Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Tohru will become as serene as a monk and seek a different kind of perfection. If you think about it monks are like the good inversion of the neets. Already he's emptying his mind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Oh I guess the company needed so many hidden cameras because they're running Teiai-esque death games

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BattleMaster posted:

Oh I guess the company needed so many hidden cameras because they're running Teiai-esque death games

that's how i interpret it, lmao. grammatically the line could also be correctly translated as "he won't have a good death" as in, he'll die as a loser. but i'm sure the implication is supposed to be that the company is unbelievably shady. so lol

Johnny-on-the-Spot
Apr 17, 2015

That feeling when he opens
the door for you

BattleMaster posted:

Thats how I'm reading the situation, Tohru got lucky, but for how long...

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Steak posted:

that's how i interpret it, lmao. grammatically the line could also be correctly translated as "he won't have a good death" as in, he'll die as a loser. but i'm sure the implication is supposed to be that the company is unbelievably shady. so lol

net cafe

Slam Pajamas
May 21, 2007
ALL TEXT TITLE ALL-STARS
Comics going to end with Tourou completly turning his life around and earning complete redemption. The final strip will be him briefly crossing paths with his would be employers one fateful day in March, 1995 as he rushes through the Tokyo subway to his new life.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

tohru's nose wasn't nearly pointy enough for that company anyways

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Slam Pajamas posted:

Comics going to end with Tourou completly turning his life around and earning complete redemption. The final strip will be him briefly crossing paths with his would be employers one fateful day in March, 1995 as he rushes through the Tokyo subway to his new life.

while this would be hilarious, subway bombing jokes in japan would be received similarly to a 9/11 joke in america.

edit: btw i dont know how this path ends, so dont read too much into my posts

Mr. Steak fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Nov 11, 2019

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

tohru's nose wasn't nearly pointy enough for that company anyways

he also doesn't seem like much of a gambler

come to think of it, our NEET really doesn't have anything going on in the way of vice anymore, he isn't even playing games aside from his first night out. he has that going on for him at least

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

that rounds out the page (and the mini-arc) super nicely.
especially since this page started out w the panel of the dude saying "you won't make a comeback"

fyi this is about the size of a "page" on the OG website. (except it's missing the first panel)

(and for the statistics nerds, we've just finished our 79th page)

Mr. Steak fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Nov 11, 2019

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

lmfao...this guy's more pathetic than the NEET. That's a hell of an achievement imo.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Mr. Steak posted:

Oh, okay, so our NEET avoided a shady situation that would have misinterpreted his past in the worst way.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Lmao oh god

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe

Victis posted:

Lmao oh god

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Tohru, no. Stop.

:ohdear:

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
Oh no

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Tohru is a living tragedy

Hot Stunt
Oct 2, 2009

Back to Gay Baby Jail I guess.

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe
Bad touch, BAD TOUCH!!

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Aino Minako
Dec 16, 2007

Perpetual rage elemental

Victis posted:

Lmao oh god

HardDiskD posted:

Tohru, no. Stop.

best bale
Jul 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

HardDiskD posted:

Tohru, no. Stop.

Foul Ole Ron posted:

Bad touch, BAD TOUCH!!

Edit: lol that he was worried about being labeled a molester...until he realizes it’s a little kid and it’s okay now?

jemand
Sep 19, 2018

No that's worse!! Stop!

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

best bale posted:

Edit: lol that he was worried about being labeled a molester...until he realizes it’s a little kid and it’s okay now?

welcome to the very advanced nation, japan

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Shadow0 posted:

neet cafe

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

feeling some strong secondhand embarrassment

Aino Minako
Dec 16, 2007

Perpetual rage elemental

At least he’ll know how to conduct himself in prison

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

best bale posted:

It's the next plot twist in which he finally finds work as a SA TVIV Mod.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

best bale
Jul 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
OHTHANKGOD

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
Wait, he was going to try to remove liquid from someone's clothing with his bare hands?

I also like that his reaction was to just reach out and try to do this rather than at least saying anything like, "Sorry, let me help you wipe that up."

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort

These are two well-drawn frames

Good job, OG artist

Hot Stunt
Oct 2, 2009

I'm glad that (this version of) the NEET is not going to be a molester (at this point in time).

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Sir Bobert Fishbone posted:

These are two well-drawn frames

Good job, OG artist

Yeah, actually, I agree. Good visual metaphor, too.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

CrazyLoon posted:

That's why it's the master - most internet people have overstimulated minds, meaning that most everyone still following by this point secretly hopes for it to go from 0-60 at some point and yea...that's not how this works at all lol.

There is precedent for 0 to 60. Mom killing herself for instance. Now we watch wondering if or when something like that will happen again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS