Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should Gaj make his own thread
This poll is closed.
Yes, make a new thread 6 54.55%
No, keep things just how they are 5 45.45%
Total: 11 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

If you work in elder care be prepared for Boomers to call you a leech and parasite a lot, all while refusing to pay a cent more than they have to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
Incoming shitstain of a CNN article.

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/11/08/opinions/ok-boomer-callan-filipovic/index.html?r=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnn.com%2F%3Fno-st%3D9999999999

The whole thing is a whiny living Boomer try to be re live his glory highschool football days of civil rights and using people who did poo poo as defense for why they don't they have to care about the future.

The saddest part is how the mill is on the defense when they should be asking, "what reason do you have for me not to slit your throat."

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
I hate that guy.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

The saddest part is how the mill is on the defense when they should be asking, "what reason do you have for me not to slit your throat."

Well yeah the only Mills they have working there are lapdogs and bootlickers who are trained to be terrified of upsetting their bosses lest they lose privileged institutional positions. They wouldn't actually tee up anyone worth a poo poo for their paying audience.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
guys, i think i found the problem

quote:

This dichotomy between Boomers’ generosity toward their own progeny and parsimony toward the rest of posterity has played out at a time when America’s great modern immigration wave has produced a population in which older adults skew whiter and more conservative; younger adults browner and more liberal. Nearly three quarters of Boomers are white; nearly half of young adults and a slight majority of young children are non-white.

also fun:

quote:

In 1983, the median American household headed by an adult over age 65 had eight times the wealth of the median household headed by someone under age 35. By 2016, that ratio had soared to 22-to-one, according to an analysis of Federal Reserve Board data. In constant dollars, today’s old are 92 percent wealthier than yesterday’s old, while today’s young are 29 percent less wealthy than yesterday’s young.

Play fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Nov 8, 2019

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Play posted:

guys, i think i found the problem

Aha! The culprit isn't a large scale abandonment of 60s counterculture values while desperately clinging to its aesthetics! It was (pulls off mask) immigrants!

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

And as we keep establishing, only a tiny number of Boomers ever subscribed to counterculture values in the first place.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/11/08/opinions/ok-boomer-callan-filipovic/index.html?r=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnn.com%2F%3Fno-st%3D9999999999

The whole thing is a whiny living Boomer try to be re live his glory highschool football days of civil rights and using people who did poo poo as defense for why they don't they have to care about the future.

GOD that article is something else.

No, we don't need to talk. We tried to be civil and be the bigger person for over a decade. Now we're giving you the most consice, blunt but still honestly very polite (compared to what we've been dealt) slight.

That slight means "we're done talking".

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

Did he score four touchdowns in a single game?

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

I just keep staring at this chart and wondering... so why are we so loving right-wing as a country?

Framboise posted:

GOD that article is something else.

No, we don't need to talk. We tried to be civil and be the bigger person for over a decade. Now we're giving you the most consice, blunt but still honestly very polite (compared to what we've been dealt) slight.

That slight means "we're done talking".

Millennial: Brings up a ton of good points about the issues of our time, anticipates and refutes Boomer's responses.

Boomer: defensive, deflecting word barf

After his first retort, she should have just replied with, "Ok boomer."

We can't argue with them. We can't debate them. We have all the facts. We carry around a record of human history and the accompanying statistics in our pockets and handbags. All we get in response is, "Nuh-uh!!!"

When do we start making soylent green?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Soylent Green is BOOMERS!!!

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Chomp8645 posted:

Soylent Green is BOOMERS!!!

Cool. *nom* *nom* *nom*

Play
Apr 25, 2006

LabyaMynora posted:

I just keep staring at this chart and wondering... so why are we so loving right-wing as a country?

Probably the most shameful thing about millenials and young people in general is that they don't vote enough, whereas olds vote in every single election. Some of it is understandable, because younger people have been really soured on politics by awful boomers controlling everything. There's very little faith in the system because the system is constantly trying to gently caress our asses

In addition, the way the electoral college works tends to increase the impact of rural voters and decrease the impact of urban voters. That also applies to seats in the House, especially when you consider purposeful gerrymandering. One of the main staples of the GOP playbook is to reduce the impact these people can have by segregating them into their own totally blue area while keeping a bunch of other close but the a comfortable GOP majority.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

LabyaMynora posted:

Stalin, Mao, and Pol Pot were the absolute best propaganda tools the right-wing could have wished for, coupled with the war chest from WWII ensuring all Boomers would subscribe to "fiscal conservatism" over literally all else.

Play posted:

Probably the most shameful thing about millenials and young people in general is that they don't vote enough, whereas olds vote in every single election. Some of it is understandable, because younger people have been really soured on politics by awful boomers controlling everything. There's very little faith in the system because the system is constantly trying to gently caress our asses

In addition, the way the electoral college works tends to increase the impact of rural voters and decrease the impact of urban voters. That also applies to seats in the House, especially when you consider purposeful gerrymandering. One of the main staples of the GOP playbook is to reduce the impact these people can have by segregating them into their own totally blue area while keeping a bunch of other close but the a comfortable GOP majority.

Also true. I can point to 8 Mills I personally know who didn't vote in local elections on 11/5. Young people are so inundated with messages in media about how the system is broken that they mistake engaging the system is the same thing as endorsing it.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Boomers like getting offended by rainbows.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group
Millennials and Zoomers cynical nihilism works against them when it comes to voting.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Someone needs to make this poster, but for not voting.

Edit: we need a gigantic popular vote disparity if we're ever going to get electoral college reform.

Beachcomber fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Nov 9, 2019

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Play posted:

my local dsa chapter is basically all about helping young people and african americans whove beeb hosed out of voting rights previously (because alabama). tbh thats about all you can get away with in alabama.

idk where i was going witj this. boomers suck?

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Coming this fall to CBS - Boomerstar Galactica

The character of Boomer was originally played by a black man and an asian woman in reboot and I bet that makes other Boomers angry

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Blast of Confetti posted:

idk where i was going witj this. boomers suck?

wherever you were going, you ended up in the right place

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

The only response to OK Doomer is “that’s not a thing” because well it’s not

Jascum
Sep 29, 2019

by Nyc_Tattoo
Boomers think SNL is funny.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

Lmao, as an engineer I apologize

I refer to this as interchangeably “engineer syndrome” or “special little boy syndrome” because most engineers were smart little boys who perpetually need their mommy to put their test grade on the fridge so everyone can see they are a special little boy who we are all very proud of. It’s v sad to see men in their 60s still looking for this attention

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

Bonzo posted:

This is making the rounds on Facebook

Super lol. Yes, millennials, notorious for watching TV, living in big McMansions, eating fast food and loving car culture.

Off to watch some CBS in my 2000 sq ft mancave and eat Arby’s fellow (30+ year old) youths lmao

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!
Kids still ride bikes all over the place so I dunno what these people are smoking.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Grape posted:

Kids still ride bikes all over the place so I dunno what these people are smoking.

Good point, a large percentage of millennials don't drive or even have licenses. Mostly in large cities of course.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

LabyaMynora posted:

Deeply entrenched and mostly hidden white supremacist traditions.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Grape posted:

Their own farts

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
The city I live in now is extremely bike friendly, has a bike culture, and has a ton of bike and general use trails that pass though neighborhoods and bake for safe and quick travel. In some parts of town it's faster to take a bike than to drive. I see kids of all ages on bikes, kids who are excited to be out.

By contrast the town I grew up in had crumbling roads, few sidewalks (also crumbling, pressed up in places by overgrown trees, ending randomly) and, above all, nowhere to ride your bike to. When I would ride I would circle the block a couple of times, going either left or right depending on my mood; the road formed a sort of teardrop shape so that, starting at the tip, you would circle your way back around eventually. I would estimate that it took a good five minutes to do a full circle, return to my house, and either retrace the route again, or go back inside and turn on my Super Nintendo and play EarthBound, a game that starred a cooler version of myself going to cooler places than I was able to go. I could ride a bike in that game, too, and ring my bell at people passing by on the street, and go visit the pizza shop or the outdoor flea market. I could leave the town altogether and go somewhere else. In fact, I had to leave the town, to advance the story, to meet friends I knew were waiting for me, who could be independent and explore. In the real world, my bike could take me to only a few places. Around the block, or through the large cemetery near my home and its ancient Civil War era gravestones, or past a large cornfield with nothing beyond it but more corn. As time went on, I rode my bike less and less. My friends did too. There just wasn't anywhere to go, and the joys of riding depend largely on the scenery.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Boomer: *Complains about "ok boomer"*

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

Christ could they have found a more boomery boomer?

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Boomer: *Complains about "ok boomer"*

Now I need to replay this game. Thank you for this.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Boomers like watching live broadcast television. Especially local poo poo.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Boomers love watching LOCAL NEWS every night, and learning about WHAT'S GOING TO KILL THEM (or their grandkids) NEXT!!!

RAINBOW PARTIES!!! poo poo THAT HAS LITERALLY NEVER HAPPENED, EVER!!!!

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

LabyaMynora posted:

Boomers love watching LOCAL NEWS every night, and learning about WHAT'S GOING TO KILL THEM (or their grandkids) NEXT!!!

Oh, I'm sure they have happened. All of them.

...like, two times maybe, ever, and it was at one place, which became local infamy, and then spread into urban legend and further deformed from there in nonstop phone game mutation, until they think it's happening behind every door of every home?

Boomers are *especially* easy victims for the human problem with estimates of probability.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
They like that quote "lies, drat lies and statistics"

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
poo poo like rainbow parties are someone's elaborate sexual fantasy achieving a level of exhibitionism by being shared. Like every article written about gender neutral bathrooms and such.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Boomers love smoking the most hideous smelling cigars the minute the weather turns nice on their porch, so you cannot open your windows.

Jokes on them though, I just got some DANK nugs of Acapulco Gold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

LabyaMynora posted:

Also responsible for some of the boomerest poo poo to ever air on television.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gol-53Be2k0