Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

BaseballPCHiker posted:

Whats the best way to cook the Normandy veggies? I tried steaming them this week and mustve overdone it because they were all mushy.

For steaming them I just throw them in a pot with just seasoning and heat them up for <10 minutes or so. As others have mentioned, they have enough moisture in them that I don't need to add any water. Just don't overcook them. It might take a few times to get the timing right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Yeah that's what I mean. Like, does the normandy blend cook well or nah?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Normandy blend is great if you just want to get your veggies in with ease. Its never going to beat fresh stuff but if I get home late I will just microwave a bowl of it, add some seasoning/hot sauce/parm to it and eat it with a protein.

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Has anyone noticed that the Kirkland Plata tequila has a weird vanilla taste to it?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Costco pesto is delicious

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg

canyoneer posted:

Agreed, it’s cheap and I put it on everything. When I’m too tired to cook I get some of those fridge section Perdue chicken things at the regular grocery on sale for $2 and then I load em up with Costco pesto and veg

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Yeah costco pesto is good. Highly recommend growing your own basil and making pesto yourself when its in season though, fresh basil is amazing

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Yeah costco pesto is good. Highly recommend growing your own basil and making pesto yourself when its in season though, fresh basil is amazing

Yeah, homemade pesto is better, and basil grows like a weed in the summer, but the Costco pesto is the next best thing.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Chinatown posted:

Normandy blend is great if you just want to get your veggies in with ease. Its never going to beat fresh stuff but if I get home late I will just microwave a bowl of it, add some seasoning/hot sauce/parm to it and eat it with a protein.

I think I prefer frozen. They're generally frozen almost immediately so they hold more nutritional content than if they were sitting in a semi for a few days.

Unless I'm eating raw veggies of course.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
Throw that pesto on some gnocchi and you got yourself a terrific dinner!

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

TraderStav posted:

Throw that pesto on some gnocchi and you got yourself a terrific dinner!

Or the fresh spinach ravioli

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT
My wife has been enjoying some brand of vodka sauce they got, as well as the squash ravioli. I imagine we will be returning for more very soon.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

They have a Mortal Kombat arcade machine for sale in Issaquah with a playable unit on the floor. I beat up Liu Kang with Scorpion but just uppercutted him for the finale as I didn’t remember the toasty move.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Hyrax Attack! posted:

They have a Mortal Kombat arcade machine for sale in Issaquah with a playable unit on the floor. I beat up Liu Kang with Scorpion but just uppercutted him for the finale as I didn’t remember the toasty move.

Hold block and up up.
It's the only fatality I ever remember and it blows the minds of my children when I do it at arcade games spotted in the wild:monocle:

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
I like these pans on sale, they look good and come with free red hot chili peppers

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

StormDrain posted:

I like these pans on sale, they look good and come with free red hot chili peppers

Califormication?

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Hyrax Attack! posted:

wtf our has some stupid Golden Tee machine instead

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Stopped at a 'co I was passing to grab lunch. When I went back to my car an employee that was collecting carts had blocked me in. As soon as I unlocked my car I could see on his face he was expecting me to bitch him out. Instead I said 'take your time, not in a hurry' and he was visibly relieved

We must all treat the caretakers of the temple with dignity and respect

PBUC

life is a joke
Mar 7, 2016
4 beautiful crisp new bridgestone tires, highly rated, deeply treaded, full of clean beautiful nitrogen, installed and out the door for $370 at Costco.

The next cheapest non-costco option in the entire city was $440 installed for a set of the cheapest possible junk tires that meet the bare minimum requirements to be sold as new. And they don't have any of the warranty or service follow-ups that come with a costco set. I never ever use my membership but it just paid for itself after a few years of being dormant. How do you say... PBUC?

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Played this at the Richmond CA costco while I waited for my tires, it was inappropriately loud for 9am but I couldn't stop playing and only after I fought like 5 characters did i see the little volume toggle on the top of the panel lol. Luckily Costco had the courtesy to be located in a giant scary building that absorbed all the sound.

life is a joke fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Nov 9, 2019

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

life is a joke posted:

4 beautiful crisp new bridgestone tires, highly rated, deeply treaded, full of clean beautiful nitrogen, installed and out the door for $370 at Costco.

The next cheapest non-costco option in the entire city was $440 installed for a set of the cheapest possible junk tires that meet the bare minimum requirements to be sold as new. And they don't have any of the warranty or service follow-ups that come with a costco set. I never ever use my membership but it just paid for itself after a few years of being dormant. How do you say... PBUC?

Played this at the Richmond CA costco while I waited for my tires, it was inappropriately loud for 9am but I couldn't stop playing and only after I fought like 5 characters did i see the little volume toggle on the top of the panel lol. Luckily Costco had the courtesy to be located in a giant scary building that absorbed all the sound.

Did you get your dog and soda communion too?

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Getting a new car battery at Costco as we speak. About to see what other great savings I can acquire too.

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

If I Saw It, Here's How It Happened.
My local gym has a toys for tots box that is depressingly empty. Is Costco a good value for new, non-plush toys or would I be better served at a TJ Max or someplace discounted? I don’t have a ton of funds but wanted to prime the pump and hopefully get a few more people guilted into donating.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

EVG posted:

My local gym has a toys for tots box that is depressingly empty. Is Costco a good value for new, non-plush toys or would I be better served at a TJ Max or someplace discounted? I don’t have a ton of funds but wanted to prime the pump and hopefully get a few more people guilted into donating.

Not a great selection

Kids love peanut butter pretzels though

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

EVG posted:

Some of the best deals I've seen for toy purchases for drives like that are at Walgreens oddly enough.

life is a joke
Mar 7, 2016

StormDrain posted:

Did you get your dog and soda communion too?

I don't know what that means, but want to say yes

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

life is a joke posted:

You are a false disciple.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

life is a joke posted:

Hot dog with drink (and refill)

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

EVG posted:

definitely TJ Maxx, or 5 Below if you have those

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

life is a joke posted:

Played this at the Richmond CA costco
hey thats my costco!! give it back

and it sucks

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

Has anyone tried the snowshoes they are selling right now? $70 with poles doesn’t seem like a bad deal, but I can’t find many reviews.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
The 'co has 6 Qt "Gourmia" air fryers for $50. I think they may have had it online for $60 previously but I've been looking for one and at this price I'm dtf.

The styling looks a lot like cuisinart.

I was looking at those snowshoes too, I don't know what I would use them for but I've always wanted a pair. I really hate cross-country skiing and snowshoeing seemed like more fun.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I have my own pair of snowshoes. It's basically hiking but much more awkward, difficult, and loving freezing if you're in WI.

I like it although no one will go with me. I haven't gone in a few years but intend to this year. I also have some x-country skis but have only used those once. Both are great workouts. I just hate the cold.

Do you have a link to the snowshoes? I'm just curious. I forgot what I hate. They're in the garage.

edit: ran out to the garage and dusted all of the webs and leaves off of it. Atlas 930 Trail. They don't make them anymore but they have good reviews. I'm guessing $100 since I'm a bargain shopper.

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Nov 10, 2019

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I have my own pair of snowshoes. It's basically hiking but much more awkward, difficult, and loving freezing if you're in WI.

I like it although no one will go with me. I haven't gone in a few years but intend to this year. I also have some x-country skis but have only used those once. Both are great workouts. I just hate the cold.

Do you have a link to the snowshoes? I'm just curious. I forgot what I hate. They're in the garage.

edit: ran out to the garage and dusted all of the webs and leaves off of it. Atlas 930 Trail. They don't make them anymore but they have good reviews. I'm guessing $100 since I'm a bargain shopper.

I think these are them. They are $70 in store, and they have three sizes/weigh limits.

https://www.costco.com/yukon-charlie's-pro-ii-series-930-snowshoes%2c-blue.product.100518470.html

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
That's a pretty good deal. I probably know as much about snowshoes as you do but they seem pretty similar. I think I got mine from REI online.

BeastOfExmoor
Aug 19, 2003

I will be gone, but not forever.

TheManWithNoName posted:

Has anyone tried the snowshoes they are selling right now? $70 with poles doesn’t seem like a bad deal, but I can’t find many reviews.

I've had my eye on them every year for essentially a decade, but since I haven't bought them it's pretty obvious I likely would not find a use for them. It only snows heavily in the mountains around here and I don't trust myself not to die of exposure or be killed by an avalanche.

If you search for Yukon Charlie snowshoes you'll find a variety of opinions from hiking forums, etc. My recollection is that they're fine for casual use.

Pennywise the Frown posted:

and loving freezing if you're in WI.

I mean, by definition...

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

BeastOfExmoor posted:

I mean, by definition...

Snowed in October this year. First time in about 90 years. Also a few days ago it was 17F. The season hasn't even begun yet. :smithicide:

If you have any nature centers near you they might rent out snowshoes. There is a place by me that rents them for maybe $5 or so. Maybe 5 years ago I went with my cousin and nephew and they worked just fine. It'll give you a taste of how it is to walk with them on. Maybe check out your local areas.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

It was 80 here at the beach in LA.

PBUC

number 1 snake fan
Jul 16, 2018

canyoneer posted:

Kirkland pesto is hot garbage, it has hardly any basil in it ("basil blend" even, on the label) and is mostly crappy cheese filler. I made some pasta with it last night and had to use like 1/4 of the container to get any hint of green to the pasta.
Also their precooked grilled chicken packages are completely unseasoned, I'm gonna be making some returns.

Edit: the sonicare toothbrushes are incredible, though

number 1 snake fan fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Nov 10, 2019

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Does anyone have that Air Fryer that's on sale??

My wife is crazy for it but I don't really want another appliance. Would rather get the combo mini oven that air frys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

number 1 snake fan posted:

Kirkland pesto is hot garbage, it has hardly any basil in it ("basil blend" even, on the label) and is mostly crappy cheese filler. I made some pasta with it last night and had to use like 1/4 of the container to get any hint of green to the pasta.
Also their precooked grilled chicken packages are completely unseasoned, I'm gonna be making some returns.

Edit: the sonicare toothbrushes are incredible, though

Lmao what