Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

InnercityGriot posted:

This is incredibly wrong Jesus Christ

A bike wheel sticking out of a stool is just trash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Look Sir Droids posted:

True to form lol.

Whining about legacy media is a MAGAt move. Also irrelevant to them publishing an article about Kojima. But by all means, do your thing.

Lol :allears:

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018

Ceramics posted:

I like this game :)

who the gently caress are you!

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Look Sir Droids posted:

Whining about legacy media is a MAGAt move.

On the other hand, bootlicking an outlet with a track record of being anti-left and owned by rightwing billionaire Jeff Bezos is extremely left and good.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Noped out after an hour of watching someone else's stream. The writing is really bad and only saved by the high production value. I'd say it's on par with some rpgmaker poo poo you find on fansites. This is like huffing your own farts and calling it DMT.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Look Sir Droids posted:

True to form lol.

Whining about legacy media is a MAGAt move. Also irrelevant to them publishing an article about Kojima. But by all means, do your thing.

So do you liberals only have the same 4 arguments or what

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
WAPO is still better than NYT for at least not licking the fascist's boots.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Steve Yun posted:

I think I walked like, five miles and now I’ve seen 10% of America

lol yeah every time I connect another hub and see the whole map I'm like "lmao that's hundreds of miles away in reality" and I got there in less than an hour on foot. Of course, I wouldn't want to have to walk for weeks in game either

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy

mike12345 posted:

Noped out after an hour of watching someone else's stream. The writing is really bad and only saved by the high production value. I'd say it's on par with some rpgmaker poo poo you find on fansites. This is like huffing your own farts and calling it DMT.
yea. i love it

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Thom12255 posted:

Nah they do puff pieces of nazis too, they also put articles like "maybe democracy isn't a good idea"

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
I like game.

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

This thread is perversely fascinating as someone who liked MGSurvive. It’s kind of like an out of body experience.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
It fuckin rules that a game whose primary message is that we should work together to make connections/bring people together is incredibly divisive and tearing people apart

Game good

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Bernie Stranders

Ceramics
May 26, 2014

RBA Starblade posted:

Bernie Stranders

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

HUD question, how does the I think it's the endurance bar work? The teal one below the baby bar on the map screen. For me it seems to always be half full or so. When I run a white line appears on it so I figure I'm spending it slowly. It seems to refill less than the stamina bar, and not fully. Though I haven't returned to the chill room yet.

Hamelekim posted:

Menu and screen text is too small, and you can't change the size. Even with a 55 inch tv being less than 8 feet away it's difficult to read sometimes.

Playstation's PS button plus Square button to zoom option is a lifesaver for me here, and I use it in a lot of games. Can enable that in the system's accessibility setting if you haven't.

On melodrama, came up a page ago, melodrama often rules. Or at least this kind of epic heart on it's sleeve earnest drama. I guess I could just say well done melodrama. Stuff like HK movies (John Woo), Japan stuff (Gundam, fine anime and movies) etc, I really enjoy that style of drama. It genuinely moves me and I connect with it, so to me that full on style of drama rules.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I'm up to chapter three and this is hands down my favourite game of the year. I love it.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

RBA Starblade posted:

Bernie Stranders

Shaking a fetus wildly in anger

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Yeah I mean all the gripes of the game are literally just describing all that we knew of the game before launch.

Norman reekris, future postman, wandering around alone delivering packages with the usual paranormal brain-damaged anime Kojima nonsense smeared liberally all over the surface.

Can't wait to get home and see how many boxes of painkillers I can tumble down a mountain with.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I'll never play this game but I will say that I have a nice, hearty laugh right from my belly every time I see one of the commercials for it that make it seem like a conventional action game given what I know about it from being terminally online

also lmao @ degenerate liberalism in this thread for a game wherein the only good things in your life are built up from a structure of mutual aid among others in your exploited class of gig economy slaves

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

RBA Starblade posted:

Bernie Stranders

Bridge Bernie just absolutley going nuts when a capitalist draws too near

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Thom12255 posted:

Both are bad

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

RBA Starblade posted:

Bernie Stranders

:hai:

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Been watching streams of this, and I feel that while the environments are absolutely gorgeous, they are also kind of... boring? There's not much to look at other than rivers and rocks, and there doesn't seem to be any wildlife of any kind. Does it get better later?

As a side note, the first area looks a lot like the highlands/low mountain areas here, not how I expected eastern US to look, but hey.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Heavy Metal posted:

HUD question, how does the I think it's the endurance bar work? The teal one below the baby bar on the map screen. For me it seems to always be half full or so. When I run a white line appears on it so I figure I'm spending it slowly. It seems to refill less than the stamina bar, and not fully. Though I haven't returned to the chill room yet.
That's your shoe's durability. You should recycle that pair and fabricate some new ones.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Broken Cog posted:

Been watching streams of this, and I feel that while the environments are absolutely gorgeous, they are also kind of... boring? There's not much to look at other than rivers and rocks, and there doesn't seem to be any wildlife of any kind. Does it get better later?

As a side note, the first area looks a lot like the highlands/low mountain areas here, not how I expected eastern US to look, but hey.

I think the story explanation is the timefall wiped away any points of interest and reshaped the landscape.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
the game is installing and i’m taking my dog to the dog park right now

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

blue squares posted:

lol yeah every time I connect another hub and see the whole map I'm like "lmao that's hundreds of miles away in reality" and I got there in less than an hour on foot. Of course, I wouldn't want to have to walk for weeks in game either

I would, actually

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

SardonicTyrant posted:

That's your shoe's durability. You should recycle that pair and fabricate some new ones.

Much thanks! I've had a second pair on the clip for some time. I don't know about recycling, unless the game shows you that later, or I haven't noticed it. I'm on that early-ish mission with the rare metals delivery.

Broken Cog posted:

It's desolate and surreal pretty much. For wildlife and variety on terrain, that's more for your usual open world fantasy RPG. This has some Silent Hill in it's DNA for example. I dig it myself. They did mention a snow mountain area in interviews.

And it's not just a post apocalyptic USA type thing, it's a far out way reshaped and messed with in all sorts of ways situation kind of place. It just happens to be where America was.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

RBA Starblade posted:

Bernie Stranders

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
When you have the BB plugged in the stealth bits, how are you meant to really go through them? I’ve only done a couple but I felt I just stumbled through crouching moving slowly, holding my breath, and when I ran out of breath just waited a few seconds still until I could again. There didn’t seem to be much rhyme or reason to where I went. Did I get lucky? Is the orange attachment where the BTs are coming from or where I should be going?

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

The stairs lead down in both directions.

:hmmyes:

I'm so glad I've reached the age where I can just enjoy what I want without having to feel compelled to care whether or not it's popular with critics or most people in general. The game is good and if you don't like it then I'm sorry, but I can't help you with that. I'll just be over here having fun playing post apocalyptic ghost world courier man while being blissfully indifferent to metacritic scores.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I've just taken on the first delivery in chapter three. I've got a theory/feeling about the game world that there are only a few actually living humans out there and everyone else is a representation of a human. There was a conversation with Deadman about representative people using data and it didn't sound like he meant a straight up hologram projection. I also think the timefall and the data transfer happening instantly no matter the size (which one character says is ludicrous and amounts to the data travelling through time instead of space) might point the people in the world being largely memories of people.

Catsplosion
Aug 19, 2007

I am become Dwarf, the destroyer of cats.

Rotten Red Rod posted:

I think the story explanation is the timefall wiped away any points of interest and reshaped the landscape.

So time washes away all things but they can be rebuilt by the hopeful (stubborn?) survivors?

'My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!'

I hope my copy arrives tomorrow. It's my last day off before I'm busy until well after Christmas and I'm expecting to enjoy another of Hideos weird walks.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Catsplosion posted:

So time washes away all things but they can be rebuilt by the hopeful (stubborn?) survivors?

'My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!'

I hope my copy arrives tomorrow. It's my last day off before I'm busy until well after Christmas and I'm expecting to enjoy another of Hideos weird walks.

I know it's also the given reason that player-built structures also decay, so... Probably not.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Just unlocked fast travel, laughing at the dunces going on about how we were spoiled by fast travel and DS was taking us back to simpler times.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
BT ENCOUNTERS

Your odradeck always points at the closest BT

Once it starts flapping, crouch and move slowly

At that distance if you sit still you can see where the BTs are

If the odradeck starts spinning or turns orange, you are within 15 feet of a BT. They can hear you at this distance. Use R1 to hold your breath.

If you get spotted, run like hell

If they grab you, start swinging to knock them off and try to escape the tar. Mind your stamina when you swing.

If you get dragged under, look up a guide cause I haven’t gotten there yet

Sometimes I think it’s faster just to get detected on purpose and run

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

Phi230 posted:

It fuckin rules that a game whose primary message is that we should work together to make connections/bring people together is incredibly divisive and tearing people apart

Game good

Kojima is a genius!

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Almost done with chapter two, having fun making sidequest deliveries right now and just loving around getting a feel for the game. I like it! Sneaking through BTs is stressful but feels great when you get through it, and I'll be glad to be able to throw my poo poo on them soon.

Dealing with the MULEs is the worst part of the game because it feels out of place. If I have no cargo then yeah I can sneak up and use my strand on them, but when will I not have cargo? Just to reclaim my stuff I guess? The hand to hand combat isn't fun either. Just seems half baked, nothing about the MULES makes much sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Right on, another question is the yellow blob on the map. Do we know what that is initially, or find out later? It doesn't seem to pertain to BTs, since I'm encountering BTs outside of that area. Does it mean mules? I did see mules in that area.