.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
Played the first hour, game was fun. No crashes, freezing or other issues so worry not fearful goons with problems, my install works great!

Game is gorgeous as hell too.

pootiebigwang
Jun 26, 2008
My game won't even launch and just says something about verifying my files. Re-verified through epic game launcher and I am still getting the error.

MR.B
Mar 15, 2007

I am the Owl

Zigmidge posted:

Played the first hour, game was fun. No crashes, freezing or other issues so worry not fearful goons with problems, my install works great!

Game is gorgeous as hell too.

Haha you are one of the lucky ones!

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell
Two Questions:

1. Is there any sort of “gotcha” thing where if you do too much (or any) of a side activity before a certain point you limit yourself? I am thinking of GTAV and investments mostly. Spoilering it for me is fine if so.

2. How often does Kid Rock’s hit song “Cowboy” play, because it’s a banger!

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
Did you guys who have issues download the latest drivers Nvidia just released for the game?

Also I agree the game is gorgeous even on my laptop and the pacing is extremely my thing. I enjoyed just exploring sceneries in far cry primal and skyrim but this is something else.

SpaceGoatFarts fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Nov 5, 2019

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The pause menu is bugged out for me, fingers crossed the auto save is generous.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Taintrunner posted:

The pause menu is bugged out for me, fingers crossed the auto save is generous.

Is it flickering and cutting off? I had this and I fixed it by turning off vsync.

I do get the freezes with sound playing other folk are here talking about.

gtx 1080
i5 6600k
32gb
ssd

didn't really mess with the graphical options much, other than vsync and borderless/fullscreen. Freezes happened with the old nvidia drivers and the new ones.

Eggplant Ronin
Apr 26, 2007

How you like my balls now?:smug:

Sir DonkeyPunch posted:

It's a reoccurring leitmotif throughout the story, and that harmonica sting will play whenever Arthur gets on a horse, off a horse or drunkily raises his fists in anger.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Amazed how well this is running on my PC

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

High settings, 1080p, and 60fps on RTX 2070.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Sir DonkeyPunch posted:

Two Questions:

1. Is there any sort of “gotcha” thing where if you do too much (or any) of a side activity before a certain point you limit yourself? I am thinking of GTAV and investments mostly. Spoilering it for me is fine if so.

First of all yes but I think it's in the later chapters which is why we say make a "free roam" save file around chapter 2 or 3

Second of all https://youtu.be/F9f_HHV5Pc4

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm at work for another 8 hours so no rush, but if anyone figures out a fix for the "Rockstar game launcher exited unexpectedly" error, that'd be sweet.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Does all the freeroam stuff open up at the beginning of Chapter 3 or right after Chapter 3?

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
It seemed like a had no other choice but to matchmake for the horse thief story mission, even though it said 1-4 players. Is that right?

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Taintrunner posted:

Does all the freeroam stuff open up at the beginning of Chapter 3 or right after Chapter 3?

beginning of Chapter 2 really. though everything’s not technically available until you get the fishing rod a few missions into Ch 2. but beyond that you can go wherever and do whatever as soon as you get down from the mountains

Autistic Speculum
Apr 9, 2009
I'm reading that i5 CPUs are having the stutter issue that happens every 30 seconds or so, and there will be a patch sometime today.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Anyone know what setting affects these ugly blurred out pieces of foliage?

Ham
Apr 30, 2009

You're BALD!

eonwe posted:

I'm at work for another 8 hours so no rush, but if anyone figures out a fix for the "Rockstar game launcher exited unexpectedly" error, that'd be sweet.

Got the same error on a Ryzen 3600 + 2070 Super. Tried updating BIOS, graphics drivers, verifying integrity, turning off Windows Firewall and Defender, removing all other apps from startup, nothing works. The launcher is an immovable object.

fuf
Sep 12, 2004

haha

Autistic Speculum posted:

I'm reading that i5 CPUs are having the stutter issue that happens every 30 seconds or so, and there will be a patch sometime today.

they probably didn't think it was necessary to test the obscure and rarely-used i5 series

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass
On the console version if your gun was holstered you could (on foot or horseback) slightly press the right trigger/r2/fire button to start a draw, and pulling the trigger completely started a deadeye shot. Don't know how this would work with a keyboard and mouse.

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
I'm SHOCKED rd2 is busted on the great pc master race. I just can't believe it.:v:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Okay, I was able to get into online. No issues. Game is super beautiful of course. I previously played on Xbox One X, it was native 4K with HDR, and 30fps, it looked really beautiful but the PC version still manages to blow it out of the water.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

peer posted:

yeah same

Same :(

I hope they fix it and I don't have to go and buy a SSD just for this one game, because it happens every 5 minutes and it takes me out of the game. The framerate when it's not freezing stays at a pretty consistent 50-60 FPS so I assume it's just some problem with the game loading new areas.

e: Oh I have an i5, I guess that's the problem. Welp!

King Vidiot fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Nov 5, 2019

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Imagine playing this game without an SSD.

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Can't post for 2,400,000 hours!
I can't decide if this is worse than the launch of GTA4 PC which was also shocking how utterly broken it was.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

Giedroyc posted:

I can't decide if this is worse than the launch of GTA4 PC which was also shocking how utterly broken it was.

It's really not but goons gonna goon.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Giedroyc posted:

Its not even close to comparable

DebonaireD
May 7, 2007

I've got the stutts too, another victim of the i5. Also for some reason it wont start above 1080p unless I turn everything to low, and even then only 1440. Looks pretty nice on ultra everything though!

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

So my issue is that performance is all over the place. One second I'll be getting 60fps, perfect and then I'll take 5 steps and it drops to 35fps or so. But if I go back to where I was at 60fps it goes back, looking at the same area so it's not a rendering issue. It's loving bizzare.

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

HORMELCHILI posted:

Its not even close to comparable

Well considering after disabling anti-virus, installing the latest drivers etc etc as people recommend I can get at best halfway through the opening cutscene before it crashes if I'm lucky...

Meatlong Football
Feb 11, 2008

eonwe posted:

Fixed my unexpected crash from the launcher with a bios update on an msi x570pro. It's been nearly twenty years since a bios revision has actually caused me a problem.

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

double post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
Yay 5 November! Time to YEEHAW!

Wake up at 6 AM Pacific, so I have an hour to play before getting ready for work!

Immediately Rockstar launcher wants to update, with... uh, apparently no progress for ten minutes. Time to YEEHAW! some Solitaire!

Oh hey, it updated, and started decryption! Ten more minutes of Solitaire.

YEEHAW PATCH DOWNLOADING APPROXIMATE TIME TO COMPLETION 1 HOUR!

Yeefuck... :cripes: