Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squirrel Burger
Jul 19, 2011

nobody likes a rotten pumbo
finally hit level 20 across all roles despite never once launching a bounty or sale of my own, just using the posse up option to quantum leap into parties doing grinds

very happy to never run a bounty again. now watch these twirls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday

Orv posted:

I'm getting a mildly to extremely worrying graphical glitch that could just be a weird confluence of settings or it could be my card dying so I thought I'd run it by the thread and see if anyone's seen anything similar.

Basically any time there's any kind of fine-grained explosion of particles - hoof beats in dusty terrain, muzzle flash, blood in some cases - and also sometimes in the rain, those particles express as vivid neon green and red rather than as what they're supposed to be. Which to me screams dying GPU except it's only those effects, there's no similar effect in any other game and the game itself otherwise runs tremendously.

Worrying but given the state of things I'd believe it's just a mess.

Yeah there’s various videos of people getting this effect. Nothing wrong with your hardware.

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Man, the photo mode yo

void_serfer fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Nov 9, 2019

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

BES has afforded me a good solid two hours of online play with only minor hitching off and on. I also got nvidia's overlay screenshot tool to play nice with the game, so

Went out into the desert

Found a nice lady who gave me money for all the flowers, eggs, and liquor bottles I had in my pockets. Bought a shovel from her, thanks nice lady

Found a rude man who had his cronies shoot at me but I put arrows in all their faces then stabbed him as he cowered among the rocks and suggested I was a demon shucks howdy pard maybe I am :unsmigghh:

Went to camp

Went into the woods

Got discovered by a grizzly bear and cougar at the same time

scene missing

Yeehaw :buddy:

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
I've seen a few "RDR2 stealth kills" videos online.

How viable is this game as as stealth game overall?

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

GreatGreen posted:

Not very, if at all.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

GreatGreen posted:

You might get lucky and get two folks before you're detected, unfortunately.

Squirrel Burger posted:

finally hit level 20 across all roles despite never once launching a bounty or sale of my own, just using the posse up option to quantum leap into parties doing grinds

very happy to never run a bounty again. now watch these twirls

Bounty hunting would be fine if it didn't have that loving timer.

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday

Capn Beeb posted:

BES has afforded me a good solid two hours of online play with only minor hitching off and on. I also got nvidia's overlay screenshot tool to play nice with the game, so

Went out into the desert

Found a nice lady who gave me money for all the flowers, eggs, and liquor bottles I had in my pockets. Bought a shovel from her, thanks nice lady

Found a rude man who had his cronies shoot at me but I put arrows in all their faces then stabbed him as he cowered among the rocks and suggested I was a demon shucks howdy pard maybe I am :unsmigghh:

Went to camp

Went into the woods

Got discovered by a grizzly bear and cougar at the same time

scene missing

Yeehaw :buddy:

Sounds like you had a nice day, friend.

Orv
May 4, 2011

GreatGreen posted:

Very much not, like all of Rockstar's more modern games.

However what is very viable is your entire party in a mission bumrushing everyone and knifing them to death like lunatics. We did the ostensibly stealth mission this way up until the final shootout and it worked far too well.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Is there any way to stop dead eye from automatically tracking a target? Half the time I use it I end up wasting a poo poo ton of ammo because it highlights the same person about 5 times as I move over them.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Yes, it's unlocked by a story mission somewhere in chapter 2 or 3.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

GreatGreen posted:

Kinda the same as the GTA games, where it’s a semi-viable option in some missions but it’s basically always going to end in a shootout. So not really.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Wheezle posted:

Sounds like you had a nice day, friend.

:yeah:

Also yeah I really hope we get some more stealth missions, creeping around in the dense woods with a bow and knife is extremely my poo poo

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Uh ok I just "wasted" all my money, not realizing that if the camp doesn't have enough money for an upgrade and you click it you will pay the remaining amount out of your own pocket.

Oh well I wanted the ability to fast travel anyway, but now I have just 15$ left and uh, I don't feel so great about it. What's the best way to quickly make a few bucks?

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
RDR:Online is lots of funs, RDR:Oline is also lots of frustration as I get kicked from the server every time I'm having a great time or start feeling super immersed. Just had a nice shootout with a Posse of, i guess 5 guys, and just as I wanted to respawn a 3rd time it was time to get kicked off the server again. :smith:

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
This stuttering is loving awful and comes and goes whenever it pleases regardless of what I'm running to keep CPU usage down. Yeesh.

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

There is one little bit of sophomoric humor, maybe-- the Pacific Union Railroad is, of course, the P.U., which is a Dover Boys-tier joke if it's meant to be one.

fuckpot
May 20, 2007

Lurking beneath the water
The future Immortal awaits

Team Anasta
Really hanging out for another patch, BIOS update or any sort of update because my game is crashing 100% of the time within five minutes of gameplay. I have a terrible feeling that even after the patch comes out it will continue to do so.

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost
Thought I was the only one. i7 and the game was eating 100% of my cpu and stuttering, freezing for 10+ seconds.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Toaster Beef posted:

This stuttering is loving awful and comes and goes whenever it pleases regardless of what I'm running to keep CPU usage down. Yeesh.

Just tried to stay at a hotel and it froze the entire system up so severely the only solution was a hard restart.

I get that games are hard, and the conditions that went into making this port were probably heinous (judging by the articles that came out this year), but got dang.

fuf
Sep 12, 2004

haha

TorakFade posted:

What's the best way to quickly make a few bucks?

Just play through the plot for a while.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

So what's the point of upgrading the camp because whenever I have cash I'd rather go spend it on guns and cool clothes to be honest.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

I was really looking forward to a slower, more relaxed playthrough with better graphics, but goddamn I asked for a refund for this horseshit. After a bunch of tinkering I got an hour of perfectly smooth gameplay at Ultra settings, had to go to dinner, and then instead of stuttering I can't even start the loving game now. I probably should've waited for the Steam release anyway. Hopefully they won't have to iron out anything new when it drops.

I will say I was impressed and surprised by the native Dualshock support.

Frankston posted:

So what's the point of upgrading the camp because whenever I have cash I'd rather go spend it on guns and cool clothes to be honest.

It's part of the ~immersion~ and also I believe stocking up from upgraded camp supplies is cheaper than buying stuff from the store (especially once your friends start putting money in the box). It's not a big advantage though.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

The camp is completely inconsequential. You can eventually unlock fast travel and some free items that will restock depending on camp funds, but mechanically it doesn't mean much.

Imaginary Friend
Jan 27, 2010

Your Best Friend
I am ready for the multiplayer!

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

TorakFade posted:

What's the best way to quickly make a few bucks?

If you’ve unlocked the Fence, there’s a really easy way to make $500.

From your camp in Horseshoe Overlook, go to the burned out village just to the west near the river. Inside the sheriff’s building, there’s a lockbox with a gold bar worth $500 when you sell it to the fence. (not a plot spoiler)

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

webmeister posted:

If you’ve unlocked the Fence, there’s a really easy way to make $500.

From your camp in Horseshoe Overlook, go to the burned out village just to the west near the river. Inside the sheriff’s building, there’s a lockbox with a gold bar worth $500 when you sell it to the fence. (not a plot spoiler)

Not yet, but thanks. Good to know and this is the kind of spoiler I really don't mind :)

Bang3r
Oct 26, 2005

killed me.
tore me to pieces.
threw every piece into a fire.
Fun Shoe
The game runs beautifully for me but no matter what settings I run etc every hour or so when I play online and enter a town it'll crash, sometimes even after I've already been in the town for a few minutes.

Utterly perplexed, I've done all the current known workarounds etc ah well think it's just single play for a bit until they launch patches.

Squirrel Burger
Jul 19, 2011

nobody likes a rotten pumbo
okay. i get it now. i get the PC thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y237GKj-G60

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
Hey, I finally got it to start hitching and freezing again YAY! :pwn: Six-plus hours of continual play, and got down to Saint Denis, where in-town it will freeze for a second or so every so often.

Of course, with all the detail and activity there, I'm not really shocked... also ganked a gator and now have a swate saddle. :getin: Gonna stay down here for a while, murdering swamplife for big money/parts. Although I may have to wander afield, I need another pristine rattlesnake for that bitchin' hat...

For those playing Yeehaw Simulator 2 on PC: Z and X are the undocumented keys that swap your ammo types.

Pissing me off: plot-mission Legendary Bear Hunt, got mauled but not killed twice, Pristine Legendary Grizzly Skin - and got wolfpacked a hundred yards down the road (by actual wolves). Game claims I "abandoned" my loot. Reload from the save just before I loaded the skin on my horse, and... still gone. :argh:

Sonel
Sep 14, 2007
Lipstick Apathy

Ygolonac posted:

Pissing me off: plot-mission Legendary Bear Hunt, got mauled but not killed twice, Pristine Legendary Grizzly Skin - and got wolfpacked a hundred yards down the road (by actual wolves). Game claims I "abandoned" my loot. Reload from the save just before I loaded the skin on my horse, and... still gone. :argh:

Luckily it isn't gone forever. The trapper and fence will have the parts from a legendary animal for crafting you just won't get the money.

Gooch181
Jan 1, 2008

The Gooch
What's the trick to get shadowplay working for screenshots?

Also, if anyone finds a way to get this working with steam in-home streaming I'll love you long time. Cowboyin' from the couch could to wonders for my marital bliss :D

fuf
Sep 12, 2004

haha

holy poo poo

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

fuckpot posted:

Really hanging out for another patch, BIOS update or any sort of update because my game is crashing 100% of the time within five minutes of gameplay. I have a terrible feeling that even after the patch comes out it will continue to do so.

down n out posted:

Thought I was the only one. i7 and the game was eating 100% of my cpu and stuttering, freezing for 10+ seconds.

Same, got my refund processed instead of waiting around till it's playable on my system and falling outside the refund window. I'll be back when the game is patched to a suitable degree

Warad
Aug 10, 2019

Definitely need to do a playthrough exclusively as little Jack.

Dick Jones
Jun 20, 2002

Number 2 Guy at OCP

Manimal Jack - Butcher of Valentine should be an official RDO game mode.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
Just made a refund request and uninstalled..hope I wasn't outside the window, but I bet I was.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

So I don't know if this is useful at all...but you can throw gator skins on the train (you stole) and run them into Saint Denis fora heft profit. I only tried with one but with a posse you could really industrialize it. I bet there are better loops from train-adjacent hunting grounds to sell places/camps.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

Dick Jones posted:

Manimal Jack - Butcher of Valentine should be an official RDO game mode.

I hope you can grow a grizzly Arthur beard on him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010
I lost my legendary bear pelt when I stopped to help a lady trapped under a horse. She wasn’t willing to ride on top of the pelt that was strapped to my horse.