Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Palpek posted:

One interesting highlight today:

Legioncraft - rogue-lite strategy game with a kick-rear end visual style, check it out:

wow, that looks very nice. love the artstyle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

Krijgt geen speciaal kerstdiner!
:siren: a new zachtronics puzzler just dropped out of nowhere
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1168880/MOLEKSYNTEZ/

quote:

Use the MOLEK-SYNTEZ to create small molecules with various pharmacological effects from the comfort of your small Romanian apartment.

December 2092
Cluj-Napoca, Romania

These walls don’t do a drat thing to keep the cold out.
I should go outside and walk.
Instead, I light another cigarette and keep working.

MAKE DRUGS - Program your molecular synthesizer (MOLEK-SYNTEZ) to convert ordinary industrial chemicals like benzene, acetone, and hydrochloric acid into a variety of small molecules with various pharmacological effects.
SHOW OFF - Optimize your solutions and share them with the world using the built-in score histograms, friend leaderboards, and animated GIF exporter.
CHEAT AT CARDS - In a move that should surprise no one, MOLEK-SYNTEZ contains an original Zachtronics solitaire game. When you get stuck, cheat and place your cards wherever you want. Just don't do it so much that you get in over your head...

https://twitter.com/zachtronics/status/1191480368257388545?s=20

https://twitter.com/zachtronics/status/1191481965863559168?s=20

Samopsa fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Nov 4, 2019

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Gonna purchase that exclusively for the solitaire game

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Samopsa posted:

I actually randomly saw it on the Steam release list and laughed at this:

quote:

create small molecules with various pharmacological effects from the comfort of your small Romanian apartment

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.
I love how good Zachtronics games are at reinforcing how stupid I really am.

overeager overeater
Oct 16, 2011

"The cosmonauts were transfixed with wonderment as the sun set - over the Earth - there lucklessly, untethered Comrade Todd on fire."

Samopsa posted:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1168880/MOLEKSYNTEZ/

Made a thread for it here

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Apart from MOLEK-SYNTEZ - 2 other interesting titles released today:

When The Past Was Around - Prologue - point-and-click puzzle game with stylish graphics

Fated Kingdom - an old school digital board game sandbox for 2-4 players that looks like a lot of effort was put into it

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
I just can't get into most Zachtronics games. Feels like a game made for programmers.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
It's okay I'm a programmer and I can't get into them either.

I admire anyone who can think about logic problems all day and then go home and do logic problems for fun.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i've been hooked on Little Big Workshop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dtk6mzv9tQ

it is what it looks like, you run a factory and produce goods at a profit. the gameplay loop comes in optimizing and streamlining your manufacturing process, as more complex products require more complex chains of parts assembly. i've already gotten my money's worth out of it, it's a definite must get if you like cartoony games about gnomes working production lines

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

That looks neat, definitely something to chill with.

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

Planet Zoo just came out today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCgppIh1tnY

https://store.steampowered.com/app/703080/Planet_Zoo/

still wondering why this needs to be another game with extremely akward building mechanics. No free rotation, just weird angles. Building fences is akward too with a fixed length for some reason.

Animals do look amazing though. Sure hope this won't be another Jurassic Park with great visuals but not much more to it.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Sindai posted:

It's okay I'm a programmer and I can't get into them either.

I admire anyone who can think about logic problems all day and then go home and do logic problems for fun.

My job isn't solving logic problems, it's getting around holes in the buggy platform my company uses. Going home to a zachtronics game where everything is designed with intent is incredibly refreshing even when they try to trip you up lol.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Two upcoming games in Novemeber that I've never heard of before that look like they have potential:

Cyber Shadow - old-school 8-bit action platfromer

WRATH: Aeon of Ruin - old-school FPS inspired by Quake 1

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

that ninja game looks stellar

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

cyber shadow is being published by yacht club (shovel knight)

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

I've been following the development of Cyber Shadow via Twitter for years. If it's anything like the gifs he posted, it's a must-buy.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
The 3DRealms game looks fantastic, anyone know what price they might come up with?

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
If it’s in keeping with some other games of that type, $30 and you have to say a slur. :v:

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Something that looks like 3D Picross got released - Voxelgram

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Following Steam releases regularly for this thread makes it clear how insane the schedule is and how many interesting, good-looking titles just get overlooked in the flood. It's brutal.

Here are some cool releases from the last few days that caught my eye:

Meteorfall: Krumit's Tale - some kind of card-based roguelike? No idea but it looks loving dope

Ritual: Crown of Horns - top-down twin-stick shooter set in horror wild west

Scatteria - post-apocalyptic shooter - a...post-apocalyptic shooter with survival elements and co-op

Damaged in Transit - item-delivery management puzzle game

The Coma 2: Vicious Sisters - a horror-survival adventure game

SUPERVERSE - a top-down arcade space shooter

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Palpek posted:

Something that looks like 3D Picross got released - Voxelgram

oh that's one of my favorite 3ds games

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9r_JeMKf2N0

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Neat, it turns out I completely missed the 3D sequels.

Synastren
Nov 8, 2005

Bad at Starcraft 2.
Better at psychology.
Psychology Megathread

This thread is great, and you're awesome for maintaining it Palpek!

Definitely more games with potential than I realized floating out there in the ether.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
The previous Meteorfall game is great on phones. This one's probably good too!

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

https://sokpop.itch.io/pupper-park

Pupper Park is a sandbox game about dogs in a park. Play as a dog and fetch balls, run around, scare frogs, and play football.

You can, to my knowledge, not pet yourself.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

drat Death Stranding got upstaged

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Roth posted:

drat Death Stranding got upstaged

This but unironically

Sadly though after checking it out, it's cute but pretty limited in scope and frustratingly opaque in what you can do. No menu or interface as far as I can tell, and you have to scroll through the standard Unity startup window to even see what commands you have (e.g. bark0, bark1 :3:). Still, it's cute enough to run around as a stretchy blobdog barking your head off and jumping into things.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

The TakeOver - a next-gen side-scrolling beat'em in the vein of Streets of Rage and Final Fight

Explosive Jake - a take on Bomberman

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Down ward - a cute but fast platformer featuring an owl and Gameboy graphics, it's free

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Remember that trailer from years ago where objects changed size depending on how near or far from the camera you moved them? It actually came out: Superliminal. Looks like it's an EGS exclusive, if you've got a bee in your bonnet about that.

Hey you, join the Navy!

itry
Aug 23, 2019

MO: Astray (from page 2) is now Overwhelmingly Positive on Steam

I guess I should get it then :tootzzz:

Why does this have a white background

ItBreathes posted:

Looks like it's an EGS exclusive, if you've got a bee in your bonnet about that.

:ohdear:

Loose Ifer
Feb 1, 2002
It's Swelling!
Grimey Drawer

itry posted:

MO: Astray (from page 2) is now Overwhelmingly Positive on Steam

I guess I should get it then :tootzzz:

Why does this have a white background

:ohdear:

It has been scratching my puzzle platformer itch for a week now.

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

Blacksad will be out on Thursday (November 14). I think the theme is really cool, the trailer leaves some mixed feelings about the quality of the story/writing but I'll check it out in any case.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GALOOSLrg0

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

To be honest the comic books didn't excel in writing but rather in atmosphere and absolutely amazing art that would have an incredible ammount of character building squeezed into a single diorama. The story was full of standard noir cliches (which was kinda the point) and dialogues were servicable at best. The game being good really depends on the creators' knowledge of where the strengths of the series lie.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
The Legend of Bum-Bo - The Binding Of Isaac prequel finally comes out. A puzzle based deck building rogue-like prequel, all the buzzwords!

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

^^^Yeah, I was just about to post it, looks real cool^^^

Here are some other fresh games:

NABOKI - a minimalistic disassemble-a-cube puzzle game

DRAW CHILLY - an arcade game with rich pixel graphics

Discolored - a chill puzzle walking sim

Basement - a full release of a highly acclaimed Early Access game where you start an illegal business in your basement

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

haldolium posted:

Blacksad will be out on Thursday (November 14). I think the theme is really cool, the trailer leaves some mixed feelings about the quality of the story/writing but I'll check it out in any case.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GALOOSLrg0

i want to point out that this looks like furry poo poo but it's based on this european comic series that is american hardboiled detective stories, but with animal people. so if you're worried that this is going to be owo rawr nonsense think more LA Noire but you're playing as a sleek cat-man private investigator in 1950's new york, and the chief of police is a german shepard, and the mobsters are like turtles and flamingos. in one of the comics there's a racist white nationalist group but all the members are cold weather animals like polar bears and arctic foxes. nary a glomp in sight

al-azad
May 28, 2009

luxury handset posted:

i want to point out that this looks like furry poo poo but it's based on this european comic series that is american hardboiled detective stories, but with animal people. so if you're worried that this is going to be owo rawr nonsense think more LA Noire but you're playing as a sleek cat-man private investigator in 1950's new york, and the chief of police is a german shepard, and the mobsters are like turtles and flamingos. in one of the comics there's a racist white nationalist group but all the members are cold weather animals like polar bears and arctic foxes. nary a glomp in sight

Plenty of nudity though because it wouldn't be a European noir comic without it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Also it’s 2019 how are we still going off about “aaa furries!!”