Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

It happened again. Someone says they cannot come to my DnD table the day before. Not giving me enough time to get a replacement. Real bummer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Mom's jaw surgery was scheduled for a perfect time, right before the holiday(peak) season and would give me enough time to take a week off to care for her while she recovers then return to work without inconveniencing my coworkers too much. Then the surgeon suddenly calls and says we need to reschedule, right during the crucial part of peak season, so I had to tell my bosses that I wouldn't be there during the start of the hell weeks. It was really awkward since they really need me. I know family comes first and all that but I don't like to leave'em high and dry all the same.

Captain Invictus has a new favorite as of 13:54 on Nov 2, 2019

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

A couple weeks ago some rear end in a top hat in a bigass pickup truck parked in front of my parking spot at my apartment. I waited for 10 minutes wondering if I should call a tow truck (I should have). When he finally came out of his apartment, I told him he needed to move it before I called a tow truck, and he started getting really aggressive and confrontational - you know, acting like a typical pickup truck driver. I definitely didn't keep my cool, and I doubt many other people would have after sitting in the cold for 10 minutes when you have somewhere to be, only to have the rear end in a top hat act like you're the rear end in a top hat. We exchanged pleasantries but that's as far as it went, fortunately. I emailed my apartment's front office about it and gave them his plate number. They said he didn't live here but they'd talk to the apartment he came out of.

Today he was back, once again parked right in front of my spot. This time he was with his wife/girlfriend/whatever and daughter. This time I fortunately kept my cool because of the kid, but he was even more aggressive, threatening to "wipe the smirk off my face". Afterwards I sent another email to the front office, but this time they called me back and basically told me that it was my fault for provoking him. I tried telling them that I didn't feel safe because he was an aggressive rear end in a top hat who had threatened me, and all they said is they'd talk to his girlfriend again.

I'm just pissed off about the whole thing and I'm worried this is going to happen again, except next time he'll get violent.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

Fister Roboto posted:

I'm just pissed off about the whole thing and I'm worried this is going to happen again, except next time he'll get violent.

The most infuriating thing about people like this is that doing whatever the gently caress you want and being a confrontational, belligerent rear end in a top hat about it seems to be rewarded by society.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Yeah it loving sucks. This isn't the first time someone has parked in front of my spot, but every time before this they've moved quickly and apologized for it. But this dude felt the need to start screaming at me because I had the audacity to tell him what to do. This is the sort of person who is used to getting what he wants through anger and violence.

I feel really bad for his daughter :(

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Just get his truck towed.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

That's the plan if he shows up again. Hopefully he won't.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

One of my coworkers passed away this morning. She was taking today off and he boyfriend found her unresponsive and they couldn't resuscitate her.

Just yesterday she was at work laughing and being okay and now she's just gone.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
managers went to a work meeting out of state wednesday afternoon, got back this afternoon, i had to run my department alone in their absence, it was stressful, i have anxiety disorder and stupid brains that don't work and i had a panic attack, same thing happened last year when they went to the same meeting so there were lots of jokes about how it was going to happen again, and it did happen again, and one of my coworkers took a loving photo of me during it and sent it to the manager so they could make fun of me together behind my back, and the manager accidentally let me find out about it by mentioning it thoughtlessly while making fun of me for panicking when he got back this afternoon, and i'm really loving losing my poo poo about this whole incident

i GET that everybody needs to vent and that my panic attacks are harmful and stupid and i shouldn't have them and they make work difficult for everyone around me and like. loving fire me for it whatever if that's the issue then loving fire me. she loving took a loving creepshot photo of me and her and my loving manager loving made fun of a picture of me over text message and i feel that's an entirely different issue than venting about the performance issues that my mental health problems have caused and i am really upset about it

however i also require validation from others that it's okay for me to be upset about this because i have a big feeling that i'm only this bothered because of my stupid brains and being a lovely human who sucks, which you can tell from my other posts on this website

e: we are a small business and there is no HR department. i cannot retaliate or report anyone to anybody, for anything, ever. i am already looking for another job.

e2: the physical form of the panic attack was hyperventilating and putting my head down at my desk. that's what the picture was of. it's not like i was screaming nd rolling on the floor and it made for a funny picture, unless you think it's inherently hilarious to see a human with their head resting on their folded arms

InediblePenguin has a new favorite as of 01:57 on Nov 9, 2019

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
It's been a real bad night for my hands. It's been so dry and cold today that everything slides when I try to grab it, and so this led to picking up a 40 pound box only to have it slide right out of my hands and tear a third of my thumbnail off as a souvenir on its way to the floor. And again since it's so dry, every single one of my fingertips is cracked and bleeding and it hurt to pick up anything with them all day. Finally home so I can superglue the cuts shut and then put lotion on the skin so they don't immediately re-crack, but man, I hate it so much. Just proportionally insanely painful considering their miniscule size.

Len posted:

One of my coworkers passed away this morning. She was taking today off and he boyfriend found her unresponsive and they couldn't resuscitate her.

Just yesterday she was at work laughing and being okay and now she's just gone.
Condolences. It's the worst when that happens. I still remember the day I was let out early from work since it was slow and I was about to go on vacation, as I was walking to the guard shack I could see flashing red and blue lights off at the corner of another segment of the building. I figured someone had tried to steal something again and got nailed/got in a fight or something. Went on vacation and came back to find out in the worst way possible that it was one of my long-time coworkers who had dropped dead of a heart attack on the job, told by the person who replaced him, who screamed "BECAUSE HE loving DROPPED DEAD" at me when I asked why she was doing his job since it wasn't his week for vacation. He was dead before he hit the ground, I guess. Least it was quick.

Then my coordinator dropped dead while shoveling snow one winter, dude had a bad heart, dunno why he thought it was a good idea to go out and try and deal with the snow literally nicknamed "heart attack snow" himself, poor bastard.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Captain Invictus posted:

Then my coordinator dropped dead while shoveling snow one winter, dude had a bad heart, dunno why he thought it was a good idea to go out and try and deal with the snow literally nicknamed "heart attack snow" himself, poor bastard.

I have responded to so many people who had heart attacks shoveling, it’s insane. Now that I work in construction safety snow always makes me paranoid, because I know one of these unhealthy motherfuckers are gonna drop dead shoveling one day.

I really don’t want to work today. I just did a week of 12 hour night shifts, then had a day off, now I’m covering today, Sunday, and Monday from 7am to 5pm. Time and a half at least! But I’m so loving tired.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
yeah I'm real tempted to just buy a snowblower and never shovel again, gently caress it. we get way too many snowfalls of the heaviest poo poo every year and I'm getting older, I don't want to risk it regardless of how healthy I am.

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

Being yelled at by a customer because I wasn't there to help them that very moment. I got other tasks besides staring into the abyss at 9PM. That means I might have to check orders or organize items unless I want to be there an extra hour after the shop closes. You are off work, you can wait a minute.

Midig has a new favorite as of 01:43 on Nov 11, 2019

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013
It took me awhile to really get the joke, but I now know this is sketch about how much every retail person wants to say gently caress off to every annoying customer, like the dickhead today that got to walk out with a more expensive product they didn't pay for because they bitched enough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zR7LOtMix9w

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
in 8 hours i have to go spend 9 more hours with the manager and coworker who texted each other surreptitious photos of me to make fun of me and i have to be silent and hope no one says anything

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

My friend isn't getting better and I don't know what to do. The whole thing seems to have started after she had a negative reaction to a birth control implant that threw her hormones not for a loop so much as it completely up-ended her mental stability. But it's been almost a month since it was removed; I don't know how long the hormones stay in the system, but I feel like it should have improved somewhat by now.

I'm at a complete loss. Her boyfriend is at his wits end. She's had bad times before, but it was never this bad this often, and everything that worked before isn't. She is seeing a therapist, as often as they can afford it, and it seems to help at least a little, but it's not doing much for the times between sessions. She's one of my dearest friends in the world, and I can't do anything to help.

Malachite_Dragon has a new favorite as of 15:24 on Nov 11, 2019

Telemaze
Apr 22, 2008

What you expected hasn't happened.
Fun Shoe
My day was lovely today because I need a crown on my broken tooth and I can't afford it. My insurance pretty much told me to go gently caress myself. It's right next to my front tooth so I'd really rather not just get it pulled. $1250, hooray!

InediblePenguin posted:

managers went to a work meeting out of state wednesday afternoon, got back this afternoon, i had to run my department alone in their absence, it was stressful, i have anxiety disorder and stupid brains that don't work and i had a panic attack, same thing happened last year when they went to the same meeting so there were lots of jokes about how it was going to happen again, and it did happen again, and one of my coworkers took a loving photo of me during it and sent it to the manager so they could make fun of me together behind my back, and the manager accidentally let me find out about it by mentioning it thoughtlessly while making fun of me for panicking when he got back this afternoon, and i'm really loving losing my poo poo about this whole incident

i GET that everybody needs to vent and that my panic attacks are harmful and stupid and i shouldn't have them and they make work difficult for everyone around me and like. loving fire me for it whatever if that's the issue then loving fire me. she loving took a loving creepshot photo of me and her and my loving manager loving made fun of a picture of me over text message and i feel that's an entirely different issue than venting about the performance issues that my mental health problems have caused and i am really upset about it

however i also require validation from others that it's okay for me to be upset about this because i have a big feeling that i'm only this bothered because of my stupid brains and being a lovely human who sucks, which you can tell from my other posts on this website

e: we are a small business and there is no HR department. i cannot retaliate or report anyone to anybody, for anything, ever. i am already looking for another job.

e2: the physical form of the panic attack was hyperventilating and putting my head down at my desk. that's what the picture was of. it's not like i was screaming nd rolling on the floor and it made for a funny picture, unless you think it's inherently hilarious to see a human with their head resting on their folded arms

That is phenomenally hosed up and your manager and coworker are lovely people. I'm sorry they did that to you, you absolutely have every right to be upset about it.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I'm at the hospital because I passed right the gently caress out at work.

It's my own fault, because I've got hypertension and the the 'beetus, made worse because I've been between jobs long enough that I prioritized financially stabilizing myself before going to a doc to get it under control again. Which, stupidly, I thought I was making some strides into doing via eating better and working out more*, but evidently not.

Oh, and did I mention that the room I'm in is 0 for 3 on the "things Bibs to sleep" list? It's too cold, it's too bright, and I can't sleep in the position I need to sleep in. I've tried for at least six hours to sleep, but nope.

* they had to do a bunch of tests on me because I pretty much have no outward signs of either. My existing workout and eating plans have rendered me moderately fit and no symptoms... except too much sugar in my blood and the Fall Down Go Boom Boom episode.

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

I hate my job, I dread going to work and I’m tired of having patrons be lovely to me and/or physically endangering me and my coworkers. The problem is is that it pays well for this kind of work and it is an extremely stable job with benefits and my boss is nice but Jesus gently caress I go between either being bored as hell or fantasizing about killing myself. My husband’s job is worse and he just got it and isn’t out of the probationary period yet so I don’t feel like I can quit and the job also just kind of hosed me physically and mentally, I already had mental health problems but now I’m on 7 meds a day and I can barely loving think and I feel like I’m just on this job to afford the meds I need to do the job. I also am going to school full time while working full time because I love torturing myself apparently and I am so goddamned miserable and it feels like nothing will ever get better.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

This is absolutely a first-world problem, but:

We order fast food once a week, and I look forward to it. I'm on a low-calorie diet and am extra careful on these days. Today I painstakingly put together dinner at Taco Bell--one lousy burrito, one measly taco--with all the calories I had left. They were loving cold, both of them, like they'd been brought home on the roof of the car. The lettuce was frozen.

620 calories shot to absolute poo poo. And now I have a chill.

Cat Ass Trophy
Jul 24, 2007
I can do twice the work in half the time
My favorite local burger place has become a neo-nazi hangout.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

I feel bad about sharing this and I don't know why.

Landlord decided to sell the house and give me thirty days to move. Roommate cut out immediately without paying their part of the bills. I take care of my retired mother who gets 800 a month from SS (with $8.50 in food stamps) and has such bad credit it costs me money. One job offer fell through and the other is dragging their feet on the deal. We can barely afford to live anywhere around here and I don't even know where my next job is going to be. Couple that with a non-traditional income, it's hard to find someone willing to rent to us despite my own excellent credit, even with money in the bank. Fuuuuuck, it's been a few hard weeks and I'm already behind on the house bills, but was catching up.

loving dumbass. We've lived in this house for five years: rats in the ceiling, mold creeping everywhere, clogged drains every month, dodgy electrics, we've been through it all. Landlord hired an unlicensed contractor to fix the roof/all the other poo poo and they made it worse to the point of me screaming at all these motherfuckers because the ceiling collapsed in two rooms during heavy rain.

At the same time there's a manager at work who's trying to gently caress my customers out of money to try to get them not to pay me. Said manager is acting like a psychopath over some imagined (I guess, because he won't even talk to me anymore) slight.

No help is coming and I know that.

Maybe put my mother up someplace and be homeless for a while?

I'm not getting rid of my dog either, gently caress that. She can live in the truck with me.

/disjointed rant

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Cat rear end Trophy posted:

My favorite local burger place has become a neo-nazi hangout.

Show up in large groups with minority friends. Talk to them and make loud comments. Make them uncomfortable. Make them leave. Let them know they aren't wanted.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

My boss forgot we've had $10 coupons for minimum 6 years now and emailed me on my day off asking me why I sold something discounted exactly $10.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Show up in large groups with minority friends. Talk to them and make loud comments. Make them uncomfortable. Make them leave. Let them know they aren't wanted.

Yeah, in my experience, these kinds of people are cowards who will back down when faced by the mere distant idea of being opposed.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I haven't been able to do that thing where you transfer your pokemon from Pokemon Go (on my phone) to Pokemon Let's Go (on my Switch), despite trying pretty much everything everyone has cited as a fix or a solution. While on Nintendo's tech support line (for the third time, because the previous two things were try-this-and-call-us-back situations), the lady helpfully suggested that I could possibly do a work-around via using another device other than my phone. I hadn't thought about that, since I do have an admittedly old tablet I could use. Would need to charge it since I haven't used it in multiple years, but worth a shot. I plug the thing in, unplugging the thing after like 20 minutes when I noticed the display wasn't updating with the battery percentage like I (vaguely) remember it doing.

Well, I somehow bricked the laptop. Does nothing if it isn't charging, in a crash/reboot cycle (with some text strings that imply that a whole bunch of the system is just gone).

I mean, I'm relatively confident it wasn't going to work anyway, but man.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Today is my first thanksgiving without my dad. In April I was eating breakfast with my dad when he stood up and collapsed. After calling 911, doing CPR for what felt like hours, his heart would not restart and he died that morning.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I'm sick as hell.

I can't sleep because part of my being Sick As Hell is that I've had to run to the bathroom at a moments notice, so I've got to be awake.

I need to do laundry, don't have any spare bills to put on my laundry card, and hoofing it to an ATM in my condition is a Danger Situation (it's cold and I'd rather not recreate that gif of a dude who has a Potty Emergency in a parking lot).

And, to make things worse, my partner is out of town, so I can't beg her to do anything.

E: and not a specific day thing, but I hate hate HATE that if my biological/body stuff weren't a thing for me, I'd have a happier life. I mean, I've got a generally good life and more things to be happy with than things to bitch about, but I feel so goddamned selfish complaining about this sort of stuff. People here have legit bad things going on, and the worst I've got is "I've got the shits"

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 13:15 on Dec 4, 2019

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

It's not a contest unless you try to make it one. You are unhappy; someone else having more or bigger reasons to be unhappy, doesn't make your reasons and less valid. Unless you're being racist or sexist or whathaveyou but that's fairly obvious.

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013
I call it the Midwest Suffering Index, a corollary to the Protestant Work Ethic wherein unless you are a blind quadruple amputee with leprosy you can't complain because Someone Has It Worse Than You. You get it from growing up in the Midwest and being told not to complain about anything ever.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

"There are children starving in Africa. Eat your drat vegetables."

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Malachite_Dragon posted:

It's not a contest unless you try to make it one. You are unhappy; someone else having more or bigger reasons to be unhappy, doesn't make your reasons and less valid. Unless you're being racist or sexist or whathaveyou but that's fairly obvious.

Intellectually I get that (and boy howdy do my friends tell me as such, a lot), but I still hate it. It just feels gauche and selfish to bitch about my molehills when I'm in the shadows of mountains.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I've always had a joke on the opposite wavelength - everyone in a hospital or care home is looking at everyone else and going "Well at least I'm not that guy..." Also I hate when people assume you are making something out of nothing when they never saw the initial something. I had to take a few weeks off work while a really bad graze healed as I couldn't get trousers on without it rubbing the raw spot. I had a doctor confirm that I needed the few weeks off and had a note to that effect. Eventually I could walk on it properly while it was uncovered (ie dressing teh wound but wearing short trousers) so I had the ruined trousers cut into shorts to give me some work-appropriate shorts to wear. My colleagues got all doubty about it, being all "Was it really that bad?" and I was just like "gently caress you, it's still sensitive and this is THREE WEEKS later so piss off, you should have seen it three weeks ago. Also when it was fresh one side of my face had swollen to double the size of the other side.

BioEnchanted has a new favorite as of 18:21 on Dec 4, 2019

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Discovered some unsafe work conditions the hard way. And thanks to this lovely body I might have to take time off work because I could barely walk. Fell on a huge patch of fresh ice in the dark because they were too cheap to install a drainpipe or lights on my building. Went to put a padlock on a gate without any light, didn't see the ice, went down. I have joint hypermobility issues so now my hips are all hosed up worse than they already were.

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

Malachite_Dragon posted:

"There are children starving in Africa. Eat your drat vegetables."

More like "You work fifty hours a week? Well I have to work 60, I don't know what you're complaining about. Plus I like the overtime so you just sound like a whiny Millenial."

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

MisterBibs posted:

Intellectually I get that (and boy howdy do my friends tell me as such, a lot), but I still hate it. It just feels gauche and selfish to bitch about my molehills when I'm in the shadows of mountains.
When we were scraping by literally within 5 dollars of hitting negative balance, holding off on paying certain bills until the electricity would be cut, and skipping weekly grocery trips because we had no money and subsisting on just rice and beans, my mom would still insist on not asking for help from the church by way of grocery gift cards they give out to those who need them because "someone else in more need can use it". My uncle always used to say it was something genetically wrong with the irish, deciding to die rather than accept charity. :v:

Picnic Princess posted:

Discovered some unsafe work conditions the hard way. And thanks to this lovely body I might have to take time off work because I could barely walk. Fell on a huge patch of fresh ice in the dark because they were too cheap to install a drainpipe or lights on my building. Went to put a padlock on a gate without any light, didn't see the ice, went down. I have joint hypermobility issues so now my hips are all hosed up worse than they already were.
This sounds like qualification for a lawsuit, if the job location is not properly preparing the work area, to be honest.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Oh man, don't tempt me. My boss is being very much not good about this whole situation and some of my coworkers are ready to walk. My boss is notoriously awful, and we're all at our wits end. I'm going to be filing a complaint with HR over how this is being handled as well as a whole host of other things. The entire department is a powder keg waiting to go off and my accident might just be the match.

It took her 3 days to contact me about it, she was texted by my coworker when it happened and I was filing the paperwork which went to her inbox so I left it at that. Her email was pretty much "I'm shocked it took this long to hear from you." Ball was in your court, boss. I'm glad you were so concerned I couldn't walk because of the lovely store design, you couldn't even ask if I was okay. Then I was reprimanded for not filling out a second form which wasn't in the folder with the first form so I didn't know it existed. Okay, so I'll fill it out but I don't need to be made to feel like poo poo about it and my coworker isn't to blame either. You're the manager, having the forms available to us and ensuring proper paperwork is filed is your job. Don't guilt trip me over something I didn't know about because you don't feel like taking responsibility.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
you should probably talk to a lawyer or someone with legal knowledge who can offer some advice. If you let it sit much longer they'll get more and more obstinate in dealing with your problem or try blaming it on something else rather than a work-related injury.

like, at my workplace if you slipped and fell on work property, they're on the hook for it.

anyways, my week's been lovely because I work at UPS and UPS corporate is full of sociopaths who lust for employee suffering(or death, in the case of their horrific "condolences" regarding the driver who got taken as a hostage and then merc'd by the pigs in miami) and profit profit profit so they accepted the obscene amount of amazon packages that fedex apparently rejected a week or two ago and so my hub's been doing over a fifth of a million packages per shift when it's designed to run at ~27k-30k packages an hour. myself I've been sorting through 11,000-13,000 packages per shift and my spine feels like it'll snap in half. the guy given to me as an assistant I can only describe as a racist teletubby and the second night he was helping me he started complaining about how arizona is already lost to the US because of all the mexicans, and he's not very useful as a helper, so I've taken to just ignoring him outright and have asked for a replacement helper which I likely won't get. my coordinator screams at the top of his lungs when he's frustrated and you can hear it halfway across the building, and when he gets frustrated he gets all pissy towards anyone nearby regardless of if they're at fault or not. which doesn't help when I'm hauling rear end for 12 hours a day and he's having a tantrum. I told him he needs to breathe or he's going to drop dead from an aneurysm at 35 but he's not going to listen to me, course not. better to absolutely flip his poo poo at all times every day instead, definitely good for your health and sets a great image of management for everyone around you.

I just hobble along, listen to podcasts or music, and leave soon as I'm done. not staying around for another 2 hours on top of the 12 I've already been to do cleanup. if it wouldn't instantly burn every bridge I have and probably get me shoved in the worst recesses of the building in terms of jobs(since I'm a Work As Directed position, yes, I'm a WAD), I'd be tempted to just force 8 hours and leave every day. they totally hosed me and every other recent full-timer over in the latest contract and sold us out to corporate whole cloth so I'm not interested in putting in extra time since I'm not going to make more than I was making part-time until I hit 4 years, so another 1.7 years of working full time hours but getting part time pay before I suddenly shoot up nearly 15 bucks an hour extra to the full time rate. it's super bullshit and the union steward I spoke to about it straight up gave me a full blown FYGM "I had to deal with pay progression, so can you" nevermind that when he went through it, it was six months, not FOUR YEARS, and his pay progression was actual progressive steps every couple months and not "if you make over this amount you get zero pay increase until you hit the fourth year at which point you go from 21 bucks to 36 an hour"

it's been super depressing watching UPS fall down the public corporation pit, I started right after they went public and it's been incredibly depressing seeing them take a square and cut corners year after year trying to turn it into a circle.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
My bosses can't seem to decide our work schedules. Like, a rough timeline:

- No changes from standard, but we're all collectively sitting with our thumbs up our asses waiting for poo poo to do, forcing them to do that thing where they let you go home early because there's nothing for us to do. This happens, no lie, about four days in a row.

- They announce, ahead of time, of an entire day off, because of the previous four days of nothing-to-do. (this, in and of itself, isn't lovely, because I got super ill that day anyway and I'm glad I didn't have to go anywhere)

- They announce that the overtime hours they have us set up for is being recinded, because of the lack of work.

- They recind the recinding of our overtime, because there's really going to be stuff to do now (which I don't buy for one second, the whole "this is going to be a busy period, ignore that your work area is empty" thing has been going on for a month or so)

Like, on one hand I totally get that the amount of work us peons need to do is based on the stuff that is coming in (that they don't have a ton of control over), but for gently caress's sake.

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 06:19 on Dec 7, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

If the Retail thread has taught me anything, they're trying to annoy you into quitting