Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
How do I am down sights on PC?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

Taintrunner posted:

I think you scroll up on the mouse wheel? I've had to refer to the key mapping quite a bit.

SpunkyRedKnight
Oct 12, 2000

eonwe posted:

holy poo poo lmao, people were right

I had to update my BIOS before the game would work

This is bizarre. First time I've ever had to do that for a game. Updated to 1.0.0.4 on X570.

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit

Ham posted:

AMD AGESA 1.0.0.4

Updated my bios to a version with this, now the game enters... and crashes when some shotgun shells fall. Well, it wasn't even opening before, guess that's progress

(Gigabyte Aorus Master X570 with Ryzen 3900x)

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Taintrunner posted:

Be in 1st-person, right button to aim and then scroll the mouse wheel. It should default to that on the right button after.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

ZZZorcerer posted:

Updated my bios to a version with this, now the game enters... and crashes when some shotgun shells fall. Well, it wasn't even opening before, guess that's progress

(Gigabyte Aorus Master X570 with Ryzen 3900x)

Disable your anti-virus or put RDR2 as an exception.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

Disabled, keep getting black screen with some sounds. Maybe tomorrow it'll be fixed
Got safe mode to work, some video options crash the game

Miss Mowcher fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Nov 6, 2019

Gooch181
Jan 1, 2008

The Gooch
Windows safe mode, or a rdr boot option?

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit

Gooch181 posted:

Windows safe mode, or a rdr boot option?

Rdr boot option. Vulkan is the default option, gonna try directx now

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?
Does the companion app not work with the PC version? It was awesome with the console versions.

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

:ohdear: Have you seen my apex seals? I seem to have lost them.

Dinosaur Gum
I would buy this if I could move over my PS4 save. Will this not happen?

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

Aeka 2.0 posted:

I would buy this if I could move over my PS4 save. Will this not happen?

It's not happening.

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?
Is anyone else getting some weird artifacting on the right of their screen when in 3440x1440? I dropped it down to 2560x1440, and it doesn't seem to happen there.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Is there a way to play RDO online solo? Has anyone tried lag switching or found another method that works?

tophet
Oct 28, 2003

Young Orc
I can't open the launcher.

All I see is the "Connecting to Rockstar Games Services" splash screen and nothing ever happens. I've been searching around and I'm not seeing other people with this issue, does anyone know anything or have any tips? The launcher worked fine when I signed on to buy the game.

Edit: I figured maybe I'd just uninstall and reinstall the launcher, and it crashes whenever I try to uninstall... Again, any tips??

tophet fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Nov 6, 2019

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Competitive shootout in Red Dead Online is even more brutal on PC. I am getting absolutely destroyed and could use some tips with mouse/keyboard controls for shooting.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
I was having the issue with crashing at the gunshot sound.

Fixed by doing the following:

1) uninstall antivirus
2) disable windows antivirus/firewall
3) start in safe mode

Seems to be fine now.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Game worked fine until chapter 2 and now it'll CTD once every mission.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service
why the gently caress does this game have so many buttons

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

I gave up on kb/m, I'm used to playing this game with a gamepad anyways.

Squirrel Burger
Jul 19, 2011

nobody likes a rotten pumbo
now give me a board and a fan and a tube and i'll cool it
give me a card and i'll download a driver and run it

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service
E and or F to interact, TAB for inventory, scroll left for another inventory, B for another type of inventory, right click to aim, scroll up to extra aim, right click to focus on someone, E and or F to talk to them

pretty sure I pressed G at one point to do something and also maybe C to do another thing

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

anyone who is trying to play this with kb&m is asking for it honestly. just use a loving controller you jabronis

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Even in GTA deathmatches I used my controller until it was time to actually aim with the gun, why would you even wanna play this on kB+m

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

LASER BEAM DREAM posted:

Is anyone else getting some weird artifacting on the right of their screen when in 3440x1440? I dropped it down to 2560x1440, and it doesn't seem to happen there.

I get that along the bottom of my screen. Haven't tried lowering the resolution though, but it mostly goes away if I switch to full screen mode. It's really bad in any of the windowed modes, but in full screen I will just randomly get a line going across the bottom, or some flashing squares like my video card is overheating (it's not, temps are fine and other games/benchmarks works just fine).

somethingawful bf fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Nov 6, 2019

Squirrel Burger
Jul 19, 2011

nobody likes a rotten pumbo
controller for navigation, mouse for shooting, keyboard for line dancing

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday
For GTA I always played with a controller on my lap. KB+M for on foot, controller for in a vehicle.

Haven’t had a chance to play this yet so I don’t know how different it is.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

In online, how do you join passive mode free roam on PC? I had my fill already when someone decided to keep killing me while yelling racial slurs over voice chat. :v:

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I said come in! posted:

In online, how do you join passive mode free roam on PC? I had my fill already when someone decided to keep killing me while yelling racial slurs over voice chat. :v:

I got called the R slur and chinese because I forgot to plugin my mic. They didn't shoot me though.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

I said come in! posted:

Bring up the quick menu (left on d-pad, not sure what the key is), go down to online options, and set play style to defensive.

Note that people can still kill you while in defensive mode, it just takes a few more bullets.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

cheesetriangles posted:

I got called the R slur and chinese because I forgot to plugin my mic. They didn't shoot me though.

they should not have called you a Rockstar employee

im very sorry

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Lemon posted:

When you say stuttering, do you mean it freezes up for a few seconds at a time, with the audio continuing? If so, that's apparently an i5 issue that is due to be fixed.
Yep, that's exactly the issue. Is that due-to-be-fixed fix part of the patch that rolled out last evening, or is that still to come in the future?

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
How anyone could play a game with any shooting element with a controller is beyond my ability :(

EDIT: PS, I got the same error and a graphics driver update and restart has it running fine

JosefStalinator fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Nov 6, 2019

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

drivers updated, BIOS updated, windows updated to 1903, antivirus disabled, everything. It's early morning now and I just tried again, got a launcher update, but still nothing : "Rockstar launcher exited unexpectedly" (and of course if I try to run it from the RDR2 shortcut or even the .exe file, it tells me to "please start from the launcher". I am willing to bet a small amount that this has to do with anti-piracy/authentication stuff, it does not make sense that a game that's been out for 1 year has this kind of huge problems for a PC release now)

I did not mind too much not being able to play yesterday evening, but if they don't sort it out by this evening when I finish work I'm going to be pretty pissed off, no lie :mad:

TorakFade fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Nov 6, 2019

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Have they modded this game to be good yet

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

I am delighted by all of the insane detail in this game and have already spent an hour just walking around the town harassing folks.

I also had a flock of geese take off near me riding my horse and hit a 1/1000000 chance of one perfectly smacking into the side of Arthur’s head and dying which had me crying laughing.

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009
US Goon shocked and appalled to find that world is a dirty, unjust place

Played about six hours yesterday with no issues, apart from the pause screen being weird and flickering, making it difficult to navigate there.

I still haven't quite got the hang of Deadeye. When I activate it and mouse over an enemy, it automatically marks him several times unless I quickly remove the reticule without touching other parts of his body. I'd prefer to click to mark my shots and then automatically fire upon exiting Deadeye, is this possible?

Another question with a very minor spoiler for chapter 2

I completed the Hosea mission to unlock the fence. I can now sell wagons (and holy hell, is this easy money!) and stolen valuables to him, but there's no menu for trinkets. He won't even buy my legendary bear claw. What do do?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Freudian slippers posted:

Played about six hours yesterday with no issues, apart from the pause screen being weird and flickering, making it difficult to navigate there.

I still haven't quite got the hang of Deadeye. When I activate it and mouse over an enemy, it automatically marks him several times unless I quickly remove the reticule without touching other parts of his body. I'd prefer to click to mark my shots and then automatically fire upon exiting Deadeye, is this possible?

Another question with a very minor spoiler for chapter 2

I completed the Hosea mission to unlock the fence. I can now sell wagons (and holy hell, is this easy money!) and stolen valuables to him, but there's no menu for trinkets. He won't even buy my legendary bear claw. What do do?

He doesn't buy those, those are yours and they give you stat bonuses. Manually marking in dead eye is an unlock later on, unfortunately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009
US Goon shocked and appalled to find that world is a dirty, unjust place

Capn Beeb posted:

He doesn't buy those, those are yours and they give you stat bonuses. Manually marking in dead eye is an unlock later on, unfortunately.

Thanks for the quick reply! I thought I had to sell him the claw in order to have him craft the trinket? Is there a separate crafting menu or must I do something else in order to unlock crafting?