Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
did i ever tell you guys about the time i made a reference to q-bert in class a few years ago and none of the other students knew wtf i was talking about? it was some real poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
my wife has always cracked her neck, back, etc. and told me a story from when she was a teenager

one day before homeroom she grabbed her head and twisted to crack her neck and it made a most satisfying loud crack and she thought it’d be funny to just slump down limp and lifeless afterwards

the girl behind her screamed thinking she’d actually broken her own neck

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
im young at heart though so I’m sure they all thought i was pretty rad.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
president beep more like president boomer

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

FMguru posted:

president beep more like president boomer

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

echinopsis posted:

when ecstasy and raves were a thing in 80/90s people were dying (maybe it was just one or two) from that water intoxication thing, so the knowledge because to drink powerade or whatever because it supplies electrolytes and you can just drink boatloads of it

i think

overdosing on opioids must be the best way to die

no, they weren't. they were dying from the meth and/or drain cleaner in the pills

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

and occasionally heat stroke

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
boomer fucks loved propagating the 'water intoxication' trope because it was seen as a SEE HOW DANGEROUS THESE RAVES ARE? YOU LOSE YOUR MIND SO BADLY THAT YOU _KILL_ YOURSELF WITH _WATER_ but 99.9% of the rave deaths were due to crank and other adulterants in pills, because mdma was so heavily cracked down on that they resorted to cutting it to make money.

the problem was the war on drugs, the problem they wanted to propose was MDMA IS SATAN

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

ok

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

I never heard anybody mention “water intoxication” back in the day. there was a lot of pearl clutching about raves, but “you’ll get so high you od on water” is new on me. everything I heard was the exact opposite, ie dehydration, overheating, etc 🤷‍♀️

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

rotor posted:

my neck ... my back ... my bad knee and my [CRACK] ah gently caress

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

NoneMoreNegative posted:

i’m so dumb and i smell

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

biggest risk of death from getting high af at dance parties is dying from embarassment the next day when you think back on the poo poo you said/did, the way you danced, etc

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Remember PLUR?

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Gentle Autist posted:

biggest risk of death from getting high af at dance parties is dying from embarassment the next day when you think back on the poo poo you said/did, the way you danced, etc

while this is true, tragically most deaths could be prevented by realizing that nobody really gives a poo poo

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

i've only talked poo poo on the way a guy danced once

it was because he was skanking at a house show

as long as you don't do that who gives a poo poo

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

TOOT BOOT posted:

Remember PLUR?

PLURNT JORTS

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I literally know the person who invented plur

raves are awesome, folks could use some of that nowadays instead of candy flipping adderal and xanax or whatever the youths are doing today

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

qirex posted:

I literally know the person who invented plur

raves are awesome, folks could use some of that nowadays instead of candy flipping adderal and xanax or whatever the youths are doing today

por que no los dos?

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

that quote is totally taken out of context!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

President Beep posted:

that quote is totally taken out of context!

So why exactly do you have a BDSM-gear-cock on your chin.

Oh wait that's a drat fool question isn't it :doh:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Jerry Cotton posted:

cant unsee

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

:same:

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Jerry Cotton posted:

oh poo poo

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Jonny 290 posted:

no, they weren't. they were dying from the meth and/or drain cleaner in the pills

powerade still makes it safe tho

qirex posted:

I literally know the person who invented plurals

was disappointed to find out this isn’t how your sentence went

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

*people

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

oh no

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

lomarf

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

lol

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Jerry Cotton posted:

lol

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Agile Vector posted:

were currently running through frasier and im seriously considering a sherry addition to the liquor side table

ive said it before but for sleep I take 1.5–3mg of melatonin a night and wake feeling mostly rested and remembering strange dreams after years of having neither. my white noise and ambient sleep music app fill in the background now that its too quiet by our place

I just picked up some melatonin from the store. The pills are 5mg though, so hopefully it isn't too strong.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

akadajet posted:

I just picked up some melatonin from the store. The pills are 5mg though, so hopefully it isn't too strong.

as a reference, 2mg sustained release would be considered very middle of the road and I personally haven't seen anyone here take more than 3mg. it could be the price holding them back, but also keep in mind, and this is just my opinion, is that they aren't a sleeping tablet, it's more like giving insulin to diabetic. but who knows gently caress it, I mean I live my life as if my brain is a tub of silly putty

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

John Diefenbaker is a madman who thinks he's John Diefenbaker.
Pillbug
iirc melatonin is/was one of the weird supplements where some people are like "0.25mg knocks me out cold" and some people take 80mg with no ill effects

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

Lysidas posted:

iirc melatonin is/was one of the weird supplements where some people are like "0.25mg knocks me out cold" and some people take 80mg with no ill effects

I still have a bottle from like 2014 that I use sometimes to help me sleep. I break the pills in half because a whole one gives me some insane loving dreams.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

it does give me some wild adventure dreams at 10mg, even 3mg gives me really interesting memorable ones

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

I took 5mg last night and don't remember any dreams. But I'll try again 2nite!!

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
this thread is indistinguishable from ham radio

and i love it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
my wife is insisting her macbair is not her macbair and that hers was "smaller" despite the fact that we have had excatly two macbairs and one of them broke and got dumped in the recycle bin

in other news i'm headin out to walgreens to buy some melatonin and some milk duds