Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.

I said come in! posted:

This is the same website that wrote an opinion piece about how taxing billionaires is a bad idea. Please look into who owns the Washington Post if you're not already aware. The Washington Post sucks.

The website didn't write it, an author for the Opinions section did. WaPo is generally fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

Lol the fact that some people don't like this game is making some posters itt go full gamergate

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Look Sir Droids posted:

The website didn't write it, an author for the Opinions section did. WaPo is generally fine.

Look sir! Bad opinions!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

IDK what all these whining game reviewers were on about. I have been playing for 5 hours and not been bored once.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Steve Yun posted:

The menu system sucks.

Agreed. There are some screens that get really information heavy and just looks like a mess of words and numbers.

Also weird that you keep empty crates on you after using whatever item it is.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Rotten Red Rod posted:

My name is BADPOSTERMAN. I bet you're wondering how I got that name, huh? Well, I have a powerpoint presentation...

My name is PREMATUREEJACULATIONMAN. I can show you how I got that name, but you probably won't enjoy it. :shrug:

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

KrunkMcGrunk posted:

Lol the fact that some people don't like this game is making some posters itt go full gamergate

there's isn't any misogyny, antiseimitism or racism itt so i fail to see how it's like gamergate

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

KrunkMcGrunk posted:

Weirder to me is all the "gently caress THE GAME REVIEWERS" when the game has an 83 on Metacritic, and most posivitive reviews seem to be 90 or above :confused:

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Pro tip: if you want to be a karma whore, post anything immediately outside of a terminal. It could be an advice message, an inspirational message, or even something useless like an anchor.

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

I'm not seeing anyone in the thread saying everyone has to like it. I am definitely reading a lot of sentiment that everyone has to hate it.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Look sir! Bad opinions!

:words:

Oh. A Bernie Bro.

That explains it.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Steve Yun posted:

The menu system sucks.
This is how I know people have played the game.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
WaPo is indeed neoliberal trash but I did not expect that to come up itt of all places

I guess the brain breaking is coming on faster than anticipated

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

Wolfsheim posted:

WaPo is indeed neoliberal trash but I did not expect that to come up itt of all places

Just the strands of different discussion threads bringing us together itt

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Wolfsheim posted:

Kojima's games are extremely on-the-nose political critiques so it doesn't surprise me at all. You're going to see this go lots of weird places.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Romes128 posted:

Agreed. There are some screens that get really information heavy and just looks like a mess of words and numbers.

Also weird that you keep empty crates on you after using whatever item it is.

Please don't litter

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

Vikar Jerome posted:

This is a bad thread.

Counter-Opinion, this is a very good thread and I'm enjoying the alternative "This game is amazing you just don't get Kojima" and "no this game is actually really bad" posts.

I don't even need to play it, I am living vicariously through this thread. :allears:

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Look Sir Droids posted:

Lol. sweet summer child

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.
This thread is giving me whiplash.

I am not far in enough to say whether or not I'm "sold" on the game but I have been enjoying my time. It's kinda weird, because it does evoke some of the deliberate sluggishness of RDR2, but whereas that game went all in on maximalism ("you can do anything!!"), this game seems like ideas were whittled down until the only core of the game was "deliver poo poo to connect people," and then they added just enough systems around that seed to make it a proper game.

I also think that those people who consider it to be garbage are outright dismissing the aesthetic value and originality of it, but hey, I suppose I did that with RDR2 as well.

f#a# fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Nov 8, 2019

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Should I care whether anyone Likes my poo poo? I can't tell.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

lets hang out posted:

Please don't litter

Listen. If I can pee out in the open I can leave empty grenade crates wherever I want.

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.
Oh PS, the size of the UI text in this game might make me finally upgrade my poor twelve-year-old 42". I like how every PS4 game just gets smaller and smaller.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

blue squares posted:

Should I care whether anyone Likes my poo poo? I can't tell.

Likes seem to be your exp which levels up different traits. You get upgrades based on those traits like being able to carry more stuff. But you get way more likes just delivering stuff rather than having stuff out in the wild. The only high "like" thing I saw was a bridge that had 3500 likes.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
I've been watching Cohh's stream for a few hours - I think I've seen pretty much all the gameplay the game has to offer but I'm intrigued by the story.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

f#a# posted:

I am not far in enough to say whether or not I'm "sold" on the game but I have been enjoying my time. It's kinda weird, because it does evoke some of the deliberate sluggishness of RDR2, but whereas that game went all in on maximalism ("you can do anything!!"), this game seems like ideas were whittled down until the only core of the game was "deliver poo poo to connect people," and then they added just enough systems around that seed to make it a proper game.

I also think that those people who consider it to be garbage are outright dismissing the aesthetic value and originality of it, but hey, I suppose I did that with RDR2 as well.

I think I find people's reactions to Kojima games more fascinating than the games themselves.

lurker2006
Jul 30, 2019

f#a# posted:

I am not far in enough to say whether or not I'm "sold" on the game but I have been enjoying my time. It's kinda weird, because it does evoke some of the deliberate sluggishness of RDR2, but whereas that game went all in on maximalism ("you can do anything!!"), this game seems like ideas where whittled down until the only core of the game was "deliver poo poo to connect people," and then they added just enough systems around that seed to make it a proper game.

The basic idea of it seems intriguing, but I'm worried it's not going to go anywhere surprising or interesting after 30 hours. What I've heard about the boss fights being brain dead especially bummed me out knowing Kojima's pedigree.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
I think I walked like, five miles and now I’ve seen 10% of America

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

Steve Yun posted:

The menu system sucks.

Menu and screen text is too small, and you can't change the size. Even with a 55 inch tv being less than 8 feet away it's difficult to read sometimes.

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

and if it's a lie, terrorists made me say it
So I’m seven hours in, and my main impression of the game so far is that it’s kinda boring? The world is cool, I’m interested in finding out more about the setting and the relationship between Mads Mikkelson and the baby, but the actual gameplay just seems boring and easy. Any cliffs or rivers get TONS of ladders/bridges as soon as you connect to the network, and the solution to MULEs and BTs is just to run (I’m pretty sure it’s faster to let yourself get caught by a BT and sprint out of its ‘attack zone’ then to actually sneak around them all).

I’m hoping there’s a big left-field turn coming or this game opens up and throws more enemies into the mix, because if it’s sixty hours of this I don’t think there’s enough there there to keep me engaged in the story.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013

Popular Human posted:

So I’m seven hours in, and my main impression of the game so far is that it’s kinda boring? The world is cool, I’m interested in finding out more about the setting and the relationship between Mads Mikkelson and the baby, but the actual gameplay just seems boring and easy. Any cliffs or rivers get TONS of ladders/bridges as soon as you connect to the network, and the solution to MULEs and BTs is just to run (I’m pretty sure it’s faster to let yourself get caught by a BT and sprint out of its ‘attack zone’ then to actually sneak around them all).

I’m hoping there’s a big left-field turn coming or this game opens up and throws more enemies into the mix, because if it’s sixty hours of this I don’t think there’s enough there there to keep me engaged in the story.

It seems like it'll be a great game to watch on those Game Movie channels that cut out all the unnecessary gameplay and just show the story parts.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
I don’t have a PS4 but this game seems really interesting having watched a few hours on YouTube, but the guy was pretty annoying going on about how he didn’t know what was going on when it was relatively simple stuff. Is anyone good playing this on YouTube?

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Look Sir Droids posted:

Oh. A Bernie Bro.

That explains it.

Oh a loving idiot

That explains it

(Because wapo has no control over what stories they publish, right, or ideological bias?)

Phi230 fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Nov 8, 2019

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I love it when norman reedus walks. I love it when he poops. I love pissing as norman reedus.

I am going walk till I can't walk no more. With a baby

In fact I only wish it was MORE like QWOP

Phi230 fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Nov 8, 2019

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
The fact it's not a woman with a baby really speaks to Hideos inherent misogyny.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
I don't know why but I feel like I'm going to pick up some Monster Energy ™️ Drink down at the Kroger later.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Thom12255 posted:

I don't know why but I feel like I'm going to pick up some Monster Energy ™️ Drink down at the Kroger later.

The real connections were the heart attacks and diabetes we made along the way

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018
Democracy Dies In Darkness! *literally darkens your screen to prevent you from reading if you don't pony up a subscription*

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Man, people love their oxy in this world.

JUST LIKE REAL LIFE

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

Phi230 posted:

Oh a loving idiot

That explains it

(Because wapo has no control over what stories they publish, right, or ideological bias?)

True to form lol.

Whining about legacy media is a MAGAt move. Also irrelevant to them publishing an article about Kojima. But by all means, do your thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ceramics
May 26, 2014

I like this game :)