Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Welcome to Demon School!/Mairimashita! Iruma-kun

From MyAnimeList posted:

Suzuki Iruma has been sold to the demon by his irresponsible parents in exchange for money. Surprisingly, next thing he knows, he is living with the demon and has been transferred into a school in the Demon World...

The Protagonist
- Suzuki Iruma
Sold by his parents to a demon who just wanted a human to eat grandchild to show off take care of. He's no enrolled in the demon world at a school for demons. It's a distinct step up. As in all of these fish out of water stories, he upsets the status quo. In his case it's by the power of *~Friendship~*
Special Powers: "None" Just an ordinary human
Special Tricks: Can dodge just about anything after years of having to run and avoid harm from his lovely upbringing.
Weaknesses: Can never refuse a request or someone asking "Please"

Underlings Friends
- Asmodeus Alice
Top of the class of the incoming year. Haughty and believes he is the best before getting owned by a certain someone
Special Powers: Fire Magic

- Valac Clara
Goofball and idiot. She is pure and powerful and should be everyone's friend
Special Powers: Can create anything she's seen before

Others
- Sullivan
The demon who "adopted" Iruma. Also the headmaster of the school Iruma attends.
Special Powers: ???

The anime series is on Crunchyroll. Season 2 has begun.

Xelkelvos fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Apr 17, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
Clara is the best character in the show I and will crush anyone who disagrees.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Can Of Worms posted:

Asmodeus is right there, friend.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I'm worried Eiko will never be able to thank Iruma. :ohdear:

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Can Of Worms posted:

Clara getting lessons from the succubi is levels of cool beauty that rivals JiWaWaWa

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

Same energy, checks out.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

More fangs = more energy

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I love how all the demon names are references to the Ars Goetia.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Except Sullivan. Unless that's a bastardization of Solomon.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
I like this, Clara is the best worst succubus, and the demon world has major Disgaea energy. A prinny would not feel out of place, dood.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
New chapter is out
https://mangadex.org/chapter/736825

Turns out: Clara gets better grades than Iruma

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

two episodes in and its already the funniest thing Ive seen this season

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

forums dying cloud

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Nov 2, 2019

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

I think i listened to that "lullaby" way too much

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I like how they animate/draw the glutton ring spirit, it's kinda cute. A lot of things in this show are cute actually, like the demonitors.

Manga Spoilers
I can't wait for next week's episode when we get the FORBIDDEN BOOK

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I'm guessing with the pace of the series, it'll cap off with the New Classroom request.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Clara throwing rocks was the best.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Can Of Worms posted:

I have good news, Clara is also the best character in the manga.

I eagerly await gifs of her attempting to enact her succubus sexiness training on Iruma

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Clara's sexy pose is truly amazing.

Her '10% power' moment is the cherry on top.

Also, the demon world is lucky she's an idiot with no ambition for power. Making it rain vending machines would be a pretty top-tier power.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

I have good news, Clara is also the best character in the manga.

I eagerly await gifs of her attempting to enact her succubus sexiness training on Iruma
I binge read the manga after watching ep 3 and I'm excited for so many scenes to get animated. I'm also impressed with the amount of effort the anime production is putting in the show, from the quality of the art to the extra details being added to set up future episodes. If only a certain other supernatural slice of life anime had that kind of dedication...

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Can Of Worms posted:

I binge read the manga after watching ep 3 and I'm excited for so many scenes to get animated. I'm also impressed with the amount of effort the anime production is putting in the show, from the quality of the art to the extra details being added to set up future episodes. If only a certain other supernatural slice of life anime had that kind of dedication...

... Truthism deserved better

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos
this seemed like the trashiest concept but it's really full of heart

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Sing Along posted:

this seemed like the trashiest concept but it's really full of heart

If you were described the setting elements, you wouldn't be amiss in thinking this would be some sort of supernatural battle shounen where everyone has a gimmick power as they fight their way to the top. Instead, it's a school comedy set in that sort of world.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Ameri rules and the botanist teacher is adorable.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

The Forbidden Literature! Saw it coming a mile away. :v:

Nice corner crash too.

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos
this episode was so good. the red carpet had me rolling even though it was such a simple joke

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

There is not a single original thing about this show but it's still fun. Secret shoujo manga fanatic is always a fun goof.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

This show has the noble task of preserving the late-90s/early-00s Halloween aesthetic.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I like egg Sullivan

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Big fan of Clara's plant

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

chumbler posted:

There is not a single original thing about this show but it's still fun. Secret shoujo manga fanatic is always a fun goof.

My only issue is that if it's been passed down for generations, why does it looks like a manga that's not older than the 80s? Unless it's a magical collection that keeps adding to itself (which is possible I guess)

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

chumbler posted:

zatch bell is a shonen battle manga that doesn't have a single original bone in its entire body but is still one of my favorite battle shonens because the execution is so incredibly on point the entire way through and all the characters are wonderful.

the same goes for iruma-kun, but for the high school hijinks genre.

Xelkelvos posted:

My only issue is that if it's been passed down for generations, why does it looks like a manga that's not older than the 80s? Unless it's a magical collection that keeps adding to itself (which is possible I guess)
gag-based time dilation mechanics

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Clearly time moves much slower in Demon World. Iruma has been away from home tuna fishing for a fraction of a second.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

I just binged all the available episodes throughout yesterday, and this is a super promising show.

- Opening is catchy
- :lol: Iruma's parents are just the worst
- Pretty sure Iruma and Asmodeus have launched plenty of ships already
- Clara is amazing, and I love her
- Angry teacher is also amazing, and I love him too

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Xelkelvos posted:

Clearly a lie her parents told her, cause they too are Secret Shoujo Manga Fanatics.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
New chapters out. Someone surprising has a friend and another surprising person turns out to be one of the smarter people in their class.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Regarding the latest chapter and some previous ones, it's pretty cool that Sabnock has actually learned quite a bit from interacting with Iruma et al. His first appearance was trying to fight a teacher to establish his power, then taking the 'this will kill you' route in the flying test, which would have were it not for Iruma. Typical meathead 'fighting power is everything I need to be Demon King' attitude.

Then we see him joining the Demon King Club, and when he learns it's about researching previous demon kings he's still all-in on it. His apology to the teacher was genuine, and a sign of growth, and now he's in the smart-half of the class. Some real progress for the rowdy boy.

Pervert Owl is gonna need quite a bit more than that to be redeemed though. Still the worst class member.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Im loving all the classmate interactions. Something as tiny as Clara trying to explain things with sound effects and Sabro jumping in with his own sound effects was funny to me

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009

CrazySalamander posted:

So when reading scanlated stuff is it normal for there to be a few chapters way later on translated after the mass of contiguous chapters? I’ve been enjoying Iruma kun and so started the manga and finished the sequential chapters available. I have to say though that I am stumped as to whether should wait for the like 50 chapter gap to fill in or not. What are people’s thoughts on this?
I was wondering what people more familiar with the story thought too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

No it's not normal and looking at the chapters ahead they all seem to be in the middle of arcs so it feels pointless to read them right now, but apparently this is someone trolling? Weird way to stir up poo poo.

Anyway anyone know how many chapters Japan has?