Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pikestaff
Feb 17, 2013

Came here to bark at you

So the "leaks" have begun. This is most likely fake just like most of the early "leaks" that happen soon after a logo reveal, but worth sharing anyway because it's fun to speculate:

https://twitter.com/KyuaKyua8/status/1187151320198696960

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
the skin tone on the girl on the right looks really fake in terms of like, shading, but itd be good if elena wasnt a oneoff

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Precure typically sticks to a specific artstyle more often than not (though HeartCatch was a bit more cartoonish looking overall) so knowing that it’s kind of easier to spot a fake (or better yet, just believe nothing until we get some kind of official word, which usually happens around December as I recall).

That said, I agree it would be nice to have another dark skinned Cure at some point (especially since Elena got so little focus in the current season). Starting with a duo would also be fun as we haven’t had that since Maho Girls (aside from MaCherie and Amour that is but they were midseason additions).

Larryb fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Oct 24, 2019

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

At least it isnt the Balala as Healin Good leaks I've seen spread around....

If I had any photo shop skills I'd drop the logo on a Nurse Angle Ririka screen shot

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

That's really cute, I kinda hope it's real. It feels way too early to have legit leaks out, but I'd be pretty happy if those two were the new cures.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

It’s probably too early for it to be real at this point. That said, if we are going with a medical/rescue theme this time around I want a Precure named Cure Cure.

A green Cure that actually looks green would also be nice, as would a white Cure that was part of the main team.

Pikestaff
Feb 17, 2013

Came here to bark at you

Interesting thread on the development of Futari wa Precure (click through to read the whole thing - there's some concept art too)

https://twitter.com/Deem939/status/1059834070522363905

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I still like the fact the original director based Nagisa's and Honoka's interactions off buddy cop stories. it's one of the reasons Futari wa is really unique among anime/tokusatsu/Sentai shows as Nagisa/Honoka really are equals instead of being a solo show or on of them being the leader

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Yeah, while Nagisa usually takes point during crossovers there really is no de facto “leader” of the Futari team (same goes for Splash Star and Maho Girls for that matter). They’re equal partners who each make up for something the other lacks.

Out of curiosity is there any real significance to the name “Precure” (or “Pretty Cure” as it used to be romanized to until around HeartCatch or so) or is it mostly just a play on Purikura (a popular Japanese photo booth)?

Most of their powers are based on healing and purification though so I guess that could be a rationalization as to why they’re called “Cures”.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Star Twinkle 38: Good episode this week, showing both Yuni's and Aiwan’s pasts, as well as meeting the real Bakenyan - the one whose look Yuni copied before she set off into the universe. The atmosphere was really good, and it looks like Yuni and Aiwarn have finally settled the problem between them. Doesn't mean things are done with with the villains by a long shot.

Next Time: Tenjou (poorly) disguises herself as a teacher, and Elena gets another episode!

No episode next week due to Ekiden.

With roughly 11 episodes to go now it’s also probably safe to write Elena off as a lost cause in terms of character development at this point (which is a shame as I kind of like her), Madoka still may have a chance of being important later depending on what they decide to do with her dad.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Oct 27, 2019

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Subs are out for 38, it’s a good episode that I highly recommend everyone watch.

It not only properly introduced Twinkle Imagination but also gave us some major character development for both Yuni and Aiwan.

Some highlights:

-Aiwan was apparently a homeless orphan that Tenjou took in after discovering her stowed away aboard a NotRaider vessel. The foot soldiers for the series are apparently actually aliens of different species all wearing special suits that Aiwan designed.

-The real Bakenyan (called Hakenyan) is a fortune teller that happened to be an old friend of Yuni’s (Bakenyan was based off of how the genuine article used to look when he was younger). Despite being a cat alien, Hakenyan appears to have no connection to planet Rainbow as far as I can tell. It’s also odd that aside from an off hand comment by Madoka none of the Cures really react that strongly to him at all.

-Twinkle Imagination seems to do...absolutely nothing as far as I can tell. Maybe something will happen once all 5 unlock it though.

-Yuni apologizes for tricking Aiwan but the latter winds up taking off at the end anyway (she’ll probably factor into the finale somehow). I do sort of feel this felt a bit unearned though as the loss of a friend isn’t exactly equal to the loss of Yuni’s entire planet and everyone she loves. I still get what they were trying to go for though but it might have been nice if we had a few more episodes prior that built up to this.

Also have a drawing of Cure Milky done by Lala’s own VA Kohara Konomi:

Larryb fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Oct 28, 2019

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Edit: Nevermind

Larryb fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Oct 30, 2019

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Some Eas/Setsuna concept art I just found:

Kind of like the short hair look she originally had going on honestly.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Short Eas is awesome they should use the design elsewhere

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Either of the top two designs would be cool to see get reused, yes.

Regarding Star Twinkle, I’ve noticed that the NotRaiders are, well, not raiders. They don’t actually seem to have much interest in actually conquering planets (otherwise why not just swoop in and take over Earth while the Precure are busy off world and can’t stop you?) and instead seem more focused on getting the star pens and later Fuwa.

There’s almost definitely something up with Darknest himself as well. During closeups you can see scanlines in his eyes and there’s one episode where the armor is shown to be completely empty but then the face suddenly just turns on. Also his voice is distorted and Toei still seems to be hiding the name of his actor (which I’m not sure if they’ve ever done before).

I’ve mentioned this before but my current theory is that he’s an AI or otherwise some sort of mechanical construct being puppeted by someone or something elsewhere (the prime suspect at the moment seems to be Madoka’s father due to his general attitude, the way that he talks like he’s had experience with aliens in the past, and the fact that as a high ranking government official he’d likely have access to the technology needed to pull something like this off). I wouldn’t be surprised if Darknest was directly responsible for the destruction of the other NotRaiders’ homeworlds and was just using them for his own ends.

I could be wrong of course but either way if handled right we should have one hell of a final arc coming up before too long.

Episode 38 brings up a somewhat disturbing revelation as well. It appears that the Nottoreis (the footsoldiers of the season) are not machines but rather aliens of various races wearing special suits that Aiwan designed. And since we don’t see what happens to them after they get hit by an attack that would mean that the Precure have potentially been massacring dozens of various aliens without realizing it (or they just get knocked away and retreat off screen).

Even if they’re not killing them, the fact that they’re essentially beating the crap out of conscripted alien refugees wearing suits (not to mention burning and electrocuting them as well) is still kind of dark if you think about it. I wonder if the Cures will ever wind up finding out about this little fact.

Also unless the destroyed planets are restored at the end we’ve honestly got a pretty high body count on our hands for a Precure series. There are honestly some pretty high stakes here which makes it weird to me why the Cures (particularly Hikaru) don’t really seem to be taking this as seriously as they probably should.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Nov 7, 2019

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Also here’s another potential leak for Healin Good:

More than likely fake of course though this is the second “leak” to feature a black girl as the show’s secondary protagonist. 2020 is the 10th anniversary of HeartCatch after all so another show done in the same art style would be fun.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Nov 7, 2019

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?

Larryb posted:

Toei still seems to be hiding the name of his actor (which I’m not sure if they’ve ever done before).

The Witch Queen in Ojamajo Doremi is always listed in the credits as ?, at least up to where I am in Motto.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

That leak ended up being fake and I'm kinda bummed. It seemed the most believable so far. https://twitter.com/PastelPyon/status/1192807929109471232

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

blossommirage posted:

That leak ended up being fake and I'm kinda bummed. It seemed the most believable so far. https://twitter.com/PastelPyon/status/1192807929109471232

Eh, to be fair it’s still way too early for reveals just yet. That said, I would like it if they played around with the general art style again like they did back in HeartCatch though.

I’m still looking forward to the official reveal though as the title and logo alone could suggest a bunch of different things (a medical/rescue theme, an angel theme, an animal theme, a nature theme, or maybe even a combination of things).

Larryb fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Nov 8, 2019

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Ditto on the art style. I was really doubting they would have gotten Umakoshi back since he's busy with HeroAca, but I still had hope. I know my Heartcatch bias is coloring it, but I really think they might do something for the tenth anniversary. Even something small, it would make me so happy.

I'm way behind on Star Twinkle, haven't watched since the first episode where Fuwa was a unicorn. How's it been?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

blossommirage posted:

Ditto on the art style. I was really doubting they would have gotten Umakoshi back since he's busy with HeroAca, but I still had hope. I know my Heartcatch bias is coloring it, but I really think they might do something for the tenth anniversary. Even something small, it would make me so happy.

I'm way behind on Star Twinkle, haven't watched since the first episode where Fuwa was a unicorn. How's it been?

Star Twinkle is good, watch the rest of it. Though I should note that Overtime is still only on episode 32 and Anon only releases sub files so you’d have to find a raw to attach it to (or just watch the episodes via streaming if you’re desperate).

As for the art style, while getting Umakoshi back would be nice I also wouldn’t mind if they experimented with other styles as well every so often just to mix things up a bit.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Nov 9, 2019

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Yeah, I've got a stack of Anon subs and raws I haven't gotten around to yet. Glad to hear it's still good, though. Thanks!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
I've enjoyed Star Twinkle a lot but it's really aimless in its pacing. Stuff happens but it's by and large an extremely episodic series. Characters don't really develop. Heck, I still couldn't tell you much about Elena that wasn't set up in her intro episode, and the girls have only had a few bonding moments.

Like I said, I like the show a lot overall, but I do hope the next one is more like, plot-focused. As plot-focused as these shows get, anyway.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The Space episodes have a decent amount of plot but the earth stuff is very slice of life. In a way it reminds me a lot of Maho Girls which probably would of been better of being it's own things and no trying to Precure (Even though I love the main cast...free Cure Mofurun)

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Lala and Yuni are clearly the real stars of the show (being the only Cures with any real nuance to their character), Hikaru is important but her role seems a bit downplayed compared to other Pinks. Elena basically has no story aside from being a slightly less interesting version of Nao from Smile and Madoka’s importance is going to depend heavily on how the show handles certain events later on.

Hikaru herself is way too impulsive, almost stupidly naive, and doesn’t really seem to have learned from any of her mistakes. I still like her well enough and there’s a chance she could turn things around by the end but she’s probably not making my list of favorite Pinks anytime soon.

As for the villains, so far Kappard and Aiwan are the only ones with any real depth to them so far (though it’s possible we might get something for Tenjou in this week's episode). Toei’s still hiding the name of his VA at the moment so I’m assuming they’ve got something big planned for Darknest himself as well.

The second half has meandered a bit but 35 is good if you like Sakurako (who I still think would have made a good Cure), 36 and 38 are good Yuni episodes (the latter is also kind of big as far as the general plot goes) and 37 gives us a bit more backstory for Kappard as well as a fun little Sentai nod.

Despite its issues I’ve still been enjoying Star Twinkle overall and hope we can get a decent finale out of all of this. From what I’ve heard online the movie was apparently really good as well but we won’t get that for at least another month or two.

SatoshiMiwa posted:

The Space episodes have a decent amount of plot but the earth stuff is very slice of life. In a way it reminds me a lot of Maho Girls which probably would of been better of being it's own things and no trying to Precure (Even though I love the main cast...free Cure Mofurun)

Cure Mofurun did make a cameo in the big Hugtto crossover last year at least along with Royal Candy, Regina, Bibury, and the Kiryuu sisters (wearing their “Cure” outfits from the end of Splash Star no less).

Larryb fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Nov 9, 2019

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

I love Nao, she's my favorite Smile Cure, but someone being a less interesting version of her is saying a LOT. I don't disagree, though. And I love everything I've seen from the movie, there's a gif of Hikaru and Lala transforming from it that is legitimately gorgeous. Kinda makes me wanna go watch other PreCure movies outside of the handful of All Stars and the Heartcatch and HaCha ones.

Anyway, it's the weekend, I have no plans, so I'm just gonna bury myself in blankets and pizza rolls and catch upon StarTwi. Thanks, y'all.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Nao is also one of my favorites even though they didn’t do as much with her as they probably could have (she’s also voiced by Yoko Littner from Gurren Lagann).

The comparison mostly stems from both of them acting as a surrogate mother to a large family of younger siblings as otherwise Elena doesn’t really seem to have a lot going on with her personality wise (whereas Nao loved sports and was super competitive, had something of a rivalry going on with Akane, and also had a crippling fear of insects of any kind).

Regardless, I like Elena and she’s still a better Yellow than say, Yuko from Happiness Charge, but it saddens me that the writers didn’t really do a whole lot with her this season).

Off the subject, Star Twinkle also had a weird habit early on where Lala would be the one to talk to the victim of the week even in episodes that weren’t supposed to be about her (such as Elena’s brother and Hikaru’s grandfather).

Then again, Precure has done stuff like that before (for example in Suite Hibiki once received a powerup in an episode that was supposed to be about Kanade).

Larryb fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Nov 9, 2019

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

That feeling when you go to watch Precure live stream only to forget it's an hour earlier cause of Time change

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Star Twinkle 39: Tenjou's human alias of "Jou Tengu" is barely trying when it comes to trying to infiltrate the Cures' social circle. Though I do like her human teacher design. Pixiv is going to have some fun with that. The part with Elena's speech was really heartwarming, too. She went through social exclusion when she was younger because of her mixed race background, but her family and friends helped her get where she is today.

From what we see of Tenjou's backstory, she seems to be similarly shunned on her planet, which is why she targets Elena.

Elena hasn't had nearly enough episodes overall, so I'm glad to get another one. Next week: Lala's secret is revealed, and the government also seems to discover that the Cures have been harboring a catgirl alien on Earth. The veil of secrecy has dropped.

Based on the preview it’s possible we might be gearing up for the series endgame a little sooner than expected (unless they somehow manage to cover everything up by the end of next week’s episode).

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

I watched up through 38. The dog police girl is my new favorite character, she deserves to be a Cure. :colbert:

Also yeah, this is definitely a fun season. It feels lacking, but I'm not sure why. I'm not actively going "God, I miss Hugtto" when I watch it, it's fun enough and has enough merit, it just feels slightly off.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

blossommirage posted:

I watched up through 38. The dog police girl is my new favorite character, she deserves to be a Cure. :colbert:

Also yeah, this is definitely a fun season. It feels lacking, but I'm not sure why. I'm not actively going "God, I miss Hugtto" when I watch it, it's fun enough and has enough merit, it just feels slightly off.

I liked Mary Ann a lot more than I was expecting to and hope she shows up again outside of the movie. But yeah, the show has potential but for some reason it seems hesitant on actually pulling the trigger on it most of the time (and unless the lost planets get restored somehow or turn out to be hidden inside the black hole outside NotRaider HQ then we’ve already racked up a pretty big body count for a Precure series as well).

Hopefully we’ll get a decent final arc out of this though (and judging by the preview for episode 40 that might be coming up sooner than we think). Should be an interesting one at least assuming some events play out the way I currently think they will.

I also found it odd that Yuni was the one to apologize to Aiwan when the latter basically stole her entire life from her. Granted, Yuni did betray Aiwan’s trust and cost her the only home she’s probably ever known but it still doesn’t exactly sound like an equal tradeoff to me. That said, Aiwan will definitely be back for the finale so hopefully there will be another chance to settle all this.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Nov 10, 2019

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Larryb posted:

I liked Mary Ann a lot more than I was expecting to and hope she shows up again outside of the movie. But yeah, the show has potential but for some reason it seems hesitant on actually pulling the trigger on it most of the time (and unless the lost planets get restored somehow or turn out to be hidden inside the black hole outside NotRaider HQ then we’ve already racked up a pretty big body count for a Precure series as well). Hopefully we’ll get a decent final arc out of this though.

I also found it odd that Yuni was the one to apologize to Aiwan when the latter basically stole her entire life from her. Granted, Yuni did betray Aiwan’s trust and cost her the only home she’s probably ever known but it still doesn’t exactly sound like an equal tradeoff to me. That said, Aiwan will definitely be back for the finale so hopefully there will be another chance to settle all this.

This might sound weird, but Star Twinkle's like a Happiness Charge that is objectively better, but I like less. It has so many cool concepts and good characters but they just exist in a world that feels kinda empty.

I thought Yuni forgiving Aiwan was really powerful, but her apologizing was weird, yeah. Especially since her people are still dead and/or in a refrigerator. Also felt kinda iffy about the half Mexican girl hanging out with a cactus man with a sombrero for her focus episode. Weird season, but it's fun and Lala is cute.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

blossommirage posted:

This might sound weird, but Star Twinkle's like a Happiness Charge that is objectively better, but I like less. It has so many cool concepts and good characters but they just exist in a world that feels kinda empty.

I thought Yuni forgiving Aiwan was really powerful, but her apologizing was weird, yeah. Especially since her people are still dead and/or in a refrigerator. Also felt kinda iffy about the half Mexican girl hanging out with a cactus man with a sombrero for her focus episode. Weird season, but it's fun and Lala is cute.

Yeah, it was good scene but I just don’t feel Aiwan’s actually done anything yet to warrant it (then again it doesn’t seem like her story is over yet so there’s probably still time for her to redeem herself somehow). I have to wonder though, if Bakenyan was based on a fortune teller Yuni met once then does that mean there’s a real Mao somewhere out there as well (or a real person who resembles her human form for that matter)?

Also I really hope Twinkle Imagination actually does something significant once all 5 pieces are gathered as so far it just seems to amount to a brief light show and not much else.

To be fair the cactus episode could have wound up being a lot more racist than it actually was so there is that at any rate (today’s episode was a much better Elena spotlight I felt as it actually provided her with a bit of backstory for once), still weird though.

And yeah, Star Twinkle being Happiness Charge only good is a pretty decent description I feel (right down to Yellow being largely irrelevant and only two Cures actually mattering by the end).

Larryb fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Nov 10, 2019

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Subs have been released for 39. This episode was better than I expected, giving us some much needed backstory for both Elena and Tenjou (though unlike Kappard/Hikaru and Aiwan/Yuni I’m not sure if a rivalry between the two of them ever actually existed before now). Strangely, Elena actually doesn’t unlock her Twinkle Imagination this time around (they just go straight to the finisher).

I am curious about next time though as unless they figure out some way of covering up Lala and Yuni’s identities I’m going to guess the cat’s out of the bag now and we’re starting the series endgame early (which is fine by me honestly).

Between Yuni and the generals I like how this series injects some much needed shades of grey into the franchise (though to be fair somewhat sympathetic villains isn’t exactly something new for Precure), makes things more interesting I feel. Even Mary Ann (the dog cop from 36/the movie) has shown she’s willing to bend the law a bit for the sake of justice.

There’s also definitely more to Darknest himself than meets the eye (his face is a computer screen, his voice is distorted, and we still don’t know who his actor is) but that likely won’t be revealed until later. My current theory is that he has an alter ego somewhere else and it’s most likely someone we’ve already met before (currently Madoka’s father is at the top of my list of suspects but we’ll see). He’s also more than likely behind the destruction/disappearance of all the various planets so far and is just using the others for his own ends.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Nov 10, 2019

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Madoka's dad being Darknest would be neat, but it wouldn't make a ton of sense since he has actually seen Lala and would 100% know she's Samanian. Probably. I don't remember if he's actually seen Lala, but I remember them having to hide Fuwa and Prunce from him.

The important part is, Lala decided to go to earth school and learn shapes and phonics, but Yuni has stayed true to just hanging out with earth cats all the time with no explanation.

And yeah, 39 was great. I have no idea what they'll do with Elena's Twinkle Imagination now, but we got another tenish episodes to go. They might just work it in fully with Tengu's redemption and have this episode just act as set up for it. They might do something similar with Madoka and Kappard since they're both like... pensive? I guess? Not sure how to describe it, but they have the most similar energy. Hikaru and Lala are too central to the plot to have their Twinkle Energy plot happen on the minor villains.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Hikaru and Kappard seem to have more of a personal rivalry established though but I suppose he could work with Madoka as well. I do have to wonder why it took them this long to actually give Elena and Tenjou some depth though (Elena’s struggles with being half Mexican were sort of alluded to way back in the early days of the show but I don’t recall any indication that Tenjou was isolated or that any sort of rivalry existed between the two of them).

It would make sense for Darknest to be somebody we know as otherwise why else would Toei be so secretive
about it to the point of withholding the name of his VA. I know it doesn’t completely make sense but I’m not entirely sure who else it could possibly be (Madoka’s dad has the means to pull this off, speaks as if he personally has dealt with aliens in the past, and generally seems to have a rather dim view of the world at large).

It’s also possible he could be feigning ignorance to avoid tipping his hand too soon (plus it being him would give Madoka some much needed story focus).

Another idea could be that Darknest is a rogue AI of some sort that somehow gained sentience (or it could be both and there’s another enemy pulling the strings from behind the scenes), which would kind of work form a thematic standpoint. I imagine the truth will come out before too much longer though.

I’m not sure how I’d feel about redeeming him at the end though as unless the lost planets are just hidden away somewhere it’s been heavily implied that this guy has basically committed mass genocide on multiple worlds and is kind of a horrible monster that needs to be taken down for the good of the universe. I suppose it all depends on what his deal turns out to be I guess.

Also unless something changes in the last few episodes then Yuni will be the first core Precure in history that doesn’t go to school (and it seems too late to set something like that up now). I’m fine with her staying feral though, she’s got her own mission to complete and is basically only on Earth right now because she has to be (plus Aiwan stole her ship so she couldn’t leave even if she wanted to).

Larryb fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Nov 11, 2019

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Yeah, not tipping his hand early would make sense too. I honestly don't know what to expect, my gut is saying it's not Madoka's dad but I'm happy to be proven wrong.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

It would sort of be a rehash of HeartCatch but then again it’s been 9 years since then. I just don’t really see who else it could logically be. Again, I’m mostly curious due to the aforementioned voice actor issue (why hide it if he doesn’t share a voice with another established character?) and that considering the fact that interplanetary visitors aren’t even legally allowed to reveal themselves to humans, Fuyuki (Madoka’s dad) seems strangely familiar with the concept of aliens. You could even twist it to say that he feels like the universe is corrupt and this is his way of “saving” it or something along those lines.

Of course, I could turn out to be completely wrong but nobody else really makes much sense to me at this point. Time will tell of course.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Nov 11, 2019

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

If it was Madoka's dad we probably would of been given a few hints. I'm guessing we get our second evil AI actually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

SatoshiMiwa posted:

If it was Madoka's dad we probably would of been given a few hints. I'm guessing we get our second evil AI actually

As mentioned, Fuyuki’s comments regarding aliens seem to be the biggest red flag for me at this point but true, so far all the evidence seems to point to Darknest being some kind of advanced AI (his face is a computer screen that in this episode we see can actually project things on it and he speaks with a distorted voice).

Plus it would fit in with the whole magic vs technology angle the show seems to have (or perhaps it’s more like magic that’s supported by technology seeing as the Cures and the NotRaiders seem to utilize both). Though if that’s the case then why is Toei purposefully hiding the name of his VA?

Even if it’s the latter it’s still possible there’s some kind of puppet master behind the scenes (somebody had to build him after all). Assuming the reveal next week sticks we’re probably getting close to endgame territory now so I imagine it can’t be too much longer until we find out what’s up with him.

Though even if Fuyuki just turns out to be kind of a jerk and has nothing to do with Darknest I’d still like to see some kind of resolution between him and Madoka at some point before the end of the series. I’m also assuming this team is getting their identities exposed somehow by the end as well.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Nov 11, 2019