Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

And what's with the BTs? Why can't these guys be normal ghosts, just semi-transparent dudes wearing a sheet? Huh? You got an answer for that, Kojima?
I'm serious, nothing would be different if these guys were just normal bandit types that didn't want to live in the cities.

If you think about it, the cities must be Oceana's wet dream. Every person is a potential nuke so you'd have to monitor them 24/7 to make sure they don't die without being noticed. To say nothing of dealing with terrorists like the Homo Demens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

SardonicTyrant posted:

I'm serious, nothing would be different if these guys were just normal bandit types that didn't want to live in the cities.

It's totally obvious that if there wasn't a difference then you wouldn't be bothered by it. Think about the context rather than reflexively rejecting it.

In the interest of full disclosure, I find anyone saying "why couldn't this artist make their work more conventional?" to be disappointing.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

It's totally obvious that if there wasn't a difference then you wouldn't be bothered by it. Think about the context rather than reflexively rejecting it.

In the interest of full disclosure, I find anyone saying "why couldn't this artist make their work more conventional?" to be disappointing.

Take an obvious, conventional trope. Now think of something even more stupid. Welcome to Death Stranding, and what people call "unconventional".

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Panzeh posted:

Take an obvious, conventional trope. Now think of something even more stupid. Welcome to Death Stranding, and what people call "unconventional".
lol

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

sexpig by night posted:

welp for some reason Amazon is still saying they're preparing shipment and can't get me shipping info so I guess I'll get my shipping simulator when it gets shipped...oh the irony

Why would anyone buy physical copies of games in TYOOL 2019?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

saved money

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

Cheaper

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Panzeh posted:

How many entries on TVTropes have you posted? Just curious.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Ah, that makes sense I guess.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
But at what cost.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Yo I'm getting this today is the difficulty a thing where 'hard' is the regular mode if you've played a video game and 'normal' is the baby-time frolics mode or will hard actually gently caress you up a la God of War

lurker2006
Jul 30, 2019

Wolfsheim posted:

baby-time frolics mode
That's literally the premise of the game.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
You'll quit out of boredom long before any difficulty begins to set in.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Jim Sterling's impressions are up.

He didn't like it.

Six AM
Nov 30, 2008

American McGay posted:

You'll quit out of boredom long before any difficulty begins to set in.

Oh man, hes really feelin it now. Cant wait to read more of this guys witty zingers

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

i don’t know who that is but i just googled him and loving lol

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
excited to play this wretched game no one likes

Six AM
Nov 30, 2008
Can you imagine watching youtube video game personalities

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Wolfsheim posted:

Yo I'm getting this today is the difficulty a thing where 'hard' is the regular mode if you've played a video game and 'normal' is the baby-time frolics mode or will hard actually gently caress you up a la God of War

Just got into Chapter 3, and Hard is still pretty easy.

I never thought I'd say it, but I feel this game needs some survival/starvation mechanics. I had an absolutely nail-biting delivery, where I got BT'ed, had a frantic scrabble with a ghost whale and barely limped to the depot, battered, bleeding, and with half my cargo rusted to bits. And.....there's no consequence. I got there, so all is cool, heal up, regear with all my resources and tootle off on my merry way.

Compare to say, Pathologic 2, where every scrap of food, every vial of medicine is vitally important, which makes the victories all the sweeter, and gives you this wonderful emergent gameplay where you let innocent people die because youre too busy scrounging to afford a mere 4 bullets for your revolver.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
I only read reviews to hear about how smart i am for playing hideo koijima's games.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Well, GOONGRATULATIONS on a game so hilariously bad that even game jornos couldn't quite put their finger on it.

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

and if it's a lie, terrorists made me say it
So if that suit with the tiny little hood is all it takes to protect Norman Reedus from the time rain, why can’t I just put a tarp of it over my cargo so I don’t have to worry about it rusting away?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Popular Human posted:

So if that suit with the tiny little hood is all it takes to protect Norman Reedus from the time rain, why can’t I just put a tarp of it over my cargo so I don’t have to worry about it rusting away?
Think about the context rather than reflexively rejecting it.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

Popular Human posted:

nanomachines

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
Lol at all the boring opinions in here. Can't wait for a dude named Heartman to exposit to me endlessly.

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"

Popular Human posted:

You can find someone who can give you that.

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

and if it's a lie, terrorists made me say it

The Unnamed One posted:

You can find someone who can give you that.

Good to know! I’m enjoying the game, I’m just not liking the lack of options to mitigate the whole timefall thing.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

American McGay posted:

Think about the context rather than reflexively rejecting it.

Sorry to get in the way of your all-day freakout of compulsively refreshing this thread every 10 minutes so you can post variants on "game bad"

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Vikar Jerome posted:

the intro credit says written by kenji yano.

game is designed, producted, directed and cast by hideo kojima.

i've only just started chapter 1 but everything so far as been fine and the cutscenes great. i mean there are new words for the future game world popping up you barely have context for in a expositiony way, as par the course for a kojima game, but im not sure what the hell you are expecting here. it looks and sounds great to me and its making sense from what little context i have so... :shrug:

anyway, glad the GTD voice actor is doing his best GTD impression, i thought it was gonna be some random american accent. also lol at people telling me there would be no codec. big grins when i saw that word.

Just you wait

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

Strom Cuzewon posted:

Just got into Chapter 3, and Hard is still pretty easy.

I never thought I'd say it, but I feel this game needs some survival/starvation mechanics. I had an absolutely nail-biting delivery, where I got BT'ed, had a frantic scrabble with a ghost whale and barely limped to the depot, battered, bleeding, and with half my cargo rusted to bits. And.....there's no consequence. I got there, so all is cool, heal up, regear with all my resources and tootle off on my merry way.

Compare to say, Pathologic 2, where every scrap of food, every vial of medicine is vitally important, which makes the victories all the sweeter, and gives you this wonderful emergent gameplay where you let innocent people die because youre too busy scrounging to afford a mere 4 bullets for your revolver.

Imagine if you got yourself trapped in a scenario where you had to bean wildlife with your package(s) to stop them from mauling you to death but that also potentially lowered your rating. Instead

*spams poo poo grenades and kills giant goo monster in <20 secs*

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

WatermelonGun posted:

i don’t know who that is but i just googled him and loving lol

Jim Sterling videos' are thoughtful and earnest. I like him and respect his opinions, but I can see others being put off by him - but his silly persona is intentional and very tongue in cheek. Hell, he's now a heel wrestler as well.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
kojima might be the dumbest motherfucker who think he has deep toughts ever. goddamit that was his charm all this time isnt it?

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

DoctorGonzo posted:

kojima might be the dumbest motherfucker who think he has deep toughts ever. goddamit that was his charm all this time isnt it?

He predicted with near perfect accuracy what the internet was going to become in 2015 onward back in 2002.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

1:Hello, Guy Delivery Thingsman, I’m the director of this community. They call me... Video Gamer. Have you brought our insulin?

2: *grunt*

1: Ah! I have a nostalgic feeling talking with you. I think we shall be great friends. Please, come inside and let us discuss our favorite books and movies!

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

DoctorGonzo posted:

Yes. Yes it was.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

This game reminds me of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68D-gXsdQVA

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Kojima should really learn English

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

Game seems to retain every autosave for each individual order. I just uploaded my saves after a play session and was surprised to see 52 files weighing in around 650mb.

They'll probably want to patch that one, seems odd it made it through to release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

sterling hates walking simulators as a rule so the idea of him giving the gran turismo of walking simulators a good review is quite laughable