Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

slinkimalinki posted:

Yes but the other one's called "Man about the house"

Nicely done, also is your username from the song?

Edit, ed balls snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

If only you came here to post the Calvin and Hobbes 'ok boomer' comic instead Slippery

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

Inceltown posted:

If only you came here to post the Calvin and Hobbes 'ok boomer' comic instead Slippery

Ironic because "ok boomer" is generally an accurate response to much of calvin and hobbes otherwise

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Mister Olympus posted:

Ironic because "ok boomer" is generally an accurate response to much of calvin and hobbes otherwise

This isn't the IoSM thread

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Mister Olympus posted:

Lol, everyone look at this clown and their terrible takes.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

He's not wrong. C&H is solid but it's a really Boomer comic in a lot of ways.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Is it a Boomer comic in that the parent's ignore the obvious mental issues Calvin has and blames him for acting out?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Obviously mentally ill child who isn't beaten once: a boomer comic

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

mind the walrus posted:

Are you sure you're not thinking of that comic with the penguin and vomiting cat?

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

Calvin and Hobbes is very nourishing for the soul. That's my hot take!

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

mind the walrus posted:

Only if you agree with Calvin's dad.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Fister Roboto posted:

Only if you agree with Calvin's dad.

welp

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Haha, as soon as I posted I thought of that exact comic.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I’ve been saying ok boomer to my dad for over a decade wtf

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

You see, my father is a boomer and he likes to talk about stuff

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Stuff about the old days

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Stuff I don’t really give a poo poo about

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

mlmp

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
If you're over 16 you are too old and too privileged and have already enjoyed the fruits of this world and now you must be destroyed so the new generations can survive

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

:doit:That's fine with me what's the game plan?

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I know ‘em

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

My only issue with the Witcher TV show is that Geralt doesn't have two swords. That's like one of his main things.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

bony tony posted:

My only issue with the Witcher TV show is that Geralt doesn't have two swords. That's like one of his main things.

Apparently in the books he carries one sword a lot when on a mission. He just brings the one needed at the time.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

This is literally how half of youtubers make their money, and that was made in 1995?

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
The internet broke my brain

SpaceGoatFarts has a new favorite as of 11:11 on Nov 7, 2019

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Calvin's dad is basically the author's self-insert and not shy about his seething contempt for consumerism and capitalism in general. See also how he refuses to license any official merchandise besides book collections. (unfortunately we get the pissing stickers out of that, but that probably just proves his point)

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Is this supposed to be a woman who's torn herself open during birth?

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

Lobok posted:

Is this supposed to be a woman who's torn herself open during birth?

Hahah, ça déchire!

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Calvin's dad is basically the author's self-insert and not shy about his seething contempt for consumerism and capitalism in general. See also how he refuses to license any official merchandise besides book collections. (unfortunately we get the pissing stickers out of that, but that probably just proves his point)

At least we're spared the lovely, lovely movies that would be out by now, by people who missed the entire point of the comic

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
I have absolutely modeled my parenting style around Calvins dad. Everything “builds character” and if you don’t know the answer to something you just make poo poo up.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

C&H is a lot of things but I don't think I would ever have described it as a "boomer" comic.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Making poo poo up is something all dads do I think

I still don't entirely trust him

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

It's been a long time since I read through Calvin and Hobbes, but I don't remember a single instance of his dad saying "I hate my wife."

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

Zzulu posted:

If you're over 16 you are too old and too privileged and have already enjoyed the fruits of this world and now you must be destroyed so the new generations can survive

Promises promises.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Data Graham posted:

C&H is a lot of things but I don't think I would ever have described it as a "boomer" comic.

Bill Watterson is himself a Boomer, but a younger one. Maybe we should make him an honorary Xer. He'd like that. As a private person he'd appreciate that the rest of the world barely remembers that he exists.

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

Data Graham posted:

Maybe this is a meta Calvin’s dad joke. This is an homage to C&H’s dad - the invention of a deliberate and infuriating falsehood “CH is boomer comic” to either teach a lesson, to distract from some other issue, or out of sheer laziness and boredom.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Scratch Monkey posted:

Bill Watterson is himself a Boomer, but a younger one. Maybe we should make him an honorary Xer. He'd like that. As a private person he'd appreciate that the rest of the world barely remembers that he exists.

Being a boomer is mostly a state of mind these days.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Biplane posted:

My local chud is 2 years younger than me and every word out of his mouth I just mentally reply "ok boomer", it works 100%

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Biplane posted:

Yeah. Not everyone who grew up in that generation turned out to be a broke brains moron deadset on making sure everyone suffers after they die. poo poo, I was going to say that Bernie Sanders is from the boomer generation but it looks like he's about 5 years too old to be a boomer.

I also thought Bill Watterson did artwork for The Rembrandts but I must be batting .000 today. Here's some of his pre-Calvin art for his brother's band, The Rels. https://www.reddit.com/r/newspapercomics/comments/qdngl/could_this_possibly_be_new_bill_watterson_artwork/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Watterson, Gary Larson and Berkeley Breathed are three of the comic artists I respect the most simply because they knew when to quit. Granted, Breathed has started making Bloom County again, but he just does it for fun and tosses them up on Facebook and Twitter.