Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
this was unexpected but totally rad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
this is an interesting direction to take. I assumed Ryuki would trounce people for a while like Ohma but giving him an angle for personal growth is good

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
Akoya can react to a kick that's in mid swing while off balance

what the hell how did cosmo even beat him

ChazTurbo
Oct 4, 2014

yum posted:

His murderboner made him lose sight of victory.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

yum posted:

Pre-timeskip Cosmo fighting Pre-timeskip Akoya.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

yum posted:

Same reason Ohma beat Raian, incredibly flimsy writing. Two of the worst fights in the series back to back.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Akoya did beat Cosmo, the latter was literally unconscious at one point during their fight. It's just that Akoyas cop instincts kicked in and he couldn't help but torture Cosmo which woke him up and allowed him to win.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Lt. Lizard posted:

Akoya did beat Cosmo, the latter was literally unconscious at one point during their fight. It's just that Akoyas cop instincts kicked in and he couldn't help but torture Cosmo which woke him up and allowed him to win.

Akoya lost the fight. And him torturing someone is completely uncharacteristic when every fight before and now after, has him going for nothing but the kill when he goes full mad dog. Haru wasn't going to be tortured, he was going to be killed had the fight dragged on longer. He killed the butcher guy instantly, and he killed all the Yakuza heads by decapitation. The only thing close to torture he did was giving the Medical student a gun and a chance to fight back, and you can consider that psychological torture if you want, but the reality is Akoya killed that kid instantly as well.

Akoya doesn't torture, it made no sense he decided to give Cosmo any out.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Akoya/Cosmo loving owned

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.

Brought To You By posted:

Same reason Ohma beat Raian, incredibly flimsy writing. Two of the worst fights in the series back to back.

Oh yeah that was bullshit as well. Raian was supposed to be physically superior to Wakatsuki, not even considering the Kure techniques that he refused to use.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Raian wasn't drawn like an important character he looks like a generic mid-boss. I never had high hopes for him.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
Power levels are bullshit, all that matters is who reveals their backstory first, this is known.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
don't become a cop, ryuki

also ohma vs raian and cosmo vs akoya might've been bad, but they led to ohma vs cosmo which was honestly one of my favorite fights in the series.

Inflammatory fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Nov 9, 2019

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Meinberg posted:

Power levels are bullshit, all that matters is who reveals their backstory first, this is known.

timing of backstory * how good your crazy face is + the number of friends you have = kengan asura power levels

and if you make it so that revealing your backstory also reveals your opponent's backstory then it has an exponential effect, which is Kuroki Gensai is the strongest

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Inflammatory posted:

don't become a cop, ryuki

also ohma vs raian and cosmo vs akoya might've been bad, but they led to ohma vs cosmo which was honestly one of my favorite fights in the series.

Ch. 40: Ryuki Becomes A Cop

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Akoya lost the fight. And him torturing someone is completely uncharacteristic when every fight before and now after, has him going for nothing but the kill when he goes full mad dog. Haru wasn't going to be tortured, he was going to be killed had the fight dragged on longer. He killed the butcher guy instantly, and he killed all the Yakuza heads by decapitation. The only thing close to torture he did was giving the Medical student a gun and a chance to fight back, and you can consider that psychological torture if you want, but the reality is Akoya killed that kid instantly as well.

Against Haru Akoya recognized that Haru himself was completely loving out of it at that moment and torture would have no use against him.

Against Cosmo, well Cosmo himself could be regarded by Akoya as not a bad seed but rather a child in need of a lesson. and HE WAS GONNA TEACH HIM A LESSON.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
goriest chapter so far

https://mangadex.org/chapter/747225/1

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

drat daniel that loving kill

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Uh...

This is going to be much darker than the first series of Kengan.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Lmao holy poo poo

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
woof

Uncle Khasim
Dec 20, 2009

dude loves his tv shows that’s for sure

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
these undercover Worm agents are pretty bad at staying undercover

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
That comment about whether the worm dude had met Mr. Yamashita gave him away. Yamashita seems like the type to be close to his employees, there’s no way they’ve only met once

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Quit censoring the blood and guts damnit!!

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I didn't realize Akiyama was that much taller than Kazzy

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Didn't Cosmo say something that triggered him? Like implied that his justice was bullshit or something. I remember Cosmo did something that made Akoya really mad.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.

Ytlaya posted:

Didn't Cosmo say something that triggered him? Like implied that his justice was bullshit or something. I remember Cosmo did something that made Akoya really mad.

He went for the nuts

Which was what Ryuki did too now that I think about it

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

See this is why you have a mad doctor on your roster he can just ductape that poo poo back up.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Mindblast posted:

See this is why you have a mad doctor on your roster he can just ductape that poo poo back up.

Gaoh Style Secret Technique: Head Reattachment

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://mangadex.org/chapter/753782 New chap drat José got brutalized

e: MY MAN RIHITO IS BACK!!! AND HE'S GOT A BEARD!

Plutonis fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Nov 21, 2019

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
just wanted to throw my hands up and proclaim Rihito as completely invincible, but on second thought, his beard is actually puny enough to keep a defeat in the realm of possibility.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I'm so proud, he's all grown up

Also Koga and Agito are definitely going to fight over who gets to take down the 6th Fang

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Lt. Lizard posted:

just wanted to throw my hands up and proclaim Rihito as completely invincible, but on second thought, his beard is actually puny enough to keep a defeat in the realm of possibility.

Who do we have as fighters now?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

José nooooooo :(

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
So kuroki is already a fighter and we might also get rihito? Seems a bit awkward having the outline only to reveal same chapter it was rihito

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
what happened to inaba (hairman)? I forgot.

Jose posted:

So kuroki is already a fighter and we might also get rihito? Seems a bit awkward having the outline only to reveal same chapter it was rihito
I dont think Kuroki signed up unless I missed it.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Nov 21, 2019

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

No Wave posted:

what happened to inaba (hairman)? I forgot.

He's still working as a bodyguard and assassin for the Penasonic boss.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
Agito will lose to the ex-Fang to show how powerful our boy Koga has become

unlikely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Well crap, I wanted to see Haruo in action after some time on the grindstone.