Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

i loving love science

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Using laminar flow (that’s chemical engineering) to generate a piss tape

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Alan Smithee posted:

Using laminar flow (that’s chemical engineering) to generate a piss tape

lmao

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/y0b1byte/status/1182363296177016834

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/BullenRoss/status/1187039545965064193

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

jimmyjams posted:

isnt that also hilariously defeatable by simply putting a rock in your shoe

or do it the easy way like me and give yourself gout

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

I used all my past decisions as training data to help me make decisions but now the bot keeps terminating itself. anyone have advice?

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

what if real AI has been invented dozens of times but the systems all self-terminate microseconds after achieving sentience

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Use your modem to connect to 1-800-273-8255.

Winkle-Daddy
Mar 10, 2007
I know very little about machine learning, but I know a little bit about tensorflow. I've done some GAN development for generating pictures or whatever little toy projects you can run on a local machine. However, because of my job, I get a lot of random solicitations for business ideas through various people I know. One such crazy person I recently invited to a discord channel to explain his revolutionary idea to me. He then started dropping some TempleOS and Timecube level crazy. Enjoy?

crazy gently caress posted:

A little past, from 1988 to 1994 our team built a reactor simulator of Fukushima's reactor protection system, it's reactor operator control board and it's schematic drawings. We modeled the human operators understanding of reality using a dual model (2 hemispheres of brain) and a trinary object model (Form, f(x), Process(t)). The result was a more robust method of accurately perceiving the fractal nature of data and how it could be used to create "What-if" scenarios. [...] I believe i have refined the details of a trinary object data structure and Object Oriented Modeling Environment to build a fractal reasoning engine."

Because that nonsense obviously means gently caress all I asked him to elaborate on what he meant. After first telling me he's in the sauna for some reason he vomited this poo poo all over my screen:

psyboom.gif posted:

My goal is to build a central object data repository and Reasoning Engine using a multi-dimensional data structure to more efficiently capture context and intention. The intention based dialogue presented as Ships computer from Star Trek to each guest or crew member is unique to their post. We as a society need tools to help people become focused not distracted on what ever post they admire. Focused on what they eat, getting healthy and improving ones life. A personal interface/instructor, maybe like Hypatia from the Library of Alexandria assisting in your life's quest for knowledge and truth. I would be glad to set up a video chat and discuss how I define a object as multi dimensional

That didn't make any sense, so he kept typing

ehhhhh posted:

True AI should reflect the makeup of the human mind, and I contend that makeup is not one but two models (Physical:Logical). I further contend Nature displays three attractors of life, I call them (Form, f(x), Process). My work stems from these abstractions and how they could be used to create virtual augmented shared space with rich content.

Anyway, what I want to know now is which ML library should I install to make a star trek computer using a trinary object model(???)?

animist
Aug 28, 2018

Winkle-Daddy posted:

Anyway, what I want to know now is which ML library should I install to make a star trek computer using a trinary object model(???)?

maybe pytorch?

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
the minute anyone says the word "ontology" I want you to shout BULLSHIT as loud as you can

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

rotor posted:

the minute anyone says the word "ontology" I want you to shout BULLSHIT as loud as you can

how about semiotics

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

idk that seems ok to me

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Jonny 290 posted:

how about semiotics

good enough for umberto eco, good enough for me

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

i spent a lot of time around AI people in the late 90s and for whatever reason every time someone said 'ontology' it was like "ok we're at T-minus-some-bullshit o'clock"

animist
Aug 28, 2018
ontology is when you add IF-THEN statements to your code, and the more IF-THEN statements you add, the more ontological it is

Winkle-Daddy
Mar 10, 2007

animist posted:

maybe pytorch?

I'll let him know, though I banned him for mixing up your and you're consistently, so he may not respond anymore.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

should have asked him for his fukushima code imo

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Sure its not eripsa you have allowed to infect your discord?

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

John Diefenbaker is a madman who thinks he's John Diefenbaker.
Pillbug
ive gotten a lot of use out of cell ontology http://www.obofoundry.org/ontology/cl.html

animist
Aug 28, 2018
i noticed i had some strange lumps in my brain so i went to see an ontologist

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

animist posted:

i noticed i had some strange lumps in my brain so i went to see an ontologist

i later died of cancer, depending on your perspective

what does it mean to have died?

animist
Aug 28, 2018
https://twitter.com/stephentyrone/status/1192053227061207040

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Very Cool

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

ontology recapitulates phylology

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

fritz posted:

ontology catapults physiology

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

and legal

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
ontology redistributes phylactery

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

It's an honest mistake, you see the car is programmed to hit cyclists at 45mph and it got confused.

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
I kept reading Herzberg as Herzog

clearly non-machine learning also has a ways to go

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Salt Fish posted:

It's an honest mistake, you see the car is programmed to hit cyclists at 45mph and it got confused.

well someone in that thread said it had a 1 second delay before braking to avoid false alarms. so every reclassification triggered an additional 1 second delay

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

fart simpson posted:

well someone in that thread said it had a 1 second delay before braking to avoid false alarms. so every reclassification triggered an additional 1 second delay

significantly slower than human reaction time so lol at the core argument for computer driving

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Captain Foo posted:

significantly slower than human reaction time so lol at the core argument for computer driving

disagree a 1 second reaction time is far faster than the human driver who is currently watching Harry Potter on his iPad while his car drives checkmate ICEailures :smug:

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
There’s a guy going to present his paper here “identifying voters through web history”

So many great uses for this tech

:negative:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Captain Foo posted:

i was going to post this same thing but i looked it up and apparently the NHTSA figure for average human reaction time in an emergency situation, based on wide-ranging studies, is 1.5 to 3 seconds.

three seconds. at 60mph you cover 250 feet in that time. jesus christ. start banning drivers until we get that average down under 1s please

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

if elected president i will require driver re-testing every three years and drivers will be graded on a bell curve. those scoring in the lowest 25% of all drivers tested will have their license revoked.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Sagebrush posted:

i was going to post this same thing but i looked it up and apparently the NHTSA figure for average human reaction time in an emergency situation, based on wide-ranging studies, is 1.5 to 3 seconds.

three seconds. at 60mph you cover 250 feet in that time. jesus christ. start banning drivers until we get that average down under 1s please

At least we don't reset the clock Everytime something happens during that emergency

animist
Aug 28, 2018

Sagebrush posted:

if elected president i will require driver re-testing every three years and drivers will be graded on a bell curve. those scoring in the lowest 25% of all drivers tested will have their license revoked.

use this as an excuse to build more public transit pls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

animist posted:

use this as an excuse to build more public transit pls

See, at this point the people forced to take public transit really will be the inferiors of everyone else, though?

Use it as a reason for cuts, really.