Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015

Although next time, you would be wise to heed the ancient Japanese proverb... phone first!
I'm hyped for the Toonami dub, Zach Aguilar has been on a roll with getting big roles (replacing Chris Niosi as Byleth in Fire Emblem: Three Houses, Ota Matsushita in AI: The Somnium Files, Koichi Hirose in JJBA: Part 4), and everyone else seems pretty good. Aleks Le sold me on him when he was Akira in Astral Chain, Johnny Young Bosch seems perfect as Tomioka, and... I honestly don't get why everyone's so mad at Bryce Papenbrook as Inosuke?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Junpei posted:

I'm hyped for the Toonami dub, Zach Aguilar has been on a roll with getting big roles (replacing Chris Niosi as Byleth in Fire Emblem: Three Houses, Ota Matsushita in AI: The Somnium Files, Koichi Hirose in JJBA: Part 4), and everyone else seems pretty good. Aleks Le sold me on him when he was Akira in Astral Chain, Johnny Young Bosch seems perfect as Tomioka, and... I honestly don't get why everyone's so mad at Bryce Papenbrook as Inosuke?

I don't know. Kirito is Inosuke in both languages so it works.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Recently started to binge the show, and just finished the ever-talked about Episode 19. At first it seemed like an average episode but good lord did the last few minutes just ramp things up a mile a minute. That last sequence was easily the best in the entire show and I'm just bummed I only have seven episodes to go.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klsU4erJnEs

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Finally finished.

It was quite good! Certainly good enough to drown out some of my complaints.

I hope Inosuke gets to fight that train.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

a kitten posted:

I hope Inosuke gets to fight that train.

:allears:

Waterfall Watcher
Dec 17, 2018

How to ruin improve game sessions & family ties with one simple question.

-Would this be better if I used poison?
I just watch this season and read the train chapters and I gotta say, this cannon movie is going to be gooood.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Train arc is good but what I really want to see animated is the arc after it

No wait, the arc after that one

No wait, the arc after that one

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
We're very likely to get the whole dang thing animated, tbh. Like Shueisha/WSJ would be loving daft to not capitalize on the popularity this got. I mean sure, this is just basically one big commercial for the manga, but I'm almost certain that manga sales skyrocketed from "Hey, this is selling pretty well!", to "HOLY DIVER, ROLLER, BUTCHER, BAKER, CANDLESTICK MAKER ALL FIVE OF 'EM OUT TO SEA, THIS IS SELLING LIKE HOTCAKES".

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

It surpassed One Piece, which I'm pretty sure is literally impossible. There's no way in hell they won't monetize this as much as possible and then some.

The anime will continue, more figures will come out, we'll get mediocre games including at least one gacha.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
That statistic about One Piece was actually that Kimetsu was well on track to pass One Piece in volume sales this year because people buying Demon Slayer were buying ALL of the volumes available, but One Piece just announced another volume this year releasing on Christmas and even with six days left in the year, One Piece volumes do like two million sales in two days.

Nothing beats One Piece, man

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Expect My Mom posted:

Nothing beats One Piece, man
My dad can totally beat One Piece's dad! :colbert:

Only not really, though. :(

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I hope Kimetsu edges One Piece out this year just because it'd be Justice for people sleeping on Kimetsu for so long.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Fabricated posted:

I hope Kimetsu edges One Piece out this year just because it'd be Justice for people sleeping on Kimetsu for so long.

I'm one of them, having just finished the show the other day.

I'll have to check out the manga.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
This show was amazing. Why can't more fighty anime shows be at this level

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015

Although next time, you would be wise to heed the ancient Japanese proverb... phone first!
The dub is great, Zach Aguilar is the perfect choice for Tanjiro!

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Indeed! Kyle McCarley was fun as well because he got the "<:mad:> you little poo poo" essence that makes Yushiro work.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

https://twitter.com/Crunchyroll/status/1208214151551578113?s=1

Yay!

Edit: wow is this ever the wrong thread :xd:

a kitten fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Dec 21, 2019

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Gonna be real curious to see how S2 approaches the material, manga changes a lot after where we left off.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Uuuuuuh

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

...Oh wow, I think that's the first time I've seen multiple people in a row post in the wrong thread lol

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Spiritus Nox posted:

...Oh wow, I think that's the first time I've seen multiple people in a row post in the wrong thread lol
Total Lack of Concentration Posting

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Total Lack of Concentration Posting

:sweatdrop:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
You must learn to shitpost constantly, without conscious thought, even while sleeping.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
On the penalty of having three girls wail on you with those futon-drying thingies?

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Some penance

https://twitter.com/everythinqoes/status/1208487050833321984?s=20

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
My brain says bottom left but my heart says bottom right.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

paragon1 posted:

My brain says bottom left but my heart says bottom right.

bottom left 100%

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
Sorry for the bump but couldnt risk spoilers by posting this in manga thread: I am incredibly bored in stay at home quarantine so I have been looking for manga/anime series to catch up on. I watched the demon slayer anime and thought it was very good, and I decided against reading the manga when the first season ended because I thought the show did such a good job with the animation/music/etc that it was worth it to see things there for the first time.

BUT IM SO FUCKEN BORED. Should I read the manga? Enjoyable for anime first people?

I'm probably going to just do it and this is a borderline dumb question but still, gimme ur thoughts

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's a good manga and the next season of the anime probably isn't coming out for another year or two. so, have at it.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Jerkface posted:

Sorry for the bump but couldnt risk spoilers by posting this in manga thread: I am incredibly bored in stay at home quarantine so I have been looking for manga/anime series to catch up on. I watched the demon slayer anime and thought it was very good, and I decided against reading the manga when the first season ended because I thought the show did such a good job with the animation/music/etc that it was worth it to see things there for the first time.

BUT IM SO FUCKEN BORED. Should I read the manga? Enjoyable for anime first people?

I'm probably going to just do it and this is a borderline dumb question but still, gimme ur thoughts

It's good. Go for it. Do note that the art is a lot rougher though, the anime is much prettier, but the story is still the same.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

The manga is pretty good and worth reading. The chief complaint after just ending is that it could've benefitted from an extra arc or two to develop the characters and story beats more. Overall it holds up well though!

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Manga good, art is definitely rougher than the anime, but by no means bad. It's a very brisk read and considering it's just over 200 chapters, you'll probably be done with it in an afternoon or two and be bored again quickly. :v:

Definitely agree more of the series would have been better. Hopefully the anime pads it out a bit with input from the original author.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Yeah I think this will be the first anime where the manga readers WANT a filler arc. :v:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

If you sign up for Manga Plus through Viz (or maybe the Shonen Jump manga+ site itself?) you can read the whole thing for 2 bux a month, hell if you read fast might be able to finish in the free "new member" sign-up week.

For that matter the 1st three chapters are always available for free if you just want to check them out

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
I think the newest chapters are usually free too.

The Viz app is definitely the best $2 I spend each month.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

paragon1 posted:

Yeah I think this will be the first anime where the manga readers WANT a filler arc. :v:

if they brought the author on to flesh out the story a bit, that'd be cool

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Manatee Cannon posted:

if they brought the author on to flesh out the story a bit, that'd be cool

I was thinking about this too. Are there any other animes that have had the author add additional arcs to them?

It really feels like editorial intervention made her cut the manga short, so maybe she'd be more open to having the complete story be animated.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

There Bias Two posted:

I was thinking about this too. Are there any other animes that have had the author add additional arcs to them?

It really feels like editorial intervention made her cut the manga short, so maybe she'd be more open to having the complete story be animated.

Bleach...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I'm genuinely curious if the Bleach anime coming up next year will try and tidy things up for the last arc.