Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

I'd love if someone other than Kojima and *double checks* Yarny wrote this story.

Like Swery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

well. he didnt.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Nothing is stopping you from playing a Swery game instead!

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

exquisite tea posted:

I don’t see how criticisms like “the dialogue is dull and fails to convey character” get twisted around to “people aren’t ready for WACKY Japanese man Kojima” but rest assured I would be more satisfied with Death Stranding if the game was more confident in its own weirdness.

I didn't say wacky, the self-seriousness of characters like Die-hardman is absolutely part of the bit.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
I love watching Norman Reedus no-sell every emotional scene he's put in.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

Macaluso posted:

Nothing is stopping you from playing a Swery game instead!

The world needs more Swery games

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I do my best to help build every road I see. It's so cool to see them develop and I feel like I've contributed to a group effort. Which is exactly the theme of the game

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I just got fast travel! I loved everything about that whole scene. Fragile is cool. Cool teleporting umbrella girl

blue squares posted:

I do my best to help build every road I see. It's so cool to see them develop and I feel like I've contributed to a group effort. Which is exactly the theme of the game

It was neat loading up my game this morning and walking out of the base and seeing a new bridge just, there, that another play built at some point overnight.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

blue squares posted:

Roads are cool and good.

There was one spanning across the entire second map in my game by last night.

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit

WatermelonGun posted:

i want more sunglasses

I painted my sunglasses some horrible purple shade but when I tried to get it to it's normal color it didn't change back

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Random screenshots from early game. Might contain spoilers. So far I'm really enjoying it but I have no idea why.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Is there a way to listen to the music tracks whilst exploring? The songs in this game are so loving on point and I want more

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009
I have a lot of complaints about Kojima as a director, but the thing I hate most is that since MGS4 he clearly records the protagonist's lines before the script is finished, so you get tons of cutscenes where the main character might as well not be there.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

I really didnt expect the Disco Elysium gangtag to be such a red flag but it seems that nearly everyone who has it has skidmarks on literally every single pair of underwear they own.

Cuno doesn't loving care what you think.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

When I left the wind farm, there was a chain of ladders that let you almost completely ignore the BT forest zone. Each one was made by a different person, so it's like five ladders in a row going up this sheer cliff face, all now with a ton of likes. I put one in the middle zone so you now don't have to do any climbing on the cliff at all, you just ladder straight up the cliff. This is the good stuff.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

I don’t want any tips. I want to figure it out on my own. But right now I’m at a spot where i’m desperately trying to escape an oil whale but I’m trapped in some big warehouse. I hope I don’t really have to try and fight this thing.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Strom Cuzewon posted:

Is there a way to listen to the music tracks whilst exploring? The songs in this game are so loving on point and I want more

Doesn't seem to be and it's a big oversight.

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

and if it's a lie, terrorists made me say it
I gotta say, it’s a pretty good joke that every delivery you do in this game results in you getting praised as the best person ever EXCEPT the pizza delivery, where you get the game’s equivalent of a door slammed in your face.

Lanth
Jun 15, 2007
Lipstick Apathy
So has anyone figured out if strand contracts are worth it, and if so, wants to try it somehow? Very minor game mechanic spoiler.

Game is good, btw. I think.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Has anyone reached one of the early promo cutscenes yet, the one with mad mikelsen in the sewers and the soldiers? Or was that just unrelated advertising?

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
How important or even worthwhile are the Digital Deluxe items vs the base version of the game? Do they matter at all?

Also, do you play as Sam the whole time, or is there a mechanic like in MGS V where you could be different people eventually? I imagine the answer is "you are always Sam".

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

doingitwrong posted:

How important or even worthwhile are the Digital Deluxe items vs the base version of the game? Do they matter at all?
They're just gold version of gear you get later.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
After about 6-7 hours of gameplay (about half that being actual gameplay) I’m still kinda unclear on the cargo packing mechanic. Is there any reason not to always press triangle to optimize load?

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

Wait so is there nothing stopping me from picking up another player’s lost cargo at a terminal and delivering it to the same terminal? Am I being a dick and loving up someone else’s game now?

Game owns btw, is probably better with weed

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

disjoe posted:

Wait so is there nothing stopping me from picking up another player’s lost cargo at a terminal and delivering it to the same terminal? Am I being a dick and loving up someone else’s game now?

No, it's okay to pick it up. There's no mechanics where it will hurt other players.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Haven't posted about DS because I've been playing DS. Loving hiking across America with my ridiculous baby. Early on I made a ladder much shorter than I expected and fell about twenty feet, loving up half my packages and having to soothe BB who was outraged at my stupidity. Game owns.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Just finished it. Not going to say much about the final cutscene, except it ends with a naked Kojima spreading his buttcheeks goatse-style, and the words "LOVE RULES" written underneath.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Ok, this game is starting to grow on me as I see more and more structures being built.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

What's everyone's gear loadout look like? I always make sure to at least have 2 ladders and 2 anchors at any time

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

disjoe posted:

Yeah I didn’t understand this either. I could pick up lost cargo from a terminal and deliver it back to the same terminal and get free likes without ever leaving the menus.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

SardonicTyrant posted:

What's everyone's gear loadout look like? I always make sure to at least have 2 ladders and 2 anchors at any time

I usually do four ladders and one anchor. One anchor has three uses, and I never really encounter any situations that need more than that. Just started Chapter 3 though, so this might change.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Love him or hate him there's one one thing you can say about Sam: he's got that cottonmouth.

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...

SardonicTyrant posted:

3 anchors take up one slot so i don't carry more than one unless i'm going a loooong way.

also this plot reaches peak anime pretty early and only goes further. it's gloriously ridiculous.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I hope the game is smart about how it displays the online generated content to the user so that when Timmy gets this game for Christmas he doesn't immediately run into 40 consecutive ladders on the 2nd mission.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

American McGay posted:

I hope the game is smart about how it displays the online generated content to the user so that when Timmy gets this game for Christmas he doesn't immediately run into 40 consecutive ladders on the 2nd mission.

the first run through an area doesn’t have any structures until you connect it to the network.

also your shard of things you see is around thirty others, not everyone in the game

bobby2times
Jan 9, 2010
This game is so goddamn stupid and Im loving it.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Colonel Whitey posted:

After about 6-7 hours of gameplay (about half that being actual gameplay) I’m still kinda unclear on the cargo packing mechanic. Is there any reason not to always press triangle to optimize load?

You can reorganize for the occasion such as when hitting high winds. Reducing your overall footprint will make you less likely to catch all the wind and stay straight.

You can also hold packages in your hands rather than your back as the taller the load the more often it sways. I do it when I’m already carrying a full load and picking up lost cargo.

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

Love this dumb game so much.

I think to make it better, instead of a baby, you had a puppy. Like let the puppy be in a little baby bjorn attached to Reedus. It barks/whines instead of cries and can sniff out BTs.

Bridge Buddy!

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Lava Lamp Goddess posted:

Love this dumb game so much.

I think to make it better, instead of a baby, you had a puppy. Like let the puppy be in a little baby bjorn attached to Reedus. It barks/whines instead of cries and can sniff out BTs.

Bridge Buddy!

D-dog would be much better than the baby then I can awkwardly pet my touchpad to soothe the good dog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lanth
Jun 15, 2007
Lipstick Apathy
Just spent an hour building/completing 3 road sections with stolen mule goods on a stolen mule truck. So what if the packages arrive late, I've got roads to build!