Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

LASER BEAM DREAM posted:

I’m hoping the improved resolution and detail will make it easier to tag song birds before they are able to take off.

They sure do love those ground nests. I've probably stomped more of them than I've shot lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
I always forget that every PC release has a mandatory half dozen pages of dudes talking about drivers :laffo:

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

I'm not sure if it's the patch but I've also solved all my lag/stuttering issues by switching from Vulcan to DirectX12 (i5-1060ti). Game is buttery smooth now, gonna start turning up the settings again until it breaks.

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?
Is there a write up on whether you should use Vulkan vs DX12? I think I've vaguely heard of Vulkan in the past, but I was not aware that it was a graphics API.

Edit: I lose 4 FPS switching from Vulkan to DX12 using the "balanced" settings suggested by the game. 54 to 51 using a i7-8700k, GTX 1080 TI, and 16GB RAM at 3440x1400.

LASER BEAM DREAM fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Nov 5, 2019

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
Ars Technica has a review with pretty-pretty pictures and tech details.

Four more hours to find out that my i5-9600 stutters when failing to load the launcher...

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Vulkan definitely performs noticeably better for my piece of poo poo... though I'm still getting sub-40 fps with everything on medium/high.

GTX970
i7 3770
16gb ram

I shouldn't even be playing this like this but drat, it's already too fun for me to want to put down.
That train robbery was sweet.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
One of the Digital Foundry guys is saying to not worry too much about not being able to hit High and Ultra settings and invoking Crysis 2.

https://twitter.com/Dachsjaeger/status/1191821703850156032

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Holy poo poo, I guess it's time to upgrade the GPU. Got an i5-6500 processor, 16 gigs of ram, and a four-year-old nvidia GTX 960, and the game stutters like hell in the starting blizzard chapter. Got to drive everything down to medium and low with lower-than-native resolution and it still heaves.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
No crashes and game runs like a dream with most things on ultra. Having a blast, being a honorably cowboy who helps rather than robs.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Wolfsheim posted:

I always forget that every PC release has a mandatory half dozen pages of dudes talking about drivers :laffo:

Eh it’s not like we didn’t run out of interesting things to talk about anyway

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

man this game looks so much better than it did on the one x, even the lighting quality is vastly improved

Gooch181
Jan 1, 2008

The Gooch
I've tried everything I could think of and have read about working for other people. Very Sad!

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Ofaloaf posted:

Holy poo poo, I guess it's time to upgrade the GPU. Got an i5-6500 processor, 16 gigs of ram, and a four-year-old nvidia GTX 960, and the game stutters like hell in the starting blizzard chapter. Got to drive everything down to medium and low with lower-than-native resolution and it still heaves.

When you say stuttering, do you mean it freezes up for a few seconds at a time, with the audio continuing? If so, that's apparently an i5 issue that is due to be fixed.

Chuds McGreedy
Aug 26, 2007

Jumanji

Deakul posted:

I shouldn't even be playing this like this but drat, it's already too fun for me to want to put down.
That train robbery was sweet.

Wake ‘em up a little!

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy
Been a helluva day for me, then it turned out I was some memory short for the minimum requirements. :suicide: I remedied that though, didn't like my first attempt at an online character, and so trying the second one. This game is absolutely beautiful on PC.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Ofaloaf posted:

If you're having stuttering issues try switching between Vulcan and DirectX12. For some people one works better than the other.

DebonaireD
May 7, 2007

After updating my graphics driver and the hotfix they put out today everything is running much more smoothly. One thing - the HDR calibration menu seems to reset my settings. Switch from cinematic to game, crank up the brightness and when you back out 1 or 2 menu levels it goes back to the much dimmer cinematic. Anyone else?

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

I recommend playing SP and PvE with a controller. Whenever I play console games on PC it's always nice to have the controller handy

I have a mother board and a GTX 780 on my shelf. How well do you think it would run

Lemon
May 22, 2003

This game is pretty dang nice-lookin'

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

Wolfsheim posted:

I always forget console dudes have time to post dreck like this while waiting for RDR2 to actually respond to controller input :laffo:

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

Lemon posted:

This game is pretty dang nice-lookin'

It's so drat beautiful. The only other game that comes close is the Witcher 3.

I'm on try attempt four in making an acceptable looking character for multiplayer, which is more akin to Dragon Age Inquisition. :v:

Has anyone tried to use a Playstation controller yet?

particle9
Nov 14, 2004
In the guide to getting dumped, this guy helped me realize that with time it does get better. And yeah, he did get his custom title.
Why won't they let me bring over my PS4 save :ugh:

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

MagusDraco posted:

One of the Digital Foundry guys is saying to not worry too much about not being able to hit High and Ultra settings and invoking Crysis 2.

https://twitter.com/Dachsjaeger/status/1191821703850156032

Yeah, I mean this looked so good on my base PS4, if those same quality settings are equal to PC Medium or whatever and I can get that at 60 FPS, I will be very happy.

Although right now I will be very happy to see the splash screen.

Wizard Whateley
Apr 12, 2002

I am a bootlicking scab who loves seeing people be paid less than living wages. If the workers don't like it they should just kill themselves. Let me know who is organizing so I can report them to management. I pine for the days of the Pinkertons.
Don't know if this was mentioned, but I had insanely low fps for no discernible reason. I finally saw that the game or my geforce options automatically had me set to "borderless windows". I switched to fullscreen and have had a steady 60 fps since.

i must compose
Jul 4, 2010

Until the lions have their own historians, the history of the hunt will always glorify the hunter.

Transmogrifier posted:

It's so drat beautiful. The only other game that comes close is the Witcher 3.

I'm on try attempt four in making an acceptable looking character for multiplayer, which is more akin to Dragon Age Inquisition. :v:

Has anyone tried to use a Playstation controller yet?

Yes it works for me, with the correct button icons and everything.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

when your Rockstar Games Launcher exits unexpectedly.

i must compose
Jul 4, 2010

Until the lions have their own historians, the history of the hunt will always glorify the hunter.
It's running very well for me at 1080p on a 2070, i7-7700 and 16 gb of ram. The only thing is stuttering in St. Denis but that's with geometry LOD set to the highest setting. Everything else is on high except water physics turned fairly low because the game seemed to have trouble with that as well.

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit

Gooch181 posted:

I've tried everything I could think of and have read about working for other people. Very Sad!

Got this problem too :negative:

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass
PROTIP you can do all your horse-care actions while mounted: feeding, brushing, and patting. No need to get off.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

i must compose posted:

Yes it works for me, with the correct button icons and everything.

Nice, thank you! I'm going to still try out how KB+M goes but the controller is really good for treasure hunting. The vibration function is invaluable.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

ZZZorcerer posted:

Got this problem too :negative:

Same, tried all the proposed solutions from Rockstar with no improvement.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

It always felt like, similar to GTAV, that the shooting would be much more fun and satisfying with a mouse. What's the verdict on that?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
holy poo poo lmao, people were right

I had to update my BIOS before the game would work

marxismftw
Apr 16, 2010

Had the stuttering problem on my i5 3570k, which was pretty annoying, but otherwise the game ran smoothly and was playable up until Valentine, at which point the stuttering became constant and the game unplayable. After the patch this afternoon, instead of stuttering, the game just crashes instead.

Yikes rockstar.

Gooch181
Jan 1, 2008

The Gooch

eonwe posted:

holy poo poo lmao, people were right

I had to update my BIOS before the game would work

I have the most up to date BIOS already :( (had to flash my b450 to accept my ryzen 3700)
I think I've truly tried every single thing that's popped up on reddit or here.

Ham
Apr 30, 2009

You're BALD!

Gooch181 posted:

I have the most up to date BIOS already :( (had to flash my b450 to accept my ryzen 3700)
I think I've truly tried every single thing that's popped up on reddit or here.

Got the same issue on the B450 Tomahawk, since it doesn't have AMD AGESA 1.0.0.4 yet we're poo poo out of luck on the BIOS update route.

B450 Tomahawk MAX should be good with the latest BIOS.

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.
Well the good news is that I can get the game to run at medium settings at 4K @ almost always 60 on my new gaming rig (i9 9900K, 2080 TI, 32GB DDR4 Ram, SSD) except for the occasional drop into the 50s in St. Denis. But Gsync won't work. There's fairly minimal screen tearing since it's running well enough, so it's not a big deal, but I could tolerate lower FPS for higher settings if Gsync would work.

SpacePope
Nov 9, 2009

Game runs really well on my end, but I'm having trouble understanding how to switch between walk/jog/run in first person. Works fine in 3rd person view, but whenever I switch to 1rst person I feel like there's a 90% chance I'll be stuck running/jogging with no way to slow down, which feels pretty weird. Anyone got a tip?

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Junkenstein posted:

It always felt like, similar to GTAV, that the shooting would be much more fun and satisfying with a mouse. What's the verdict on that?

It is indeed great with a m&kb, the game's controls only took me maybe half an hour to get used to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

ugh

edit: oh they had a solution on their support page (delete profile and log in again) and it worked, yay

VectorSigma fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Nov 6, 2019