Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

getting this one ready

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I'm watching the movie. Good luck everyone.

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

and if it's a lie, terrorists made me say it
So there's no way to make my Playstation think I'm in New Zealand or something like that, right? Kinda sucks to have this icon on my menu taunting me.

I also refuse to troll players. I'm one of those people who always maxes out the sunbro covenant in Dark Souls games helping people beat bosses - the jolly co-operation part of this game sounds like it's extremely my poo poo.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
Please comment on the cutscenes as they happen in real time, tia

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

First sight in game.

Is bulging space suit man rear end.

Kojima's back baby.

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
The giant bomb review squad admitted that 2 out of 3 of them didn't even get to chapter 3, then admitted they didn't know if geology or geography was what a map shows you, then said america looks wide because of mercator projection (or was it greenspan projection... no wait greenland.... greenland looks big) in an extremely unconfident voice, trailing off and saying "thats a conversation for another day".

Realizing they had given away their low IQ status they quickly ended the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytPBnDDtvQ8&t=4628s

Also said they like kojima games because of unlimited ammunition weapons and "mowing dudes down, rambo style"

2/5 ok, I can accept it

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Maybe theres a way to create something more malicious than a stair to nowhere. Like a stair partially under the ground or inside a water, that would have the player die..

I know theres a way to ban bad mannered players, but if your contraction straight kill the player, he or she will be too confused about what happened to find the name of the perpetrators.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Modest Mao posted:

The giant bomb review squad admitted that 2 out of 3 of them didn't even get to chapter 3, then admitted they didn't know if geology or geography was what a map shows you, then said america looks wide because of mercator projection (or was it greenspan projection... no wait greenland.... greenland looks big) in an extremely unconfident voice, trailing off and saying "thats a conversation for another day".

Realizing they had given away their low IQ status they quickly ended the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytPBnDDtvQ8&t=4628s

Also said they like kojima games because of unlimited ammunition weapons and "mowing dudes down, rambo style"

2/5 ok, I can accept it

the giant bomb staff is composed entirely of human yawns

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Oxxidation posted:

the giant bomb staff is composed entirely of human yawns

I lol'd.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

first disco elysium and now death stranding, giant bomb is slowly but surely becoming the new polygon

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
So this is basically Kojima's version of Pay it Forward?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
1. Giant Bomb started to dive in quality when they split into east/west, it was all downhill from there.

2. Does this game play well at 30 fps? I'm really tired of getting suckered into buying console games that run at 30 because they look cool and then have total crap analog stick movement/acceleration/etc you can't turn off.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Giant bomb east is still good

Chello De Don
Nov 12, 2006

and now i do

net cafe scandal posted:

You freaks are going to make Loss and Dickbutt out of old rubble and pylons and it’s going to be completely unhelpful and maybe even obstructive to my humble journey

please make sure to give my bridges an extra like, you'll know it's me by my PSN ID "dadtoucher3000"

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
After 50 minutes I don't know what's going on and I've spent maybe ten minutes in gameplay goty

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

JBP posted:

After 50 minutes I don't know what's going on and I've spent maybe ten minutes in gameplay goty

Hype levels rising

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Giant bomb east is still good

That’s where all the crap comes from

I’m going to the art show. For a video game. I’m so excited for this.

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
Can’t wait to ride a zip line or drive on a road that will either make me fall off a cliff or into some monsters nest.

It’ll have lots of likes - “very helpful”

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Palpek posted:

To people who play at release: post your impressions as you're playing, I don't want to wait like 30 hours for the first post when you already changed your opinion 5 times.

For real. I'm honestly more excited to hear people's impressions than to play the game because I've got a feeling a lot of people are going to swing wildly.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
3 hours in and like 2 1/2 of that was cutscenes. Del Torro is just in this game to deliver super stilted exposition. Also buy Monster Energy!

The music is super dope though.

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit

Popelmon posted:

3 hours an like 2 1/2 of that was cutscenes. Del Torro is just in this game to deliver super stilted exposition. Also buy Monster Energy!

The music is super dope though.

Pls stop, I can only get so erect

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

JBP posted:

Veni... You loving suck. I like you, but Christ. You've no esprit de corps.

I kid, I kid. I only wanna build bridges into all of your hearts.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

JBP posted:

Shut the gently caress up about Disco Elysium go to the Monkey Island thread.

I preordered like the rest of you (mostly because it's 4 day weekend here) but why poo poo on the GOTY with possibly the best game writing seen to this day?

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

If I don't play the game as soon as it comes out, the entire landscape will be covered with ladders, and then I'll have no place to drop my ladder.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.

Rotten Red Rod posted:

For real. I'm honestly more excited to hear people's impressions than to play the game because I've got a feeling a lot of people are going to swing wildly.

This is me.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Can I go around ripping up the ladders of stupid Australians?

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

ZZZorcerer posted:

Can’t wait to ride a zip line or drive on a road that will either make me fall off a cliff or into some monsters nest.

It’ll have lots of likes - “very helpful”

It's Dark Souls message trolling all over again.

And that's why I'm gonna love it.

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

Ryan dying really hurt Giantbomb. Dude was just such a force by himself, there was no replacing him. :(

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

I found a pizza restaurant that is open long enough so they make me a pizza for game launch tonight. Of course I'll pick it up and deliver it to myself, right before DS unlocks.

I'll cheat though by using a car. gently caress that, I just found out they are only three blocks away from me. Tutorial mission, here I come.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My fetus edition isn’t arriving until late tomorrow it looks like what a nightmare

HampHamp
Oct 30, 2006
Around 2.5 hours in, loving it so far. The gameplay to cutscene ratio isn't quite as skewed toward cutscenes as I expected.

The graphics are astonishing, cutscene direction is off the charts, music is great, and the opening hour or so is batshit, in the best possible way.

Only real negatives for me so far are the apparent poor framepacing during some cutscenes, and my ps4 pro fan going nuts in cutscenes.

HampHamp fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Nov 7, 2019

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

The only thing that annoyed me about Giantbombs coverage of Death Stranding is that literally every person on staff has played a significant portion of it. Press coverage of the game has gotten so far ahead of the game that it already feels like old news.

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

I’m driving from Seattle to Portland tomorrow and I’ll be picking up my Death Stranding CE from Best Buy on the way back. I’ll post impressions of my trip, you’re welcome.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

HampHamp posted:

Only real negatives for me so far are the apparent poor framepacing during some cutscenes, and my ps4 pro fan going nuts in cutscenes.

drat, my does that with most games, and I'm too lazy to clean the thing. So I can assume my PS4 will explode? Gotta watch that tutorial video posted earlier.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Bummer, looks like the game is locked to the region where you bought it as a lot of PS4 games are these days, so changing your PS4 region to play it early won't work here.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Does Kojima have kids? This game makes me think he'd either be an amazing dad or a terrible one.

It's gloriously incomprehensible, but climbing through mountains with my bottle baby is nice and soothing

HampHamp
Oct 30, 2006

tuo posted:

drat, my does that with most games, and I'm too lazy to clean the thing. So I can assume my PS4 will explode? Gotta watch that tutorial video posted earlier.

Yeah it's pretty rough, but not so much during gameplay. Have you tried just hoovering out all the vents? I did that recently and it definitely helped a bit, I'm way too scared to do the full thermal paste replacement stuff.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Ah the one time i get a game earlier than release its time locked :(

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I’m here an hour early. This is gonna be the longest 60 minutes of my life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The total cutscene time is 8 hours and 10 minutes