Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Tonight's Duke v. Kansas, Michigan State v. Kentucky.

Gonna take a shot every time an announcer starts talking about the possible KU violations and die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
As an NC State fan I am prepared for another season of vanity and striving after the wind.

As a Virginia alum I am prepared for a season of complete coasting because honestly who could sweat anything after last years run?

As a Maryland employee I am in no way prepared for anything relating to baseball and I will pretend Ive never heard of the sport and avoid any interaction with it whatsoever.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Not a hugely impressive start considering how much more experienced Kansas is over Duke.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Louisville is disturbingly on point so far.

Jeff the Mediocre
Dec 30, 2013

As a Clemson fan, I'm ready to watch us lose a bunch of one possession games again.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

week 1 ACC games is really loving weird

also Clemson has like 10 3s in the first half

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Is there a reason the ACC is doing this? Do they just have so many teams they can't fit all their conference games in January and February?

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

TheAlmightyFrog posted:

Is there a reason the ACC is doing this? Do they just have so many teams they can't fit all their conference games in January and February?

I was looking that up, apparently it is because we switched to a 20 game conference schedule this year.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

the more conference games the better imho. a few rivalry games and some cross-country competition should be what november is for, not cupcakes

back on kenpom, aww yeah

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
they are winning by a lot by why would you ever schedule app state again in anything if you were michigan you know what everyone is going to immediately think about

Jeff the Mediocre
Dec 30, 2013

Ahhh, missing free throws and shooting and missing stupid 3s. Classic Clemson basketball

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Georgia Tech looks like rear end tonight. (And just like that, State starts looking like rear end. No way that could last.)

hey, nice job Jayhawks

elentar fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Nov 6, 2019

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Really not great tonight. Duke had our number defensively, and I'm not sure how great the two post lineup worked for Self. I don't know why we went back to that, we've done a lot better the past few years with more dedication to wing players, and now we've gone back to a style of play that works less in modern basketball than ever. I dunno about that one.

Other striking thing was lack of playmaking by anyone who wasn't Agbaji or very occasionally Dotson. Azubuike looks like his game hasn't really gotten better in his year out and Garrett is still such a role player being asked more than in his actual skillset.

Probably Magic fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Nov 6, 2019

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
12 minutes into Wisconsin basketball and I can safely say you still shouldn't watch Wisconsin basketball.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Ducking Kansas

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
otzelberger, show me what you got

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
What is a nicholls and why is illinois in overtime against them

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Whistle, whistle, whistle, whistle

Robot Jones
Nov 12, 2016

Whatever Happened to... Robot Jones?

2019 Alabama State Basketball Champion Pennslyvania

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

first game half of the otzelberger era in, and the team is doing what they should. let's see if they keep it up.

Art Core...velay
Jun 16, 2013
uhh maxey is sick

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Can't believe we're getting owned by the nunchaku guy from Soul Calibur

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

good first game. i like the offense. the defense will be the weak point of the team. Not stumbling out the gate is good and may bode well for otzelberger.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Tyrese Maxey is good, y'all. Kentucky looked better than I thought they would for the first game.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
Nojel Eastern to the locker room with a non-contact wrist injury?

And, he's back. Along with Haarms and Wheeler one of three guys Purdue can't lose this year.

PotatoJudge fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Nov 7, 2019

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
missouri's offense looks loving putrid

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mike_V posted:

missouri's offense looks loving putrid

I'm not watching but look maybe Incarnate Word's defense is just...

Yeah I can't even finish this.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

Grittybeard posted:

I'm not watching but look maybe Incarnate Word's defense is just...

Yeah I can't even finish this.

Wow I didn't realize IW finished like 1-16 in the Southland Conference last year. not a start to the year that gives me confidence in the Tigers..

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

OK looks like the Tigers figured things out against a really small team. Xavier Pinson is gonna be a highlight reel as he gets older

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
Matt Haarms: 16 pts, 7 reb, 7 blocks. 5-6 FG, 2-2 3FG, 4-5 FT

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

PotatoJudge posted:

Matt Haarms: 16 pts, 7 reb, 7 blocks. 5-6 FG, 2-2 3FG, 4-5 FT

Huh, he's only a junior?

I'm probably getting him mixed up with someone else because apparently Purdue always has a very very tall white guy these days.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Grittybeard posted:

Huh, he's only a junior?

I'm probably getting him mixed up with someone else because apparently Purdue always has a very very tall white guy these days.

Issac Haas probably

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

2-2 after four minutes in virginia-syracuse. it's a barnburner folks

edit: next commercial break is at like 9:50 and it's 10-2 now

edit: two commercial breaks later it's exploded into a 19-14 free-for-all. and im out

oystertoadfish fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Nov 7, 2019

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Didnt score 50 and won by double digits. Already in midseason form

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
JESUS CHRIST gently caress TONY BENNETT

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Ungratek posted:

Didnt score 50 and won by double digits. Already in midseason form

Just Virginia'd the poo poo out of them honestly

I'm also pleased that Mamadi has doubled down on the ill-advised bleach job to the point that he looks like he's dropped by after a day of filming a Fifth Element spinoff

Only registered members can see post attachments!

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Lol UCLA

Losing to Long Beach State University

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

The Glumslinger posted:

Lol UCLA

Losing to Long Beach State University

I cannot get over them calling themselves the Long Beach State Beach. Just use Dirtbags for every team.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

MourningView posted:

I cannot get over them calling themselves the Long Beach State Beach. Just use Dirtbags for every team.

My college competed against the Heidelberg University The Berg and it drove me insane

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Henchman of Santa posted:

My college competed against the Heidelberg University The Berg and it drove me insane

It's even funnier if you use the actual full name of the school because they become the California State University Long Beach Beach.

Though I will say my wife (who went there) did once randomly get a "go Beach!" shouted at her while walking around Des Moines in her LBS sweatshirt, which honestly felt even weirder and more random than the time I got "Go Hawks" in Rome.