Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

John Lee posted:

They're not the exact same models, they decided not to use the HD models they made for the 3DS versions, and redid them.
That's dumb and they're dumb for throwing out reams of acceptable-quality work. Even something like Gran Turismo where only some of the cars are rebuilt for modern graphics would be less of a publicity mess.

No More Heroes 3 Interview! Here's the cliff-notes if you're lazy.
  • Around 35-40% complete.
  • Bigger open world than NMH1, but Grasshopper's "middle-class" so don't expect a Rockstar-scale one.
  • That suit you see Travis use in the trailer will only be available in certain situations.
  • The motion controls from the previous game (including that one) will be back.
  • New trailer either this year or early next year.
  • The Swery collab game hasn't really started development yet, it's currently all just talking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Araxxor posted:

No, that was a mistranslation. They never said anything about that.

The models are being reused from the 3DS games. The only thing that changed are the textures.

Yeah it's this.

E: Full admission wasn't aware that it was a mistranslation, just that it got picked apart pretty fast. And on the topic of walking animations they were all in the 3DS version. Again it's stuff that's already done and was there for future-proofing.

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Nov 6, 2019

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

apophenium posted:

Can you keep exploring the hotel and get boos.and stuff after beating the final boss of Luigi's Mansion 3? Sorry if this has been answered before.

It reloads you back before the final boss

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

You can't lol. That's the entire point. Epic.

It's not!!! It's still in my 3DS that's collecting dust in the corner. That mareep is in hell forever.

So wait, you can put them in Pokemon Bank but you can't pull them out? That doesn't sound right to me.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Len posted:

So wait, you can put them in Pokemon Bank but you can't pull them out? That doesn't sound right to me.

They literally aren't programmed into Sword and Shield. (According to the devs). You have to just keep them in the bank and hope Gen 9 has them so you can pull them out. If they're not in Gen 9 either you have to keep paying for Bank hoping they're in Gen 10 etcetc. That's why people are mad.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Yeah it's this.

E: Full admission wasn't aware that it was a mistranslation, just that it got picked apart pretty fast. And on the topic of walking animations they were all in the 3DS version. Again it's stuff that's already done and was there for future-proofing.

Oh, okay, wasn't aware it was a mistranslation, sorry for spreading false info.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Len posted:

The upcoming service will be basically one way if it's coming from an older title, and isn't present in sword/shield

It's strange considering everything that's been said already plus the fact that the recent re-releases specifically let you move your Pokemon forward and they even get little special icons for being old.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

And for perfect clarity here's the pokemon that are cut and just don't exist anymore. Green means they're safe and you can use them in Gen 8 anything in white you just have to stuff in the bank/home and hope you can use them in Gen 9

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

They literally aren't programmed into Sword and Shield. (According to the devs). You have to just keep them in the bank and hope Gen 9 has them so you can pull them out. If they're not in Gen 9 either you have to keep paying for Bank hoping they're in Gen 10 etcetc. That's why people are mad.

Yeah I get that. I'm just not sure why you couldn't pull them out into Sun/Moon rather than pay for Bank. Since that is what the dude you quoted literally was saying to do. And you said you can't.

And I said that doesn't sound right to me. And you looped back to THEY ARENT ALL IN THE NEW GAME

Chronojam posted:

The upcoming service will be basically one way if it's coming from an older title, and isn't present in sword/shield

It's strange considering everything that's been said already plus the fact that the recent re-releases specifically let you move your Pokemon forward and they even get little special icons for being old.

I mean I get that. I'm not dumb. But the mad guy replied you can't bring them out to a guy saying "pull them into your old game instead of giving them money for an unnecessary subscription service"

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
RIP Dunsparce

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

And for perfect clarity here's the pokemon that are cut and just don't exist anymore. Green means they're safe and you can use them in Gen 8 anything in white you just have to stuff in the bank/home and hope you can use them in Gen 9

Point of order: Gens often last more than one game, and I would bet every stain on my underwear that the next game will be same-gen, all-mons.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Chill Penguin posted:

Take the Pokémon out of bank and put it in your game dude. GameFreak aren’t rounding up all the copies of previous gen games.

I mean the post specifies previous gen games. Are you telling me I couldn't unload it all to a copy of Sun/Moon and I HAVE to pay for the Bank?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Len posted:

Yeah I get that. I'm just not sure why you couldn't pull them out into Sun/Moon rather than pay for Bank. Since that is what the dude you quoted literally was saying to do. And you said you can't.

And I said that doesn't sound right to me. And you looped back to THEY ARENT ALL IN THE NEW GAME

It's because I would rather play the new game and not the one I've already beaten twice. The conversation has been about bringing stuff to the new game so I assumed that was the direction it was still taking.

John Lee posted:

Point of order: Gens often last more than one game, and I would bet every stain on my underwear that the next game will be same-gen, all-mons.

Masuda said to not expect this, that this cut content route they're taking is going to hardline be the future of the franchise.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

It's because I would rather play the new game and not the one I've already beaten twice. The conversation has been about bringing stuff to the new game so I assumed that was the direction it was still taking.

Yeah no that dude was telling you to stop paying for Bank and put them in the copy of Pokemon collecting dust in the corner. You can trade them over if they ever become useful again and not pay for an unnecessary subscription fee it's a win win!

Edit: does anyone have an actual source for the future proofing comment? I keep seeing mad people posting about how they future proofed the series but I can't actually find anything from GF/TPC saying those words

Len fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Nov 6, 2019

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Len posted:

Yeah no that dude was telling you to stop paying for Bank and put them in the copy of Pokemon collecting dust in the corner. You can trade them over if they ever become useful again and not pay for an unnecessary subscription fee it's a win win!

Yeah that is possible. Just feels like a waste to keep a 3DS I have no interest in ever touching again just to avoid shilling out for whatever bank/home is. Its kind of the only option though so :shrug:

That and I'd have to pay for it anyway if I wanted to transfer up if things ever do get to come back (which I was prepared for anyway)

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Alternately, people might try a bit of optimism that Game Freak knew that this was going to be divisive and it was not a decision made lightly, therefore maybe Pokemon Home will be worth paying for beyond being a Pokemon Graveyard so that people's Pokemon won't just be sitting idle til the next game that allows them.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

They still exist weirdo. Just not in Sword/Shield on launch. There's 30 other Pokemon games you can play if you've got a hardon for the garbage bag Pokemon.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Garbage bag made it in

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

American McGay posted:

They still exist weirdo. Just not in Sword/Shield on launch. There's 30 other Pokemon games you can play if you've got a hardon for the garbage bag Pokemon.

They won't be in Sword/Shield ever my dude.

Like you're tripping over yourself trying to find a dunk when the answer of "I want to play the new game using some of the stuff I've kept ahold of" just doesn't have a solution. You should probably stop posting unless you find a work around for it :shobon:

Just for ultimate clarity here, I plan on playing Sw/Sh, it's just really stupid watching a handful of goons trip over themselves to try and dunk on people because of 'how dare they care about a franchise. They should just shut up and consume the product without criticizing it at all'.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Just do what Digimon does and allow for no transferring between series and generations and also lock certain monsters behind preorders.

E:

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Just for ultimate clarity here, I plan on playing Sw/Sh

Or you could *not* do this and actually show Game Freak that you won't put up with an inferior product.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

:cawg:

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
I don't know enough about game development to know whether or not it's a reasonable thing for them to be dropping half the dex, but at the very least it stands to give competitive battling a big breath of fresh air

minya
Sep 7, 2004

SUN RA WAS HERE IN HIS ELEMENT
he invited me back for a ride
Any new or recent games people are enjoying that I might have missed?

I’m coming up on like 40ish hours of Dragon Quest 11 and about to give it up because it’s boring me to death and I hate the characters.

Recently played and beaten Dragon’s Dogma. Janky as hell, but weirdly fun and enjoyable. Also recently purchased Ori and the Blind Forest, which I’ve enjoyed but something about the movement drives me a bit crazy and I don’t know if I’m going to come back to it.

Wish Luigi wasn’t $60, otherwise I would get that. Alternatively I wish Outer Worlds was on Switch.

What else?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Bleck posted:

I don't know enough about game development to know whether or not it's a reasonable thing for them to be dropping half the dex, but at the very least it stands to give competitive battling a big breath of fresh air

Yeah I'm not a competitive guy at all but apparently Landerous or whatever it was called was ruining the game according to a friend of mine so it being cut isn't causing any tears to be shed.

Go ahead and post proof otherwise my man.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Like you're tripping over yourself trying to find a dunk when the answer of "I want to play the new game using some of the stuff I've kept ahold of" just doesn't have a solution. You should probably stop posting unless you find a work around for it :shobon:

Just for ultimate clarity here, I plan on playing Sw/Sh, it's just really stupid watching a handful of goons trip over themselves to try and dunk on people because of 'how dare they care about a franchise. They should just shut up and consume the product without criticizing it at all'.

It's because you're coming off as very mad over this. Just catch some new cute animals and make them fight other cute animals. Do you need to bring a ringer in to make the already easy game easier?

Maybe they should have just made an entire new set of 150 with nothing returning that way nobody is happy

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

I think the battery in my Emerald cart is dead and so are all the pokemon I had on there.

Do the DS carts have batteries too? I wonder if my dudes on Pearl or whatever are dead too.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Len posted:

It's because you're coming off as very mad over this. Just catch some new cute animals and make them fight other cute animals. Do you need to bring a ringer in to make the already easy game easier?

Maybe they should have just made an entire new set of 150 with nothing returning that way nobody is happy

Didn't they do that for Black and White and everyone loved it :v: ? (Locking everything returning to the post game and whatnot)

And nah, honestly I'm not really that angry. I'm just trying to say why a lot of people are annoyed/upset with how this is all shaking out. I just don't think it's fair to them to write it completely off as "ugh those drat entitled babies how dare they complain that a product isn't what they were hoping for."

I'm not the best with words, so some of my stuff comes across as rambling but it's honestly me just trying to explain what's going on. That's literally my only goal.

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

"Bitcoin is a new financial concept entirely without precedent."

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Alternately, people might try a bit of optimism that Game Freak knew that this was going to be divisive and it was not a decision made lightly, therefore maybe Pokemon Home will be worth paying for beyond being a Pokemon Graveyard so that people's Pokemon won't just be sitting idle til the next game that allows them.

Yep, that's Game Freak alright. Always exceeding expectations and delivering extra value.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

There's absolutely nothing wrong with being angry or upset about something you care about, no matter how trivial it might seem to someone else. Emotions are good, expressing them is good.

Skrill.exe posted:

Yep, that's Game Freak alright. Always exceeding expectations and delivering extra value.
Yep.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I think people are having a hard time sympathizing because it's unusual for a franchise to have that kind of backward compatibility through multiple games, especially across multiple consoles. It's not really a normal game feature.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I think people are having a hard time sympathizing because it's unusual for a franchise to have that kind of backward compatibility through multiple games, especially across multiple consoles. It's not really a normal game feature.

It's just been a franchise staple that it's expected, and they're still playing it up in sword and shield adverts showing pokemon sprites from the gameboy racing to jump onto the switch like "yeah you can bring everyone in still!" Then the anime is introducing a character for the Galar story arc that wants to catch all 900 something pokemon, the English only "gotta catch em all" phrase and all the attention shined on Kanto-mon again etcetcetc

It's just enough to rub folks the wrong way.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

It's just been a franchise staple that it's expected, and they're still playing it up in sword and shield adverts showing pokemon sprites from the gameboy racing to jump onto the switch like "yeah you can bring everyone in still!" Then the anime is introducing a character for the Galar story arc that wants to catch all 900 something pokemon, the English only "gotta catch em all" phrase and all the attention shined on Kanto-mon again etcetcetc

It's just enough to rub folks the wrong way.

Gotta Catch Em All hasn't been used for a game in a while and is mostly and anime only thing

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Is the big Pokemon spoiler that a bunch of old Mons won't be in Sword/Shield?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

The entire plot is leaked and clear photos of all the new mons are floating around. We've known that there was going to be a massive cut of pokemon for awhile though. We just didn't know 500 or so of the buggers were gonna be kicked to the curb until the leaks happened.

Len posted:

Gotta Catch Em All hasn't been used for a game in a while and is mostly and anime only thing

That's fair, it's just stuck with a lot of people I guess :v:. I mostly just stick to the games and figured it was still getting slapped on cards and other merch.

E: Aside from Sw/Sh what are some upcoming switch games this year anyway? If anything that is.

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Nov 6, 2019

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

The Kins posted:

That's dumb and they're dumb for throwing out reams of acceptable-quality work. Even something like Gran Turismo where only some of the cars are rebuilt for modern graphics would be less of a publicity mess.

No More Heroes 3 Interview! Here's the cliff-notes if you're lazy.
  • Around 35-40% complete.
  • Bigger open world than NMH1, but Grasshopper's "middle-class" so don't expect a Rockstar-scale one.
  • That suit you see Travis use in the trailer will only be available in certain situations.
  • The motion controls from the previous game (including that one) will be back.
  • New trailer either this year or early next year.
  • The Swery collab game hasn't really started development yet, it's currently all just talking.

This is everything I wanted in a No More Heroes sequel.

punk rebel ecks fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Nov 6, 2019

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Ok, question regarding Digimon Cyber Sleuth

I've heard a lot of praise about how this is the one good Digimon game since the very first one. I'm currently in chapter 6 and I've been doing all the sidequests and farm quests as they pop up.

However out of the 8 hours of gameplay I have so far, I'd say only 2 of them were spent fighting with the creatures that give the name to the title and the other 6 of them consisted of scrolling through "here have some Japan lore" info dumps. And heck those 2 hours were artificially inflated by me running in circles with High Encounters on because dungeons tend to be 2-3 screens long and then the game has a panic attack and abruptly goes back to chat scrolling time before you start having too much fun. Does the game pick up after a certain point?

Like I shouldn't be asking for more time to play with my Digimons on a Digimon game :mad:

lezard_valeth fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Nov 6, 2019

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

hatty posted:

I still think its bullshit that you can only evolve your Haunter by trading. Its such a hassle
well it's ok because Haunter looks cooler

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
They're just gonna put everything in Sharpened Sword and Polished Shield

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I'm enjoying Luigi's Mansion 3 and I love how even Luigi feels a little bad about capturing Morty the Director with only a half-hearted "yeah, woo-hoo" after Morty's sucked into the Poltergust G-00. The guy just wanted to spend his afterlife making films :smith:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
You’re a monster